• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

I am really pissed!!! Today I went to my local office again since it has been 60 days and i have not received anything yet. That was one of the worst days in my life.I got an infopass and talked with a rep. again and explained my situation, he checked my application online and told me that it is still pending and they havent decided yet. I told him that i was there 3 weeks ago and being told to wait 60 days after my interview and it has been more than 60 days and still no update, before he went inside he took my passport and checked my visa, since i havent been in my country for 4 years, i do not have my H1 stamped there, i just have my student visa so he asked me if i have ever been out of status and i told him that not even one day, so after that he went inside and came back 5 min later and he told me that he talked with the officer whom interviewed me and she has not decided yet and he told me to wait 90 more days starting from today, I could not believe what i have heard, i was like r u serious?? he said weird stuff which he learned after talking with her which did not make any sense. he said that i didnt file my application to national benefit center smth like that, i told him i filed my application to chicago and received Notice letter from them,then he changed his mind and told me that i didnot pay the fees, i told him that i paid all the fees and she made copies of all the documents and put it to my file at the interview when i said that he was like ohhh OK... That is seriously unbeliavable, then i told him that i have been told at my interview that she would check that document form 230 with her supervisor and also she told me to wait 60 days. his answer was unbeliavable, he told me the officer had been doing a research about if this form is necessary to fill out and could not figure out it in 60 days so she has to talk with the supervisors to figure it out in 90 more days, can you believe that???? i have benn told the same thing 60 days ago too and now they want me to wait 90 more days, I told him that this case is time sensitive and i have to receive my card by sept and he was like who told u that,so i stopped arguing with someone that doesnt know anything about anything and i asked him if i can get an appt. from her or from her supervisor and he simply said no... and he was like maybe you will here smth before 90 days, i also asked him that if i will be ok to get into the country with AP since i am leaving by this friday for 2 weeks vacation and i asked him if i need to go to the consulate to get my h1 visa stamped on my passopart and he said no, if I have never been out off status then i will be fine. that is it.I can not even explain how i felt and how i wanted to yell at them but usual i left with nothing even more angry confused and feeling hopeless, basically I am that unlucky to have an interview with someone that does not know anything and if she reads the documents that i have submitted she will easily see that i dont need to submit that form and it is written on the letters that i have received from kentucky but instead she is waiting 5 months to figure this out, I came to work with tears and found the phone number of my congressman and called them, his secretary told me to fax all my documents received numbers and a letter with detailed explanation about my concern,so i am writing a letter and attaching all the documents and i will fax it tmrw. i dont know if it is going to help me but this seems like the only thing that i can do now, the worst part i will be gone for 2 weeks and i can not be reached by phone so i have not been in my country for 4 years and i can not even enjoy going home. I have never heard any case like mine and i am totally stuck in there. I can not even explain how i feel:(

Hi Kakaco,
I am really sorry to hear about your situation.

After I read your previous posting about your interview experience,
I just have one suggestion for you which is completed DS-230 form and make another appointment at your local uscis and give it to the lady who interviewed you last time. I hope it helps

Wish you the best

I filed on December, no interview letter yet......getting anxious. The only good thing is that it appears we are all in the same boat, my guess is we all will start receiving the letters within a short period of time.

Stressed, confused, time struck....name it all..

First: I am indeed very greatful to have found this website, just wish I had found it earlier...

Here's my situation, Iam currently here on a F1 visa, have been in the states for 3 years, Visa expires in 2011.
Got the DV notification letter in mid april of 08, followed instructions and opted for AOS. sent DS-122 to KCC, mailed in the $375 DV fee, got a second letter from KCC to have my AOS done by the USCIS....got medicals,affadavit of support from family and all other docs necessary, at that time, I was unaware when to actually submit my AOS app, therefore I was gathering all my paperwork ASAP.In order to be sure on when I would actually submit my AOS, I called the USCIS 800 number , and I kid ya'll not, they confuuuusssseddd me to GLORY...So, I made an appointment at my local USCIS office to be sure about when to apply , and I was told to apply when my number became current....I was soo thankful that I had patience and didnt apply when my number wasnt current, it would have only gotten my case rejected...
Anyways, eversince I have been here in the US, I fell out of status last semester as I had dropped one of my classes which I couldnt cope with.It caused me to fall below 12 units, I was totally unaware that I wasnt allowed to drop a class that I wasnt doing good in, as I didnt want to jack up my GPA, nevertheless, I was able to apply for reinstatement, and got reinstated.

So this is my concern now: according to the visa bullentin website, I estimate my number to become current in may (2009OC000007XX), but the thing is my I-20 also expires in May and my current school wont renew it coz I fell out of status, This is what the ISO told me,apply to another school for the summer, and then apply back to my current college for fall semester of this year.Iam wondering if it will be necessary for me to go through these procedures....Iam just a college student working 20 hours a week on campus,barely making ends meet :(, dont have a car to travel to any other college( as I walk to the college i attend currently :eek:)
I was wondering if things look bright for me, do I stand a chance? what should I do ?

