• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Congratulations NataliaS! Enjoy carefree Springtime in New York.

Another question for all of you guys (I'm sorry, I've been posting a lot lately): I'm not sure what to put in the I-485 form, part 3, top right box "Current occupation". I'm on F-1, graduated last year and currently doing OPT. Do I put "student F-1" or do I put my professional occupation? I'm still on F-1, but I graduated already. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

I am in the same situation, I put

F-1 (on OPT)

and it was fine (I just got my interview letter.) :)
Congrats to all of you who got the GC, and good luck to the rest of us ;)

hi,congrats on your green card issuance, im due to go for an interview in london next week,could you please help me' what sort of questions do they ask or what sort of questions should i expect>
docnic, i'm not sure how the interview in Consular Processing goes. This forum is for Adjustment of Status in the U.S. There might be a similar forum for CP. I guess they ask questions on your answers in the forms that you submit. Try to find a CP forum and read about people's experiences there. Good luck

Hi everyone,

I notice that almost everyone paid $375.00 for the DV fee. What about the $45.00 for the security fee. At what stage is that paid.

thanks for your help.

Hi everyone,

I notice that almost everyone paid $375.00 for the DV fee. What about the $45.00 for the security fee. At what stage is that paid.

thanks for your help.

Not entirely sure what you mean by security fee. Could you be refering to the biometrics fee?

Anyway, cost summary is:

1) DV fee: $375 paid separatly to Department of State per person.
2) Adjustment of Status application fee: $930 plus a biometrics fee of $80; the fee total is $1,010 paid together per person. See exceptions

Thats it!

I am on f1 visa and at one time I did tutoring to a veteran student at school, later on I received a check and a 1099-MISC tax form, will this be a barrier when processing a diversity visa?

I have questons

Hello everybody! I need your help and advise.

When I check my status online: says "case pending", the case is in National Beneftis Center.

I got the EA card and AP already.

What does it means that the case is the NBC? Means that is not in my oficce immigration yet?

I'm confused.... in order to get the interview letter the case should be where? NBC or .....?

Can anybody that already got everything, clarify where the case was, when they got the interview?

Thank you.

Hey guys, couple more questions on the forms:

1. In form I-485, Part 3, it says "Nonimmigrant Visa Number". I'm looking at my visa and I'm not sure which is the right number. There is one that says "Control Number", it has a lot of digits, the first four seem to be the year when the visa was issued. There is another one, with only 8 digits and in red ink. Do you know which one they want?

2. In form G-325A, Biometric Information, in the top right box, it says "File Number A". Is that Alien Number / A Number they are asking for?

Thanks a lot.

... and couple more:

On the I-765 form, Employment Authorization:

1. The very first question says "I am applying for:" and then 3 choices: The first one is "Permission to accept employment" and the third one is "Renewal of my permission...." Since I have an employment authorization through OPT, should I check the third box "Renewal..."?

2. What should I put in for questions 16 and 17? Is it (c) (9)? And 17 is "N/A", right?

And again, thanks a lot.

Hey guys, couple more questions on the forms:

1. In form I-485, Part 3, it says "Nonimmigrant Visa Number". I'm looking at my visa and I'm not sure which is the right number. There is one that says "Control Number", it has a lot of digits, the first four seem to be the year when the visa was issued. There is another one, with only 8 digits and in red ink. Do you know which one they want?

2. In form G-325A, Biometric Information, in the top right box, it says "File Number A". Is that Alien Number / A Number they are asking for?

Thanks a lot.

the #'s in red is the visa number
yes, it is the alien #. dont think u have one already, if u dont, just write none.

Hello everybody! I need your help and advise.

When I check my status online: says "case pending", the case is in National Beneftis Center.

I got the EA card and AP already.

What does it means that the case is the NBC? Means that is not in my oficce immigration yet?

I'm confused.... in order to get the interview letter the case should be where? NBC or .....?

Can anybody that already got everything, clarify where the case was, when they got the interview?

Thank you.

samoi99,
I wouldn't worry about what the online status says if I were you. That system is notorious for not representing the true case status.

But just to clarify, the EAD and AP are issued from NBC while your interview is scheduled by your local office. The way it works for DV cases is that as soon as your case is received by NBC and they enter you into the system, the case is transfered to the local office. Most delays in receiving interview invitations happen at the local offices.

... and couple more:

On the I-765 form, Employment Authorization:

1. The very first question says "I am applying for:" and then 3 choices: The first one is "Permission to accept employment" and the third one is "Renewal of my permission...." Since I have an employment authorization through OPT, should I check the third box "Renewal..."?

2. What should I put in for questions 16 and 17? Is it (c) (9)? And 17 is "N/A", right?

And again, thanks a lot.

Itso,
Q1) I recommend you use: "Permission to accept employment" since you are seeking employment authorization based on a different class of eligibility.

Q2) You are correct on #16 and #17

THank you Dematra.

Another question:
when I check the processing timeframe for my local office for I-485, does that date matter for DV cases? And my local office will process this "special" I-485 faster than the emplyment based for being a DV one?

Thank you.

THank you Dematra.

Another question:
when I check the processing timeframe for my local office for I-485, does that date matter for DV cases? And my local office will process this "special" I-485 faster than the emplyment based for being a DV one?...
samoi99,
No, that processing timeframe does not apply to you (DV cases). So, YES your I-485 will be somewhat expedited.

Thank Dematra! You are helping me so much!

If I want to contact my congressman, do anybody know the website?
"house.gov"
I found this website but I don't know if it's correct. If I enter my zip, show me my representative.

I know Kakaco, contact his congressman, please, Kakaco or anyone could tell me if this is the correct way to find my congressman....

He (congressman) lists several offices where he can be contacted, should I go in person or by mail?

I really need to know what to do.

Dematra, is there any literature about that DV cases are treated different than those of emplymemnt based. It's obvious, but is there anything in writting.

Thank you for your help.

We received our interview notices today and our interview is less than 2 wks away!! On the list of documents to bring on both our notices (myself & my husband) it states
I-134 affidavit of support, does this mean that we need one I-134 each or can we just have one between us with my husband listed as my spouse?
If not can one person fill out 2 seperate I-134's for 2 people?

Dematra, is there any literature about that DV cases are treated different than those of emplymemnt based. It's obvious, but is there anything in writting.

samoi99,
There are several sources of information about how USCIS handles I-485s. One that I would recommend is this set of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). If I remember right, it's covered in the Data Entry or File Maintanace SOP. You can also google for more recent versions that say basically the same thing.

Interview

Still waiting for In terview letter.You Guys suggest anything to do something.I applied in December.Last Infopass they said wait.I don't have any idea.Probably my Visa status is different than others that's why takes longer.I have A2 visa.

Thank you very much Dematra!

Heloo Mikkaha,
I'm in the same boat. I didn't receive te interview letter.
One idea of what you could do, is to call KCC and try to find out if there is anything wrong....
If they says, is not in our hand, now is in uscis, do an infopass, and find out again.
DId you pay all the fees? Don't forget the US dept fee-dv program for $375!
After you applied, which docs did you get back? At least did you do your biomet?
And contact the congressman, I don't know if "house.gov" is the correct website.
I hope somebody that "unfortunately" had to contact their congressman, could clarify this matter.
Don't wait! Something is not right.
Let's hopr that our nightmare will be over soon.
Thank you.