• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Are you talking of this?

SAMPLE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

1. Why do you want to go to the US?
2. How did you know your sponsor?
3. What's the relationship between you and your sponsor?
4. When did your wife graduate?
5. Which university did she graduate from?
6. Have you ever met your sponsor?
7. What took your sponsor to the US?
8. When did your sponsor leave for the US?
9. When did your sponsor marry?
10. How many children does your sponsor have?
11. How old is he and is wife?
12. How long have you known your wife?
13. How old is your wife?
14. What's your wife's birthdate?
15. Where are you from?
16. Where is your wife from?
17. What's your daughter's birthdate?
18. What's your son's birthdate?
19. What do you do?
20. What does your wife do?
21. When did you serve?
22. What's your mother's/father's name?
23. When did your father die?
24. What are your parents-in-law first names?
25. How old are your parents-in-law?
26. Where did you meet your wife?
27. When did you meet your wife?
28. How long did you court for?
29. How long have you known your wife?
30. Where did you meet your wife?
31. When did you marry your wife?
32. When is your wedding anniversary?
33. When do you intend travelling?
34. What's your wife's favorite colour, food, song etc.
35. What school did you finish from?
36. What year?
37. How many times did you sit for school certificate exam?
38. When was the last exam?
39. What university did you attend?
40. When did you finish?
41. What course?
42. What was your best course?
43. Tell me something about it?
44. What was the title of your project?
45. Talk about the project for two minutes?

tunde

I have come accross likely questions sent in by someone can anybody help me find it?

na wah where u come hide since, anyway first remove ur full number from ur signature first.
dont be afraid about the photo issue, since u have ur marriage photo, they lay empasy on that when they doubt ur marriage.

is ur change of status related to ur being in the uk, because that could also be used as evidence. make sure u discuss all ur experience in this forum with ur wife, since she will be the main person to answer questions

Thank you

Hello

Thank you so much I got your reply that was exactly what I was looking for.
I will let her have the likely questions and when I get home I will work it out

The last three numbers are not mine never mind but my interview is in August.

I am not using my british details okay so I will use my Niger details.

How much is The test now and visa fee

Thanks so much

Personal confession

Hello everybody in da house.
I was one of the first pple to hit the DV area after my wife got her 1st NL letter in May 2006. Since I was use to this site earlier (I was part of the thread - HSMP winners from Nigeria - A rather unsuccessful attempt). So when my wife won d dv, I was hoping that such a thread should come up to share information. All of a sudden jrcies came up with the idea and incidentally on my birthdate!
But the surge of response from pple is quite amazing...infact the commitment shown by members in keeping this thread on is surely out of this world. For reasons, I can not articulate, I found myself a silent admirer of everybody. I have decided to come out of the shell as I couldn't hold my thoughts to myself again. Not even when my conscience keep telling me I need to contribute in my own little way.
I will like to establish my commitment with a promise to always contribute to all members challenges while also learning from others.

@tunde1001
Try to re-confirm your date from KCC, your interview should be 21st of August and not 1st of August.

CASE NUMBER:2007AF00018XXX
SENT BACK TO KCC:25/05/2006.
KCC RECEIVED:JUNE 2006
WAITING FOR 2ND LETTER .
Interview Date Confirmed; August 21st, 2007.

Olat

Hello Olat

Why did you say 21 of August becos the lady I spoke with said it is the 1st I wonder were you get your information from but like I said the number you see there is not my real number it is 18xxx
Tell me what you have got

the modestman

modest man congratulations...been very anxious to hear about ur interview..cos i can imagine in my mind the way u'll dazzle d consolar officers..(lol).the lord has a promise for us in this forum and he's fufilin it....best of luck....and to everyone waitin 4d second package, the lord has done it already...everyone will get interviewed in Jesus name.

tunde1001

If u check the visa bulletin, you will notice that the July bulletin ended with case no. 16125. It follows that August buleting will start from 16,126 uptil 18,700 for Nigerians. For instance, Baba Dis scheduled 4 August and his no. is 17XXX. Since ur no. is 18XXX, u r likely to fall in the last half/quarter of the month. It is unlikely that ur case may be schedule for the 1st day of the month.

Anyway, try n send a mail to the kcc (KCCDV@state.gov) 4 further confirmation.

Cheers!

mailed d embassy

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 11:51 AM
To: LgsCons
Subject: 2007AF00011***

2007AF00011***, Surname firstName middleName, date of birth.
i hereby request for an update on my case Thanks.

this was the reply i got from them

The administrative processing is not yet complete. We apologize for
the
delay. Please refrain from sending emails/additional emails we will
contact you as soon as the admin. processing is complete and schedule
an
appointment. We will contact the applicant as soon as processing is
complete. Thank you for your understanding.

Immigrant Visa Section
United States Consulate General
Lagos, Nigeria

hw long do u guys think this might take?????

thank you cestmoi, how dey go, and how far.
I say a very big amen to ur prayer evrybody will be interviewed

na true oh olat where u get that information, i beg u fit send tunde a private message, make the guy no go miss im interview at this crucial hour

Oyinbo no dey lie oooooo

Olat

Thanks for your Reply.You should know that in the range numbers the numbers for nigeria might not be more than 15 in that range or say 50 for the month to be interviewed.So I think the date will hold because my wife called and the lady said the same thing that the date is 1st I will call again tommorow and I will let you know thanks.

