• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Congrats Migo

Congrats Migo,
It is the Lords doing and it is marvelous in the sight of this forum,I thank God for your life and want to use this medium to let everyone know that it does not matter how much you master your data that gets you a success in the interview. Pls always commit your ways unto the Lord that can help you. Only God can give one a success that we desire. The guy that was rejected on the basis of birth place, i beleive must have tried his best but it God that can see us through, Not he that willeth nor he that runneth but God that showeth mercy. So my advice to the rest of you that are yet to attend the interview is to totally surrender your ways and life to God and you will be glad you did. By strength shall no man prevail. God Bless you all and may all your dreams come through in Jesus name Amen .

Mauriceeta

Hi everyone,
I have been meaning to write a detailed account of my interview experience for days. I will attempt to describe my experience in the most concise way as possible. The interview process is really no different from what has been described extensively on this forum. The only difference I might say is that no two situations are the same. However, please adhere to the invaluable advice that has been dished out free of charge on this forum. I did adhere to them along and found GOD’s favour that’s why I am writing this account of my interview smiling

By the time I got to the embassy at 6:45am for my 7:00am appointment, it was as if I was late, the embassy was swarming with people. I stood in line until it got to my turn. I had to stand in that very long queue at the embassy gate twice because I failed to open my medical test results and the xray, so one overzealous/glorified security guard made me and many other DV/IV applicants do the queue yet a second time.

Well after all that, I entered the embassy and quickly paid $400 and was given a change of $25. After a while, my number was called shortly before 9:00am and I was asked to submit my papers – WAEC, degree, birth cert and police report. Little did I know that the journey has just begun.

I was the last person to be attended to at about 3:55pm, the embassy was completely deserted, it was as if I was a special case, but while I waited to be called for the interview proper, it gave me a chance to listen to so many cases. On that day, there were about 6 DV cases and many IV cases. Out of the few DV cases, about 3 were rejections/disqualifications – on the basis of insufficient minimum requirements (WAEC grades) or work experience. However, the most touching of all these disqualifications was one guy. He was disqualified because he gave a different town in Ogun State as his place of birth when asked by the consular officer as against Abeokuta which he filled out while entering for the lottery. The lesson here is, please go over what you filled tirelessly so as to acquaint yourself. That scene still haunts me till this day, you can’t imagine spending so much time and money only to be turn down. Nothing could be more traumatic . I I pray that none of us should ever have such an experience.

Did you guys know that, the pictures you uploaded while entering for the lottery is cross checked against every DV winner? Oh yeah, when there is a discrepancy/facial mismatch, that sows the first seeds of doubt on the mind of the consular officer. But in my case, I hadn’t really changed much facially speaking, so I passed test number one.

Anyway, I was asked only three questions:

Which university did you attend?
What did you study?
Please distinguish double entry accounting from single entry accounting

After answering question three, the consular officer told me that it was the best answer she had ever gotten for that question. Well she was friendly and patient. For a while, I forgot I was being interview, it was as if we had both known ourselves from somewhere. She told me, “welcome to America”, and immediately gave me a pick-up slip and asked me to return for my visa after one month.

Well folks, I think I have been able to give you a run down of my experience, I hope it helps someone as I benefited from many postings on this forum. May your DV interview turn out to be successful. Amen!
wao that is quit great.I really appreciate the way u explain ur interview experience most expectially ur observation during the interview section of other dv winner,these will as well let us know obout other dv winner not in the forum,that was why i sent my message earlier that for every victorious winners if u know about other people interview during the course of urs pls kindly pass it to the floor so that we can gain more.i pray every body in this forum will have cause to smile at the end of september.for those of us that have gone for our interview pls let us try to post our experience dont let us be selfish bicos we have gain as well from this forum,so let us pay back our own tiet by pasting our experience to the floor either good or bad.i wish every body all the best.

Hello Everybody,
I just discover the true meaning of "Mother's Maiden Name", what I feel in the forms I sent was my mum's Name not her surname before she got married, I hope this does not affect anything? Or Do I need to mail KCC about the correction?
Very Urgent! ! ! ! ! ! !
Thanks
how are u doing.i dont see any big deal in that,since it is not ur personal info but to be on safe side u can mail them to effect the mistake.send with explanation

Interpretaion

Congrats Migo & Thonia,

I really rejoice with you guys. I am deeply touched by the story of that guy from Abeokuta.

Probably i should share this with you guys. Before our interview, my wife and i went to see an immigration consultant just not to leave any stone unturned.

The man simulated some expected questions for us as if we were in the embassy. The first question he asked me in particular was "where are you from?" and i said abeokuta whereas i was born in ibadan but my parents are from abeokuta. You know this tribal belief that you are from your parents states of origin.

The man candidly told me that if i say that at the embassy, then that will be the end of the interview. He further explained that the place of your birth is where you should reckon with and that is the way Americans think. He said i should tell them that i was born in ibadan but my parents are from abeokuta.
That prepared me well enough and you can believe that was the first question they asked. I now know that if i had said otherwise, then i wont be where am today.

