• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Some body help me shout haleluya! Our God is faithful ! He did mine too easily.
Remember my interview was rescheduled last june for lateness. I believe God used the delay for my good. Had my interviews today and men it was successful. Once bitten twice shy, i got to the embassy b4 6am and we checked in just about 7am.
interview proper:
officer:good morning and how are you today?
me: I am fine. Thank you.
Officer:can you raise your right hand up? (i did) Do you promise to tell the truth?
Me : I promise to tell the truth
officer :We just want to be sure these documents are actually yours okay. When was the the first time you sat for waec?
me : gave yr and month.
officer: Any other time?
me : yes, gave yr and month
officer :why did you seat for the exam the 2nd time?
me: To study economics( i studied economics) i needed to get a good grade in mathematics which i didn't do well the first time
officer :What course did you study?
me : economics
officer: which university
me : university of portHarcourt
officer : what was your research project on?
me: The search for an effective and efficient value added tax system in nigeria.
officer : And do you think there can be an efficient tax system in Nigeria?
me: What prompted me do that research was what i discovered when i worked with an accounting/tax firm before my graduation. We were involved in tax revenue generation for various state govts. Some machineries were put in place and company tax audits were vigorously conducted and enforced.
The firm generated astonishing tax revenue within a given tax year over and above what the ministries where generating in 5yrs. Therefore i believe if the loop holes in our tax systems are taken care of and tax audits properly conducted and enforced, other things being equal, sure, we can achieve an efficient tax system in nigeria.
officer: Thank you very much. Pls come pick your visa sept date

Emmanuel GOD WITH US.
Congratulations Busayo. I am happy for you. Please let us know if there is anything you observed while at the embassy that we can guide against or watch out for.
God bless you and happy 55th annual convention.
It is well.

Bussie Bussie, congrats!!!!!!!! o ti se o, baba ti se o, ohun to nba e leru baba ti se o, o ti se:D :D (daddy has done it, that thing that gives you fear, daddy has done it)

Last edited by a moderator:
hi houx

Busayo congrat! Coooooooooooongrat!
Hope you are now planning how to move out as soon u can lay ur hands on every other things u may need to go with to the state.
Congrat! 2 to every other people with a successsful interview.

Have a nice day.

Praise The Lord

Our appointment took place in the morning today;pls see my experience below;

* We left home around 5:30 am and got to the Embassy at 6:00pm.
* We went in 7:25am and did all the necessary things to be done inside before waiting to be called for interview proper.
* My wife was the principal applicant.
* Our interview was unique because i & the two kids stayed with her with the interviewer throughout the session. They did not ask me or the kids to go and sit down while the mother was being interviewed. This was nothing but divine favour as the interviewer gave me opportunity to remind her of a thing she forgot during the interview. The questions were very simple & very few and lasted only about 10 Minutes for everything;

Questions
1. Tell me your names
2. what is your date of birth?
3. what is the qualification possessed?
4. When did you sit for WAEC & how many times?
5. Why did you sit for WAEC the 2nd time?
6. Questions on the highest grade in WAEC? - (questions on Foods & Nutrition - tell me about the subject & which Food is required for the growth of kids?) (Govt - question on Democracy)
7. What are you doing currently?
8.Show me your wedding pictures
9.No question on her higher degree
10. most of the questions on picture were answered by my daughter
11. We were told 'Welcome to USA', we received the PINK form & she told us to arrange payment of balance & pick Visa in Sept.

* We went in 7:25am and did all the necessary things to be done inside before waiting to be called for interview proper.
* Our interview was unique because i & the two kids stayed with her with the interviewer throughout the session. They did not ask me or the kids to go and sit down while the mother was being interviewed. This was nothing but divine favour as the interviewer gave me opportunity to remind her of a thing she forgot during the interview. The questions were very simple & very few and lasted only about 10 Minutes for everything;

Questions
1. Tell me your names
6. Questions on the highest grade in WAEC? - (questions on Foods & Nutrition - tell me about the subject & which Food is required for the growth of kids?) (Govt - question on Democracy)
11. We were told 'Welcome to USA', we received the PINK form & she told us to arrange payment of balance & pick Visa in Sept.

