• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

This is to inform this lovely house that i pick up our 4 visas on monday. Many thanks to Jrcies, Adebayo, modest, sinexworldwide, Baba D and many more. It's been wonderful being with you in this forum.

To the forum member who are yet to be interviewed, You shall receive DIVINE FAVOR in JESUS name. Amen.

I love you all....

Congratulations to you Baba D and Valentino. The Lord will remain good to you as you proceed to excel in the States.
Thank you for the good news.

This is to inform this lovely house that i pick up our 4 visas on monday. Many thanks to Jrcies, Adebayo, modest, sinexworldwide, Baba D and many more. It's been wonderful being with you in this forum.

To the forum member who are yet to be interviewed, You shall receive DIVINE FAVOR in JESUS name. Amen.

I love you all....

I AM HAPPY FOR U.OHHHHHHHHHH

I love you all....

Congrats!

hello my broda please i have the same problem with my passport, how did u go about it please. let me know. thanks

A Big congratulations to the new winners, As we get to God's own country, my prayer is that we will not miss the purpose of God 4 this miracles. Please anyone that will get there before ending of October should please brief us how the entry point is like.

hi modest.hw re u enjoying yankee?modest am not really happy with the way house member ignored my question some wks back.it was only pastor adebayo that gave a quick advise.anyway my worries then was that,on my international passport,am place of birth was mistaken for my home town.but initially i had plans of changing my passport,but when i went to npc for birth cert,you will be required to drop photocopy of ur passport data page,the officer then advised that i could take my passport back to immigration office for observation.
i wanted a new passport though,but my confidant at the passport office told the the promblem with issusing passport ,which she could not gurantee with the passport will come out and my cp is coming soon,so i advised them to do the observation for me.which was done ,duly stamped and dated.after that i have sent so many mails to kcc and lagos embassy for their information,but i got no reply from them.
Now i want to send the letter to lagos embassy by post with thephotocopy of my data page annd the observation page.
now i cannot change the passport again cos i have sent mail to them with scanned copy of the photopage and observation page.
ur opinion is all i need now and ur prayers.thanks

advise needed.

OGA, WHICH PROBLEM EXACTLY, CAN U BE MORE EXPLICIT
hi modest.hw re u enjoying yankee?modest am not really happy with the way house member ignored my question some wks back.it was only pastor adebayo that gave a quick advise.anyway my worries then was that,on my international passport,am place of birth was mistaken for my home town.but initially i had plans of changing my passport,but when i went to npc for birth cert,you will be required to drop photocopy of ur passport data page,the officer then advised that i could take my passport back to immigration office for observation.
i wanted a new passport though,but my confidant at the passport office told the the promblem with issusing passport ,which she could not gurantee with the passport will come out and my cp is coming soon,so i advised them to do the observation for me.which was done ,duly stamped and dated.after that i have sent so many mails to kcc and lagos embassy for their information,but i got no reply from them.
Now i want to send the letter to lagos embassy by post with thephotocopy of my data page annd the observation page.
now i cannot change the passport again cos i have sent mail to them with scanned copy of the photopage and observation page.

You really do not need to scan or send any documents/passport pages to KCC or the Embassy. If you had the correct place of birth on your DV application, then all you need to do is explain to the consular officer who interviews you that there was a mistake of place of birth on your pasport, so u had the Nigerian Immigration make an obervation in front of the passport with the correct birth place. i don't think this is going to be any problem at all.

And you didn't get a response from the embassy when u scanned your passport probably because they have no clue as to what you are talking about.
The yankee lady who must have seen the passport would have said" He changed his place of birth, so what the F*** are my suppose to do about it""Haha
We need to stop getting all worked up about nothin.

And you didn't get a response from the embassy when u scanned your passport probably because they have no clue as to what you are talking about.
The yankee lady who must have seen the passport would have said" He changed his place of birth, so what the F*** are my suppose to do about it""Haha
We need to stop getting all worked up about nothin.

I was about saying that, i am not an immigration officer nor a consular officer but all i know about this whole thing is that its not as hot as most of us see it, we should stop worrying over nothing, there was a mistake on your passport and the observation from passport office has covered it if not why the observation in the first place? if asked any related question on the day of your interview present the observation page to the consular officer as your proof. Shikena!

