• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

thank God for you

:D i've waited a long time for this moment when i'd be oppurtuned to post my own interview experience...

my interview came up on 19/9/07. i got to the embassy a few mins, past 5 and realised i was the very first person to arrive. like 5 mins later, a man showed up n lots of others followed. at about 6 0'clock, they asked us to form a queue. i was given ticket no. DV13 n proceeded into the embassy at about 6:45am . i waited till around 8:30, when i was called to window 6 to submit my documents after paying the $375 to the cashier. after doing that, i waited in the lobby till 1pm when some of us were moved to the interview lobby. i was calm, but i started gettin a little nervous when about three people were rejected for one reason or the other.. a girl had A1 in maths and was asked to write one algebraic equation. she couldnt, and was immediately rejected. anyways i was called to window 7 at about 1:25pm for my interview... which went like this;

consular(lady): raise your right hand and do u promise to tell the truth?
me: i do (like say na marriage)
i then did my fingerprints
consular: whats your name
me: yak yak yak
consular: when and where were u born
me: yak yak
consular : what secondary school did u finish from
me : bla bla
consular: what year did u finish?
me: i told her
consular: what was your best subject
me: geography
consular: tell me about geography
me: i started defining geography, but she stopped me immediately, saying i should tell her something thats not a definition.. i liked that coz i knew she was eventually going to ask about my present course of study: urban & regional planning, so to avoid the long process, i killed both birds with one stone.. by telling her what geography is, and relating it directly to my course.. at the end of my lecture, i obviously impressed her with that coz now her little smile had grown wide and she started typing on the system
consular: what do u think about the demolitions in abuja
me: yap yap yap
consular: give me a minute
she got up to pick something which i was sure was my pick up slip
consular: so why do u opt to go to the us
me: i told her
consular: if u still wanna study planning, theres a good school at auburne, new york where.... bla bla
me: ok
consular: congrats!! n welcome to the us ..heres your pick up slip... n bla bla
me: thanks a lot.. have a nice day

mmeeeen, all this dint take more than 4 mins. and was actually 100 times easier than i thought coz it was smiles all the way.. so those yet to have their interviews, just relax n be urself. thnx to God for letting this come to pass, and one love to all the beautiful houx members who have been their brothers keeper... thnx, n i luv u all.

thank God for you you are welcome to the dream land

Hello all

Hi everybody,
I'm sorry for not around for a while, I actually went for my Registry and Introduction. How's everybody doing?
Take care.

no

Congratulations, St-Kris. I have been waiting to hear this news since your last post.
Godspeed as you launch out to America. It is well.
It appears that you and Jercies are the last members of the 07 forum. After you collect your visa, with the permission of the House, I will move a motion to adjourn the 07 forum and then reconvene all other matters in the 08 forum. The activity in the '08 has already picked up very fast in the last few days as people gear up for the October interviews

i think people should be able to say the experience after the dream land, so i dont think that the forum should close like that.
Fine 2008 is picking up, but we still need people's experience.

Congratulations to everybody, job welldone Mamaj, stann, Ben and others, pls dv 2009 will be coming up by oct 3rd, pls partake and God's favour shall be upon u
Jcries God bless you for this briliant forum

Big up all of us

hello everyone, went for my 2nd interview yesterday..was told to pick up my visa october 10 i really thank God for this forum.

Birth Certificate

Pls i want the house to look @ my birth certificate i collected from NPC. Is this the exact one required?. It looks like an ordinary affidavit of age.

Those that had their interviews should kindly respond.

CN 2008AF0007xxx
Waiting for second letter

Pls i want the house to look @ my birth certificate i collected from NPC. Is this the exact one required?. It looks like an ordinary affidavit of age.

CN 2008AF0007xxx

where is the certificate?

2009 DV Nigerian Time

Below is the starting date and time for DV 2009, great people in the house, can anybody tell us the Nigerian time for DV 2009

Online entry will be available during the registration period beginning at noon EDT (GMT-4) on October 3, 2007 and ending at noon EST (GMT-5) on December 2, 2007.

God bless u all, wishing u all the best of luck.

Swift

CN 2008AF0007xxx

If you got it from NPC, then that is it:) !!!

Tres bien

hello everyone, went for my 2nd interview yesterday..was told to pick up my visa october 10 i really thank God for this forum.
Congratulations, Cestmoi. I was beginning to wonder what happened, since the WAEC verification should have taken place on July 12.
Please my brother, what happened on the 2nd interview? what did they ask? Why did they want a 2nd interview? You know that we all want to know the "blow-by-blow" account.[ no fighting, ooo]
I beg, anybody know what happened to Obinna; dv-2007 ends in 2 days.

