• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

I had a successful interview.It is along story.my case had to be put on adminstrative processing on the acct of my marriage as i married after playing but b4 winning the Dv.the consular was bent on disqualifying all the young couples but the Lord saw us through.In fact virtually all the newly married couples were disqualified by this very consular except for one.I will be posting the details very soon.

F.y.i.

http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/
U.S. Department of State
Bureau of Consular Affairs
Electronic Diversity Visa Lottery

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DV-2010 Lottery Starts Soon!

The DV-2010 Lottery begins at Noon EDT on October 2, 2008, and ends at Noon EST on December 1, 2008.

Information and instructions for the DV-2010 lottery will appear on the Travel.State.Gov website as soon as available. Please check this webpage at a later time.

Return to Consular Affairs Main Page

Copyright Infor

Enquiries

Am going to stay in maryland and do not intend to relocate, at least for now.

It is not easy to study in the states but you can take a loan if as a green card holder you have spent one year, it is a credit driven economy so you can achieve some things with good intentions

Hi Modest,

Pls can I have your direct e-mail address.

GOD IS GREAT-Was Denied Visa,Bt Later Called BAck

I was initially denied visa on the 22nd-july 2008, because of my place of birth,which read differently frm the originally electronic submissin form and form DSP-122. But Almighty God interverned after 1month. I was called back and given a Visa pick up form. My pick-up date is thursday.11-09-2008. Has any body in the house heard of such a miracle in the history of DV lottery before? The lord is Good.

God has done it: Just 3 mins.

God has done it for me this morning, the interview was brief, just three minutes.
My visa pick up is next week.
Details will be given by tomorrow. Thank you all that contributed in one way or the other in this forum.

hi everybody in the house,sory4 not been in the house 4 some time,i am busy putting things in order 4 my trip.i will be living 4 state in next month.i prayed 4 those behind 4 God intervention on their cases.i say more blessing.bye

hi Vandel,i thank God 4 u,it's really God's work, when re u living 4 state now?this year or next?anyway congrat.

medical test

hi all,

please how long does it usually take to complete the medical test at Kamora in Lagos. I plan to travel down to nigeria 2 weeks before our interview
I hope that this is a good time frame. meanwhile my wife and son may start their medical as soon as she get the second letter. please advise

Thank God

I was initially denied visa on the 22nd-july 2008, because of my place of birth,which read differently frm the originally electronic submissin form and form DSP-122. But Almighty God interverned after 1month. I was called back and given a Visa pick up form. My pick-up date is thursday.11-09-2008. Has any body in the house heard of such a miracle in the history of DV lottery before? The lord is Good.
Thank God for a second chance!!!
Did you have to appeal or use a lawyer or they just called you by themselves?

Pls i'll need clarification for some of us that has long names, but have slight discrepances in our WAEC, degree certificates & other certificates. eg.

I applied & won DV2009 with the name Ola David Adeoye but my WAEC certificate & degree result carries Olaoluwa David Adeoye which was my real name at birth, .[/B] My International Passport also carries Ola David Adeoye and i have used it to enter Uk, SWEden,..est but not US

SO the issue now is with my WAEC & degree which still carries Olaoluwa David Adeoye

Please advise me on what to do concerning the name on my WAEC cert as thats d basic cert they require..

Ola David Adeoye (Name used for DV2009 application, same name on International Passport )
Olaoluwa David Adeoye (Name on WAEC & degree certificates)
any difference between the two?

Can Affidavit solve this issue? What type will that be?

please will the embassy complaim about this differences, I need some clarifications
Expecting soonest reply.
thanks
Ola David Adeoye

Hello All,

PLease i am thinking of registering my NPC birth certificate name as Ola Olaoluwa David Adeoye (that is 4 names) so that it will contain all the 4 names that i've used in my documents or should i simply live the NPC cert as Ola David Adeoye which is the 3 names i used for DV.

