• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

thanks Modest,like how much do i need in my account b4 i can be cleared for having enough money for DV winner considering the increase in the DV applicatn fees from $ 375 to $755 *2=$1510 and also the medicals @ Kamoras,it's no joke bro.....
i'm kinda worried cos i'll have to change my sponsor in U.S, he was DV winner as well & he told me he could only accept me if i'm single but now by next week I'll be married..................u know...i still don't av who to include now..who will latter do the affidavit of support

u dont need your own account now, pls tell ur sponsor dat u wouldst leave in his house it does not cost him anythim or better stll qet another sponsor

Last edited by a moderator:
For February, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2008 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 16,200 Except:
Egypt:
Ethiopia:
Nigeria:

ASIA 6,900
EUROPE 15,300
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 5
OCEANIA 850
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,175

EUROPE 15,300
OCEANIA 850
Bulletin Is Out..

For February, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2008 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 16,200 Except:
Egypt:
Ethiopia:
Nigeria:

ASIA 6,900
EUROPE 15,300
OCEANIA 850

EUROPE 15,300
OCEANIA 850
Bulletin Is Out..
Good... the numbers are going up faster this year:)

administrative processing

yes i am going through admin processing on dec 2006 and recieve visa after 10 months . most people under admin processing take visa between 1 month - 3 month but if u have name like mohamed it may take long time. just be patient and pray fro god .
send e mail to the embassy after 2 months if u not recieve the visa contact the embassy every 21 days .

inshallah everything will be ok

It is Done!!!

Hello fellow house members, I had my interview yesterday but before I give you the details, let me tell you my fears before the day of the Interview. This is going to be quite long but will help some pple in the house.

1. Mixed up of my first and middle name: I played the DV using my middle name as first and when I got to know about this forum, I discovered that it could be an issue during interview. I discussed it with the house and I was asked to inform KCC about it which I did. I was given the normal response of them not being able to change my original entry but writing the correct name when filling my forms. I did that.

2. I made a mistake in my husband’s year of birth when entering for the DV. I wrote ‘2006’ instead of ‘2007’. This I also shared with the house. At this point a lot of pple suggested my husband should do a new passport but because he had appeared at the embassy twice (2004 & 2005) using the same passport, we discovered they will find him out thru his fingerprint on the day of interview and that could mean disaster. So, instead, I informed KCC and when mailing my forms back to KCC, I included a copy of the Data Page of my Husband’s Int. Passport and birth certificate to proof his real age and ascertain that it was an honest mistake.

3. My WAEC Certificate carries only my First and Surname – without my Middle name. At first I didn’t bother but when some pple started mentioning this in the house, it became a thing of concern for me and I was not ready to go thru the stress of going to WAEC so I kept mute abt it.

4. The last was the issue of my Birth Certificate, which I registered with my Husband’s name and not my maiden name. Abt 3 wks to my Interview, someone asked a question relating to that and Modest advised she uses her maiden name. It was like a bombshell to me cos I went as far as Minna, Niger state to register my birth with NPC (I stay in Lag) and to think that I will have to redo another one, GOD. I shared this with the house and Modest advised that I do another one. By now I already knew I could do it in Lag and I decided (telling the house) that I was ready to waste N5,000 rather than wasting $1510. But just at the nick of time, I sent JRCIES a private mail telling her my plight and this was her response “You did the right thing, so relax”. This was a healing balm to me cos she had undergone the process b4 as a married FEMALE winner, so I knew she responded from experience.

Now, please read on my Interview that lasted for as looooooooooonnnnnnng as 5min.

We got to the Embassy at about 10 past 6am and was called to line up at about 6:30am. As usual we were checked in and at about 7:05 we were already seated in the hall. My husband made the payment and the sitting exercise continued. At abt 9am, we were called to Window 9. Here our documents were collected and we went back to our seats. Now the long & nervous wait began. Mostly, pple were called to window 12 (IV & DV) and because of what I’ve heard abt the lady from this forum, which my husband also confirmed (she was the one who interviewed him in 2004 & 2005, he was denied on both occasions), I dreaded being interviewed by her.

