• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Men, congrat, u said u got their around 7am & finished by 10 to11am, dt shows we no any wey we remain. congrat once again. west af28***

I told you, our God is good am not in anyway surprised at this, i knew it when you told me yesterday, Daddy has done it and now go get the Tax papers and get your reserved Visa Man, becos it is all yours. Congrats my man.

As per the Bible txts, i will post all of them, apology to our fellow muslim brothers/sisters, if there is an immam in the house he can as well help out.

For anyone going for the interview Pls read Numbers 13:30 and believe in it, i tell you success is yours and mine too. Amen Modest Congrats

thank u ! thank u all

i appreciate all of u, thank u all

mamaj, see the amerivan trip dey expensive now, so u will need to doll out some money.

past adebayo, thanks for the bible verse and more please

to every body, the way they treat us at the embassy is dependent on our government, some of the rudeness by our black embassy security men would never be done elsewhere, TV station will blow it out of proportion and the senate will debate it like any other matter, but what do we have in Nigeria.
Anyway I hope that when we all move to America and see what is obtainable, we will all come back to put Nigeria right, just like a pal mentioned in the forum, "are we all Nigerians', I tell you this is how we should be

Thanks to everybody
And to verybody with the supposed high case number, God will do it, just make sure u get ready and don't let the attitude of those at the embassy make u nervous

pls what is next

Hi all thanks for all the support in the forum .
pls want some clarifications.My numer is current in august and i want to know what is next in the line to do .To be on the safe side. I want clearification on the Fee for the interview if we are still paying the same amount or not .pls am based in ph to prepare well before comming to lagos .
thanks
dayo

Last edited by a moderator:
My fellow naija people how u na dey?

Hi houx,
Well, it is nice reading how members are really contributing in the forum especially when little problems came up between Alemitmee and Oliveboy or may I say between Alemitmee and the houx. Well, Alemitmee permit me to use that word houx ‘cos its like WE are one big family and anything anybody says is like all of us are saying that ok.
We really appreciate u accepting our apology.
On the other hand, please family let us try to know how we fire or reply any question/answers given in the forum ‘cos it may stop some from wanting to share any information got during their research work. Like Pastor Adebayo said that WHY don’t we show the kind of LOVE we showed to each other in the forum outside there in the world generally? That is it just b’cos of what we’re looking for? Well, I’ll say YES and NO. It is Yes ‘cos when we are looking for something generally, we tend to take our time to get the best of it so that there wont be any mistake like this DV of a thing so as to get the best out of it, and I’ll say NO ‘cos We are all created to be Loved and Love one another, that LOVE is generally in built but since the world we are living in now do not allow all to show this to each other and selfishness has over-ride the Original In Built Love we were created with. We are all created in God’s image and The Bible refers to God as God of Love and all his creation should also reflect this in all they are doing ( 1st john 4:7-21). That is why the Bible refers to this time we are now as The wicked system of things hard to deal with (2 Timothy 3:1-5) that will soon give way to a better environment promised by God in his word the Bible ( Titus 1:2, Rev. 21:3-5, Psalms 37:9-11, Daniel 2:44, 2 Peter 3:13 etc). But still we can practice this Love despite this troublesome time we are now by following Biblical statement at Galatians 5:22-23 and guiding against Galatians 5:19-21. So our showing love to each other should not be limited to this forum alone or when we are in need of a favor alone but should be at all time our Brother keeper and that also imply that when we see anything that would benefit everybody either in the houx or else where we should endeavor to do it. And that is what we’ve been doing, I can commend us on that, This started ever since the first day someone out of Love for fellow Naija of the same state of mind created this forum so that we can all benefited from. Let me just Use this Opportunity to thank u One more time Jrcies, designer of this website and to all those who has contributed so far in making this forum a place to visit at all time and also problem solved class. All Our prayers will be answered soon. God will never leave his own people.

Have a nice day.

