• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

Mikkaha,

What letter are you talking about?I thought the cut-off numbers for Dec were shown in the Visa Bulletin, which was published this month, on the 7th?

Mikkaha: Houston is also my field office, and I filed on December as well. Let's keep us posted about our progress. Has your check been cashed ?
Anybody else at the Houston field office ?

Mikkaha: Houston is also my field office, and I filed on December as well. Let's keep us posted about our progress. Has your check been cashed ?
Anybody else at the Houston field office ?

Actually I send an official Check so I can't confirm that they cashed it.

One check cashed and the other one hasn't???

Hi everyone,

My check has been cashed and my husband's hasn't.We sent two checks in one package but his is still not cashed.I'm the principal applicant,does that make a difference?Is this something to be worried about??

Anyone who has experienced the same?

Yeahhh, check cashed !!!!! Isn't that funny ? Somebody just took $1010 from my bank account and I'm happy ??
Santay, I will wait a bit more about your husband's check, remember that your husband's and yours are treated as 2 different applications, therefore checks, NOAs, fingerprints and even the interviews could be at different times.

Last Update. I received my card on December 8th, it was sent on Dec 4th. Thank you for all those who helped out in the process by posting useful information on this site with a special mention to Johnkent/Merry Christmas and Good luck to all.

Congratulations man. Am glad to see that u got that Greencard without hassle. You have a great christmas too.

Hey guys,

What is the risk when AOS is filed earlier? I guess, they send your application back, but do you loose the $1010? If sent back, can you apply again? Do you loose time in between?

My number will be current in April or May and I am in NYC, where, apparently, the field office takes a long time. I am considering the possibility of filing when the bulletin shows my number 1 1/2 months in advance. What do you think?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting to worry a bit about my background check. I did my fingerprinting this morning. But I have worked illigally at a restaurant and it was on my SSN, not cash. Hopefully that isnt a big deal. It was only for 4 months, I didn't know i couldnt do it. So when I found out i quit.

Aussmatt and lindina254, any luck with ur biometrics letter? Im curious coz i havent got my interview letter either but done with fingerprints.

Itsofototo, if no one replys to ur questions about getting ur 1010 back with a solid answer, call up a local immigration lawyer before doing anything. Coz i know they will send papers back, but u dont want to risk losing so much money for nothing.

Hey guys,

What is the risk when AOS is filed earlier? I guess, they send your application back, but do you loose the $1010? If sent back, can you apply again? Do you loose time in between?

My number will be current in April or May and I am in NYC, where, apparently, the field office takes a long time. I am considering the possibility of filing when the bulletin shows my number 1 1/2 months in advance. What do you think?

Thanks.

ItsoFototo,
There was a guy a while back that had his I-485 returned for filing early and he got his check back (see this thread by ivanmladek) But I also remember another guy from DV2008 (or maybe DV2007) on this forum that lost his money for filing ahead of time.

I'm just sayin....

Please Help

I am very much the same situation.

As for sending back DS 230 and 122 forms. I was of the understanding that you do not need to send those forms in. Since we are doing adjustment of status from within the US we will no longer deal with the KCC, just the USCIS directly. We will need to send in our I485 forms and all other info once our case number is current.

Year: 2009
Case Number 116XX

I have already sent the first two forms to KCC and they sent me another letter stating that my case has been transferred to DHS.

According to the visa bulletin the current number for February is 11000, so My number should be current by March.

My question is what do I do in the coming months..... do I expect another letter from DHS before I do anything OR do I wait, I have not yet mailed any form of payment to any bureau... please help.

Regards,

ItsoFototo,
There was a guy a while back that had his I-485 returned for filing early and he got his check back (see this thread by ivanmladek) But I also remember another guy from DV2008 (or maybe DV2007) on this forum that lost his money for filing ahead of time.

I'm just sayin....

My number was current last October, I filed earlier because of an advise of a stupid immigration lawyer and the represantative at the local office. (I learned my lesson about not trusting any of them). They rejected my application because of the early application and mailed all the documents and the money orders that I sent.So I remailed it when the time came by october 2. this is what happened to me, it is a risk so it is really up to you...

I'm starting to worry a bit about my background check. I did my fingerprinting this morning. But I have worked illigally at a restaurant and it was on my SSN, not cash. Hopefully that isnt a big deal. It was only for 4 months, I didn't know i couldnt do it. So when I found out i quit.

Aussmatt and lindina254, any luck with ur biometrics letter? Im curious coz i havent got my interview letter either but done with fingerprints.

Stillnothing on my biometric appointment. Im thinking about just going to the ASC and demanding they do it lol. My interview is Monday..

I have a question to the guys that had already received the interview appointment letters. I had my biometrics done for the EAD by nov 17 and received the interview letter for dec 23. When I check the time line of the previous winners, I saw that they received their EAD cards and AP approvals approx. a week after the fingerprint appointments. Mine was almost a month ago and I havent received any of them so I am guessing that since I do have the interview by dec 23, I wont be receiving them. Right??? That is a good sign or maybe I do wanna take it as a good sign. Any ideas???

Last edited by a moderator:
Stillnothing on my biometric appointment. Im thinking about just going to the ASC and demanding they do it lol. My interview is Monday..

You could try do that, the worst they could say is no.
I should mention this though, when you go for the biometrics they scan a 3D barcode on your letter first and at the end they stamp your appointment letters and sign them (or at least thats what happened to me). I'm not sure how that would be handled without the letter.

I wish! Nothing yet! no interview and no biometrics either!! :( and to think I was one of the first to file!! now I almost don't even bother looking in the mailbox for it, I have become almost accustomed to it not being there!

I have scheduled an infopass to get some answers.

I got an answer today about my service request for a biometric appoinment. The letter stated that I had been entered into the appointment system and they cannot determine how long it will be until I get one. They also said that some service centers are busy and it can take 3-6 months!! I guess for whatever reason Pittsburgh is busy.

I got an answer today about my service request for a biometric appoinment. The letter stated that I had been entered into the appointment system and they cannot determine how long it will be until I get one. They also said that some service centers are busy and it can take 3-6 months!! I guess for whatever reason Pittsburgh is busy.

3 to 6 months! that is unbelievable! if Pittsburgh takes that long, I will never get my biometrics done as I am sure that New York is just as long if not longer! What are we supposed to do?

Does this mean Ausmatt7 that you will not get to go home for the holidays? Or will they be able to do something for you after the interview?