• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Whao O O!!!

just got back from the embassy and the interview was successful, i promise to my relate my experience as soon as i clear my desk, i got so much work pending, thank you everyone, jrcies, adebayo, wld, ubus, mamaj and everyone. i will write it the experience today. our God is a good God.

Baba Agba,
I just saw this one today, this is WHAOO O , Congrats

1million gbosa

just got back from the embassy and the interview was successful, i promise to my relate my experience as soon as i clear my desk, i got so much work pending, thank you everyone, jrcies, adebayo, wld, ubus, mamaj and everyone. i will write it the experience today. our God is a good God.

congratz,
this good to hear, congratz, God is goooooooooooooooooooooooood.

mamaj how abuja,
wey adebayo, abi im don go do wedding without inviting us

pls baba agba, call every body in this forum for a big bash 'cos this is washable

LOS TO ATL (VIA AMSTERDAM) FOR ADULT=N197K ONE WAY ECONOMY
LOS TO ATL ( VIA AMSTERDAM) FOR CHILD =N165K ONE WAY ECONOMY

LOS TO ATL (VIA AMSTERDAM) FOR ADULT=N415,695 ONE WAY BUS. CLASS
LOS TO ATL ( VIA AMSTERDAM) FOR CHILD =N318,181 ONE WAY BUS. CLASS

The was as at January when we left.

I will advise that you contact your local travel agent for exact cost. The total cost of tickets sometimes depends on the seasons, promotions, day of travel, etc.

Hello Everyone,
As far as i am concerned i strongly Believe that every single member of this forum will get their Visas as that is the Promise of God to Us.I know that at a point in this process of pursuing the American Dream(after the interview and Visa Collection) the next natural thing that will start coming to mind is how to get to the states and at this point we would start thinking of which airline is cheaper especially for those of us with families.
To this end i wil like us to start researching on flight fare to various cities in America so as to get each other acquinted with what to expect and how to prepare for our relocation.I am particularly interested in Atlanta as a point of Entry.
Pls u Guys that have arrived in America should let us know what the fare is like

LOS TO ATL (VIA AMSTERDAM) FOR ADULT=197K ONE WAY ECONOMY
LOS TO ATL ( VIA AMSTERDAM) FOR CHILD =165K ONE WAY ECONOMY

LOS TO ATL (VIA AMSTERDAM) FOR ADULT=N415,695 ONE WAY BUS. CLASS
LOS TO ATL ( VIA AMSTERDAM) FOR CHILD =N318,181 ONE WAY BUS. CLASS

The was as at January when we left.

I will advise that you contact your local travel agent for exact cost. The total cost of tickets sometimes depends on the seasons, promotions, day of travel, etc.

My Story

Got there around 6.45 am. queued up was told that i had to open all sealed envelopes including the one from kamoras. brought out the my passport photographs because the guy at the gates wanted to see it, and was ushered in.
got a dv number at the entrance and proceeded in, went to pay and was given a receipt which i was told to keep.my number was called to turn in my documents. the nigerian lady was a bit impatient and kept yelling at me. it startled me, but i kept praying inside, then later my number was called to swear to an oath and fingerprints.

then the interview proper, while i sat i saw some interesting interview but mainly IV, ours is DV. the few DV interviews i witness, involved a guy who did not have waec but had some driving certificate and was rejected instantly, the other one involved a couple, in there case it was the wife that was the winner so she was asked the questions, she was asked what course she studied and she said economics, and the question that followed was she should name any famous economistand she went numb, but it didnt really stop anything because she was asked for her for her affidavit of support and she said it was not ready, so she was told to come back with it.

back to my interview, i am single so all i submittted was birth certificate, getting the birth certificate was wahala because the one i got from NPC had a wrong name i just discovered yesterday night so i had no chioce but to take the certified true copy i collected from my local government. my waec too had an issue oluwa was completely from the certificate (adebayo i took it like that without the affidavit). and also i submitted my university certificate, police report and medical . that was all i submitted. she checked it and asked me where i work i told her , i have changed job since submitting my application, she asked me for the id card, which i immediately produced. she looked at my results and certificate and asked me about my job, saw that i had A1 in chemistry and told me to talk about it, i immediately told her i enjoy mathematics better, so she said i should talk about it. i chose algebra and talk a little about it. that was it.

please my advice is every interview is different but there are so basics like WAEC,passport photographs exactly like the one we submitted not the right ear ones stated in the 2nd letter, ID card if are working, and the most basic and essential part is constant prayer. God guide us through this journey, and i will continue to pray and fast with everyone. thank and God bless us.