P.S I apologise for the long post, its my first time posting :p

thanks in advance, and congatulations to all those people who have successfully swam through the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you were reinstated then I don't understand why your current school cannot renew your I-20! When you are transferring the same school must transfer your SEVIS to the other school. Is your ISO conversant with the rules governing F1 visa? I tell you some of these people are very ignorant, this semester one of them misadvised me to take more online classes than the traditional classes only to discover later. Strongly believe the same school should be able to renew your i-20 as long you are in status and have money to pay tuition. Business. It will be very necessary for you to have a valid i-20 by the time you attend your interview.
Good luck

Successful Interview done

We had our interview this morning. Here is what happened:

My wife and I went to the USCIS Office early in the morning at exactly the interview time (because of the traffic, couldn't make it earlier). After dropping our interwiev letters in the window, we sat in the waiting area for less than 5 minutes. The IO came to the door and called our names. We went inside his office and took the oath. The IO was very professional and courteous. He asked for our passports, and detached I-94 from them. Then he asked me my name, address, birth place and date, parents' name, and verified the information from I485 form that I submitted. Then he asked same questions to my wife and verified from her application. He then asked several other questions and said that our case is approved.

When I asked him if he will stamp our passports, he told me that there is no need for that because he is going to give us the approval letter which he did later on. He also told us that the card should be in our hands within a week.

The whole process was very smooth, and took us about 15 minutes or less.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this forum by one way or the other. It was a big help throughout this process. I hope the ones who are waiting for the interview letters get it as soon as possible.

I am really pissed!!! Today I went to my local office again since it has been 60 days and i have not received anything yet. That was one of the worst days in my life.I got an infopass and talked with a

----
Sorry to hear that, but the best choice for now is to get lawyer.

Congress men, is sometimes helpfull but it will take from them sometime to get back to you.

I know how it feels when you talk to somebody who does not know any thing about the basics of his job.
I wonder how USCIS hire these people!!!!!

Finally, have fun, enjoy your time with your family, don't let something like that ruin your vacation, every thing will be fine.

If you were reinstated then I don't understand why your current school cannot renew your I-20! When you are transferring the same school must transfer your SEVIS to the other school. Is your ISO conversant with the rules governing F1 visa? I tell you some of these people are very ignorant, this semester one of them misadvised me to take more online classes than the traditional classes only to discover later. Strongly believe the same school should be able to renew your i-20 as long you are in status and have money to pay tuition. Business. It will be very necessary for you to have a valid i-20 by the time you attend your interview.
Good luck

I really dont understand why my school wont renew my 1-20, It doesnt make any sense and its pointless for them to have me transfer to another school and then apply back to my current college for a new 1-20. I had spoken to my ISO again today and she had told me that that's just how it works.!!!....makes me so mad

We had our interview this morning. Here is what happened:

My wife and I went to the USCIS Office early in the morning at exactly the interview time (because of the traffic, couldn't make it earlier). After dropping our interwiev letters in the window, we sat in the waiting area for less than 5 minutes. The IO came to the door and called our names. We went inside his office and took the oath. The IO was very professional and courteous. He asked for our passports, and detached I-94 from them. Then he asked me my name, address, birth place and date, parents' name, and verified the information from I485 form that I submitted. Then he asked same questions to my wife and verified from her application. He then asked several other questions and said that our case is approved.

When I asked him if he will stamp our passports, he told me that there is no need for that because he is going to give us the approval letter which he did later on. He also told us that the card should be in our hands within a week.

The whole process was very smooth, and took us about 15 minutes or less.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this forum by one way or the other. It was a big help throughout this process. I hope the ones who are waiting for the interview letters get it as soon as possible.

Congratulations Dolphin 1972 !!!! I hope I get an Interviewer like yours. Could you please tell us where your local office is?

So this is my concern now: according to the visa bullentin website, I estimate my number to become current in may (2009OC000007XX), but the thing is my I-20 also expires in May and my current school wont renew it coz I fell out of status, This is what the ISO told me,apply to another school for the summer, and then apply back to my current college for fall semester of this year.

Maybe it's just me, but after reading your post certain issues don't make sense. But anyway, have you considered temporarily changing you major area of study? (Translation: change you major!) Sometimes that is enough to triger an ammendment of your I-20.

Second; be sure of what you seek. Be clear about what you are requesting - you want an extention on your I-20, not a renewal. After reinstatement you qualify for all INA benefits, including extensions. It's all in the law, research it. Find the law, print it out and take it to your ISO.

ok guys.. I just got the interview letter today. It is set for mid March. Wish me luck.

ok guys.. I just got the interview letter today. It is set for mid March. Wish me luck.

Good luck! good luck! good luck!!!!
Kakaco - i'm sorry about your situation! hope congressman will be a help. You'll get it! enjoy your trip!

kakaco,

You'll be alright. Some other people have had inexplicable difficulties too and they've come through ok in the end. Enjoy your vacation and I hope to hear good news from you soon!

Me too, I got the interview letter today for March 16 !!!!!!! I noticed a Typo on the letter, on the "REASON FOR APPOINTMENT" section it says " Diversity Visa Program 2008", Yes, 2008. I know it is a typo but I hope it doesn't create any confusion with the interviewer, specially if it is not familiar with the DV program.