Reply soonest.

thanks

Could we

God has done it for me this morning, the interview was brief, just three minutes.
My visa pick up is next week.
Details will be given by tomorrow. Thank you all that contributed in one way or the other in this forum.

Hi,

Could we have your experience please so that we can learn from it.

Thanks

I had a successful interview.It is along story.my case had to be put on adminstrative processing on the acct of my marriage as i married after playing but b4 winning the Dv.the consular was bent on disqualifying all the young couples but the Lord saw us through.In fact virtually all the newly married couples were disqualified by this very consular except for one.I will be posting the details very soon.

Joyful,

Could you please elaborate on your interview experience with some particular focus on questions about your marriage and how the CO handled your case so other young couples can benefit?

Thanks.

God did it in less than 3 mins

BELOW WAS MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE YESTERDAY

I arrived at the embassy at about 5.20 am. I could not believe my eyes that as at that time the place was full.

It was 6.30 am that DV people were call to the line
At the gate we were told to open ALL envelopes.

I was given DV 6.

After all formalities like paying the fees etc, I was called to window 13 at about 9.20 am.

AND THE CHAT WENT THUS:

US Officer(USO): Good morning
Me: good morning ma
USO: U are here cos you won the DV lottery?
Me: yea
USO: lift up your right hand and say after me.
Me: I did
USO: what are your names?
Me: bla bla
USO: when were you born?
Me: Bla bla
USO where were you born?
USO:How many times did you do waec?
Me: once
USO: what was your highest grade?
Me: Physics
USO: why?
USO: and what was your lowest grade?
Me: Geography
USO: What university are you?
USO: what level and course are you?
USO: do you know where you're going to stay in US?
Me: yea, and I quoted the address for her
USO: what is the man(sponsor) to you?
Me: my cousin
USO: give me a minute pls
Me: ok ma
AND SHE CAME BACK WITH A BLUE SLIP.

USO: AND SAID, " CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ARE WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA"
Me: thank you ma.

USO: do not make any travel arrangements till you collect your visa next week.
Me: yes ma.

My dear people, this is my story; please join me to thank the Living God who has done this for me.

May I use this medium to thank everyone in this forum for all their contributions like answering of questions, suggestions, advising and the likes, may Almighty God reward you all. Amen.
Those awiting interview God will do it for you all. Amen

Yes o

BELOW WAS MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE YESTERDAY

I arrived at the embassy at about 5.20 am. I could not believe my eyes that as at that time the place was full.

It was 6.30 am that DV people were call to the line
At the gate we were told to open ALL envelopes.

I was given DV 6.

After all formalities like paying the fees etc, I was called to window 13 at about 9.20 am.

AND THE CHAT WENT THUS:

US Officer(USO): Good morning
Me: good morning ma
USO: U are here cos you won the DV lottery?
Me: yea
USO: lift up your right hand and say after me.
Me: I did
USO: what are your names?
USO: when were you born?
Me: Bla bla
USO where were you born?
USO:How many times did you do waec?
Me: once
USO: what was your highest grade?
Me: Physics
USO: and what was your lowest grade?
Me: Geography
USO: What university are you?
USO: what level and course are you?
USO: do you know where you're going to stay in US?
Me: yea, and I quoted the address for her
USO: what is the man(sponsor) to you?
Me: my cousin
USO: give me a minute pls
Me: ok ma
AND SHE CAME BACK WITH A BLUE SLIP.

USO: AND SAID, " CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ARE WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA"
Me: thank you ma.

USO: do not make any travel arrangements till you collect your visa next week.
Me: yes ma.

My dear people, this is my story; please join me to thank the Living God who has done this for me.

May I use this medium to thank everyone in this forum for all their contributions like answering of questions, suggestions, advising and the likes, may Almighty God reward you all. Amen.
Those awiting interview God will do it for you all. Amen

Just like that? That is God in action, lets all pray for unmerited favour and exceeding grace for the rest yet to be interviewed.

Congrats