• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

It is good to commence medical on time, but i will advise you to wait till your case becomes current. or is it current already?

You will get the medical forms from kamoras Clinic 238 Muri Okunola Str, Victoria Island, Lagos.

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Yes, I'm current and my interview date has been confirmed. Pls can i book an appointment for the medicals or just go there any day i like?

Copied from this thread for you

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Yes, I'm current and my interview date has been confirmed. Pls can i book an appointment for the medicals or just go there any day i like?
Just felt I should chip this in for those yet to do their medicals:

These are the requirements from Kamorass clinic (with effect from July 17, 2006) contained in a slip of paper they give you at the reception:

1. International passport

(For married women, if you are still using the passport you got as a single and you have an 'observation' from Immigrations indicating a change of status/name, that passport will be rejected at the clinic. You therefore will need to get a new passport. Happened to a woman while I was there. The husband was allowed to start his medicals but wife wasn't unless she got a new passport indicating her marital name)

2. two passport photographs

3. medical forms (included in your 2nd letter ) Pls don't fill them as they will be collected from you at the clinic and u'll pay (N60 per person) for new ones which will be filled by the doctor.

4. Adults: N15,800 each (15yrs & above). Initial deposit of N10,000 each.

5. Children: N9,300 each (14yrs & below)

6. Children below 5yrs should come with vaccination records

Days: Monday - Friday (before 9a.m) We actually started ours on a Saturday but whichever day you go, be prepared to have a lot of patience because the clinic despite having done these things for several years is still not as organized as it should be. So a lot of time is wasted.

Ist day of Medicals
On the first day, you'll sign a form approving that an AIDS test should be carried out for you and your blood sample will be taken for AIDS & syphilis tests. You'll also do an X-ray same day. If you have children, the doctor will check their vaccination records (if you have any) and ask you to pay for some vaccinations for them to take same day. You may be asked to bring them back for 2nd doses at a later date which you will also pay for when they go for the 2nd dose(S).

After the X-ray & blood sample are taken, you'll be given an appointment for a 2nd examination. In our own case, that was three weeks after the first examination! So as soon as you get your 2nd letter, start on time.

2nd examination
3 weeks after, we were there. You also have to go with your receipts from the first day and international passport (including the children's) if you want to be able to collect your results that day.

You are weighed, sight tested (you're asked to read some alphabets on a wall). For those using glasses, you read with your glasses on.

The doctor asks you to remove your top and lie down on the couch to take your blood pressure, check your heart beat & your tummy. Ladies, take note here as you also have to take off your blouse! Was embarrassing but what could we do? At the x-ray room, you also take off your top but at least you do that in a changing cubicle and you put on an overall to take the x-ray.

Well, that's all. The doctor makes his notes and I believe usually tells you your results are fine if you have no issues. He also indicates on a slip of paper the necessary vaccinations to be taken which you are then asked to pay for. After payment, you're given the vaccinations and told to come back for a second dose if necessary and if you're still in Nigeria otherwise you’re told to take 2nd dose in America. You later collect your results (sealed) and warned not to open until you're asked to at the embassy. Pls remember to collect your children's results. We forgot to take along our children's passports so we had to go back following day.

That's all. I hope this helps someone.

What more can I say?
When the LORD turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.

Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them.

The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.

To the glory of God, we (my wife and I) had a successful interview this morning.

I will come back to share our interview experience.

Thanks to the great members of this forum. You are all dear.

Yeaah, i could not wait to finish your post before i started shouting priase the lord. cos i sensed he has done it for you..
Am so happy for you Bosom.
we are waiting for the details...
Congratulationssss

What more can I say?
When the LORD turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.

Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them.

The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.

To the glory of God, we (my wife and I) had a successful interview this morning.

I will come back to share our interview experience.

Thanks to the great members of this forum. You are all dear.

BOSOM,
Congratulations, Pls lets get the details, as we are awaiting our 2nd package
God will perfect what He has started. Amen.

This is my story

I will like to be a bit detailed in my report because of those whose case might be similar to ours.

Preamble
I entered and won the DV as a Single, though I was already in a relationship with my fiancée and we had already started the wedding plans.

Following the advice from this forum, I filled my forms with my Single particulars and sent back to KCC. However, I enclosed a handwritten letter where I explained that I was going to get married soon, and that the plan has started before I got the NL. I also mentioned that I will inform them as soon as the marriage is consummated.

