• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Npc

do i have to go to the state where i was born to get an NPC birth cert or can it be obtained in another state?
i have one issued at NPC in edo state and it cearlyy states that i was born in abia state, and place of issue...edo state.
does it matter? or do i have to get another one?

NL RECIEVED...13/4/07
2008AF000031XX
DATE OF INTERVIEW..2ND OCT,07

Chedike,
Like the NPC officer told you, the certificate is a fed govt document and therefore you can use the one you have.

Thanx for the reply to my post,but i dont know how to put up a signature but i am gonna write down my details below after my questions. see my questions are; i have sent my forms tru DHL to KCC since May 2007 and i didnt get any confirmation from KCC regardings it expect for the DHL tracking details thats howed delivered,so am i am suppose to send them a mail as in this regards,if Yes how am i to address it to them. Also does any one knows how much it cost to do the Police certificate, about the WAEC verification,is it that evrybody must go the WAEC or those with original WAEC certificate dont need verification
Case Number: 2008AF000013XXX.
NL:Received 4 May, 2007.
Forms Returned: 10 May, 2007.

Hello Davall. to put your signature

sing in and click on user cp by the left hand side on the blue bar above.
select edit signature by your left hand side
put your signature and click on save.

2. to get confirmation from Kcc you have to send them mail requesting to know if your package has come to them.you will get a reply telling you the status of your case. remember to state your Full. Date of birth, and case number.

3. You don't need verification if you have the original certificate of your O levels

Lastly take time to go through the tread from page one to the end you will gain a lot.

thanks

pls what next?

Good day great Forumite,

I received my first NL in May and sent it back in July as single but I included a letter to notify them dat i was preparing for my wedding even before the NL came. Now, i hav done my wedding (2 wks ago) and i need to notify them of my new status (married). My question is:
1. Do we need to complete a new set of forms and send to kcc with our marriage certificate? or
2. Sending only the marriage certificate is enough?
3. Is it true that Ikoyi registry is the only marriage registry recognised by US embassy in Nigeria? Though we did our wedding in the church but we observed the registry processes too (ijeka registry).

Your candid opinion on this issues will be appreciated.

We shall all get there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx alot for helping me out for enabling me edit my signature which i have done now. i also have sumtin to ask ; is it a most that i send an email to KCC to confirm my package is in process or i should just let it be since it showed delivered,aslo as a married winner and i have some few bulks in my account N1.32million do i still need a sponsor for me and my wife or how?

this is it

Good day great Forumite,

I received my first NL in May and sent it back in July as single but I included a letter to notify them dat i was preparing for my wedding even before the NL came. Now, i hav done my wedding (2 wks ago) and i need to notify them of my new status (married). My question is:
1. Do we need to complete a new set of forms and send to kcc with our marriage certificate? or
3. Is it true that Ikoyi registry is the only marriage registry recognised by US embassy in Nigeria? Though we did our wedding in the church but we observed the registry processes too (ijeka registry).

We shall all get there!

u dont need to fill another form,all u need to do is to send am e-mail to KCC on kccdv@state.gov,they will reply your mail after 3 working days on what to do,they don't believe our lives must be stagnant but u must be able to substantiate your claim.OK
It's not true that only Ikoyi registry is recognised by US,others are government registry as well,just be real.

daval,
to be on the safe side i think u should get somebody to fill out the I-134 form for u even with ur bank statement. cos i went for the interview with 25000 US dollars in my account but was still asked to get an support system, so i thnk its best if u can get somebody as well as present ur bank acct

ds-230

Good day great Forumite,

We shall all get there!

u dont need to fill another form,all u need to do is to send am e-mail to KCC on kccdv@state.gov,they will reply your mail after 3 working days on what to do,they don't believe our lives must be stagnant but u must be able to substantiate your claim.OK
It's not true that only Ikoyi registry is recognised by US,others are government registry as well,just be real.
I thought you will at least need to fill ds-230 for your wife in addition to the marriage certificate? Send an e-mail to KCC to confirm.