Lizzy,
Congratulationssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
Please what form (Affidavit of Support) did you use? I-134 or which one.
Thanks.

Questions
1. Tell me your names

Congrats!

Lizzy congratulations!

Relax and cool off those struggles...Enjoy the euphoria!
Hopefully you may give us other gists @ the embassy.

jrcies, can we have a collection of our success record in the house since October '06 till date?

Did anyone notice that the pages on this thread has been moderated??

my observations

my people,
1. These oyinbos are very intelligent and extra abi extremely meticulous. Your documents are screened to every dot.
2. They read your body language.
3. They are very courteous abi wetin be the spelling sef. They treat you with respect except they find you/your docs fraudulent.
4. As at the day of my interview, i observed that most naigas working at the embassy were rather too harsh for my liking( may be they all woke up on the wrong side of the bed that day sha ). They come off irritated easily and gets so impatient with fellow naigas. They are rude and if one is not careful, they could make you loose your cool and that might affect ur disposition for the interview proper. Unfortunately, you get to meet these naiga"witches" b4 the oyibos. My advice, dont let any one make you loose ur cool for any reason no matter how irritated they try to make you feel. May be na part of their work be dat sef to reduce the number of people wey go get the visa. Therefore be on guard.
5. For married people. Pls be extra careful. Get enough pictures of your marriage, pre marriage photos,every and any thing that can substantiate the authenticity of your union. Be prepared to be drilled. A lady almost would have being denied visa, because from her statement of when she met her husband who had already gone some few years back,how long they courted and when they got married, the white guy sharp sharp calculate am . She was 13yrs when she started going out with her husband. God just help her sha . Another young couple were sharply disqualified and banned from ever entering the US for fake marriage/docs. Another banned for fake waec results. Good God, these oyibos come off wild when they detect fake docs. Especially now that we are already at "injury time". They get nasty with anything suspicious. Pls be careful.
6.My advice as an antidote to tackle the naiga "witches":
a. Pray for favor and calmness of your own spirit on that day
b. Arrange your docs properly such that you can quickly and easily bring out whatever is asked of you fast. In my case i got 2 flat files, one for all original docs and the other for photocopies. I used stick- on-paper on each group of the arranged docs indicating e.g educational certs, birth cert etc. One couple wey na the wify be principal winner, the wife
was quite organized but her hubby, na area scater and the naiga officer, trust them was real nasty and impatient with them. The hubby almost lost his cool though he wore a suit, the guy vex the thing show for him face. The naiga officer yab them so teeeey,.... she yab the kind passport photograph them present. She say the hubby "looked horrible even inside the passport". Imagine the poor guy. The guy vex no be small but nothing him fit do .
c. Keep ur cool and be confident. Dont rush to answer questions. Speak boldly and maintain eye contact with the onyibo. Relax, nothing go fall from up wey the ground no go fit carry. Relax!
d. Above all,pray for the presence of the Holy Spirit and God's glory to go with you. Non can resist the glory of God you know.
It is well with us all and for those yet to attend their interviews, I pray that God who did mine easily and several others too will grant you favor and a good testimony too.

Lizzy congratulations!

Relax and cool off those struggles...Enjoy the euphoria!
Hopefully you may give us other gists @ the embassy.

jrcies, can we have a collection of our success record in the house since October '06 till date?

Did anyone notice that the pages on this thread has been moderated??