My Story

Got there around 6.45 am. queued up was told that i had to open all sealed envelopes including the one from kamoras. brought out the my passport photographs because the guy at the gates wanted to see it, and was ushered in.
got a dv number at the entrance and proceeded in, went to pay and was given a receipt which i was told to keep.my number was called to turn in my documents. the nigerian lady was a bit impatient and kept yelling at me. it startled me, but i kept praying inside, then later my number was called to swear to an oath and fingerprints.

then the interview proper, while i sat i saw some interesting interview but mainly IV, ours is DV. the few DV interviews i witness, involved a guy who did not have waec but had some driving certificate and was rejected instantly, the other one involved a couple, in there case it was the wife that was the winner so she was asked the questions, she was asked what course she studied and she said economics, and the question that followed was she should name any famous economistand she went numb, but it didnt really stop anything because she was asked for her for her affidavit of support and she said it was not ready, so she was told to come back with it.

back to my interview, i am single so all i submittted was birth certificate, getting the birth certificate was wahala because the one i got from NPC had a wrong name i just discovered yesterday night so i had no chioce but to take the certified true copy i collected from my local government. my waec too had an issue oluwa was completely from the certificate (adebayo i took it like that without the affidavit). and also i submitted my university certificate, police report and medical . that was all i submitted. she checked it and asked me where i work i told her , i have changed job since submitting my application, she asked me for the id card, which i immediately produced. she looked at my results and certificate and asked me about my job, saw that i had A1 in chemistry and told me to talk about it, i immediately told her i enjoy mathematics better, so she said i should talk about it. i chose algebra and talk a little about it. that was it.

please my advice is every interview is different but there are so basics like WAEC,passport photographs exactly like the one we submitted not the right ear ones stated in the 2nd letter, ID card if are working, and the most basic and essential part is constant prayer. God guide us through this journey, and i will continue to pray and fast with everyone. thanks and God bless us.

Nothing do U

hey im really glad that you scaled the interview.its sad that one of our own i. e the Nigerian lady nearly made u nervous.i have heard a lot of people say the americans that interviewed them were nice and charming people;why cant we be that way.u know the interesting thing about this forum is the fact that we all have something in common and we also have the love and interest of eachother,this is highly comendable.here is wishing you all the best as u prepare for ur geographical transition.
may God guide you every single step of the way.

stann.

Code Red!!!

please,can some one tell me why i have not received notification letter yet when even though my number fall bellow 10,370.walter.
You should probably be firing up all means of communication with the KCC[phone,fax, e-mail etc] until you get something CONCRETE. At least 2 people in the other threads did not hear from KCC until their interview date passed!!!
Don't worry about whether you are disturbing them [KCC] or not; keep pestering them. They cannot deny you a visa and obviously they cannot flog you.

Post office ke?

[i filled all the forms and sent it back on 13th of June 2006 when i did not hear from the KCC till January 15 2007 i decided to mail them but unfortunately,they told me that they did not recieve my filled form...
So,they now give me a link on the internet that i should go and re-print the forms and re-send it...i did that on 17th Janury through FEDEX,eh eh,pls don't send it through all this post office them be armed robbers!..
.... Play Safe Brother.[/QUOTE]
Just to reinforce my friend's advice, DV mails should only be handled by courier [DHL, FEDEX, UPS] This is too critical to delegate to NIPOST; it is only by God's mercy that the first NL's are even delivered.

please my advice is every interview is different but there are so basics like WAEC,passport photographs exactly like the one we submitted not the right ear ones stated in the 2nd letter, ID card if are working, and the most basic and essential part is constant prayer. God guide us through this journey, and i will continue to pray and fast with everyone. thank and God bless us.

That is a briliant one.Congrat.As regard ur waec can u pls explain better bicos most of us has these waec spelling syndrone,so wat is ur submission and experience during interview.thanks

Hi Baba agba,

Thank you so much for posting your experience, God has highly favoured you. Please can you explain this phrase "passport photographs exactly like the one we submitted not the right ear ones stated in the 2nd letter" Do you mean we should submit thesame photographs we submitted when we played the lottery orrrrrrrrrr the same ones we submitted after we got our notification letter and sent all the forms back to KCC?

