• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Interview Experience at Los Angeles

Our(me and husband) interview was scheduled at 1:00PM today in the Los Angeles office, we arrived at 12:00PM and turned in our interview letters. We waited only a short while and the adjudication officer called us in at 12:35PM(surprise!), so it seems rather like a first-come-first-serve system. We prepared so many documents related to our marriage & finances but the officer did not seem to care about that. The majority of the questions are directly from the information in our I-485 packets. The officer was very nice and overall the mood is very relaxed, he asked questions for about 20 minutes and after checking with the State Department for any pending issues he said that we are approved(yay!). We both received letters of approval from him but no stamp on our Visa, he also crossed out our Visa and took away our I-94. The officer explained to us that the letter of approval is not a travel document so we cannot leave the United States until we receive the actual Green Card. We are supposed to receive the card within 90 days so *fingers crossed*. We left the office at 1:10PM so the whole thing took about half hour only.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case Number: DV2009AS00011XXX
04/19/08: Received 1st Notification Letter
04/26/08: Sent DSP-122 & DS-230 to KCC
06/10/08: Received 2nd Notification Letter
06/16/08: Sent DV fee to DOS
06/26/08: Received payment receipt from DOS
11/xx/08: Medicals done.
03/02/09: Sent AOS package to Chicago Lockbox
03/13/09: Received I-485 Receipt Notice
03/14/09: Received Biometrics Notice
04/01/09: Biometrics done
05/06/09: Received EAD card
05/15/09: Received Interview Notice scheduled for 06/08/09
06/08/09: Successful Interview
06/12/09: Received welcome Letter
06/17/09: Card Production ordered
06/29/09: Received Green Cards (The new version of Green Card is so pretty!) :D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
GC not received

Hi guys,

I had the interview on May 8th. And it was successful. The web page said card production ordered. Although they said I would receive the card in 30 days, I did not. I think they are renewing some of the card production services. Do you know whether there is only one facility? What to do, if I want to travel outside US?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I had the interview on May 8th. And it was successful. The web page said card production ordered. Although they said I would receive the card in 30 days, I did not. I think they are renewing some of the card production services. Do you know whether there is only one facility? What to do, if I want to travel outside US?

Thanks

Don't make any assumptions. I would call customer service or take an infopass
and have them lookup your case.

Hi guys,

Thanks
you can travel out by stamping your passport with I-551 stamp... click here for more info

What do they check in "clearance check"? I have a traffic ticket that I did not pay. Would that be a problem??

interview

Those of you who had interview for both husband and wife.. Did you have different interview schedule? Were you called together or separately?

Those of you who had interview for both husband and wife.. Did you have different interview schedule? Were you called together or separately?

following was the answer i got to this same Q sometime back. From past posts, (for DV AoS) all are called to the interview together usually. Haven't seen anyone post a different experience.

Every family member (I-485 applicant) receives a notice; the date is the same, the time may be different. In most cases all the papers come in the mail together.

Hi, I am totally new to the GC lottery, however we won, first attempt and we actually won. My case number is EU00009*** and I am already in US on H$ visa (My wife has H1B)...I wanted to get in touch with USCIS about AOS but always get different information, so I called KCC and they told me to send DSP-122 and they will process the papers and contact USCIS but I also have to get to the local USCIS field office...I am confused, please helo me out here, is that the right ptocedure for me to do:
1.) send DSP-122, DS-230 I&II to KCC
2.) take copies of these documents and approach USCIS field office for further instructions
????

I am lost...

Hi, I am totally new to the GC lottery, however we won, first attempt and we actually won. My case number is EU00009*** and I am already in US on H$ visa (My wife has H1B)...I wanted to get in touch with USCIS about AOS but always get different information, so I called KCC and they told me to send DSP-122 and they will process the papers and contact USCIS but I also have to get to the local USCIS field office...I am confused, please helo me out here, is that the right ptocedure for me to do:
2.) take copies of these documents and approach USCIS field office for further instructions
????

I am lost...

It might benefit you to go through this thread from the first post. Most of what you want to know has been covered at some point on this thread.

Good Luck

????

I am lost...

You must send the documents to KCC.
This step is to let them know that you're ready to file through AOS.
Then pay the DV fee to the department of state.

