• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Niv

Anybody knows what is happening with the NIV interviews? I tried to book an appointment for my sister for a visiting visa but all the slots are filled-up in Lagos till July 13 and nothing is available after that. Abuja is no better; all the NIV interview slots are filled-up till July 24 and nothing is available after that.
Please, Adebayo, do you hear anything about the NIV interview slots?
Thanks.
THE ONLY THING U CAN DO IS TO VISIT THE SITE AT FREQUENT INTERVALS TO CHECK IF U WILL GET FREE SLOTS, ONE THIS IS SUMMER AND SO MANY RUSH....................., TWO MOST AGENTS HOOK THE SLOTS AND SELL..........., THREE PEOPLE CANCEL THEIR APPOINTMENTS AND LAST MINUTES, SO U MAY HAVE A JOB AT UR HANDS.................................

Anybody knows what is happening with the NIV interviews? I tried to book an appointment for my sister for a visiting visa but all the slots are filled-up in Lagos till July 13 and nothing is available after that. Abuja is no better; all the NIV interview slots are filled-up till July 24 and nothing is available after that.
Thanks.

Hi Baba Aladura,

Like Modest said, you have to keep checking everytime. I had same problem when i tried booking dates for some of the expartriates i work with. I had to call the embassy in Abuja, dropped my name, phone no and what the issue was. They called back and said i shd keep trying. So i logged into their site every day in morning, afternoon and evening and finally i got a date for all of them. I noticed something, they don't release all the dates at once coz some plp fill up all the dates not because they are really interested in travelling but for making money while the serious ones won't be able to book an appointment.
So they release the dates bit by bit. Just keep checking, u might be lucky someone might just cancel his or her appointment but please check coz as soon as they release the dates, it takes about 30mins for all dates to be fully booked. meaning u have to be on the alert!!!!!

Hello house,
This is Megiano. For some reason I’m not able to make posts in the forum so I had to take up another ID inorder to share my embassy experience.
2 months ago, my interview was re-scheduled to the 4th of June. My husband, son and I got to Lagos on Saturday the 26th of May so we could do our medical exams (we could not fit it into our work schedules earlier than that, and since the “oyibo’s” had already warned in the notification letter that we should not give up our jobs, sell our houses etc, we decided not to trivialize our work commitments).
We got to Kamorass medics around quarter to ten, and started the process for the medicals. The nurses stationed at the front desk were reluctant to continue the process as they said my International Passport had “an observation” (where the Immigration had endorsed my name change) but after my husband persisted, they went to confirm from the medical director who gave us the go ahead to start the exams after which I’ll make a new passport in my marital name. After the x-rays and blood tests, we were asked to return on 26th June for the physical exams. They said we could present the receipts we were issued as proof that we had commenced our medics on the interview date.
We got to the US embassy around 6am on our appointment date, we met a small crowd there, and lots of touts. One claimed that passpics for immigrant visas required no earrings/neck laces, I had my doubts but I decided to take fresh ones just in case. At quarter to 7, those with immigrant appointments were asked to queue on a line so we could be checked/screened. We went through the first sets of checks, after which my appointment letter was collected, I was handed a yellow slip with nos DV15 and an invoice was issued for me to make payments at the cashier’s cage inside. At the entrance door, everyone was made to take off all jewelry before stepping through the detector door. After which we had a chance to seat down. I sat for a short while and heard my nos called to a cubicle window. Getting there my documents and those of my husband & son were collected, originals and photocopies. The man there reminded me that I’ll need a fresh passport with my marital name, an address in the US, my medic results, and documents from a sponsor. I promised that I’ll bring those ones later and he said I should make my payments at the cashier’s cage. I went and did as I was told, the cashier-some nasty black lady:rolleyes: took the $375, gave me 5 bucks change and a receipt, after which I went to take a seat.
At around 10.40, my nos was called to a cubicle inside. I got up and lo and behold it was time for my interview. At that point in time my husband was trying to get the security guards to regulate the AC’s as the place was pretty cold, coupled with the rain outside. I now signaled him to come get our baby while I faced the interviewer. I said hello she says hi politely and when he approached me the lady asks us both to put our right hands up. She now asks us if we promise to tell the truth in the course of the interview, we nod in the affirmative, she asked if the baby would tell the truth too-I say maybe and we all laughed:D . She gives us some forms to sign, tells my husband to sign for our son then asks him to seat down while I remain and the interview starts.