At 4:05pm, we were called to window 11 and below is our conversation: -

Me: Good afternoon (with all smiles)
Window 11: Good afternoon. Please lift up your right hand bla bla bla,
We did that and he took our finger print.
Window 11: What is you name?
Me: Xxxx Yyyy Zzzz
Window 11: Your husband’s name?
Me: I told him
Window 11: Date of birth (for the both of us one after the other)
Window 11: So u did WAEC in 199x (looking at my Certificate)
Me: Yes
Window 11: How old were u then?
Me: 10+x
Window 11: So what was your best course?
Me: Food & Nut (He smiled)
Window 11: And what is your best course now?
Me: Am not in school any longer so I don’t have a best course (we all laughed).
Window 11: So u obtained other qualifications (Now looking at my credentials).
Window 11: Whats the topic of your Project at the end of it all
Me: Significance of Small Scale Industries to the Economy…….
Window 11: So what is Small Scale?
Me: I told him in two lines
Window 11: (Now to my husband) You appeared at the Embassy in 2004 & 2005.
Husband: Yes
Window 11: What did u apply for?
Husband: he told him
Window 11: How many times have u been married?
Husband: Once
Window 11: But in 2005 you stated that you were married
Husband: NO!
He asked this question about 3 more times telling him that it was the reason he gave as a proof that he would come back to the Country. At this point I was almost shaky and I was trying to tell my husband to try and remember (Of course I knew he was never married but he could use it just as the white guy said). Seeing my expression while talking with my husband, the guy replied….
Window 11: hey, relax man, I was only puling your legs.
At this point, we all busted out laughing. I was more relaxed.
Window 11: I only wanted to know if you are using her cos she won since you have been denied twice.
He faced his computer and started to type and that was it. None of my errors were mentioned.

This is quite long but I prefer writing every thing at once since I have the time rather than giving you pple a Part 1 & then Part 2 and maybe Part 3 of my Interview Experience.

Pple have been talking abt favour but I experienced it yesterday and I pray this same favour to the life of everyone who is yet to have his/her own Interview.

Once again, thanks to this forum, thanks to Modest, Jrcies and everyone who helped out, God bless you all.

Hi all,I am new here and i like what u are doing.I will like to ask some questions

I played the lottery as single in 2006.I did my traditional marriage/engagement in May and received a winning notification 4 days later.Now since i have just done the traditional marriage rights at that time I did not include my husband,but applied as single pending my wedding which will make my marriage legal and official.However,I wrote KCC some weeks later and told them about having done my traditional stuff and the upcoming wedding.i told them i choose to send application as single because I am yet to wed and make the marriage legal.they sent a reply to my box telling me that I should send the marriage cert when ready.My wedding took place last month and I have sent a scan copy of the cert to KCC.I also completed the DS 230 for my hubby and sent it along with the marriage cert.My questions:

Do u think the embassy will deny me Visa for not applying as a married person when I got the first NL since I already informed them in my letter that i have done traditional marriage b4 i got the NL.Actually the main reason i aplied as single was bcos i was not wedded yet and my marriage was not documented.Besides,my hubby and I choose to live apart as unmarried persons till we have done our wedding.
NB:My wedding was on Nov 3rd 2007 and thats the date on the marriage certificate sent to KCC.

Do I need to fill ds 230 for myself again since certain details abt me,notably my name has changed with my marriage?

That will not be a reason for the Embassy to deny you cos you already informed them, except otherwise you are not able to proof at the point of Interview that you guys are not married bcos you won the DV. In this case you will need your courtship pictures. Dont forget that your Traditional Wedding was not documented so there is no proof to say that you were married even after the traditional until after your wedding. This is a simple case, so relax. Moreover, if you took time to read the posts from the begining, you wouldnt be worrying your head.

Also, I dont think you need to fill another Form for yourself since your Wedding Cert already shows your new name. You have already done the needful by filling the Form for your hubby and keeping KCC updated.

@ Commy

Congratulations on your successful interview.

Seems the interviewing officer really wanted to be sure the marriage was real :)

Hello fellow house members, I had my interview yesterday but before I give you the details, let me tell you my fears before the day of the Interview. This is going to be quite long but will help some pple in the house.

1. Mixed up of my first and middle name: I played the DV using my middle name as first and when I got to know about this forum, I discovered that it could be an issue during interview. I discussed it with the house and I was asked to inform KCC about it which I did. I was given the normal response of them not being able to change my original entry but writing the correct name when filling my forms. I did that.