Have anybody seen jerci.I have sent all those questions to my wife please should in case anybody have an experience to share with us let us have it before we go there.

How much is police report and kamorass now and how much are we going to pay for the Visa fee has anybody got an info for that?

I will leave london by 15th of next month and I already bought a return ticket so that if the thing no gba I cgo come back to Iya Charley and leave Omo Bush alone.

Thank you Guys

Ola

This is what you ought to do

I have found my DV experience very straight forward. I will strongly advise every candidate to place emphasis on providing relevant documents at the interview. Generally, if you have a good post high school qualification and can present all your certificates, can prove work experience and provide evidence of support, there is no ground for refusal. I see people laying emphasis on pictures and attempting to memorize questions and answers. I think that's unnecessary!

Good luck on ur Interview

@tunde1001
Alright then I think you should continue with your preparation for the interview. You may want to still send an e-mail for further information.

I think you should try and see if you can do ur medicals now. This also applies to Adebayo. You guyz may have to send a mail to the Consular office so that they may give you clearance for the medicals (I'm not sure but I think someone had done it before even in this forum).
According to reports, medicals results take up to 22days - 1month. While it is not compulsory to have the results b4 the interview, I believe it fasttrack your visa processing.

I have found my DV experience very straight forward. I will strongly advise every candidate to place emphasis on providing relevant documents at the interview. Generally, if you have a good post high school qualification and can present all your certificates, can prove work experience and provide evidence of support, there is no ground for refusal. I see people laying emphasis on pictures and attempting to memorize questions and answers. I think that's unnecessary!

I agree with ya. Why would u be memorizing stuff that you already know. it just makes no sense. When people try to memorize some vital informations, its either they are lying about it or there's something else going on and trust me, those guys working at the embassy are sometimes trained to figure that out pretty easily.
Anyway, quit trying to memorize ur name, date/place of birth, mothers maiden name and name of high school because these are stuff you should know.

Good luck on ur Interview

@tunde1001
Alright then I think you should continue with your preparation for the interview. You may want to still send an e-mail for further information.

I think you should try and see if you can do ur medicals now. This also applies to Adebayo. You guyz may have to send a mail to the Consular office so that they may give you clearance for the medicals (I'm not sure but I think someone had done it before even in this forum).
According to reports, medicals results take up to 22days - 1month. While it is not compulsory to have the results b4 the interview, I believe it fasttrack your visa processing.

Good Luck to you too dear thanks,
Sorry i didn't tell the house i got my second package sometimes ago and i have done my medicals since then, i will get the result a week after my interview, all is well. you know what i think Kamorass has more than they can handle, if you see PEOPLEEEEEEE the day i went there, men!!!!!!!!! i will advice that we do our medicals on time as soon as we get the second package cos this kamorass guys have alot to handle.
However, i quite agree with you guys there is no point memorizing your name, you should know your name and other vital infos about youyself, except you are not you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pls am new to this house - my question is abt. this tax return thin for sponsor, how do I get my sponsor form, is it on net or somethn
bcos am also a winner 2007af23xxx. from naija here.

You are correct about, if you have a good post high school result and present all supporting documents, there will be no ground for refusal as a single applicant but if you are couples, I think you need all these.

Don't forget, we 9jas are not like the oyinbos that knows all these about their spouse.
If you asked my Dad, what's my Mum favourite colour is, I am sure he will tell you he doesn't know or it is possible you ask my Mum ,when is my Dad's Birthday and she will then begin to think...
If they were to be in an interview and such questions was asked and he /she fumbled, do you think the consular interviewing them will issue them the visa? Your guess is as good as mine, because he/ she will say, if indeed they are married, they should know everything about each other,forgetting the fact that such doesn't matter to Africans.
I will say at this juncture, if you are couples, memorize all the possible questions you can possibly think of...
If it better to be prepared than to be sorry as I think it is very neccessary
My only dim, I am giving to thee...

Tunde, I dey ooo. Good to see that your number is current.

Pls am new to this house - my question is abt. this tax return thin for sponsor, how do I get my sponsor form, is it on net or somethn
bcos am also a winner 2007af23xxx. from naija here.

Are you single or married, if single you don't need it, if married then tell your sponsor to fill (AOS) affidavit of support to you, he will fill the form I-134 its online, he will print it there, fill and notarized before sending to you, he will also get his tax returns from there for you, maybe for 2yrs. read the past post you will get all necessary infos there.

Hello my people

Thank you for the update I rememebr then when I went to kamorass it took me only few hours for my interview and I gotv the package the following day I dont understand this issue of months you know.
I was just asking about the couple interviews because I think we know ourselves but from the little experience I have here in uk this people are very funy and I mean it.
Thank you so much I will be home soonest Olat I will call them again this morning.