• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Family men in this house, come to our rescue now. Please which Affidavit of Support form did your Sponsor filled? Let us know as some of our Sponsor don't know the acceptable one. Is it i-134 or which of the I-864 series? I have seen contrary views regarding this form.
Honourable Modest, Jrcies, Pastor Adebayo, others please don't abandon us, we need you.
Emineimo congrat for the successful interview.
Thank you.

He will have to fill form I-134, notorize it and add all other necessary docs.
from your signature you will likely be current by Oct, abi? so get all the necessary stuffs in place. good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is tunde1001, mikeabubakar and Busayo?

@jrcies

How far with your medicals? I'm sure u know that u need not wait for the second NL letter before proceeding on ur medicals.
It appears the rush for the Sept 30 deadline has started @ the Kamorass. The delay period for getting result is also getting longer.
The best approach now is to go to the interview with all docs intact.

@all

lets all still stay together on this thread. We still have about two (2) months ahead of us before Sept 30.

Where is tunde1001, mikeabubakar and Busayo?

@jrcies

How far with your medicals? I'm sure u know that u need not wait for the second NL letter before proceeding on ur medicals.
It appears the rush for the Sept 30 deadline has started @ the Kamorass. The delay period for getting result is also getting longer.
The best approach now is to go to the interview with all docs intact.

@all

lets all still stay together on this thread. We still have about two (2) months ahead of us before Sept 30.

Thats true where are u guys?

Question On 1-134

Adebayo, Jessica & others,

Please is the internet copy of the 1-134 (AOS) form acceptable at the Embassy?

My Sponsor sent all the documents through the internet. Will the Embassy reject internet copy? Is it the original or posted copy they require?

Pls advise me on this urgently. My appointment is early this Month.

My Experince

I went as a single person on d 26/7/2007 7am as usual. This is my first time in US embassy and I really was scared and at the same time confidence cause I know God is going to take control. I was given tag DV30 and was called upon to Window 7, where a white lady welcome me with a simle. though it was late before iwas called from 7AM - 3:20PM. The Question goes thus:
Lady: Hey, you know what you are here for?
Emineimo: Yes.
Lady: You are here to prove that you are elegible to be given a VISA.
ME: YES
Lady: Lift up your right hand.
Me: Right hand lifted.
Lady: do you promise to tell the truth and nothing but the truth.
Me: Yes I do.
Lady: When were you born
Me: 11th Nov. 1978
Lady: where
Me: Ikot Ekpene
Lady: Thats is in which state?
Me: Akwa Ibom.
Lady: Where was your mother born?
Me: Ikot Ekpene
Lady: Which subjects was ur best grade in WAEC
Me: Chemistry n Biology
Lady: Which year was that
Me: 1996
Lady: you did practicals?
Me: Not really, It was Nov/Dec GCE so what we did is called alternative to practicals
Lady: what do you do in alternative to practicals?
Me: they provide us with data and we use the data to answer the question. that is to say they(WAEC) perform the physical experiment in chemistry, but Biology we are given diagram of experiment to label.
Lady: OK, which diagram where you given in Biology
Me: Fish and Axis Bone
Lady: Your are a university graduate. which school did you finished from?
Me. Fed. Univ. of Tech. Akure
Lady: what course?
Me: Computer Science
Lady: Which Programming language can you use
Me: Visual Basic
Lady: what version
Me: verison 6
Lady: What can you really do with it.
Me: I design Database applications for organisations.
Lady: Have you served?
Me: Yes
Lady: where?
Me: Ibadan, Oyo state
Lady: with which company orinstitution
Me: Nig. Breweries Plc
Lady: what was your job responsibilities
Me: Network Administrator/Users' supports.
Lady: (off mic. get down and return with the green sheet of paper)
Lady: Come on monday 27/8/ to pay the encircled amount($380) by 2PM try and come on time and see you in the United States.

My brothers that was it ooo..! I pray that the God that see me through will surely not leave you. Remember those who fyn tym 2 knell b4 GOD, dont struggle to stand b4 greatmen. keep kneeling b4 him n enjoy ur way through to victory. May his Blessings never elude YOU. Amen Thanks.