2. I made a mistake in my husband’s year of birth when entering for the DV. I wrote ‘2006’ instead of ‘2007’. This I also shared with the house. At this point a lot of pple suggested my husband should do a new passport but because he had appeared at the embassy twice (2004 & 2005) using the same passport, we discovered they will find him out thru his fingerprint on the day of interview and that could mean disaster. So, instead, I informed KCC and when mailing my forms back to KCC, I included a copy of the Data Page of my Husband’s Int. Passport and birth certificate to proof his real age and ascertain that it was an honest mistake.

3. My WAEC Certificate carries only my First and Surname – without my Middle name. At first I didn’t bother but when some pple started mentioning this in the house, it became a thing of concern for me and I was not ready to go thru the stress of going to WAEC so I kept mute abt it.

4. The last was the issue of my Birth Certificate, which I registered with my Husband’s name and not my maiden name. Abt 3 wks to my Interview, someone asked a question relating to that and Modest advised she uses her maiden name. It was like a bombshell to me cos I went as far as Minna, Niger state to register my birth with NPC (I stay in Lag) and to think that I will have to redo another one, GOD. I shared this with the house and Modest advised that I do another one. By now I already knew I could do it in Lag and I decided (telling the house) that I was ready to waste N5,000 rather than wasting $1510. But just at the nick of time, I sent JRCIES a private mail telling her my plight and this was her response “You did the right thing, so relax”. This was a healing balm to me cos she had undergone the process b4 as a married FEMALE winner, so I knew she responded from experience.

Now, please read on my Interview that lasted for as looooooooooonnnnnnng as 5min.

We got to the Embassy at about 10 past 6am and was called to line up at about 6:30am. As usual we were checked in and at about 7:05 we were already seated in the hall. My husband made the payment and the sitting exercise continued. At abt 9am, we were called to Window 9. Here our documents were collected and we went back to our seats. Now the long & nervous wait began. Mostly, pple were called to window 12 (IV & DV) and because of what I’ve heard abt the lady from this forum, which my husband also confirmed (she was the one who interviewed him in 2004 & 2005, he was denied on both occasions), I dreaded being interviewed by her.

He asked this question about 3 more times telling him that it was the reason he gave as a proof that he would come back to the Country. At this point I was almost shaky and I was trying to tell my husband to try and remember (Of course I knew he was never married but he could use it just as the white guy said). Seeing my expression while talking with my husband, the guy replied….
Window 11: I only wanted to know if you are using her cos she won since you have been denied twice.
He faced his computer and started to type and that was it. None of my errors were mentioned.

This is quite long but I prefer writing every thing at once since I have the time rather than giving you pple a Part 1 & then Part 2 and maybe Part 3 of my Interview Experience.

Pple have been talking abt favour but I experienced it yesterday and I pray this same favour to the life of everyone who is yet to have his/her own Interview.

Once again, thanks to this forum, thanks to Modest, Jrcies and everyone who helped out, God bless you all.
Congrations. May the Lord continue to favor you and others who are yet to be interviewed. Amen

Congratulations.......

hey commy,

Thank God for you, congrts

God will do it for all of us

When i read this post, I just smiled. No one could have done that apart from God, that's big favor from God. Your husband could have changed her statement, or shake or something else, but thanks be to God.
Congrats!

Congratulations COMMY, your interview was God ordained. please COMMY i have an issue i wud want ur clarification on personally through ur private mail.Thanx :)

Middle name

hello house please i have question that is bothering me, my waec certificate carries my surname,my middle name abbreviated then first name i.e[ADEFEMI S LEKE] is there any complications or do i have to still go for waec verifications or no need since i have my certificate with me?

praying for members of the forum, who are waiting for 2nd letter, interview that God's favour will speak for them.i collected my visa yesterday. any body with idea of ticket fare to houtston, texas.

praying for members of the forum, who are waiting for 2nd letter, interview that God's favour will speak for them.i collected my visa yesterday. any body with idea of ticket fare to houtston, texas.

I think on DSTV it was advertised that DELTA AIRLINES run direct flights now from Lagos.so if u in Lagos go their office or better still go the international u sure gonna find their office there as well:) Congrats man on ur status