After our marriage in October 2007, I mailed KCC about the development and sent a scanned copy of Form DS-230 for my wife and our marriage certificate. After 2/3 weeks, I sent KCC another mail to confirm if they received the scanned documents and if they have carried out the necessary update on my case, to which they replied affirmatively.

On the interview Day
We got to the embassy around 6:30am and joined the queue. We were asked to open all sealed envelopes (medicals).

The guy who was checking applicants in asked me how much I am paying, I told him $1550 (for two). He looked through his list and said my wife’s name was not on the list, asked when I got married and if I notified KCC for the change in status. I told him I did and that I came with the reply mail from KCC. He gave us DV 10 tag and asked us to go in and pay $1550.

After paying at about 7:15am, we were called to window 7 to turn in our documents. The lady there asked if we came with my wife’s Form DS-230, I told her yes and gave it to her. She collected our other documents and told us to have our seats.

At about 8:20am we were called to window 12, we met a lady and the following conversation ensued.

Con: Good morning
We: Good morning ma (We took oath and fingerprints)
Con: She turned to me and asked, what was your highest qualification? Which Institution? What year did you finish and matric no (one after the other).
Me: Answered all correctly
Con: How long was your courtship?
We: 4 years
Con: what made you change your mind after 4 years?
Me: pardon (because I didn’t understand what she meant by “change your mind”)
Con: what made you get married after 4 years, why don’t you continue wit the courtship? (Jokingly)
We: That’s been our plan to marry after 4 years of courtship
(Everybody laughed)
Con: can I see your wedding pictures? We gave her the pictures wedding, traditional and introduction.

I think that was basically all. She gave us a letter congratulating us and asked us to pick our visas next week.

The whole discussions (because I won’t call it an interview) took about 5 mins.

It is nothing but God's doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will like to be a bit detailed in my report because of those whose case might be similar to ours.

Preamble
I entered and won the DV as a Single, though I was already in a relationship with my fiancée and we had already started the wedding plans.

Following the advice from this forum, I filled my forms with my Single particulars and sent back to KCC. However, I enclosed a handwritten letter where I explained that I was going to get married soon, and that the plan has started before I got the NL. I also mentioned that I will inform them as soon as the marriage is consummated.

After our marriage in October 2007, I mailed KCC about the development and sent a scanned copy of Form DS-230 for my wife and our marriage certificate. After 2/3 weeks, I sent KCC another mail to confirm if they received the scanned documents and if they have carried out the necessary update on my case, to which they replied affirmatively.

On the interview Day
We got to the embassy around 6:30am and joined the queue. We were asked to open all sealed envelopes (medicals).

The guy who was checking applicants in asked me how much I am paying, I told him $1550 (for two). He looked through his list and said my wife’s name was not on the list, asked when I got married and if I notified KCC for the change in status. I told him I did and that I came with the reply mail from KCC. He gave us DV 10 tag and asked us to go in and pay $1550.

After paying at about 7:15am, we were called to window 7 to turn in our documents. The lady there asked if we came with my wife’s Form DS-230, I told her yes and gave it to her. She collected our other documents and told us to have our seats.

At about 8:20am we were called to window 12, we met a lady and the following conversation ensued.

Con: Good morning
We: Good morning ma (We took oath and fingerprints)
Con: She turned to me and asked, what was your highest qualification? Which Institution? What year did you finish and matric no (one after the other).
Me: Answered all correctly
Con: How long was your courtship?
We: 4 years
Con: what made you change your mind after 4 years?
Me: pardon (because I didn’t understand what she meant by “change your mind”)
Con: what made you get married after 4 years, why don’t you continue wit the courtship? (Jokingly)
We: That’s been our plan to marry after 4 years of courtship
(Everybody laughed)
Con: can I see your wedding pictures? We gave her the pictures wedding, traditional and introduction.

I think that was basically all. She gave us a letter congratulating us and asked us to pick our visas next week.

The whole discussions (because I won’t call it an interview) took about 5 mins.

It is nothing but God's doing.

wow! that was a simple and straight forward discussion. We shall smile at the end of the day. We thank God.

