• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

hey!!!

I would prefer Ohio to Texas. it really depends on what part of those states that you live in.
Midwest is a nice place to start off.

Thks for the reply. From the way you talked it seems you have once stayed in OH. Well, why would you prefer OH to TX? Do you know if Genessee Avenue in Midwest? I heard a lot of bad stuffs about Far East OH, can you throw more light on this?

Thnks man for your reply!

Regards,

Thks for the reply. From the way you talked it seems you have once stayed in OH. Well, why would you prefer OH to TX? Do you know if Genessee Avenue in Midwest? I heard a lot of bad stuffs about Far East OH, can you throw more light on this?

Thnks man for your reply!

Regards,

I have family in Akron, Ohio and its not a bad place to live if you live on the more affluent part of town.Every city in the US has its ghetto, so it really depends on what part of town you live and can afford.
Genessee Avenue?? U need to give me a state. There's no way anyone can tell you where a street is.

Johnkent

I have family in Akron, Ohio and its not a bad place to live if you live on the more affluent part of town.Every city in the US has its ghetto, so it really depends on what part of town you live and can afford.
Genessee Avenue?? U need to give me a state. There's no way anyone can tell you where a street is.

I meant Genessee Avenue in Columbus, OH.

How body? Abeg i need your help as you be my fore-runner for here oh! How cheap is the flight ticket you bought per head, i.e i mean an estimate? What kinds of jackets did u buy, is it leather or jeans? I'm planning on crossing over in late Feb. or early March, do you think it'll still be could there? Do i have need for head gears, moflas, and gloves?
Plz Ohhhhhhh throw more light

The flight fee per head depends on the Airline. For NAA, it is about NGN 150,000.00. I don't know for others. Check the rate ahead at http://flynaa.com You can book online and make payment to enjoy the bonanza currently going on. It is the cheapest and allow you lots of luggage.
Jackets were of leather. No head gear, moflas and gloves. Feb may still be cold, but you can cope. We are coping even my little daughter.

The flight fee per head depends on the Airline. For NAA, it is about NGN 150,000.00. I don't know for others. Check the rate ahead at http://flynaa.com You can book online and make payment to enjoy the bonanza currently going on. It is the cheapest and allow you lots of luggage.
Jackets were of leather. No head gear, moflas and gloves. Feb may still be cold, but you can cope. We are coping even my little daughter.

Feb is the Middle of winter. I don't know where u all are at, but its dead cold here in the midwest in Febuary

can we just deside were to live or flight to in US after stating the state u want ur green card to be issued?4 me i choosed NY city as my place where i want my green card to be issued.if i want to live can i fly to anywhere in US? pls trow more light on this pls

yes i am going through admin processing on dec 2006 and recieve visa after 10 months . most people under admin processing take visa between 1 month - 3 month but if u have name like mohamed it may take long time. just be patient and pray fro god .
send e mail to the embassy after 2 months if u not recieve the visa contact the embassy every 21 days .

inshallah everything will be ok

do u mean i should go to the embassy in person or what?are u a nigerian?if yes can u kindly paste the phone number of embassy for me?and when they call u back is it trough email,call or leter posting?for i use to email them every time to time.i will be glad if u can reply me as soon as posible.thanks

Hi house, happy New year to everyone. My husband and I picked up our Visas on 31st December. It was indeed a New year Gift for both of us. We however will not be leaving until Middle February.

Very Important

Happy New year to Every one in the house and our dreams will come thru this year.

I have some important issues bothering me, some i av shared before, but i still need some enlightenment. Thanks to modest for his reply AND I NEED MORE HELP FROM HIM AND THE HOUSE.

(1) Early January 2007, i went to the American Embassy in Abuja for a student visa, but i was refused the visa and suprisingly the chief consular did not stamped my passport so it remains virgin, But the documents i presented were not genuine. Pls hope it won't affect me when i go for my interview, becos i learnt am going to have another finger print.

(2) I am in my final year at the University of Lagos and the birth certificate i used in entering school was 1984, now i have changed my year to 1985 during my traveling runs and i won my visa lottery with the new birth year. The question is, as an undergraduate who is still in school though in my yr 4 i need present my academic transcript, but if i send my transcript to the embassy it will read 1984 not 1985, should i stop the sending of my transcript to the embassy bcos of the contradictions or just request my school to write a letter of identification to the embassy instead,to be on the safer side? Hope the consular will not ask of my transcripts? And is a certify true copy of a new birth certificate ok or should i get that of NPC.

(3) In my DS 230 i mistakenly signed the portion of oath, where they wrote that the consular officer will ask me to sign during my interview. Am scared i dont know the solution or will i be given another DS 230 form to sign on my interview date?

PLEASE KINDLY ASSIST ME WITH YOUR OPINIONS, & I WILL BE VERY GRATEFUL!:confused:

Happy New year to Every one in the house and our dreams will come thru this year.

I have some important issues bothering me, some i av shared before, but i still need some enlightenment. Thanks to modest for his reply AND I NEED MORE HELP FROM HIM AND THE HOUSE.