Then Go ahead to your local office if you need any additional information regarding the process but if you read this thready(2009 AOS) as well as the 2008 AOS, you should have a pretty good idea how to proceed. If your number is current(I guess it is), get your paperwork ready and send them to USCIS ASAP as the deadline is less than 4 months away.
You can always ask here if you have additional questions.
Best of luck.

Our(me and husband) interview was scheduled at 1:00PM today in the Los Angeles office, we arrived at 12:00PM and turned in our interview letters. We waited only a short while and the adjudication officer called us in at 12:35PM(surprise!), so it seems rather like a first-come-first-serve system. We prepared so many documents related to our marriage & finances but the officer did not seem to care about that. The majority of the questions are directly from the information in our I-485 packets. The officer was very nice and overall the mood is very relaxed, he asked questions for about 20 minutes and after checking with the State Department for any pending issues he said that we are approved(yay!). We both received letters of approval from him but no stamp on our Visa, he also crossed out our Visa and took away our I-94. The officer explained to us that the letter of approval is not a travel document so we cannot leave the United States until we receive the actual Green Card. We are supposed to receive the card within 90 days so *fingers crossed*. We left the office at 1:10PM so the whole thing took about half hour only.

Case Number: DV2009AS00011XXX
04/19/08: Received 1st Notification Letter
04/26/08: Sent DSP-122 & DS-230 to KCC
06/10/08: Received 2nd Notification Letter
06/16/08: Sent DV fee to DOS
06/26/08: Received payment receipt from DOS
11/xx/08: Medicals done.
03/02/09: Sent AOS package to Chicago Lockbox
03/13/09: Received I-485 Receipt Notice
03/14/09: Received Biometrics Notice
04/01/09: Biometrics done
05/06/09: Received EAD card
05/15/09: Received Interview Notice scheduled for 06/08/09
06/08/09: Successful Interview

first congr !!!! i just wonder how come you got your second letter on June 10..........i thought you got your second letter after your number current

Thanks

Quota?

Hi Jarev, Dematra and other friends.

Our interview has been scheduled on the last week of July. The local officers here are totally hopeless as they have not dealt with DV cases here (we met 4 officers starting from the time we filed the application, each one of them knew very little about DV process).

I am wondering if such delay would put our AOS application in limbo due to quota for our region and country. Or, is it that once the application number is assigned we are already in the quota? Waiting is not a problem for us, problem is the risk associated. If there really is quota related risk, then does it make sense to writing to local congressman? There are some suggestions, but I have not found any post from applicants taking this pathway.

thanks guys,
Soms

Q

Hi Jarev, Dematra and other friends.

Our interview has been scheduled on the last week of July. The local officers here are totally hopeless as they have not dealt with DV cases here (we met 4 officers starting from the time we filed the application, each one of them knew very little about DV process).

I am wondering if such delay would put our AOS application in limbo due to quota for our region and country. Or, is it that once the application number is assigned we are already in the quota? Waiting is not a problem for us, problem is the risk associated. If there really is quota related risk, then does it make sense to writing to local congressman? There are some suggestions, but I have not found any post from applicants taking this pathway.

thanks guys,
Soms

I have the same question. Once I talked to a person at that 1-800- uscis number and one person told me that people who are doing AOS for DV does not fall in the category " First come first serve". I don't know the the validity of his statement.

soms and jamal_55406,

There is a quota of about 50,000 visas for DV, but as far as I know (somebody said that here, in a post) last year they only gave away about 40,000 visas. So, as long as we pass through the process by Sept. 30, we should be fine. It's kind of odd that you received the interview letter for 2 months in advance. Normally, there's only about 2 weeks between receiving the interview letter and the actual interview. If you are at some small local office and they don't know about the DV process, they may need time to research it. The average wait time from filing to interview is 3 - 3.5 months. If it's taking longer, go ahead and contact your congressman. Good luck!

What do they check in "clearance check"? I have a traffic ticket that I did not pay. Would that be a problem??

i think it is serious stuff like convicted 'felonies' which matter. not something like a onetime traffic violation. But you may want to chk the seriousness of your specific violation. I 'think' stuff like no/expired permits, DUI s etc does matter !