Have Faith You All

kris Nice To Hear That You Got Your Visa.[/b][/b][/b] All Pals I Want To Cheep Something To Your All.. I Want You To Understand That America Was Made By God. All You Need To Do Is Talk To God, Forget About The Question That Would Be Asked At The Consulate...have Trust In God For He Says If You Have Faith In Me All You Ask For Would Be Granted...don't Fear Dnt Fret, For The Lord Is With You All. For He Has Set His Angel Incharge Of You All. I'm For Dv 2008 And My Appointment Is Coming Up Very Soon, Pretty Soon. [/i] Just Pray Anf Fast, Above All Have Faith And Trust In God. For The Question They Are To Ask Is Just To Know Whom You Says U're...as For Me I Won't Be Asked Any Question Cuz My Interview Will Be Conducted By Angel Of God And I See No Reason For Question....just Chatting!!!!! Lets Share Our Opinion.....if You Are Not Qualified God Will Qualify You....cheer Up Pals!!

Folks,Yesterday 12 - 09 -07 was our Interview.
We were scheduled for 7a.m appointment... and was there till 5 p.m.
But was glad because, I knew the long waiting game was getting to an end.
To be honest with you guys, the tension was so high, considering the fact that the FY is getting to end and that many people were been disqualified for one reason or the other.
But because of God love and favour for us,we were able to scale through.
And when the young lady finished drilling us, I was like, so, this is it!!!

PROCESS
After taking my husband fingerprints and mine,
The lady swiftly asked my husband how and where he met me.

He answered.....

She asked what he does for a living

He answered....

She went further by asking him about his qualifications,job title and so on...

Since my husband is into the ICT stuff
He was bombareded with alot questions on,Database,Programming,A+,...that I can't even remember some...at that point, I was like, God! am I not the principle applicant that is to be asked most of the questions...?

But guys, God is always faithfully, My man really made me proud by answering all the young strict lady questions.

After she was satisfied with him, she then asked him to go get a sit that it was my turn...

She asked me where I was born,
The high school I attended
The University I am into
Where I live and my best subject and which was not Biology,but I had to Biology but because I had B3 in it.
I was asked to talk about the practical I had during my waec.
Then also talked about the course I was studing...

Then finally,she asked of our wedding pictures, asked questions on it.

She then smiled, asking us to come with our medicals.

God is indeed faithful....

Thank you guys for all your support and prayers

Congratulationssssssssssssssssssssss my girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Am so happy for ya!!!:D
I actually came on board coz of you, to open my page and see that your interview was successful;) am so happy for you. God has rewarded ya.
Hello houseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Men this year's interview for nigerians is sweetttttttttttttt ohhh :D 6300???????????????? for october???????????? this is good news for dv 2008 winners:D
How i wish:p
Modest Man!!!! long timeeeeeeee!!! I miss everyone. Good to know that everyone that went for interview from this house got their visas. This is good and God:cool:
Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

MamaJ

I actually came on board coz of you, to open my page and see that your interview was successful;) am so happy for you. God has rewarded ya.
Hello houseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Men this year's interview for nigerians is sweetttttttttttttt ohhh :D 6300???????????????? for october???????????? this is good news for dv 2008 winners:D
Modest Man!!!! long timeeeeeeee!!! I miss everyone. Good to know that everyone that went for interview from this house got their visas. This is good and God:cool:

good to read from u. i feel you

Good to hear from you MamaJ, was beginning to wonder where you have been hiding:p

I thought of the same when I saw DV 08 Bulletin.

All the best!

kris Nice To Hear That You Got Your Visa.[/b][/b][/b] All Pals I Want To Cheep Something To Your All.. I Want You To Understand That America Was Made By God. All You Need To Do Is Talk To God, Forget About The Question That Would Be Asked At The Consulate...have Trust In God For He Says If You Have Faith In Me All You Ask For Would Be Granted...don't Fear Dnt Fret, For The Lord Is With You All. For He Has Set His Angel Incharge Of You All. I'm For Dv 2008 And My Appointment Is Coming Up Very Soon, Pretty Soon. [/i] Just Pray Anf Fast, Above All Have Faith And Trust In God. For The Question They Are To Ask Is Just To Know Whom You Says U're...as For Me I Won't Be Asked Any Question Cuz My Interview Will Be Conducted By Angel Of God And I See No Reason For Question....just Chatting!!!!! Lets Share Our Opinion.....if You Are Not Qualified God Will Qualify You....cheer Up Pals!!

I like your faith ooooooooo!!!! I must tell ya, what you said is very possible....I saw a guys that was asked to tell the truth and nothing but the truth...and that was it!!!

But it happens once in.....:D

Halliluyah..with Faith we can move mountain..What Is it faith can't do.? But then i wonder who's faith is as big as the mustard seed. Listen.. If you come to embassy with fake papers You will be automatically be disqualified Because faith and sin do not work together.:D

where is Adebayo

Hey house where is Pastor in the house Adebayo.. How come he suddenly disappear from the house without any one ordained to take over the pastoral mantle from him. or has he traveled out?. c'mon pastor, come over to Macedonia (2008 Dv thread) and help us there...