Congratulations Emineimo,

A good one from you. What were ur observations at the embassy...any info, unusual events?

Congrats Emineimo, so you finish from my ex-school
i finished from FUTA too 2001. congrats am happy that someone from my school won and got the visa. greatest futarian!!!!!!!!!!!!! great:D

Adebayo, Jessica & others,

Please is the internet copy of the 1-134 (AOS) form acceptable at the Embassy?

My Sponsor sent all the documents through the internet. Will the Embassy reject internet copy? Is it the original or posted copy they require?

Pls advise me on this urgently. My appointment is early this Month.

i think he can download the I-134 form on the net fill it, and notorised, but I don't really know about sending it thru email, i think you can still tell ur sponsor to DHL it to u now, it doesn't cost like that. these guys believe so much in originals. i think u should go to embassy and confirm if u are in Lagos.

Hi Houx,Pls can someone help clearify me.I'm dv 2007 winner,my interview date is first week of september.I'v gone for medicals on the 2nd of august,my bloood sample was taken,and x-ray done.I was told to come back on the 30th of this month for physical examination.I want to know from those that have done theirs,if the result will be ready on the said day of physical examination.Another question is on the issue of visa fees.From the breakdown,the total amount one has to pay is $755.Will this amount be paid at the same time on the day of interview,or is it split into two installments,part of it on the interview day,and the balance on the pick up day?

from your signature you will likely be current by Oct, abi? so get all the necessary stuffs in place. good luck.

Pastor Adebayo, Please on the website, they said I-134 is no longer valid but I-864. Please check out the website and see. See below the statement at the website.
Notification from the NVC
• IF the petitioner has received notification from the NVC, please read the Affidavit of Support Instructions and download the appropriate form(s).
• The following links are provided for individuals who have already read the Affidavit of Support Instructions and need additional forms:
o I-864W - Intending Immigrant's Affidavit of Support Exemption
o I-864EZ - Affidavit of Support
o I-864 - Affidavit of Support
o I-864A - Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member
o I-864P - 2007 Poverty Guidelines
Important Note: Form I-134 is not acceptable, and cannot be used in place of the appropriate I-864 form(s) listed above.

Pastor Adebayo, Please on the website, they said I-134 is no longer valid but I-864. Please check out the website and see. See below the statement at the website.
Notification from the NVC
• IF the petitioner has received notification from the NVC, please read the Affidavit of Support Instructions and download the appropriate form(s).
• The following links are provided for individuals who have already read the Affidavit of Support Instructions and need additional forms:
o I-864W - Intending Immigrant's Affidavit of Support Exemption
o I-864EZ - Affidavit of Support
o I-864 - Affidavit of Support
o I-864A - Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member
o I-864P - 2007 Poverty Guidelines
Important Note: Form I-134 is not acceptable, and cannot be used in place of the appropriate I-864 form(s) listed above.

Don't forget, we have many immigrant visa process(es).
If you are processing a DV, then Form I-134 is acceptable, I don't know if it would be changed for DV 08...I guess we will have to wait and see

My Observations

Congratulations Emineimo,

A good one from you. What were ur observations at the embassy...any info, unusual events?

The white guys are friendly, the only problem anyone may have with them is if you are not telling the truth. they are sharp people so they may eaasily detect. Dont b too forward and dont present what you are not ask to. If u must lie reharse it very well especially if u want to go with someone that u are not trully married to.
Regards..!

Hi Houx,Pls can someone help clearify me.I'm dv 2007 winner,my interview date is first week of september.I'v gone for medicals on the 2nd of august,my bloood sample was taken,and x-ray done.I was told to come back on the 30th of this month for physical examination.I want to know from those that have done theirs,if the result will be ready on the said day of physical examination.Another question is on the issue of visa fees.From the breakdown,the total amount one has to pay is $755.Will this amount be paid at the same time on the day of interview,or is it split into two installments,part of it on the interview day,and the balance on the pick up day?

If you had taken the time out to read through the thread, you would have found your answer there.
If your medicals results are not ready, you can go ahead for your interview, then submits the medicals result when available.