Interviewer: What are your names?
Me: bla bla bla
Interviewer: When were you born?
Me: 4th November ……
Interviewer: Where?
Me: Lagos
Interviewer: Where was your mother born?
Me: Obudu
Interviewer: Did you go to University?
Me: Yes!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
Interviewer: What did u study
Me: Business Mgt
Interviewer: When did you graduate?
Me: 2004 but wrote my degree exams 2003
Interviewer nods with understanding…
Interviewer: When did you write your Waec exams?
Me: December 98 and June 96
Interviewer: What subject did you score highest?
Me: Always English
Interviewer: English Literature or English Language?
Me: Both, always a 3;)
We both smiled conspiratorially at that point
Interviewer: When did you meet your husband?
Me: August 0*
Interviewer: When did you get married?
Me: February 0*
Interviewer: How did you meet?
Me: Quite a story, you want to hear it all?
She nods and then I start narrating…..
Interviewer: When was your baby born?
Me: 12thOct’06
Interviewer: What was your baby’s birth weight?
Me: 2.65kg
Interviewer: Have you got any wedding pictures?
Me: Yep!
I then hand her some, explaining which ones were the registry and which ones were traditional wedding.
Interviewer: Did u do a church wedding?
Me: No, I was expecting a baby but I’ll do subsequently.
Interviewer: How far gone were you during the wedding?
Me: mmmm, like 4 months cos that was April
Interviewer: April??
Me: The traditional marriage yes
(because those were the pics she was holding) but the registry was Feb 14th
Interviewer: valentines Day….
Interviewer: Who is this? (points at picture)
Me: My father-in-law
Interviewer: Who is this? (points at another picture)
Me: My mother-in-law
Interviewer: Any pics of your daughter?
Me: My ‘son’ yes:rolleyes:
Interviewer: Sorry, I see a lot of people everyday..
Me: I understand…
Interviewer: Ok

She hands my original documents to me, then told me that since we’ll be going to the US as a family we need a sponsor-I told her we were working on it, she asks when I was told to return for my medic results, I gave her the date, she said she’ll give me a letter to return on any Friday after 13th July with a fresh International Passport, sponsors documents, medic results and an address in the States. I agree, she hands the letter to me, I thank her after which I signal my husband and then we now make our way out of the building. All these took around 10mins. I thank God I’m done with this phase, and can come back to Abj to rest
I hope this helps somebody out there, some day.
For the rest of you, who haven’t been interviewed, just be confident, the truth would always stand every test it’s put through. For those waiting for nos to go current, in a short while it’ll be over and done with and you’ll celebrate.
Bless you all….

Congrats!!!

Hello house,
This is Megiano. For some reason I’m not able to make posts in the forum so I had to take up another ID inorder to share my embassy experience.
2 months ago, my interview was re-scheduled to the 4th of June. My husband, son and I got to Lagos on Saturday the 26th of May so we could do our medical exams (we could not fit it into our work schedules earlier than that, and since the “oyibo’s” had already warned in the notification letter that we should not give up our jobs, sell our houses etc, we decided not to trivialize our work commitments).
We got to Kamorass medics around quarter to ten, and started the process for the medicals. The nurses stationed at the front desk were reluctant to continue the process as they said my International Passport had “an observation” (where the Immigration had endorsed my name change) but after my husband persisted, they went to confirm from the medical director who gave us the go ahead to start the exams after which I’ll make a new passport in my marital name. After the x-rays and blood tests, we were asked to return on 26th June for the physical exams. They said we could present the receipts we were issued as proof that we had commenced our medics on the interview date.
We got to the US embassy around 6am on our appointment date, we met a small crowd there, and lots of touts. One claimed that passpics for immigrant visas required no earrings/neck laces, I had my doubts but I decided to take fresh ones just in case. At quarter to 7, those with immigrant appointments were asked to queue on a line so we could be checked/screened. We went through the first sets of checks, after which my appointment letter was collected, I was handed a yellow slip with nos DV15 and an invoice was issued for me to make payments at the cashier’s cage inside. At the entrance door, everyone was made to take off all jewelry before stepping through the detector door. After which we had a chance to seat down. I sat for a short while and heard my nos called to a cubicle window. Getting there my documents and those of my husband & son were collected, originals and photocopies. The man there reminded me that I’ll need a fresh passport with my marital name, an address in the US, my medic results, and documents from a sponsor. I promised that I’ll bring those ones later and he said I should make my payments at the cashier’s cage. I went and did as I was told, the cashier-some nasty black lady:rolleyes: took the $375, gave me 5 bucks change and a receipt, after which I went to take a seat.
At around 10.40, my nos was called to a cubicle inside. I got up and lo and behold it was time for my interview. At that point in time my husband was trying to get the security guards to regulate the AC’s as the place was pretty cold, coupled with the rain outside. I now signaled him to come get our baby while I faced the interviewer. I said hello she says hi politely and when he approached me the lady asks us both to put our right hands up. She now asks us if we promise to tell the truth in the course of the interview, we nod in the affirmative, she asked if the baby would tell the truth too-I say maybe and we all laughed:D . She gives us some forms to sign, tells my husband to sign for our son then asks him to seat down while I remain and the interview starts.