Thanx for the reply, so did u go to the embassy with ur spouse and the CP said u still have to get the I-134 form filled out? so where can i get the forms and the person to give to fill the form what is the amount in US dollars he/she has to have in their accounts or what are the things required from him to be a sponsor?

upadated for my 2008 DV LOTTERY PROCCESSING

I RECEIVED MY FIRST LETTER AT 4TH OF APRIL 2007
SENT IT BACK BY END OF MAY
RECEIVED THE 2ND PACKAGE BY SEPTEMER 17 AT THE POST OFFICE(BECOS I WASNT HOME ON 14TH TO GET IT.A LETTER WAS DROP TO COME PICK IT).I
MY INTERVIEW DATE WAS ON D 10 OCT 2007.
ON MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE
DUE TO D LATE RECEIVAL OF MY PASSPORT ,I COULD NOT GO WITH MY MEDICAL RESULT BUT I VE WENT A DAY BEFORE TO START.
I WENT THERE EARLY MORNING SOME MINUTES TO 7.00AM (I0 OCT).
FIRSTLY THEY DONT ALLOW ONE TO GO IN WITH MOBILE PHONE ,NOT EVEN TO PUT IT IN SILENCE OR SWICTH OFF (ITS BETTER TO KEEP IT AT HOME)
ALL ENCLOSED EVELOPE WAS INSTRUCTED TO B OPENED OUTSIDE D GATE(INCLUDING THE WHITE MEDICALS ENVELOPE).
THE WAY TO ARRANGE
1 ENSURE THAT ALL THE COPY OF YOUR DOCUMENT IS ARRANGE TOGETHER(PHOTOCOPY SEPARATE)
2 ALSO, PLACE THE ORIGINAL WITH EACH OTHER.
WHILE ENTERING
;;,<,You WOULD B ASK FOR YOUR PASSPORT AND LETTER FOR INTERVIEW

THEN,AT THE ENTERANCE OF THE IN DOOR GATE ,A STAFF WILL GIVEN You A YELLOW CARD , WITH A WHITE teller INORDER, TO PAY $375 ,ALSO A CONTACT FORM WILL B GIVE TO You.
FIRSTLY WHILE ENTERING
GO TO THE ACCOUNTANT STRAIGHT TO PAY THE MONEY(DATS D ONLY MONEY You PAY 4 DAT DAY).A RECEIPT WOULD B ISSUED TO You.(JUST KEEP IT, THERE ARE 2 RECEIPTs joined together, 1 FOR D STATE DEPARTMENT THE OTHER FOR You/don't seperate,they wolud do that at d point of interview).
NOTE ,THE NUMBER WRITTEN ON YOUR YELLOW FORM IS YOUR NUMBER.LISTEN TO D SPEAKER WHILE You ARE SITTING INSIDE.,THE NUMBER WILL B CALLED TO COME TO A WINDOW NUMBER(SOMTHING) .IF You ARE FOR DV ,YOUR NUMBER WOULD B DV XX.
THEREAFETR,You WILL HEAR YOUR NUMBER(DATS D ONE GIVEN AT THE GATE OF ENTERY ON THE YELLOW CARD)TO COME TO A WINDOW NUMBER (MOST TIME ITS WINDOW 9 FOR DV).AT THE WINDOW DROP ALL THE DOCUMENT(AS SAID EARLIER ,ARRANGE THE PHOTO COPIES SEPARATE AND ASLO FOR THE ORIGINALS DOC.).SHOW HER YOUR RECEIPT AND GIVE HER ALL THE DOC. You NEEDED.NEVER MIND THE ONES THAT IS NOT NECCESSARY WOULD B RETURN BACK TO You IMMEDIATELY.SO,You WOULD B TOLD TO STAY OUT SIDE FOR SOME WHILE.(3-5HRS).WITH MY LITTLE EXPERIENCE ,MOST DV'S ARE MOSTLY ATTENDED TO BY 1;50PM UPWARD.
AT ABOUT 10MINUTES TO 3PM I WAS CALL TO THE WINDOW (WINDOW NUMBER 6&11 ARE MOSTLY USED AND SOMETIMES 9&10).
THE QUESTIONS I WAS ASKED
----GOOD AFTERNOON SHE SAY.(I RESPOND)

