• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

my case number is 2008AF10xxx,please i want to know when i will be current,i check on the vsa bulleting,i dont seems to understand how to check it,i have not received my second package and i wrote to KCC and got a reply that they are processing my forms and if my number is current,i will receive the package via post,please how do i know with my case number above that my number is current,so i can write them back to notify them that i am current and needed the dates for my medicals and interview,i am trained fashion designer since 1994,with O levels at 2 sittings 1992/1993 and a certifcate on destop publishing....

if ur from nigeria the current cn for nigeria is from 1 to 6300, but if ur from other part from Africa current number is 10000... CHECK VISA BULLETIN FOR OCTOBER for the current numbers in October and November

thanks nelly p and Onyii ,my result for english na p8 for both no be 9,do i still have to go and do another exams wen i already have 2 sittings?Also explain better to me how u probably think my interview may likely fall to june next year

MODEST,
how u dey, hope say yankee don de treat you good o! wel, i was wondering if newark, NJ is were u reside, since thats your POE on your singature.. i'll be movin down to the US later this month, of which i'll be at boston,MA till i get my GC & SSN (hopefully about a month) before movin to new jersey which is were i plan to reside, i have no particular city picked out , but i've actually had my eyes on newark and that brings me to my question. In your opinion, would you advice a young person with no family in newark, nj to move over there in terms of job acquisition, housing n all that??
please give me a picture of what that'll look like....thnx

Am not modest but i can tell you that gettinga job really depends on what u are into. yes, there are apartments every where that you can rent and the rent $$ depends on the area. U can always find a minimum wage job(Mcdonalds, Walmart, Dish washer) anywhere, its really up to you as to what you really want.

Now In US of A

Hi everybody,
I arrived safely in Dallas, the whether is somehow hot here over 85 degree for now, i'm coping with it. I have to change my Laptop charger that i brought here, because the outlet is not compatible with all the socket here, everything here is different. I wish all awaiting Interview DV winner successful interview in advance, it's nice and good to be here.
Bye for now.

Write Neco

thanks nelly p and Onyii ,my result for english na p8 for both no be 9,do i still have to go and do another exams wen i already have 2 sittings?Also explain better to me how u probably think my interview may likely fall to june next year

OGA, AM SORRY ABOUT THIS BUT U MAY NEED TO DO IT
PRESENTLY THEY ARE REGISTERING FOR NECO, U MAY NEED TO WRITE IT AND MAKE UP UR ENGLISH LANG IT IS NOT TOO LATE.
MEAN WHILE LIKE I SAID EARLIER KEEP UR MIND OPEN , U MAY OR MAY NOT GET THE VISA IF U DONT HAVE ENGLISH LANG, GOD BEING ON UR SIDE U MAY GET IT.
THE ISSUE IS THAT EVERY OTHER COUNTRY IS TAKING PROFESSIONALS IN THE HSMP THEY DO CANADA, UK, AUSTRALIA AND ALL OTHERS, IT IS ONLY USA THAT IS DEMANDING FOR O'LEVELS, JUST TO REDUCE THE RATE AT WHICH PEOPLE WILL DEPEND ON THE GOVT, SO I FEEL IN UR OWN INTEREST, U SHOULD GET UR ENGLISH.

Thank you all

Thanks Everybdoy.
U Giys A Sooooooooooooooooooo Wonderful, Meeeeeeeeeeeen I Fell Blessed Associating With Everybody In This House, I Never Regreted On Single Minute. God Bless U All
My Gc Don Come All Of Them Together:d

My Guy

MODEST,
how u dey, hope say yankee don de treat you good o! wel, i was wondering if newark, NJ is were u reside, since thats your POE on your singature.. i'll be movin down to the US later this month, of which i'll be at boston,MA till i get my GC & SSN (hopefully about a month) before movin to new jersey which is were i plan to reside, i have no particular city picked out , but i've actually had my eyes on newark and that brings me to my question. In your opinion, would you advice a young person with no family in newark, nj to move over there in terms of job acquisition, housing n all that??
please give me a picture of what that'll look like....thnx