I then hand her some, explaining which ones were the registry and which ones were traditional wedding.

She hands my original documents to me, then told me that since we’ll be going to the US as a family we need a sponsor-I told her we were working on it, she asks when I was told to return for my medic results, I gave her the date, she said she’ll give me a letter to return on any Friday after 13th July with a fresh International Passport, sponsors documents, medic results and an address in the States. I agree, she hands the letter to me, I thank her after which I signal my husband and then we now make our way out of the building. All these took around 10mins. I thank God I’m done with this phase, and can come back to Abj to rest
For the rest of you, who haven’t been interviewed, just be confident, the truth would always stand every test it’s put through. For those waiting for nos to go current, in a short while it’ll be over and done with and you’ll celebrate.
Bless you all….

Am not surprised! its the normal trend in this forum, testimonies upon testimonies. Congrats dear.

Thanks.

Its because a lot of people are travelling now, just keep checking for free slots of the site.

Hello house,

Bless you all….

This is not surprising because God is still going to do more for us in this Forum. Congrats!

Do I need Transcript

Hi all,

Please I need to ask this questions.

I am a HND Graduate, Do I need to get my transcript b4 appearing for the Interview, as in, is it even necessary or not? If not (As I heard someone said) What proof do I have to show that I am actually a Graduate since I also heard that NYSC Cert is not required.

If I need my School transcript, Can I collect and bring it along during Interview or it has to be sent by my school.

I want to know if I also need WAEC Verification (it is not my highest qualification).

Thanks for the prompt replies.

Hi all,

Please I need to ask this questions.

I am a HND Graduate, Do I need to get my transcript b4 appearing for the Interview, as in, is it even necessary or not? If not (As I heard someone said) What proof do I have to show that I am actually a Graduate since I also heard that NYSC Cert is not required.

If I need my School transcript, Can I collect and bring it along during Interview or it has to be sent by my school.

I want to know if I also need WAEC Verification (it is not my highest qualification).

Thanks for the prompt replies.

You don't need any transcript, so long you have NYSC cert. saying that NYSC Cert is not required na lie o, you wan need am die, you need it men!
also you don't need any verification of result so long you have the original WAEC cert. Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
hi houx

May I congratulate those that had a sucessfull interview, someone like Megiano2t and others. Congrat! But please to those who had theirs without briefing the houx on what and what happen at the Embassy, the situation of things and their sucess. please let share ur experience too.

Congrat! All this experiences shows that one need to be extral smart and be truthful in ones' answers when being interviewed.
I am very happy and bless to belong to this houx.
Have a nice day ahead.

Congrats Megiano

thanks 4 the infomation, God bless u.
Pls do u have any ideal of how many peope came for Dv interview that day and was there any denial? if any why;

another month is around the corner what are we(high case numbers) expecting?

30 ***

Congrats Megiano!!!

Also, to add to Oliveboy’s comments, for those that have done their interviews, are there more “denials” than “successful” interviews? We need to know the ratio or percentage of denials divided # of interviews. Also, what are the bases for these denials? The house needs to learn from other peoples’ mistakes in order to guard against making the same mistake (this sounds “cruel” but it is a fact).