Yes they have, the pages are compressed, remember on this our thread we had up tp 145 pages b4 now it has been compressed to 73pages
and the names are smaller and written in red fonts.

my people,
1. These oyinbos are very intelligent and extra abi extremely meticulous. Your documents are screened to every dot.
2. They read your body language.
3. They are very courteous abi wetin be the spelling sef. They treat you with respect except they find you/your docs fraudulent.
4. As at the day of my interview, i observed that most naigas working at the embassy were rather too harsh for my liking( may be they all woke up on the wrong side of the bed that day sha ). They come off irritated easily and gets so impatient with fellow naigas. They are rude and if one is not careful, they could make you loose your cool and that might affect ur disposition for the interview proper. Unfortunately, you get to meet these naiga"witches" b4 the oyibos. My advice, dont let any one make you loose ur cool for any reason no matter how irritated they try to make you feel. May be na part of their work be dat sef to reduce the number of people wey go get the visa. Therefore be on guard.
5. For married people. Pls be extra careful. Get enough pictures of your marriage, pre marriage photos,every and any thing that can substantiate the authenticity of your union. Be prepared to be drilled. A lady almost would have being denied visa, because from her statement of when she met her husband who had already gone some few years back,how long they courted and when they got married, the white guy sharp sharp calculate am . She was 13yrs when she started going out with her husband. God just help her sha . Another young couple were sharply disqualified and banned from ever entering the US for fake marriage/docs. Another banned for fake waec results. Good God, these oyibos come off wild when they detect fake docs. Especially now that we are already at "injury time". They get nasty with anything suspicious. Pls be careful.
6.My advice as an antidote to tackle the naiga "witches":
a. Pray for favor and calmness of your own spirit on that day
b. Arrange your docs properly such that you can quickly and easily bring out whatever is asked of you fast. In my case i got 2 flat files, one for all original docs and the other for photocopies. I used stick- on-paper on each group of the arranged docs indicating e.g educational certs, birth cert etc. One couple wey na the wify be principal winner, the wife
was quite organized but her hubby, na area scater and the naiga officer, trust them was real nasty and impatient with them. The hubby almost lost his cool though he wore a suit, the guy vex the thing show for him face. The naiga officer yab them so teeeey,.... she yab the kind passport photograph them present. She say the hubby "looked horrible even inside the passport". Imagine the poor guy. The guy vex no be small but nothing him fit do .
c. Keep ur cool and be confident. Dont rush to answer questions. Speak boldly and maintain eye contact with the onyibo. Relax, nothing go fall from up wey the ground no go fit carry. Relax!
d. Above all,pray for the presence of the Holy Spirit and God's glory to go with you. Non can resist the glory of God you know.
It is well with us all and for those yet to attend their interviews, I pray that God who did mine easily and several others too will grant you favor and a good testimony too.

Busayo you are right, you see during my own interview too i was angered:( but thank God for his peace in our heart, imagine one of the guards saying why are shaking? while i wasn't, are u not coming here to say the truth? if you tell lies the oyinbo will send you out.... I looked at him and i was like does this man know me from adams? Why this rubbish talk? I kept my cool, even those Mopols outside are more friendlier than those Consulate guards, very rude, very naughty maybe they are jealous or something i can't say...., i was opportuned to witness a scenerio, it goes like this;

a guy came in with a hand bag, i think the guy put it somewhere on the floor, one guard came to him saying he should remove it from there and the guy said to where or should he swallow it? imagine the guard said i don't care'' and that was what got the guy angry, he started shouting on top of his voice that ''AM AN AMERICAN CITIZEN I CAN NOT ALLOW THIS S..T, u know their language, I CAME IN TO NIGERIA TO PICK MY WIFE AND THIS ID..T IS TALKING RUBBISH TO ME'' mennnnn they beg this guy die, he no gree o, until one white guy carry am go inside, so u can see how these guys are, one needs the grace of God to keep cool. Don't let anyone advise u wrongly, don't listen to them, with this thread alone you are covered.
DV2008 winners pls take note.