----You SWORE TO SAY THE TRUTH(BY RISEN UR RIGHT HAND UP).
----ARE You THE ONE ON THIS FORM(D-230)
----SO ,WHAT IS UR NAME
-----WHATS UR DATE OF BIRTH
----- WHERE WERE You BORN
------WHAT THE NAME OF UR SECOUNDARY SCHOOL
------DID You WRITE WAEC OR GCE
-----WHAT YEAR
-----WHAT ARE THE SUBJECTS You GOT UR HIGHEST GRADES.
-----SHE THEN ASK "WHAT DO You KNOW ABOUT CHEMISTRY
-----from what i told her ,She Ask another question(my answer was ,its deals With Organic and Inorgan chemistry.
----THEN SHE ASK ,WHAT ARE ORGANIC COMPOUND
-----AGAIN,SHE ARE Inganic Compound.
-----SHE THEN TO PHYSICS
---WHAT DO You KNOW ABOUT PHYSICS
----I ANSWER "MECHANISM"
-----SHE SAID 'WHERE SPECIFICALLY"
MACHINE I SAID
SO WHAT DO KNOW ABOUT MACHINE
"THE PURPOSE OF A MACHINE IS TO APPLY LESS EFFORT INORDER TO GET MORE WORK OUTPUT.
SHE SAID 'Good"

SHE THEN ASK OF MY MEDICAL REPORT (I ANSWER ED,NOT YET OUT,)
THEN SHE GAVE ME A GREEN LETTER SAYIN THAT I CAN COME ANY FRIDAY(EXPECT THE LAST FRIDAY OF EACH MONTH) TO SUBMIT THE MY MEDICAL REPORT .
2 FRIDAY'S AFTER I WeNT THERE TO SUBMIT MY MEDICALS
THERE AFTER I WAS CALLED TO THE GET MY VISA LETTER(still on that Day),
IT SHOWS WHEN I WOULD B GETTING MY VIZO
HOWEVER,IF AT THE INTERVIEW DATE You HAV ALL YOUR DOC. COMPLETE ,You WUD BE GIVEN YOUR VISA COLLECTION LETTER IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE VISA INTERVIEW.IF NOT You WUB B EXPECTED TO COMING ANOTHER FRIDAY TO SUBMIT THE
REQUIRED DOC.

RESHY2ALL

Na wa 4 Consular ooo

so the visa application fee for DV winners was just increased like that from $375 to $755, just bc we want to go to God's own country.

DECEMBER BULLETIN IS OUT...

www.travel.state.gov
For January, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2008 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 13,100 Except:
Egypt:
Ethiopia:
Nigeria:

ASIA 6,100
EUROPE 13,600
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 3
OCEANIA 775
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,075

poe is entirely ur biz, when u pick ur visa they will place the address of ur sponsor, u may not go to that country if u wish and change ur address at the poe

Hello house and Modest,
I was wodering abt what you meant by that.
Is it okay for someone to have an affidavit of support from someone, and then enter the States through an airport farther away. I just read from you that the sponsor's adress will be on the visa.
I am planning to stay away from my sponsor at a freinds place.
Read from you soon.

I have my SSCE certificate with me and i have my B.Sc statement of result,is it proper to go to the embassy with the statement of result because my school has not yet prepared our certificate or is not acceptable.

Hi.

I'm a DV2008 winner from Nigeria, i came across this forum and i like what the house is doing to help everyone.
Please, keep it up.

God bless you all.

Hmmmmmmmmm

Good day great Forumite,

We shall all get there!

Hmmmmmm.What is this talk abt the embassy recognizing only Ikoyi marriage registry?Does it mean that everybody in a country that is as big as Nigeria will all get married in one place.What abt people who are not resident in Lagos?
Pls any body who has a clue shld just hail us.
I personally believe it cant be true,house abi?

Waiting is never easy

Just saw the numbers.Does not look good at all.