Hi all thanks for all the support in the forum .
pls want some clarifications.My numer is current in august and i want to know what is next in the line to do .To be on the safe side. I want clearification on the Fee for the interview if we are still paying the same amount or not .pls am based in ph to prepare well before comming to lagos .
thanks
dayo

After July 31st,the visa fee and every ofther fees changes. The only fee that will remain thesame, is the DV lottery fee because the state department handles that and they are not associated with USCIS(Embassy is part of USCIS).
So, U'll personally call the U.S embassy in Nigeria or you can look up the new fees on the USCIS website.
PEACE

No change in visa fees

After July 31st,the visa fee and every ofther fees changes. The only fee that will remain thesame, is the DV lottery fee because the state department handles that and they are not associated with USCIS(Embassy is part of USCIS).
So, U'll personally call the U.S embassy in Nigeria or you can look up the new fees on the USCIS website.
PEACE
There is no change in visa fees for those doing consular processing since the Department of State has not increased visa fees.
The only folks paying new fees are those inside the US who are doing Adjustment of Status; since they go thru' BCIS [and not Department of State]
This issue was thoroughly thrashed out some weeks back, so you might need to read previous posts from myself and Adebayo [with intel from the Lagos Embassy].

Technical detail

PEACE
Just one technical detail; The Embassies are actually part of the Foreign service branch of the Department of State.
USCIS is in a different cabinet Department [Homeland Security].
I hope you don't mind my technicalities.

Congratulations! MODEST

Hello, My brethren, I went for my interview today, 19th June 07.15 am

Am going to be a bit detailed because of our people in diaspora.

When I got the First notification, I was in Nigeria,
I filled the form, did a police certificate (which expired in Sept 2006).
I left Nigeria for Jamaica in August (Because I got an employment)
I mailed my package back to kcc in late Sept 2006 via regular post

I discovered that I didn't have a birth Certificate, I sent a message to Nigeria, they got me one from NPC (not attestation or certified copy) and posted it to me.

My sponsor said he wouldn't be able to sponsor me when I got my second package in may, 2007.

I got another sponsor, The embassy in Jamaica uses for I-864 as affidavit of support, and it has to be down loaded from the web.
I sent a mail to my new sponsor and ask him to download and attach all document.
On the 18th of June 2006, I recieved the affidavit of support via FEDEX from my sponsor. He sent two copies each filled by him and his wife, (no supporting documents, not a single one, the affidavit was full of tipex, and not notarized).
What can I do?

By 6.38am on 19th of June, I left my house with my wife and two kids
We got to the embassy at 6.58am (walked to the embassy, it is close to my house).
Got into the embassy by 7.20.
The security men were very polite, one of them (a female) asked my wife to taste the water in the baby's bottle.
After the gate, another security check, they politley annouced the important documents, that we should have, birth cert, form ds-230 and some stuff.

Got inside and sat down, a lady beconed to us from a window describing with her hand that we should meet her at window 9, she apologised that she could not pronouce our surname because it is long.

She she took her time to check all the documents and trust me she paid attention to details. i have gotten another passport here which i attached to the old one, and the number dey diff, she asked me where i got it, so she adjusted the passport number they have on the system.
She asked me if i know the address i will be staying in the states, I said no, but if she want me to write the add for the green card I could, and you wouldn't believe it, she wrote it her self, for the four of us( though she wrote 'same as next line') that was nice of her.
She went through every thing on the computer and up-dated some she needed to.
She then said i should go and pay, meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen, the bill was killing, She gave me a bill of $3,020=00 (for the four of us and I had to pay there and then, i didn't have that much, because i tot it was like the 355 and pay the rest later, so i had to pay with a card). At that point I talk say if dem collect this money and dem no give me visa, wahala go shele, fast i don calculate the thing for naira, I come conclude say Mama J must pay the one million if she still wan be my American in-law.

she now asked me to sit in section B after payment and listen for my name, after what looks like 20 minutes I was called and my wife and I did finger print, but not the little once(cos they are less than 15).
I went to section C after that, After about 30 minutes or less, a lady called my name and everybody laughed, We went to her and she welcomed us with a bougus laughter apologising for pronoucing the name in her own way, we all laughed.

The interview now.