I call HIM Faithful

Dear Friends,
what else can i say than to tell Baba God thank you sir for everything you have done for me. 2005, I was denied a Study Permit by thesame country who count me worthy to be a citizen now.
My people, I will brief you my interview experience, but before then I just want to tell you, that Heaven and Earth can pass away but none of God's word will pass without being fulfilled, He's a FAITHFUL father, is there any area you have been disappointed before, go back to HIM and re-negotiate, He will do it this time around.
I got to Embassy with my Fiancee at exactly 5:15am from Lekki where we slept, we were there till 7am when we were ask to queue, actully b4 that time there had been so many confusion from the security, but upon all I remain calmed.
After I entered, I Interview was conducted by a white man who fell in love with me, you know now, Divine Favour. Mke I no lie, the man wire me question, but it was all fun.
White man : could you pls lift up your right hand and swear that all you will say is nothn but the truth.
Me : I did what he asked me to do.
White man: How did you feel when you were told you won lottery?
Me : I felt cool.
Oyinbo : How many times did u write WAEC
Me : I told him
Oyinbo : What do you do now:
Me : I work in a Bank
Oyinbo : Do you sleep floor ( smiling)
Me : Do I resenble a floor sweeper? laugh also, I told him my function.
Oyinbo(he received call, went for about 5 min, then come back) sorry for the interlude, so, how's your Fiancee?( I guess all the mails I sent to KCC when i was trying to marry was also sent to them)
Me : She's fine,
Oyinbo : Where's she?
Me : She's outside the gate.
Oyinbo : Why didn't you marry her again? does that mean you have not done anything on her like traditional?
Me: Yes, but you know now, everything is on money.
Oyinbo : (He gave me my form) Could you please write her full name at the back?
Me : kia , I don write am(he received another call went for another 3 minutes)
Oyinbo : sorry, tell me about your Project In school
Me : Electronic 4-Keys combinational door lock
Oyinbo : what does that mean?
Me : I explained
Oyinbo : Tell me your Matric Number
Me: (I forgot) I said smillingly, it's in the document i gave to you, I've forgotten it.
Oyinbo : Why?
Me: It's been long!
Oyinbo : Congratulation! You have been found eligible to be become USA citizen in a soonest period.
He gave me the Yellow form and gave me the date for Pick Up.

People of God, I prophesy to your life, you will not be disappointed, people will not ask you where's your God, the Lord that helped me thus this far will help you all.
Everybody in the house, thanks so much for your contribution. I owe you guys alot.

sinexworldwide tell me the white guy that interviewed was at window7 se?
that's the guy that interviewed me too, becos he first asked how i felt when i heard the news too...
mennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn congrats am happy for you, pls more testimonies in this house, God is good all the time.

Woke up this morning.... lying in bed, I was asking myself.... what are some of the secrets of success in life? I found the answers right there, in my very room. The fan said : be cool. The roof said : aim high. The window said : see the world. The clock said : every minute is precious. The mirror said : reflect before you act. The calendar said : be updated. The door said : push hard for your goals. "If you do, you will, but if you don't, you won't. If you're not able, you don't have to....Good day and do have a fruitful day all...!

got a call from embassy

hello guys, got a call from d embassy on monday dat i've been scheduled for an appointment for sep 24th...will i b interviewed again???does anyone know hw d admin process works??
About the pages shrinkin' does any one av an idea why it happened?? a very nice day to everyone.....

hello guys, got a call from d embassy on monday dat i've been scheduled for an appointment for sep 24th...will i b interviewed again???does anyone know hw d admin process works??
About the pages shrinkin' does any one av an idea why it happened?? a very nice day to everyone.....

cestmoi, there is something i don't understand here, when you went for your interview, was there any problem? were you given any letter saying you should come back on another date or what? why this long? what's this processing thing all about? anyway try and get there on sep 24th and let's see watz up? but am sure its for good.
The pages are shrinking becos we have been moved to a bigger platform. All the best.

Congrats Lizzy and Sinexworldwide and everyone else who had a successful interview.

It is wonderful to read all the success stories. All the best to you all.

Congrats Sinexworldwide!
Its a wonderful one!

Did u have any other information for the house? Like other observations, usual/unusual events, major happening etcetra.

Enjoy the euphoria brother!

God is good.

Congratulations to all who had their interviews. The Lord is faithful. God favour will not cease in this house. Amen.