Last edited by a moderator:
u know why

I was about saying that, i am not an immigration officer nor a consular officer but all i know about this whole thing is that its not as hot as most of us see it, we should stop worrying over nothing, there was a mistake on your passport and the observation from passport office has covered it if not why the observation in the first place? if asked any related question on the day of your interview present the observation page to the consular officer as your proof. Shikena!

am sure most people worry about nothing, becos of the way they treat nigerians, i dont blame the guy, the observation is very ok, since im mind no gree rest he would have changed the pali,
but now he don scan the thing give them and they have it attached to his file, though they didnt reply his mail. so he has to use the pali and we all pray all will be well

:D i've waited a long time for this moment when i'd be oppurtuned to post my own interview experience...

my interview came up on 19/9/07. i got to the embassy a few mins, past 5 and realised i was the very first person to arrive. like 5 mins later, a man showed up n lots of others followed. at about 6 0'clock, they asked us to form a queue. i was given ticket no. DV13 n proceeded into the embassy at about 6:45am . i waited till around 8:30, when i was called to window 6 to submit my documents after paying the $375 to the cashier. after doing that, i waited in the lobby till 1pm when some of us were moved to the interview lobby. i was calm, but i started gettin a little nervous when about three people were rejected for one reason or the other.. a girl had A1 in maths and was asked to write one algebraic equation. she couldnt, and was immediately rejected. anyways i was called to window 7 at about 1:25pm for my interview... which went like this;

consular(lady): raise your right hand and do u promise to tell the truth?
me: i do (like say na marriage)
i then did my fingerprints
consular: whats your name
me: yak yak yak
consular: when and where were u born
me: yak yak
consular : what secondary school did u finish from
me : bla bla
consular: what year did u finish?
me: i told her
consular: what was your best subject
me: geography
consular: tell me about geography
me: i started defining geography, but she stopped me immediately, saying i should tell her something thats not a definition.. i liked that coz i knew she was eventually going to ask about my present course of study: urban & regional planning, so to avoid the long process, i killed both birds with one stone.. by telling her what geography is, and relating it directly to my course.. at the end of my lecture, i obviously impressed her with that coz now her little smile had grown wide and she started typing on the system
consular: what do u think about the demolitions in abuja
me: yap yap yap
consular: give me a minute
she got up to pick something which i was sure was my pick up slip
consular: so why do u opt to go to the us
consular: if u still wanna study planning, theres a good school at auburne, new york where.... bla bla
me: ok
consular: congrats!! n welcome to the us ..heres your pick up slip... n bla bla
me: thanks a lot.. have a nice day

mmeeeen, all this dint take more than 4 mins. and was actually 100 times easier than i thought coz it was smiles all the way.. so those yet to have their interviews, just relax n be urself. thnx to God for letting this come to pass, and one love to all the beautiful houx members who have been their brothers keeper... thnx, n i luv u all.

Congratulations, it shall be permanent.

congrats

:D i've waited a long time for this moment when i'd be oppurtuned to post my own interview experience...

my interview came up on 19/9/07. i got to the embassy a few mins, past 5 and realised i was the very first person to arrive. like 5 mins later, a man showed up n lots of others followed. at about 6 0'clock, they asked us to form a queue. i was given ticket no. DV13 n proceeded into the embassy at about 6:45am . i waited till around 8:30, when i was called to window 6 to submit my documents after paying the $375 to the cashier. after doing that, i waited in the lobby till 1pm when some of us were moved to the interview lobby. i was calm, but i started gettin a little nervous when about three people were rejected for one reason or the other.. a girl had A1 in maths and was asked to write one algebraic equation. she couldnt, and was immediately rejected. anyways i was called to window 7 at about 1:25pm for my interview... which went like this;

me: i started defining geography, but she stopped me immediately, saying i should tell her something thats not a definition.. i liked that coz i knew she was eventually going to ask about my present course of study: urban & regional planning, so to avoid the long process, i killed both birds with one stone.. by telling her what geography is, and relating it directly to my course.. at the end of my lecture, i obviously impressed her with that coz now her little smile had grown wide and she started typing on the system
consular: if u still wanna study planning, theres a good school at auburne, new york where.... bla bla

mmeeeen, all this dint take more than 4 mins. and was actually 100 times easier than i thought coz it was smiles all the way.. so those yet to have their interviews, just relax n be urself. thnx to God for letting this come to pass, and one love to all the beautiful houx members who have been their brothers keeper... thnx, n i luv u all.

i am so happy for you, and i also tap into that anointing of favour. welcome to america

Nice to hear that you got the visa. Quite unfortunate the A1 student didnt get the visa. I don't think she was rejected cuz she couldn't solve a math problem or whatever u said. i think there's more to it. Good luck to you and welcome to America.

I have been waiting

Congratulations, St-Kris. I have been waiting to hear this news since your last post.
Godspeed as you launch out to America. It is well.
It appears that you and Jercies are the last members of the 07 forum. After you collect your visa, with the permission of the House, I will move a motion to adjourn the 07 forum and then reconvene all other matters in the 08 forum. The activity in the '08 has already picked up very fast in the last few days as people gear up for the October interviews