• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

You guys in naija are very lucky. In cameroon we are going through hell. Receiving a second pack or even being interviewed still leaves you at the starting point. Just almost everybody is being asked to ``go and wait for administative processing and further clearance before you could be called for another interview``.IN fact here one goes away with the impresion that ambassy authorities are bent on reducing the number of visa holders to its bearest minimum. I am afraid they classify cameroon as ineligible in the very near future.

Perspective

You guys in naija are very lucky. In cameroon we are going through hell. Receiving a second pack or even being interviewed still leaves you at the starting point. Just almost everybody is being asked to ``go and wait for administative processing and further clearance before you could be called for another interview``.IN fact here one goes away with the impresion that ambassy authorities are bent on reducing the number of visa holders to its bearest minimum. I am afraid they classify cameroon as ineligible in the very near future.

I understand your frustration, but we should keep certain things in proper perspective.
Firstly, unless you were born in America, going there is simply a privilege/opportunity, and not a right. You know that no other country in the world gives you such an opportunity. So the Americans will determine who comes in and who stays out.
To maintain the integrity of the program and its continuation, they have to do "administrative processing" to stop fraud [fake identity and certificates]and to stop possible terrorists. This can take time. You agree that in the interest of public safety, the US govt. needs to stop terrorists from entering the coutry at all costs. If the terrorists strike, they will kill everybody-black, white, chinese, indian- not only Americans. Many foreigners died on (9/11).
The Embassy needs to show the American people that it is doing all it can, in oder to stop fraud and terrorists, because there are many powerful people in America asking for cancellation of the DV lottery because of fears of fraud and terrorists.
We therefore have 2 options- "administrative processing" or cancel the DV.
Lastly, Cameroon will always remain eligible, since you don't send many immigrants to America. You have to send 10,000 per year for 5 consecutive years before you are dropped.
Cheer up.

I understand your frustration, but we should keep certain things in proper perspective.
Firstly, unless you were born in America, going there is simply a privilege/opportunity, and not a right. You know that no other country in the world gives you such an opportunity. So the Americans will determine who comes in and who stays out.
To maintain the integrity of the program and its continuation, they have to do "administrative processing" to stop fraud [fake identity and certificates]and to stop possible terrorists. This can take time. You agree that in the interest of public safety, the US govt. needs to stop terrorists from entering the coutry at all costs. If the terrorists strike, they will kill everybody-black, white, chinese, indian- not only Americans. Many foreigners died on (9/11).
The Embassy needs to show the American people that it is doing all it can, in oder to stop fraud and terrorists, because there are many powerful people in America asking for cancellation of the DV lottery because of fears of fraud and terrorists.
We therefore have 2 options- "administrative processing" or cancel the DV.
Lastly, Cameroon will always remain eligible, since you don't send many immigrants to America. You have to send 10,000 per year for 5 consecutive years before you are dropped.
Cheer up.

Sometime in the near future, nigerians might be ineligible to apply for DV lottery with the rate at which Nigerias are becoming US citizens and thus, bring in family members on perm visa

Funny but real

hello evrybody and welcome to the great month of December for all those from naija u know what december means as par spendings:). But my question to all is that since i have beening reading all the thread of this great forum from those of DV2007 till date DV2008 which am a winner,see everybody that has gone for thier interview always say they answered all the educational questions that was asked them by the consular but what if someone was asked an O`level and u dont know it will u be asked other questions,or out right No? or u tell them to ask u ur present educational questions.

Affidavit of support

pls does any one know if its ok to have an affidavit of support from someone in Newyork and but am planning staying in Huston{thats the place i filled in my form that i want my green card sent to and POE}.

no problem

Sory on first letter written above I made an mistake, so this is what I want to aske, forget it first one, thanks
On the form DS-230 Part II, question 33a asked "Have you ever applied for a SSN?" and " Do you want SS Administration to send you a card?". I put "No" for both questions couse I am not in USA I do not have SSN and a SS Card, On december 6, 2007 and I have to fill again the DS 230 Forms , So what shoul I doo?
thanks

You av to still fill no like u said u are not yet in the states. When u are here in the states u can then apply for ur ssn.

ok

pls does any one know if its ok to have an affidavit of support from someone in Newyork and but am planning staying in Huston{thats the place i filled in my form that i want my green card sent to and POE}.

u dont ave to stay where ur sponsor is
j cloud am here just a bit busy, exam ave started

no specific duration

hello,i don't think there is a specific duration for administration processing.All they try to do is to confirm some of your documents,which basically depends on either the embassy staff carrying out the task or the place the verification is been done. but no worries,as long as your papers are alright,you sure have no problem....Is it on your interview day,that you were given the administrative processing letter?

Adminstrative Processing (AP)

MODEST as I can see you have become an expert on DV immigrant visa. I want you to tell me what you know about AP and what is the minimum time it takes to finish. Precisely, my case is currently undergoing AP and would like to know if there are chances of getting the visa before the end of 2008 fiscal year, please advise.

Thanks For Asking

Where are thou? Come on let us feel you. Adebayo too has deserted the house. Please gist us if Houston is cool or hot, I mean good or bad for new immigrants.

MY DEAR THANKS FOR ASKING...I HAVE PROBLEM WITH MY ISP. I HOPE TO GET CONNECTED BACK BY JANUARY. I MISS YOU ALL.

Best Of This Yuletide.

:cool:

1. [LISTHI EVRYONE,
    TNX ONYI & MODEST 4 UR CONCERN.
    I WISH U ALL THE BEST OF THIS SEASON.
    REMEMBER TO STAY OUT OF TROUBLE & REMAIN BLESSED IN THE LORDS NAME. AMEN:)

u dont ave to stay where ur sponsor is
j cloud am here just a bit busy, exam ave started

Its true the house is getting cold on like the threads of Dv2007 thats alive all day tru.my tots is that maybe few winners of this Dv2008 knew abt this forum,hope we all come on board daily and share tots and views,pls past winners in the US pls try and come around once in awhile, i know the time is not there always but remember ur brothers and sisters in need.:)

Administrative processing

How long can Administrative processing take for DV Visa Applicant

Syntaxpro,i think tru most thread and site i have been reading admin processing may take up to three months maximum depend on the issue that warranted the checks.See why dont u tell the house what happened on ur interview day{questions & events} may we can share ideas here together

food for thoughts

My question to all is that since i have been reading all the thread of this great forum from those of DV2007 till date DV2008 which am a winner, everybody that has gone for their interview always say they answered all the educational questions that was asked them by the consular but what if someone was asked an O`level and u don't know it will u be asked other questions,or out right No? or u tell them to ask u on ur present educational questions.

Syntaxpro,i think tru most thread and site i have been reading admin processing may take up to three months maximum depend on the issue that warranted the checks.See why dont u tell the house what happened on ur interview day{questions & events} may we can share ideas here together

Administrsative processing can take from a few weeks to over six months. I would advise Syntaxpro to do a search and read the thread on Administrative Processing, there is a lot of helpful info there.

Hi folks,

i had my interview in lagos nigeria on 10 October 2007 and i was given a letter reading that i would be called back after adminisrative processes. I have written them in november and have not got any reply yet.

Please gang do i still have hope of getting the Visa?

I am afraid.

i need your help please.