• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2008 Lucky Winners From Nigeria

Hello all,
I am a 2008 winner as well, i stumbled upon this website when brousing for information and I am so happy to be able to communicate with other winners. I dont have answers to the last two questions but i look forward to making valuable contributions as much as i can. I am married and was at the time of initial application.

Adebayo, congrats on your successful interview. Please stay in touch with us cos we will need your experienced advice. Meanwhile, please does anyone have the website address for the monthly visa bulletin?

Lagos Nigeria
Case Number 2008AF00002xxx
NL received April 07
Returned to KCC May 07
KCC confirmed receipt May 07
Awaiting 2nd Letter

You are welcome to our great forum.ladybee.D website for d monthly visa bulletin is www.travel.state.gov.From you case number,it seems you may be current before December,so get your stuffs prepared.

visa bulletin website

Hello all,
I am a 2008 winner as well, i stumbled upon this website when brousing for information and I am so happy to be able to communicate with other winners. I dont have answers to the last two questions but i look forward to making valuable contributions as much as i can. I am married and was at the time of initial application.

Adebayo, congrats on your successful interview. Please stay in touch with us cos we will need your experienced advice. Meanwhile, please does anyone have the website address for the monthly visa bulletin?

Lagos Nigeria
Case Number 2008AF00002xxx
NL received April 07
Returned to KCC May 07
KCC confirmed receipt May 07
Awaiting 2nd Letter

You are welcome to our great forum.ladybee.D website for d monthly visa bulletin is www.travel.state.gov.From you case number,it seems you may be current before December,so get your stuffs prepared.

May i join in even if im not from naija

I find your thread rather interesting im african but from the southern part i dont see any threads from the southern part but hey i look at it this way we all africans and all in the same boat needing to know about the dv2008

anyways keep up the good work and i wish you all the best for the dv2008

thanks

nass

Ur welcome

Nasnas you are highly welcome to the forum. provided you will abide by the rules and regulations fathering the house. one love

Ur welcome

Nasnas you are highly welcome to the forum. provided you will abide by the rules and regulations fathering the house. one love
but you should have it at the back of your mind that some of the answers and addresses given here are basically referring to places in Nigeria. e.g embassy, hospital for test, police for clearance, NPC for BC. etc.
thanks house

Re: Inquiry

It will be difficult for anyone to help u on this, the way out is for u to write at least one or two digits in your number for example lets say my number is 2001AF00000222, i will write it for security reasons as 2001AF000002xx, whoever sees it like this will be able to help me, try and write your case number like this so that people can help out.

Ok, my case number is 2008AF000001XX

There are two issues bothering me of wish I want the house to address immediately as other members of the house may as well benefit from it.
Firstly,I wrote the name of the person I wish to stay with in the USA as the PETITIONER instead of my name in the notification letter I sent to KCC:mad: .I have since emailed KCC for possible correction if necessary,but I have not received any response from them till date.Could there be any problem with this error:cool:
Secondly,the issue of evidence of support as a single applicant,Is it really compulsory.
Pastor ADEBAYOR, BABA ALADURA and other senior members of dv 2007 winners,please respond fast.
CASE NUMBER 2008AF00002XXX:D
WAITING 4 SECOND LETTER:cool:

:D :D :D :D anyway its good u asked, by the way KCC is keen about your personal data, so long your data is correct no wahala, dont worry yourself its no big deal, in my own form i didnt write any name as petitioner cos i didnt even know i was, so i left it blank.

as for d second one, so long you are not married you dont need any evidence of support.

When it will be happen?

My DV 2008 case number is ASXXX4500 .Can anyone kindly tell me whether I got a chance.If yes can you give me an estimated time get visa stamped-(If evertything went ok.)

Matters Arising

Thank u Adebayor 4 clearifying me on d issue of d petitioner.U A are really an asset to d house xpecially we babies[dv 2008 winners] PLEASE,never get tired of answering our questions.There are other issues I need to understand.
Firstly,is it mandatory 4 somebody with WAEC/NECO certificates to do verification of result? Secondly,is it also mandatory 4 a University/Polytechnic certificate to send records of academic transcripts to d embassy prior to interview? Please,members of house with valid answer should post their views 4 benefit of others.
Meanwhile,ADEBAYOR,i sent u an email but was undelivered.pls check if d email addr.u gave is correct.
CASE NUMBER 2008AF00002XXX
LOCATION SAPELE,DELTA STATE,NIGERIA

Thanks

All your question has nothing to worry about,
1. the N/A mean not applicable, since you did not write anything no wahala
2.. whether you paste you passport photograph or not it doesn't matter
what matters is your name at the back which you have done in case the passport fall off they can use the name to attach it to respective forms
so no wahala at all put your mind at rest.