(1) Early January 2007, i went to the American Embassy in Abuja for a student visa, but i was refused the visa and suprisingly the chief consular did not stamped my passport so it remains virgin, But the documents i presented were not genuine. Pls hope it won't affect me when i go for my interview, becos i learnt am going to have another finger print.

(2) I am in my final year at the University of Lagos and the birth certificate i used in entering school was 1984, now i have changed my year to 1985 during my traveling runs and i won my visa lottery with the new birth year. The question is, as an undergraduate who is still in school though in my yr 4 i need present my academic transcript, but if i send my transcript to the embassy it will read 1984 not 1985, should i stop the sending of my transcript to the embassy bcos of the contradictions or just request my school to write a letter of identification to the embassy instead,to be on the safer side? Hope the consular will not ask of my transcripts? And is a certify true copy of a new birth certificate ok or should i get that of NPC.

(3) In my DS 230 i mistakenly signed the portion of oath, where they wrote that the consular officer will ask me to sign during my interview. Am scared i dont know the solution or will i be given another DS 230 form to sign on my interview date?

PLEASE KINDLY ASSIST ME WITH YOUR OPINIONS, & I WILL BE VERY GRATEFUL!:confused:

if the date of birth that you had on your application form when u applied for a student visa is different from the date of birth on ur visa lottery application, u will be denied a visa as your actual date of birth cannot be verified.
Folks never think about stuff like this when they use fake documents and false age/name when they are dealing with foreign embassies. These are not Nigerians and they don't give a damn. You and some other folks out there are the suckers they are looking for. they Will take ur $775 (watever it is u have to pay before the interview) and deny you the visa because u screwed up. Am sorry man, but only thru a miracle will you come out thru that embassy with a visa unless u make sure that all the documents that u bring to the interview with ur date of birth on it is same with what u filled out on the visa lottery.

I don't think you need to send ur transcripts to the embassy. U just need ur WAEC Certificate.
Wish ya luck man.

Try & read last 3 pages

when u submit ur documents on ur day of interview,the first thing is to check if u av applied before,if yes,they check the data if they are corresponding to ur papers if they found anything contrary & they ask you & u lie,u may be banned from entering U.S forever,u can read of a couple that was interviewed & the husband was asked how many times was he married,it was easy to ask such a Q because they have all his data,so bro u better think twice b4 u give them $775 & N18,000 for medicals.
it's better if u 4get this chance and still be hopeful than to be banned forever from entering U.S

happy new year!

wishing all DV winners a happy new year,may this year be full of testimonies in Jesus' name-Amen

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy new year

Happy new year folks. I pray God meet the desire of our individual hearts and grant us according to his will-Amen. Its all by grace

No Problem,but

My Friend,fear Not.they Want Verify Ur Previous Finger 2 Know Of Ur Wrong Date Of Birth.if All Ur Documents Are Ok And Consistent With What U Use 2 Apply 4d Lottery,u Will Be Given D Visa.buuuuuuuuuuuuuut,i,m Only Affraid That U Signed The Oath Form,whose Penalty,i Cant Say 4 Now
My Advice,is Just Go Abt Gathering Ur Docs 4 Ur Interview And Live D Rest 4 God.hope My Little Advice Will Aid U

The End

My dear Brothers and Sisters,
Before I get back to mainstream wahala here in Europe I want to use this opportunity to thank you all for your help.
Six weeks after the consular interview in Germany, my wife and myslef have both received the United States Green Card.

Unfortunately I couldn't contribute much in this thread because of my very peculiar situation. Thats just another reason why I want to thank particularly all those who spent so much time here educating and helping others on DV issues. God will bless you abundantly.

For those who may not be fortunate to make it till the end, please don't give up in your quest for finding ways to bring about change in your lives.
May the Good Lord Bless You.

My Friend,fear Not.they Want Verify Ur Previous Finger 2 Know Of Ur Wrong Date Of Birth.if All Ur Documents Are Ok And Consistent With What U Use 2 Apply 4d Lottery,u Will Be Given D Visa.buuuuuuuuuuuuuut,i,m Only Affraid That U Signed The Oath Form,whose Penalty,i Cant Say 4 Now
My Advice,is Just Go Abt Gathering Ur Docs 4 Ur Interview And Live D Rest 4 God.hope My Little Advice Will Aid U

I don't know who u are but u are giving this guy some false information.Do u know why the US embassy do finger Prints??? So that they can keep track of folks information. Even before he walks up to the counter for d interview, his info will already be checked out by the consular and probably he/she would have already made up his/her mind if there's any change in his DOB from the last time he was at the embassy. And again, if the embassy should know that he used fake documents when he applied for a student visa, THEY WILL NOT ISSUE A DV VISA.
Americans are not to be messed with.

Thanks, your reply gives me some hope. I will leave everything to GOD as u said, cos i belief God can do the impossible.

Please, Modest Am Still Xpecting Your Reply.

I Heard From Somebody That The Embassy Does Fresh Finger Print, Is It True?