AM NOT IN THE US, I RETURNED TO JAMAICA WITH MY FAMILY ON THE 2ND OF SEPT WITHOUT THE GC
MY GUY, LET ME START LIKE THIS, U DONT HAVE TO GO TO BOSTON JUST TO WAIT FOR GC, U DONT NEED TO GO TO THE COUNTRY WHERE UR SPONSOR IS, WHEN U GET TO THE POINT OF ENTRY JUST CHANGE UR ADDRESS.
THEN DO U KNOW ANYBODY IN NJ,
NEWARK IS OK, WITH A LOT OF JOB OPPORTUNITY, BUT U HAVE TO AT LEAST STAY WITH SOME ONE SO AS TO SETTLE IN, U CAN GET APPARTMENT IN IVY HILL I THINK IT IS THE CHEAPEST FOR NOW, ALSO IRVINGTON AM IS CHEAP, AND THEY ARE ALL CLOSE TO NEWARK.

BUT WHICH EVER WAY U LOOK AT IT SOME HAS TO ATLEAST ACCOMODATE U FOR ONE WEEK, SO THAT U CAN PUT UR BEARING TOGETHER AND THIS IS THE MAIN REASON WHY THEY LAY SO MUCH EMPHASY ON SPONSORSHIP.

GET BACK AND LETS RUBB MIND

AM NOT IN THE US, I RETURNED TO JAMAICA WITH MY FAMILY ON THE 2ND OF SEPT WITHOUT THE GC
MY GUY, LET ME START LIKE THIS, U DONT HAVE TO GO TO BOSTON JUST TO WAIT FOR GC, U DONT NEED TO GO TO THE COUNTRY WHERE UR SPONSOR IS, WHEN U GET TO THE POINT OF ENTRY JUST CHANGE UR ADDRESS.
THEN DO U KNOW ANYBODY IN NJ,
NEWARK IS OK, WITH A LOT OF JOB OPPORTUNITY, BUT U HAVE TO AT LEAST STAY WITH SOME ONE SO AS TO SETTLE IN, U CAN GET APPARTMENT IN IVY HILL I THINK IT IS THE CHEAPEST FOR NOW, ALSO IRVINGTON AM IS CHEAP, AND THEY ARE ALL CLOSE TO NEWARK.

BUT WHICH EVER WAY U LOOK AT IT SOME HAS TO ATLEAST ACCOMODATE U FOR ONE WEEK, SO THAT U CAN PUT UR BEARING TOGETHER AND THIS IS THE MAIN REASON WHY THEY LAY SO MUCH EMPHASY ON SPONSORSHIP.

GET BACK AND LETS RUBB MIND

Someone who has not been to the States before and has no job needs atleast 3 months of help when they get there to be able to adjust.
Yes, u might get a job from Mcdonalds but if you have a very thick accent like most Nigerians do, most people will not understand what the hell you are talking about and u probably will be sent to the back by the manager. I mean dish washing area. haha
Again, some companies might have a hard time hiring you too if they have a hard time understanding what you are saying. it dosen't mean u don't speak good english, its just that with the accent, its hard to pass info along. But if u get a job where all u need is ur hands, language dosen't matter.Those kinds of jobs are not what i would recommend for a brotha.
And pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssssee when u get here, try not to sound American because u will be sounding very funny and making fun of yourself too. I have a hard time calling my friend who just came to Nigeria to the states like 4 months ago, he tries to speak yanki to me on the phone but i can hardly understand what what the heck his saying cuz he sounds really really funny.

Keep ur accent as most girlz love guys with an accent.:cool:

na wa oh

Someone who has not been to the States before and has no job needs atleast 3 months of help when they get there to be able to adjust.
Yes, u might get a job from Mcdonalds but if you have a very thick accent like most Nigerians do, most people will not understand what the hell you are talking about and u probably will be sent to the back by the manager. I mean dish washing area. haha
Again, some companies might have a hard time hiring you too if they have a hard time understanding what you are saying. it dosen't mean u don't speak good english, its just that with the accent, its hard to pass info along. But if u get a job where all u need is ur hands, language dosen't matter.Those kinds of jobs are not what i would recommend for a brotha.
And pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssssee when u get here, try not to sound American because u will be sounding very funny and making fun of yourself too. I have a hard time calling my friend who just came to Nigeria to the states like 4 months ago, he tries to speak yanki to me on the phone but i can hardly understand what what the heck his saying cuz he sounds really really funny.

Keep ur accent as most girlz love guys with an accent.:cool:

what u said about the accent thing is very correct. and the yanke I wanna, wanna, na real big deal, but wetin person go do.
All anyone needs to do is relax and fit in naturally,
The job issue can be stressful atimes, but God will do it.