Hi adebayo.
I have not been available for sometime now.Thanks for de reply .My hubby told me he called kcc and he was told they"ve received our forms.:)

Thank u Adebayor 4 clearifying me on d issue of d petitioner.U A are really an asset to d house xpecially we babies[dv 2008 winners] PLEASE,never get tired of answering our questions.There are other issues I need to understand.
Firstly,is it mandatory 4 somebody with WAEC/NECO certificates to do verification of result? Secondly,is it also mandatory 4 a University/Polytechnic certificate to send records of academic transcripts to d embassy prior to interview? Please,members of house with valid answer should post their views 4 benefit of others.
Meanwhile,ADEBAYOR,i sent u an email but was undelivered.pls check if d email addr.u gave is correct.
CASE NUMBER 2008AF00002XXX
LOCATION SAPELE,DELTA STATE,NIGERIA

1. If you have the original WAEC/NECO Certificate you don't need verification but if not then you will have to do it.
2. You have nothing to do with University/Polytechnic sending records of academic transcripts to d embassy prior to interview, so long you have your University/Polytechnic cert with you its ok, you don't send anything to the embassy o. you will go with your documents.

My email is owosenibayo@yahoo.com

visa bulletin link http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

Last edited by a moderator:
RE:Re: Inquiry

Mennnnnnnnnnn i can confirm to you that your interview is OCT for real,
get all your papers ready, america here you go:D

Thanks men for your reply; it came in handy. However, do you know how long it takes to get Police Certificates and the confirmation of the WAEC results, bcos i haven't even started getting all those.

medical tests

What diseases are checked on medicals and which ones disqualify one from getting a visa?

Hi jorj93,

While filling out the forms in the 1st package, even before i got to know about this Site; i met with a Doctor in LUTH (who was a winner of the DV 2007) for directions on how to fill the forms. He said just about the only test result that can disqualify one is if an individual tests +ve to HIV. He said all other medical result cases like TB, Malaria etc can be treated if failed. So, play safe or better still abstain ........

you may want to check "Onyii's" posts for lists of medical tests.

Thanks men for your reply; it came in handy. However, do you know how long it takes to get Police Certificates and the confirmation of the WAEC results, bcos i haven't even started getting all those.

You should get Police report in less than 1hr, just go to Alagbon Police HeadQ, very close to Obalende, you can take a bike there. tell them you want to do police report they will direct you.

secondly, Do you have the original WAEC certificate? if YES you don't need verification, if NO then go to WAEC in Yaba, they will do it for you there it shouldn't take long, though i didn't do it sha, i used my original WAEC cert.

You should get Police report in less than 1hr, just go to Alagbon Police HeadQ, very close to Obalende, you can take a bike there. tell them you want to do police report they will direct you.

secondly, Do you have the original WAEC certificate? if YES you don't need verification, if NO then go to WAEC in Yaba, they will do it for you there it shouldn't take long, though i didn't do it sha, i used my original WAEC cert.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, i have the Original WAEC cert., but the last time i went to the place, i.e opposite YabaTECH, one of the requirement said a photocopy of the original certificate to be verified is required. So, i guess maybe things have changed.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, i have the Original WAEC cert., but the last time i went to the place, i.e opposite YabaTECH, one of the requirement said a photocopy of the original certificate to be verified is required. So, i guess maybe things have changed. What do u think?

question on arrest

in form ds 230 number 31 the question is asked if one has ever been arrested.at the time of filling the forms in march the anwser was no.butfollowing a quarrel with a colleague a few weeks later{after submitting the forms} the colleague initiated an arrest.the matter has subsequently been resolved amaciably.the question is does one iNform KCC that one has now been arrested or u keep ur mouth shut.the question has been on my mind.the last thing one needs is 4 dis: oyinbo to find out and feel one is hoardin information.i hear u cant hide anything from these americans:confused:
:confused:

Thanks for the reply. Yes, i have the Original WAEC cert., but the last time i went to the place, i.e opposite YabaTECH, one of the requirement said a photocopy of the original certificate to be verified is required. So, i guess maybe things have changed.

OK, but in my own case, i have the original Cert and i didnt do any verification.

The photocopy of the original they asked for is applicable if you once had the original and now its lost, they will need the photocopy of the lost one to verify it, you can post the question to DV2007 house and am sure you will get thesame answer, SO LONG YOU HAVE THE ORIGINAL WAEC CERTIFICATE YOU DON'T DO ANY VERIFICATION if you do you will just dash waec money.

Its left for Embassy to do that.