• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

hi everyone, have been a member of this forum for a while now but never contributed.

glad to say it was most helpful when i needed it. would have missed my appt date if i had not found this forum cos my 2nd package only came after my appointment date.
i am a medical doctor and i live in trinidad and tobago.

at my interview i was asked d following questions....
name ........
date of birth
present job and duration of my contract
my marital status and if i had somebody in miind at present
relationship with my sponsor
what kind of job do u plan to do in the US?
have u ever been arrested?
how did u qualify for the IV application?
i did not go with a AOS I-134 form cos i didnt have it in my second package which was by the way sent by email. but i had gone with my bank statement which had about 25k but i was still asked to bring an I-134form and i told him i had called kcc and they said if i have enough funds i wont need to submit an I-134 form, and he replied that he agrees with me, but d final say still lies with my visa officer and that since i have to take an exam b4 i start to practice, that even though i have a substantial amt. but that when i settle down in US the money goes really fast,i was also asked to show how i plan to transfer my funds to the US, another police report from nigeria which i didnt know i had to get, cos i had one issued from here and my birth certificate which i had replaced with an old affidavit which was sworn when i was getting into d university (funny cos i thot d age of the document would have impressed the man).i was given a letter which says i cannot be issued a visa until i have all d above documents and to come back on any friday when i have all the documents so they can continue d processing of my visa
my question now is........
my dad had to obtain my birth cert. from nigeria and he obtained it from d NPC in edo state where he lives presently while i was born in abia state even though this was correctly stated in d document i hope d state where it was issued does not matter or does it have to come from d state where i was born?

u will be issued a visa, if u can give them all that they need
how much is the 25k if converted to usd

u talked about sworn affidavit, pls throw more light on this
but in the main time, ur birth cert has to be gotten from abia state
u were born in nigeria and if u left Nigeria after u were 16 u need the police report
pint ur 10 fingers in a paper and label them dhl this to ur dad, he will get a police report for u

for all our members that have not been contributing, this is a lesson
if u contribute to the forum, u will be more committed and will be able to understand all that we discuss, but if u don't contribute, u will just be reading the forum like a novel and u know what that means

.[/QUOTE
thanks modest,
the 25k is in US dollars after conversion (surprising isnt it, thot that would have done it but i guess not)
my family have already obtained a police certificate with the same proceedure u already mentioned.
the birth certificate states i was born in abia state but it was issued in edo state. because the NPC officials in edo state said that it is a federal document and can be obtained from any state and still be valid.
do u advice that i get another one from abia state altogether?

modest,
the sworn affidavit was just an age declaration sworn by my father in '94
since i had no birth cert then.
the 25k is in US dollars after conversion.
the birth cert. from NPC has already been sent off because the officials at NPC told my dad b4 he obtained the birth cert that it is a federal document and can be obtained from any part of the country like an international passport.
do u think i should have them obtain another one?

(pardon me for repeating this post i am still trying to get used to posting comments in this forum)

thanx to all the Nigerian brothers and sister that has taken time to explain to others how their Dvlottery interview experince was.Am new here and i have few questions to ask pls; when i was filling my forms that was sent to my KCC i made a little mistake in three columns and i cleaned them to make the right corrections,hope it wont affect during the interview day.
Nope, there wouldn't be any problems.. I equally had to erase somethings using correction fluide. I had got confirmation from them that my forms have been accepted for further processing.
Please relax. You have to please update your signature otherwise your questions or suggestions will not be attended to.

Urgent Please!

Oga Modest, married women in the house who have been interviewed or anyone who is actually sure of this, please tolerate me, I beg of u all. My question is actually directed to u.

I want to refer to Joyful's question where she was asking if she would register her birth with her maiden name or husband's name.

I actually went to my Birth City (Minna, Niger State) to register my birth at NPC and I was told that I will register with the name I bear as at the time I was registering (Husband's Name) but my parent's name were also indicated in the register. Am at a loss as to what to do, will I need to register again? Is there any other one I can do without NPC (someone told me I could register my Birth at the General Hospital, Lagos, am actually based in Lag). I just want your candid advice as my Interview is at the corner.

Secondly, abeg I no get "Yellow Form" o! It didnt come with my second package. I am going to the Embassy with my Husband, JCloud said Onyi does not need it, How do I know if I need it or not?