Lady====== You guys are so lucky, let me just say congratulations.
Me and my wife .... . Thank you.
Lady==== ===(Taking the young boy Jamaican passport), lets start from the youngest. How old is he (answering her self) he just arrived, he is pretty young. Putting the passport aside.
Lady========== So sir, you need to sign something for me,she gave me the ds-230 as ask me to sign number 35 or so, said to my wife, mam u also need to sign this, so my wife handed the baby to me.
the lady said to my wife "the babies are too young to sign you know, so you will write their names in each form and write mother beside the name."
My wife........... I have done that, and she gave them back to the lady.
Lady===========I hope ur kids will forgive me for pronoucing their surname in my way
My wife................ When they get to the states, they will get used to it, and funny enough, they also may pronouce the name worse than you have done.
Lady=========== You are right mam............
Lady===== How did you get a social security number Sir
Me............ When I was in the States, with I M F that was in 2005
Lady=======So u were working in the states
Me..........It was a programme
Lady==== But they were paying u
Me.........Yes
Lady====So sir when did you apply for the lottery
Me.........Last year (dont mind me i forget say last year na 2006)
Lady=====O.K, when did you submit ur notification letter
Me........Last year
Lady=====O.K, when did you garduate
Me......... B.Sc............, M.Sc.........., P hd......................
Lady======Which University did u attend?
Me .......University of Immigrant Portal, Nigeria
Lady-=======You said ( and I repeated)
Lady=====So what do u do here
Me....... I lecture
Lady=====Where
Me...... University of this and that, Jamaica
Lady----=Which course?
Me..........Economics, Micro Economics to be specific
Lady=====Who is ur favourite ecnomomist
Me............Adam Smith.
Lady======He wrote a book on.......................
Me.................Yes that book ,made him popular
Lady====I studied economics at my undergraduate, and I used to argue with my Professor, that children were subsistence, that the richer the parents become, the less they care for the children, would u agree with me or u would have failed me?
Me....... I will not totally agree with u
Lady=====My professor too, didn't agree with me.
Lady=====You have a job here how long is it.
Me.........Three years
Lady======So what will happen, after getting ur visa, will you terminate the appointment.
Me...........No, When I get to the states and get my green card , I intend to come back to finish the contract and travel during holidays
Ladys.=====Yah u can travel during summer.
Me..............Yes
Lady......Facing my wife. Mam u also have two degress
My wife........Yes
Lady =====Wa ohhhhhhh, are u working?
My wife.............No
Lady=======You just have a baby, that is enough work
All of us,,,,,,Laughed.
Lady=====Checking through the forms do u have any police case or medical case
We.......................Nop.............( We attached another police certificate that we did at our base)
Lady========Who is ........
Me...My wife uncle and that is my sponsor
Lady,=======and ...mentioned another name
Me.......His wife (my sponsor's wife)
Lady ===O.K, (looking for something),,before we can complete this case, ur sponsor will have to send his tax return, for 2005 and 2006.
Me.....I asked him and he said he does not have it
Lady=====the tax return is usually on june 15 each year, so he should have it now. Then ur sponsor should earn $43,500 to be able to sponsor u all, but if this sponsor does not have that salary, then we will have to split u and ur wife, sponsor wise
My wife.....Mam, if u take a good look at the sponsorship form u will realise that the husband and wife filled diff forms and they have a total of $72,000 do u think we should still get another sponsor?
Lady======No mam, I didn't know they filled diff forms, in that case u should get me each copy of their tax returns, then that will be ok, becuse we have to make sure they will be able to finance u in the states.
My wife............So mam, can u pls repeat what we are suppose to bring
Lady............Only the tax returns for the two of them.
MY wife.............O.K, what about if we can not get that, what do we do,can we get a new sponsor?
Lady.........You can, he will fill a new form, and provide u with all the documents, and the old sponsor does not have to post the tax return, he could fax it or scan and e-mail it to you
My wife.....Ok, but does that mean we will come for another interview
Lady..........No mam, infact only one of u can come back with the blue paper am giving u and complete ur case.....mhhhhhhhhhhh let me check which day is available, mmmmmmmmmmm July 10, will that be ok or u want it further
My wife .....no we want is close
Lady===========oh am sorry, thats is the closest day available.
My wife ok, then

So she gave us the blue sheet and our passport, but not the original of our birth certificates and marriage cert, which were just the originals, we gave them.
We did not present our school certs and we did not present the originals or our university degrees.
And we left the embassy by 10.10 am
I hope I have tried to be explicit.