Next week is my “BIG” dance, too. Wish me luck ohh!!! Everything is in Baba’s hands. Like Yoruba adage goes “igba ti a bi fi si owo Olorun ki nfo” meaning the calabash in God’s hands cannot be damaged or broken.

Thanks for all your prudent comments and contributions.

Thanks

Thank you all for your input to my query; I will keep checking for openings.
Naija-visa-usa- I wish you Godspeed with the interview. Did you finally resolve the question about the tailoring occupation?
God bless you.

Congrats Megiano!!!

Also, to add to Oliveboy’s comments, for those that have done their interviews, are there more “denials” than “successful” interviews? We need to know the ratio or percentage of denials divided # of interviews. Also, what are the bases for these denials? The house needs to learn from other peoples’ mistakes in order to guard against making the same mistake (this sounds “cruel” but it is a fact).

Next week is my “BIG” dance, too. Wish me luck ohh!!! Everything is in Baba’s hands. Like Yoruba adage goes “igba ti a bi fi si owo Olorun ki nfo” meaning the calabash in God’s hands cannot be damaged or broken.

Thanks for all your prudent comments and contributions.

wish you God's favour in your interview.

As you read this just say AMEN from the bottom of your heart and see if Daddy will not surprise you the more;

Your dreams will not die, your plans will not fail, your destiny will not be aborted, the desires of your heart will be granted in this 2007, Say a big AMEN.

Money will know your Name and Address from now on. If u desire to claim it send it to all your friends. Heavens have confirmed 2day the end of your sufferings, sorrows & pains; because he that sits on the throne has remembered you. He has taken away the hardship and given U JOY. He will never let you down. Genesis 1:28 says, "And God blessed ......(put ur name here), and God said unto .......(put ur name here), Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion all these shall be our blessings this year and beyond in Jesus Name Amen. Have a good day everyone. One love keep us together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone,
The success rates on the forum just attest to the fact that we are on the right track. All the attention paid to details, encouragement, support, advice, prayers et al. There's no way God won't do it for us all.
Olive boy, I don't know of any denials that day since I was the first person to be interviewed.

hi,
ive been going thru this forum for the past two months n believe me it has helper me a lot,though this is my first time actually posting anything on it.i am a dv 2007 lottery winner and i just picked my visaon monday that is the 4th 0f june n let me say that it has been GODS doing. i just want to tell all those out there who hyavent gone 4 their interview to go very prepared n read up on their best subjects,and try as much as possible to tell the truth cos right now they r looking 4 the slightest excuse to deny u the visa,and to all those who havent received their 2nd package,dont lose hopas far as God is on the throne n u were chosen 4rom among the millions that entered 4 the lottery,then u will be called 4 ur interview.

22nd april 2006:NL received
8thmay 2006:sent it back to kcc
17th march 2007:2nd package received
23rd april 2007:interview
4th may 2007:conclusion of interview,interview successful,given visa pick up letter
4th june :visa picked
travelling next month:D

hi,
ive been going thru this forum for the past two months n believe me it has helper me a lot,though this is my first time actually posting anything on it.i am a dv 2007 lottery winner and i just picked my visaon monday that is the 4th 0f june n let me say that it has been GODS doing. i just want to tell all those out there who hyavent gone 4 their interview to go very prepared n read up on their best subjects,and try as much as possible to tell the truth cos right now they r looking 4 the slightest excuse to deny u the visa,and to all those who havent received their 2nd package,dont lose hopas far as God is on the throne n u were chosen 4rom among the millions that entered 4 the lottery,then u will be called 4 ur interview.

22nd april 2006:NL received
8thmay 2006:sent it back to kcc
17th march 2007:2nd package received
23rd april 2007:interview
4th may 2007:conclusion of interview,interview successful,given visa pick up letter
4th june :visa picked
travelling next month:D

For hiding yourself this long, the house has resolved to sanction you by asking you to give us the full details of your interview experience
congrats man.

Oby congrats

though u hide 4 a long time but success they say, can never be hidden, could u pls do us a favour by given out the details of ur interview so that we can all gain tru ur success story. Thanks