Thanks all for the support.

madam carry belle if the thing come now, only physical documents can affect u not biological documents

Good to know.So if the belle comes no wahala,but the fact is that my hubby wants me to take care of my first son (him) for the first two years, or so all things being equal.that is the reason why we arent planning for belles now.Moreover we will be able to settle faster in the states if w e have no littles ones to worry abt for the first year or so.

modest,
the sworn affidavit was just an age declaration sworn by my father in '94
since i had no birth cert then.
the 25k is in US dollars after conversion.
the birth cert. from NPC has already been sent off because the officials at NPC told my dad b4 he obtained the birth cert that it is a federal document and can be obtained from any part of the country like an international passport.
do u think i should have them obtain another one?

(pardon me for repeating this post i am still trying to get used to posting comments in this forum)

so what is outstanding
from ur post u have usd 25,000, birth cert, police report from 9niger and the country u reside now,
pls present all these to them on a Friday and see what is left

Good to know.So if the belle comes no wahala,but the fact is that my hubby wants me to take care of my first son (him) for the first two years, or so all things being equal.that is the reason why we arent planning for belles now.Moreover we will be able to settle faster in the states if w e have no littles ones to worry abt for the first year or so.

ur hubby must be this type that does not want to share,'how jealous could he be?' just kidding
but u guys have a very good point about settling down. at this jucture i will candidly advice that u do not use any family planning method, except 'rain coat'
no iud, pills, ring and all the rest until u have proven ur fertility, u may also use withdrawal.
am serious

Oga Modest, married women in the house who have been interviewed or anyone who is actually sure of this, please tolerate me, I beg of u all. My question is actually directed to u.

I want to refer to Joyful's question where she was asking if she would register her birth with her maiden name or husband's name.

I actually went to my Birth City (Minna, Niger State) to register my birth at NPC and I was told that I will register with the name I bear as at the time I was registering (Husband's Name) but my parent's name were also indicated in the register. Am at a loss as to what to do, will I need to register again? Is there any other one I can do without NPC (someone told me I could register my Birth at the General Hospital, Lagos, am actually based in Lag). I just want your candid advice as my Interview is at the corner.

Secondly, abeg I no get "Yellow Form" o! It didnt come with my second package. I am going to the Embassy with my Husband, JCloud said Onyi does not need it, How do I know if I need it or not?

For interviews in Nigeria, nobody require that. Relax.

i dont know why anybody will ask u to register ur birth with ur husband name,
ur birth registration/birth certificate should be in ur fathers name, becos that is ur name at birth, pls get another one.
when they begin to face u with their silly pieces of advice, jut tell them u have not changed ur name, u still bear ur fathers name, end of story.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok sir, becos the madan also asked about birth registration
kindly react i beg

Sir, you have given an excellent advise. She can not register with her husband name, but with the father. She must learn to know that this people don't know the purpose for which she need this. Birth cert is a sensitive requirement which no one should joke with. We shall not have casuality in this house. Amen

Sir, you have given an excellent advise. She can not register with her husband name, but with the father. She must learn to know that this people don't know the purpose for which she need this. Birth cert is a sensitive requirement which no one should joke with. We shall not have casuality in this house. Amen

Amen, thanks so much oga
i hope u have been putting the ticket fee together, this is winter and fares may be cheaper, check some airline web sites like klm, British airways, Lufthansa, virgin Nigeria, virgin Atlantic and some others to compare prices

do i have to go to the state where i was born to get an NPC birth cert or can it be obtained in another state?
i have one issued at NPC in edo state and it cearlyy states that i was born in abia state, and place of issue...edo state.
does it matter? or do i have to get another one?

NL RECIEVED...13/4/07
2008AF000031XX
DATE OF INTERVIEW..2ND OCT,07

Please can someone give me the address of NPC in Lagos.

Thanks Modest for the enlightenment, I'll get another one immediately. I think I'll rather waste N5000 than waste $755 x 2.......... can u imagine that?

Thanx for the reply to my post,but i dont know how to put up a signature but i am gonna write down my details below after my questions. see my questions are; i have sent my forms tru DHL to KCC since May 2007 and i didnt get any confirmation from KCC regardings it expect for the DHL tracking details thats howed delivered,so am i am suppose to send them a mail as in this regards,if Yes how am i to address it to them. Also does any one knows how much it cost to do the Police certificate, about the WAEC verification,is it that evrybody must go the WAEC or those with original WAEC certificate dont need verification
Case Number: 2008AF000013XXX.
NL:Received 4 May, 2007.
Forms Returned: 10 May, 2007.

NPC office

Please can someone give me the address of NPC in Lagos.

Thanks Modest for the enlightenment, I'll get another one immediately. I think I'll rather waste N5000 than waste $755 x 2.......... can u imagine that?

The NPC office is on Babs Animashan road surulere Lagos. Their office is inside NYSC secretariat compound.