Every body in this forum have been prayerful. The Lord will anwer all our prayers
Past Adebayo, pls lay all the bible quotations to the house , they helped me alot, Thanks

Congrat Man!

Congrat! Modest

Modest Modest Man, uh h uuuh
Congrat! Man, I’m very happy 4 u and ur family. From the way u analyzed ur interview, it really shows that u were very comfortable and relax and the environment too was also very nice. Men if all Embassy can be like the way U described it, Men that will be a plus.
So the ball is now in ur court to get the tax returns as fast as u can or look for a new sponsors ok. Let me ask u this question- Like how many people come 4 DV interview That day? Are u the only naija or like how many others as in Race came?
Please, continue to put the remaining of Us in ur prayer so that those of Us with High case no. too will be current and have a pleasant interview as well.
Congrat! Man

thanks

Modest Modest Man, uh h uuuh
Congrat! Man, I’m very happy 4 u and ur family. From the way u analyzed ur interview, it really shows that u were very comfortable and relax and the environment too was also very nice. Men if all Embassy can be like the way U described it, Men that will be a plus.
So the ball is now in ur court to get the tax returns as fast as u can or look for a new sponsors ok. Let me ask u this question- Like how many people come 4 DV interview That day? Are u the only naija or like how many others as in Race came?
Please, continue to put the remaining of Us in ur prayer so that those of Us with High case no. too will be current and have a pleasant interview as well.
Congrat! Man

Thanks t everybody, all of us have done greatly and marvelously well and God will reward us.
The high case number is not an issue because i sincerely beleive everybody will be current in Sept and we are all blessed already, The annointing is flowing freely, so please tap it now.
As per ur question, we were the only people that came for DV and the only people from Nigeria, most of the cases they deal with are peple migrating because either their children or family members have filled for them
I some, white people wey dey cme marry and take the person with him or her .
And like I said the environment was calm, meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen the hostility for Niger self don reach to kill person.
There was a lady that did not bring the birth cert of the persn that filled for her, yu know the security man politely asked her to wait, so that they could schedule another appintment for her, to give opprtunity to bring the document. and she was offered a chair to sit right inside the embassy, beacuse she was not turned back at the entrace

My people

I beg wetin dey determine port of entry, is the state where sponsor.
I cant remeber about this issue of ur green card will be faster if u enter the state wey ur sponsor dey. Pls can everybody throw more light to this.
Pls dont ask me to go read it up, i know we have actually discuss it here and u know we have more tha 100 pages of detailed discussions now.

MamaJ, when are u paying now, I need ticket money.
Temi what is up, how far with ur green card, Wld and 2tee how are u guys enjoying summer. Thonia, how now, Baba Agba, which side of Ame u dey, Obinna, wetin dey, Megianno how far, Abubakar, Tunde, Stann, Mc Ben Adebayo, Baba Aladura, MamaJ, Jcries, Johnkent, Islandgirl, Dayo.,Shelnkid, OLiveby, Alemitmee, Bosom, Ubus, Walawet, Lizy, Mary, Siken, Busayo, Sinex, and all of us, we have been s wonderful that we even begin to wonder it we are Nigerian,
Please lets keep the spirit alive and apply it to our daily activities and the Good Lord will reward us

Hello, My brethren, I went for my interview today, 19th June 07.15 am

Am going to be a bit detailed because of our people in diaspora.

When I got the First notification, I was in Nigeria,
I filled the form, did a police certificate (which expired in Sept 2006).
I left Nigeria for Jamaica in August (Because I got an employment)
I mailed my package back to kcc in late Sept 2006 via regular post

I discovered that I didn't have a birth Certificate, I sent a message to Nigeria, they got me one from NPC (not attestation or certified copy) and posted it to me.

My sponsor said he wouldn't be able to sponsor me when I got my second package in may, 2007.