Which document should I take to the interview

Hello everybody, I'm new to this house.
My interview is in the month of June 2008, I have done my medicals but I was asked to come back for the physical examination and the result.

I have a question, is it possible for me to go with only my G.C.E result and every other required documents bcos in me form I filled in GCE, SSCE and my present university(Unilag) but I am still an undergraduate.

My GCE Certificate is out with 5 good grades including Maths and English but my SSCE is not out though I had 6 good grades there too, I have been to Jamb office to see if I can collect my Admission letter to show proof that I am an undergraduate but the officers keep posting me to come tomorrow and next week.

Should I go with Only the G.C.E or Pleeeeese can sombody in the house tell me what to do?:(

buchityno 2008AF00011XXX
NL RECEIVED 21/04/07
SENT NL TO KCC: 05/05/07
2ND PACKAGE RECIEVED: 14/04/08
MEDICALS: 21/05/08
COLLECTION OF MEDICAL RESULT: June 08
INTERVIEW DATE: June 08

Last edited by a moderator:
how do one determine when case is current?

pls,i would like to know how one determines when ones case becomes current.

ma bro/sis ur interview wll b in oct.which country r u from?
make sure all ur documents r ready.by sept u wil receive ur 2nd letter.
all the best.

buchityno,
you can take the certificate for any of the results you filled but bring along a WAEC scratch card / WAEC verification and school statement of result for the certificate you do not have

Pls what is the process of getting ones academic qualifications evaluated? Is it advisable to start the process before leaving Nigeria ?

Great forumites pls respond.

Good day to all in this great,My Family had our interview on Tuesday. I want to thank God almighty for our successful interview. I thank everybody in the house for their time and great contributions to every question been asked and once again every one should commit his/her interview to the hands of God. As we were waiting for our number to be called to the window we saw families been denied for one reason or another and also some people that came without O`level results claiming they had one skill training,and at this time room was getting quite and tension was everywhere[also please everyone note that if u going for ur interview with kids please do wear good clothing for them because if u are not called to the window on time the waiting room freezing temperature i tell u:D even when i almost complained my wife joked with me that this is American weather in Niaja},but we thank God ours went successful and it went like this:

Interviewer: Good morning
Me: Good morning Ma
Interviewer: whose is standing by u over there
Me: my wife
Interviewer: raise ur right hands both of u and take this oath
Me : bla bla
Interviewer: how old?
Me : xxxx
Interviewer : where were u born?
Me : xxxxxx
Interviewer : what qualification do u have?
Me : B.Sc
Interviewer : what school and what course of study?
Me: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Interviewer : madam{my wife}when did u meet this man?
my wife: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Interviewer : where did he take u on ur first date?
my wife: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Interviewer : when did he propose to u?
my wife: xxxxxxxxxxx
Interviewer : how much did he pay as bride price?
my wife: 24 naira
Interviewer :24 naira for a beautiful lady like u thats nice:)

Then she started typing on her computer and i started praising God almighty, shortly she stood up and went around her corner and brought back a blue paper stating when we should come for our visas,and she said these words: congrats WELCOME TO AMERICA.

Good day to all in this great,My Family had our interview on Tuesday. I want to thank God almighty for our successful interview. I thank everybody in the house for their time and great contributions to every question been asked and once again every one should commit his/her interview to the hands of God. As we were waiting for our number to be called to the window we saw families been denied for one reason or another and also some people that came without O`level results claiming they had one skill training,and at this time room was getting quite and tension was everywhere[also please everyone note that if u going for ur interview with kids please do wear good clothing for them because if u are not called to the window on time the waiting room freezing temperature i tell u:D even when i almost complained my wife joked with me that this is American weather in Niaja},but we thank God ours went successful and it went like this:

Then she started typing on her computer and i started praising God almighty, shortly she stood up and went around her corner and brought back a blue paper stating when we should come for our visas,and she said these words: congrats WELCOME TO AMERICA.

kudos !!! do you have any kids ?? did you have to go to the interview with them ? Congratulations again.

congratulations to you
I just come to say baba oooooooooooooooo,esheee ibitetibere,i will never stop glorifinig your name.toooooooooooooooooooooooooo much baba God,thank You God
oluwawithusall

Congats... Our God is good:)

Indeed, welcome to America; Congratulations and thanks for sharing ur experiences.