To Baba Agba,

Birth certificate??? Please where can i find NPC? i also have some issues with my birth certificate. in my forms i filled, i stated I was born in ifelodun, lagos state, well that's what i thot but my mom just confirmed to me that ifelodun is a local government area [lol] that it's actually apapa. but the thing now is that on my birth certificate, ifelodun or the place in Lagos where i was born wasn't stated, it's only carrying Lagos state Government. So does it matter that place of birth in lagos wasn't mentioned.
secondly, only my tribal name was registered and my english was given after i was baptized. I was baptized Mary-Anne and that's what was written on my baptisimal certificate but from nursery school to now, I use Mary-ann, and that's what's in all my certificate. how do i prove it's thesame person knowing how finiky they would be with the "e"? or do i just go to NPC and ask for a new birth certificate carrying all these details? house what do u think?

just get a new passport

Hi Baba agba,

Thank you so much for posting your experience, God has highly favoured you. Please can you explain this phrase "passport photographs exactly like the one we submitted not the right ear ones stated in the 2nd letter" Do you mean we should submit thesame photographs we submitted when we played the lottery orrrrrrrrrr the same ones we submitted after we got our notification letter and sent all the forms back to KCC?

Dear MamaJ,
Just go to the embassy and snap another passport photograph, tell them that you do not want the right eye own but the normal passport the one you face the camara straight.It is b/w #500 to #800 depending on how you bargain and also make sure that it is printed well without shadow at the background or any other colour apart from white.All the embassy need is your current passport photograph and must be two copies.

mauriceeta

dv 2008 is out

been notified?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated March 17, 2007

Notification letters is being send out now. National Visa Service has listed DV2008 winners

Like in previous years I will try to keep an updated list of when winners in different regions has been notified.

Please reply to this thread with relevant info, including source of information.

When do they stop sending out NL's: In 2005 (DV-2006) KCC still sent out notification letters in the middle of July.

Info after country name is date recieved and in which country recieved.

OC - OCEANIA
Australia (Mar 14, USA)

SA - SOUTH AMERICA, CENTRAL AMERICA, AND THE CARIBBEAN
Barbados (Mar 16, USA)

AF - AFRICA
Kenya (Mar 16, USA)
Nigeria (Mar 16, USA)

EU - Europe

AS - Asia

Sources include, among others: nationalvisaservice.

this is extracted from a site,it is real ,people have been collecting theirs, only that nigeria postal service is poor.congrat to all selected.all the best

Confirmed

been notified?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated March 17, 2007

Notification letters is being send out now. National Visa Service has listed DV2008 winners

Like in previous years I will try to keep an updated list of when winners in different regions has been notified.

Please reply to this thread with relevant info, including source of information.

When do they stop sending out NL's: In 2005 (DV-2006) KCC still sent out notification letters in the middle of July.

Info after country name is date recieved and in which country recieved.

OC - OCEANIA
Australia (Mar 14, USA)

SA - SOUTH AMERICA, CENTRAL AMERICA, AND THE CARIBBEAN
Barbados (Mar 16, USA)

AF - AFRICA
Kenya (Mar 16, USA)
Nigeria (Mar 16, USA)

EU - Europe

AS - Asia

Sources include, among others: nationalvisaservice.

this is extracted from a site,it is real ,people have been collecting theirs, only that nigeria postal service is poor.congrat to all selected.all the best

At least 2 posts from this forum confirm receipt of dv-2008 NL [see dv-2008 thread]; please share if you hear more.

adey and mamaj

adey, so far your waec is authentic or if u have a higher degree, i think you u should home free, but the real thing is that God should help u find favour, mine had oluwa removed from my certificate and shortened to seun instead of oluwaseun. men i was scared, but God took control,

mama j, the issue of local government area, just go to NPC and get an attestation of birth, tell them how u want them to state your name, and also the place of birth, i guess u should alright with that.i didnt use the one i collected because they made a grave mistake on my name, so i just stuck with the certified true copy from my local government.just correct whatever needs to be corrected, i will get the address for NPC for u, u will need an affidavit for the attestation, the person that will swear the affidavit can be ur father or mum or elder ones, stating that they know and other stuff just go to any high court they have the format for affidavit. there is no rush really, the embassy is not keen on the date u get it, so take ur time.

the photograph am talking about is the specification of the ones we sent in short the standard photograph the embassy collects for all application.
i hope i answered ur questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

did u go to waec to pay for confermation of result.if yes how did u go about it,did they ask u any thing about the payment receipt at the embassy during ur interview.pls make us understand so that we wont go and pay unnecessary money.

Thank you Baba Agba and Mauriceeta, my questions were well answered. I can relax now and go to sleep. [smile]
I'll just wait for you to give me the addy of NPC and to the house did any of you put in for dv 2008? I was going to but I decided not to.