I got another sponsor, The embassy in Jamaica uses for I-864 as affidavit of support, and it has to be down loaded from the web.
I sent a mail to my new sponsor and ask him to download and attach all document.
On the 18th of June 2006, I recieved the affidavit of support via FEDEX from my sponsor. He sent two copies each filled by him and his wife, (no supporting documents, not a single one, the affidavit was full of tipex, and not notarized).
What can I do?

By 6.38am on 19th of June, I left my house with my wife and two kids
We got to the embassy at 6.58am (walked to the embassy, it is close to my house).
Got into the embassy by 7.20.
The security men were very polite, one of them (a female) asked my wife to taste the water in the baby's bottle.
After the gate, another security check, they politley annouced the important documents, that we should have, birth cert, form ds-230 and some stuff.

Got inside and sat down, a lady beconed to us from a window describing with her hand that we should meet her at window 9, she apologised that she could not pronouce our surname because it is long.

She she took her time to check all the documents and trust me she paid attention to details. i have gotten another passport here which i attached to the old one, and the number dey diff, she asked me where i got it, so she adjusted the passport number they have on the system.
She asked me if i know the address i will be staying in the states, I said no, but if she want me to write the add for the green card I could, and you wouldn't believe it, she wrote it her self, for the four of us( though she wrote 'same as next line') that was nice of her.
She went through every thing on the computer and up-dated some she needed to.
She then said i should go and pay, meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen, the bill was killing, She gave me a bill of $3,020=00 (for the four of us and I had to pay there and then, i didn't have that much, because i tot it was like the 355 and pay the rest later, so i had to pay with a card). At that point I talk say if dem collect this money and dem no give me visa, wahala go shele, fast i don calculate the thing for naira, I come conclude say Mama J must pay the one million if she still wan be my American in-law.

she now asked me to sit in section B after payment and listen for my name, after what looks like 20 minutes I was called and my wife and I did finger print, but not the little once(cos they are less than 15).
I went to section C after that, After about 30 minutes or less, a lady called my name and everybody laughed, We went to her and she welcomed us with a bougus laughter apologising for pronoucing the name in her own way, we all laughed.

The interview now.