Yeah doesn't look good right..?:) but if you compare 2007 to last year's November you will see that there is still a little increase. although not much only 200 difference but yet, last year's Dv winners were able to wait until it got to 20xxx:) I want to believe if there was some thing like 2006 Dv thread, one would have noticed that the cut of number for each period is moving with almost the same proportion.
I know waiting is never easy. But remember the clock is moving so is the case number moving little by little till we get there.
May God Help us all...

Welcome

Hi.

I'm a DV2008 winner from Nigeria, i came across this forum and i like what the house is doing to help everyone.
Please, keep it up.

God bless you all.

Yes mummyDD welcome to the winning party..but no be PDP oo..:D also thanks for being smart enough to Edith your Signature that shows that you have actually explored the pages.

I got a Postal Package...+ a Visa

Thank you all for your congratulations. Actually I should've been thanking you for your endless efforts of using this forum to bring informtion on our finger tips. You are all winners!

Let me attempt to give a rundown of the interview in Frankfurt, Germany:

My wife came down from London and we drove down to Frankfurt on that faithful 13th of Nov. for the interview. I am the principal applicant. We got to the consulate at about 7AM. It was very cold outside, maybe 4°C. We got on a line outside the gate at about 7.30 and passed through the check point at about 7.50. Our number was called at about 8.10 to pay a total of €1,120 (=$1,500). We were given a big envelope and asked to paste a stamp of €4.25 on it. Just before I was done our number was called again to submit our documents. We submitted the documents and the admin. officers said all looked good and gave us basic imigration instructions. He told us he will take the file to the consular officer who will then call us later for a short interview. We sat down again. At about 9.15 we were called for the interview. We did the finger print and the officer said we should sign the DSP230 form. After the siging the officer asked which language we prefer and I said since my wife doesnt speak German we should do it in english. The guy made some jokes with my wife and then turned to me:

Officer: When did you become a German Citizen?
Me: over 5 years ago
Officer: Why do you want to go to the states?
Me: Its all about more opportunities. I believe I will have many more career opportunities in the states
Officer: Ok I want you to do something for me. I want you to go get an employment letter in the states, send it to me and then I will issue you a visa.
Me: I do have a job presently which I like and I will not relocate to the states until I get something better there. Besides I have provided you with an affidavit of support which should take care of our expenses should my wife and I be there in the states without a job.
Officer: Where is the affidavit of support?
Me: Check the file for it sir. I submitted it with my other documents.

He went through his file and saw the affidavit. My sponsor makes more than $120,000 a year and has property is valued at about $800,000. My personal income is morethan 4 times poverty level but I don't have any savings.

Officer: Well it looks very good for your man but I would like to see your own funds. You always have your vacation in the states so just go out there and get an employment letter, send it to me and I will issue you a visa immediately.
Me: I am disappointed by that. When I get home today I will get into the internet and look for Job at Mcdonalds in Alaska.

Consular officer started laughing...

Me: I will fax the letter to you. But do you beleive I will leave my good job in Germany to go and work for Mcdonalds in Alaska
Officer: No
Me: ...so I will take my time and look for a good job. I won't leave Germany to the States just for another job. I will look for a very good Job and I will send the employment letter to you.

The officer looked intensively into my eyes and said:

Officer: I will issue you the visa and you'll get your passports in about a week's time. You go get that very good Job and send the employment letter to me.
Me: You bet I will keep my promise

Thant was it.

Today 15th Nov., I received a big postal package form the consulate containing:
2 sealed envelopes
2 passports with Immigrant Visas valid for 6 months or 1 year uppon endorsement

I hope nobody will use this as a standard interview question catalogue.
My case was very strong; I have a B1/B2 visa that was still more than 9yrs valid, I have 2 Masters degree in Engineering and business admin, I have more than 5 years working experience with an American company in Germany, I travel atleast 2-4 times a year to the states for work or pleasure...
The message here is very clear; get "clean" documents and always be yourself. Don't try to play with words. Defend yourself and present your case to the best of your knowledge. Don't forget that we are all humans and even the consular officers may overlook a document or information.

I WISH YOU ALL GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS. YOU ARE WINNERS.