During your interview, you will be allowed to pay ..I think $375 then to balance upon collection of your visa.

Egbon

Congrats Emineimo, so you finish from my ex-school
i finished from FUTA too 2001. congrats am happy that someone from my school won and got the visa. greatest futarian!!!!!!!!!!!!! great:D

Greatest Futrians..! Great. So good to meet you. please lets keep in touch as we will be going there. Please the said amount is it to be paid on that day or before that day?
Regards...!

Don't forget, we have many immigrant visa process(es).
If you are processing a DV, then Form I-134 is acceptable, I don't know if it would be changed for DV 08...I guess we will have to wait and see

You are looking at the affidavit of support for another category of immigrant visa,
form I-134 is the one for DV, send ur email addy i will send a copy of Form I-134 to u.

Emmanuel! God did it for me !

Some body help me shout haleluya! Our God is faithful ! He did mine too easily.
Remember my interview was rescheduled last june for lateness. I believe God used the delay for my good. Had my interviews today and men it was successful. Once bitten twice shy, i got to the embassy b4 6am and we checked in just about 7am.
interview proper:
officer:good morning and how are you today?
me: I am fine. Thank you.
Officer:can you raise your right hand up? (i did) Do you promise to tell the truth?
Me : I promise to tell the truth
officer :We just want to be sure these documents are actually yours okay. When was the the first time you sat for waec?
me : gave yr and month.
officer: Any other time?
me : yes, gave yr and month
officer :why did you seat for the exam the 2nd time?
me: To study economics( i studied economics) i needed to get a good grade in mathematics which i didn't do well the first time
officer :What course did you study?
me : economics
officer: which university
me : university of portHarcourt
officer : what was your research project on?
me: The search for an effective and efficient value added tax system in nigeria.
officer : And do you think there can be an efficient tax system in Nigeria?
me: What prompted me do that research was what i discovered when i worked with an accounting/tax firm before my graduation. We were involved in tax revenue generation for various state govts. Some machineries were put in place and company tax audits were vigorously conducted and enforced.
The firm generated astonishing tax revenue within a given tax year over and above what the ministries where generating in 5yrs. Therefore i believe if the loop holes in our tax systems are taken care of and tax audits properly conducted and enforced, other things being equal, sure, we can achieve an efficient tax system in nigeria.
officer: Thank you very much. Pls come pick your visa sept date

Some body help me shout haleluya! Our God is faithful ! He did mine too easily.
Remember my interview was rescheduled last june for lateness. I believe God used the delay for my good. Had my interviews today and men it was successful. Once bitten twice shy, i got to the embassy b4 6am and we checked in just about 7am.
interview proper:
officer:good morning and how are you today?
me: I am fine. Thank you.
Officer:can you raise your right hand up? (i did) Do you promise to tell the truth?
Me : I promise to tell the truth
officer :We just want to be sure these documents are actually yours okay. When was the the first time you sat for waec?
me : gave yr and month.
officer: Any other time?
me : yes, gave yr and month
officer :why did you seat for the exam the 2nd time?
me: To study economics( i studied economics) i needed to get a good grade in mathematics which i didn't do well the first time
officer :What course did you study?
me : economics
officer: which university
me : university of portHarcourt
officer : what was your research project on?
me: The search for an effective and efficient value added tax system in nigeria.
officer : And do you think there can be an efficient tax system in Nigeria?
me: What prompted me do that research was what i discovered when i worked with an accounting/tax firm before my graduation. We were involved in tax revenue generation for various state govts. Some machineries were put in place and company tax audits were vigorously conducted and enforced.
The firm generated astonishing tax revenue within a given tax year over and above what the ministries where generating in 5yrs. Therefore i believe if the loop holes in our tax systems are taken care of and tax audits properly conducted and enforced, other things being equal, sure, we can achieve an efficient tax system in nigeria.
officer: Thank you very much. Pls come pick your visa sept date

Congrats!!!

Congratulations...Busayo.

I knew u were re-scheduled for August and I've being longing to hear from you.
We will like you to give us more information on any observation/impression at the embassy??
Cheers!
Now, where is Mikabubakar and tunde1001?