Lady====== You guys are so lucky, let me just say congratulations.
Me and my wife .... . Thank you.
Lady==== ===(Taking the young boy Jamaican passport), lets start from the youngest. How old is he (answering her self) he just arrived, he is pretty young. Putting the passport aside.
Lady========== So sir, you need to sign something for me,she gave me the ds-230 as ask me to sign number 35 or so, said to my wife, mam u also need to sign this, so my wife handed the baby to me.
the lady said to my wife "the babies are too young to sign you know, so you will write their names in each form and write mother beside the name."
My wife........... I have done that, and she gave them back to the lady.
Lady===========I hope ur kids will forgive me for pronoucing their surname in my way
My wife................ When they get to the states, they will get used to it, and funny enough, they also may pronouce the name worse than you have done.
Lady=========== You are right mam............
Lady===== How did you get a social security number Sir
Me............ When I was in the States, with I M F that was in 2005
Lady=======So u were working in the states
Me..........It was a programme
Lady==== But they were paying u
Me.........Yes
Lady====So sir when did you apply for the lottery
Me.........Last year (dont mind me i forget say last year na 2006)
Lady=====O.K, when did you submit ur notification letter
Me........Last year
Lady=====O.K, when did you garduate
Me......... B.Sc............, M.Sc.........., P hd......................
Lady======Which University did u attend?
Me .......University of Immigrant Portal, Nigeria
Lady-=======You said ( and I repeated)
Lady=====So what do u do here
Me....... I lecture
Lady=====Where
Me...... University of this and that, Jamaica
Lady----=Which course?
Me..........Economics, Micro Economics to be specific
Lady=====Who is ur favourite ecnomomist
Me............Adam Smith.
Lady======He wrote a book on.......................
Me.................Yes that book ,made him popular
Lady====I studied economics at my undergraduate, and I used to argue with my Professor, that children were subsistence, that the richer the parents become, the less they care for the children, would u agree with me or u would have failed me?
Me....... I will not totally agree with u
Lady=====My professor too, didn't agree with me.
Lady=====You have a job here how long is it.
Me.........Three years
Lady======So what will happen, after getting ur visa, will you terminate the appointment.
Me...........No, When I get to the states and get my green card , I intend to come back to finish the contract and travel during holidays
Ladys.=====Yah u can travel during summer.
Me..............Yes
Lady......Facing my wife. Mam u also have two degress
My wife........Yes
Lady =====Wa ohhhhhhh, are u working?
My wife.............No
Lady=======You just have a baby, that is enough work
All of us,,,,,,Laughed.
Lady=====Checking through the forms do u have any police case or medical case
We.......................Nop.............( We attached another police certificate that we did at our base)
Lady========Who is ........
Me...My wife uncle and that is my sponsor
Lady,=======and ...mentioned another name
Me.......His wife (my sponsor's wife)
Lady ===O.K, (looking for something),,before we can complete this case, ur sponsor will have to send his tax return, for 2005 and 2006.
Me.....I asked him and he said he does not have it
Lady=====the tax return is usually on june 15 each year, so he should have it now. Then ur sponsor should earn $43,500 to be able to sponsor u all, but if this sponsor does not have that salary, then we will have to split u and ur wife, sponsor wise
My wife.....Mam, if u take a good look at the sponsorship form u will realise that the husband and wife filled diff forms and they have a total of $72,000 do u think we should still get another sponsor?
Lady======No mam, I didn't know they filled diff forms, in that case u should get me each copy of their tax returns, then that will be ok, becuse we have to make sure they will be able to finance u in the states.
My wife............So mam, can u pls repeat what we are suppose to bring
Lady............Only the tax returns for the two of them.
MY wife.............O.K, what about if we can not get that, what do we do,can we get a new sponsor?
Lady.........You can, he will fill a new form, and provide u with all the documents, and the old sponsor does not have to post the tax return, he could fax it or scan and e-mail it to you
My wife.....Ok, but does that mean we will come for another interview
Lady..........No mam, infact only one of u can come back with the blue paper am giving u and complete ur case.....mhhhhhhhhhhh let me check which day is available, mmmmmmmmmmm July 10, will that be ok or u want it further
My wife .....no we want is close
Lady===========oh am sorry, thats is the closest day available.
My wife ok, then

So she gave us the blue sheet and our passport, but not the original of our birth certificates and marriage cert, which were just the originals, we gave them.
We did not present our school certs and we did not present the originals or our university degrees.
And we left the embassy by 10.10 am
I hope I have tried to be explicit.

Every body in this forum have been prayerful. The Lord will anwer all our prayers
Past Adebayo, pls lay all the bible quotations to the house , they helped me alot, Thanks

Modest,
That's favour of God.
Congrats.

I need experiences

Hello Guys

Well some of you may have seen my name on this post while some mighty not.I am tunde and Jerci will be suprise that I have not responded for a long time.Well I am in UK now and presently I just called KCC and I was told that my wife number will be current on the 1st of August.

Well we got married and we have our Marriage certificate however I need you guys to give me experiences cause I will be leaving UK at the middle of next month.

I dont mind if you have got a number that I can call you on I will so that I can get the full gist.I know the process but I need likely questions

I am worried because we have little pictures as I dont celebrate birthday and I hardly go to parties.Although we know ourselves but I just need you guys to help me. Her number is 180xxx.

I have bought a camera now in london so that we can take much pictures when I get home I need urgent reply becausefrom what I have seen here this people value pictures

Please Help

I need experiences Please

Hello Guys

Well some of you may have seen my name on this post while some mighty not.I am tunde and Jerci will be suprise that I have not responded for a long time.Well I am in UK now and presently I just called KCC and I was told that my wife number will be current on the 1st of August.

Well we got married and we have our Marriage certificate however I need you guys to give me experiences cause I will be leaving UK at the middle of next month.

I dont mind if you have got a number that I can call you on I will so that I can get the full gist.I know the process but I need likely questions

I am worried because we have little pictures as I dont celebrate birthday and I hardly go to parties.Although we know ourselves but I just need you guys to help me. Her number is 180xxx.

I have bought a camera now in london so that we can take much pictures when I get home I need urgent reply becausefrom what I have seen here this people value pictures

Please Help