This site is for our digestion
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/national-09-10-2007-009.htm

God Bless You All.

It was indeed a great fit for jyries for the initiative and am glad God crowned your effort.

Kudos to everyone contributing to enlighten winners.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

My advise to winners that have gotten Visa and are graduate, please get started with a process of evaluationg your credentials/certificates i.e, apply for your academic transcript to be forwarded to foreign academic evaluation agencies in the US( there are lots of them e.g http://www.facsusa.com/). there are many more u can search on google. They will evaluate your certificate and grade it to US equivalent in terms of Credit hours earned.then the certifcate becomes recognised.

Please dont ever believe what people say that Nigerian Certifcates are not recognised ooooo. its a lie. most people dont have the legal documents, original SSN to work so they can't put up their certificated in the first place if they have.

The job might not come immediately, but it will usually come! for me I think with God favour, Luck and confidence ave been able to get a regular Job with a Nigerian Certificate. "No string attached, No connections!!!!!!. just believe in your God and have confidence at interviews.

Praise God. There are opportunity in America, if you are a "Legal".

God Bless you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

visa collected 25/05/07
POE:)6/11/07.
SSN/Green card collected.
Resumed on an Accounting Position 09/14/07.

Thanks guys.. what more can I say..........You all are far too kind!!!

I appreciate!!!

We Got It!

Just to let you all know that we received our visas yesterday.
Thanks you all for your kind thoughts and wishes.

GOD bless you all.

thank GOd

GOD bless you all.
i also picked up my visa yesterday....
congrats...i was actually looking out 4u yesterday..guess u where d one on a pink top,white collar, black skirt, black shoe?
actually i was the guy wit the terrible cold. well i really thank God hw everytin went..all i can just say is THANK U LORD.

i also picked up my visa yesterday....
congrats...i was actually looking out 4u yesterday..guess u where d one on a pink top,white collar, black skirt, black shoe?
actually i was the guy wit the terrible cold. well i really thank God hw everytin went..all i can just say is THANK U LORD.

I was the one with the braids hair do with a traditional Kente top with a Jean pant alongside a red mufler(Shoel) around my waist or so.

Congrat!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It was indeed a great fit for jyries for the initiative and am glad God crowned your effort.

Kudos to everyone contributing to enlighten winners.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

My advise to winners that have gotten Visa and are graduate, please get started with a process of evaluationg your credentials/certificates i.e, apply for your academic transcript to be forwarded to foreign academic evaluation agencies in the US( there are lots of them e.g http://www.facsusa.com/). there are many more u can search on google. They will evaluate your certificate and grade it to US equivalent in terms of Credit hours earned.then the certifcate becomes recognised.

Please dont ever believe what people say that Nigerian Certifcates are not recognised ooooo. its a lie. most people dont have the legal documents, original SSN to work so they can't put up their certificated in the first place if they have.

The job might not come immediately, but it will usually come! for me I think with God favour, Luck and confidence ave been able to get a regular Job with a Nigerian Certificate. "No string attached, No connections!!!!!!. just believe in your God and have confidence at interviews.

Praise God. There are opportunity in America, if you are a "Legal".

God Bless you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

visa collected 25/05/07
POE:)6/11/07.
SSN/Green card collected.
Resumed on an Accounting Position 09/14/07.

My dear,thanks so much for this info.It quite encouraging and i am sure many of us will find it so useful.
god bless u.

You deserve it!!!!

GOD bless you all.

Jrcies, you and your family deserve it, glory be to God in highest for you, He's a faithful Father.
So, which State are you coming to?

Yosab,
I am most grateful for your information. I was really scared of what will bcome of us in USA infact this was what delay my travelling. But now I will enter November ending to take my own inheritance.

Thanks So MUCH.

Congrats

I was the one the braids hair do with a traditional Kente top with a Jean pant alongside a red mufler(Shoel) around my waist or so.

Congrat!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I am so happy for you. which state are you coming in the US? I will like to know and probably meet youif possible.

Regards!!!!!.

i noticed u

I was the one the braids hair do with a traditional Kente top with a Jean pant alongside a red mufler(Shoel) around my waist or so.

Congrat!!!
yeah i noticed u...u came in a bit late...u're quit tall all dressed in kente..sitting xtreme left....nice work starting the forum.