So you guys, this a real lesson for us. the question can come in several way e.g where are you from? what is your state of birth? etc.

Above all, trust God and pray that our heads will not refuse good things. Yoruba people will say "Olorun ma jeki Ori tako eniyan". "Modest" please help me interpret this for my fellow country men and women.:D

We are fine here in atlanta. It is good to let you know that God is still doing wonders.

I love you all and please know that GOD IS WITH YOU ALL in spite of the slow cutt off no.

Please Where are Jerci, Adebayo, Temi and Obinna?

Regrd

WLD

Above all, trust God and pray that our heads will not refuse good things. Yoruba people will say "Olorun ma jeki Ori tako eniyan". "Modest" please help me interpret this for my fellow country men and women.:D
Igbo version "Chineke ekwela ka isi anyi ju ifeoma"

How Atlanta

Reminder

I must confess that i love the way everybody contributed to this issue of place of birth and it an essential one, i also had to go through my docket and refresh my brain with the information and you know with all these change of date of birth for the sake of government work, one has to be careful.

One person demanded to know the answer to why he or she will like to go to the states, nobody actually answered, though i cannt remeber who the person is, but pls i will love the question to be answered

I also will like to advice fellow members that once their questions have not been answered in the forum, they should not be tired of bringing it up again no matter the number of times, as we all can see, we are closer to September than any other month, so we need as much informationas we can have.

Temi, Adebayo. Jcries, Baba Agba and others we say big up and expecting to read from you

Hi houx,
How is everybody doing 2day? hope cool sha.
Modest, i think i asked the house dat question asper- why do you want to go to US? I saw the question in one of those question posted by 2tee. And i think we should find an answer to it cos it look very simple but its not.

1. To Adebayo and Shelnkid's reply to my mail on 5th of march as regard single applicant that we dont need AOS. What then are the requirement for single applicant?
2. I have read the thread from pages 1-60, I even printed the pages in hard copy going to about 192 pages. From the discussion so far, the likely question has been on married ppl and alittle about those who are single, Can anyone please give me a link where i can possibly see or read about question relating to single applicant. Or if you have any related question just post it.
I'll appreciate it and for those of us who are still single.

Congrats Migo & Thonia,

I really rejoice with you guys. I am deeply touched by the story of that guy from Abeokuta.

Probably i should share this with you guys. Before our interview, my wife and i went to see an immigration consultant just not to leave any stone unturned.

The man simulated some expected questions for us as if we were in the embassy. The first question he asked me in particular was "where are you from?" and i said abeokuta whereas i was born in ibadan but my parents are from abeokuta. You know this tribal belief that you are from your parents states of origin.

The man candidly told me that if i say that at the embassy, then that will be the end of the interview. He further explained that the place of your birth is where you should reckon with and that is the way Americans think. He said i should tell them that i was born in ibadan but my parents are from abeokuta.
That prepared me well enough and you can believe that was the first question they asked. I now know that if i had said otherwise, then i wont be where am today.

So you guys, this a real lesson for us. the question can come in several way e.g where are you from? what is your state of birth? etc.

We are fine here in atlanta. It is good to let you know that God is still doing wonders.

I love you all and please know that GOD IS WITH YOU ALL in spite of the slow cutt off no.

Please Where are Jerci, Adebayo, Temi and Obinna?

Regrd

WLD

I still dey my brother,

How is life in the US living as a "PR"??

Thank you for your concern...It's a honour to be a member of this great family...I appreciate.

My regards to your family.

I must confess that i love the way everybody contributed to this issue of place of birth and it an essential one, i also had to go through my docket and refresh my brain with the information and you know with all these change of date of birth for the sake of government work, one has to be careful.

One person demanded to know the answer to why he or she will like to go to the states, nobody actually answered, though i cannt remeber who the person is, but pls i will love the question to be answered

I also will like to advice fellow members that once their questions have not been answered in the forum, they should not be tired of bringing it up again no matter the number of times, as we all can see, we are closer to September than any other month, so we need as much informationas we can have.

Temi, Adebayo. Jcries, Baba Agba and others we say big up and expecting to read from you

My Bro,
I still dey "Kampe" waiting for my number to be current.

You know what folks? looking through the past bulletins in the past years...I observed that atleast once in every year there is always a jump for Nigeria and so far that jump has not come yet.

Secondly, I think if you are with a high case number the only country you stand a better chance on been interviewed is Nigeria...by this, I say another congrat to those of us with high case numbers:D .

I think those of us with high case number will be opportune to have our numbers current when that jump comes...if you see the cut off for AF is 20,000 plus which means we are on the right track...:p I mean those of us with high case numbers.

And I forsee that great jump coming up in the next 2 months...

Finally, If I'm been asked why I want to travel/move to the U.S?

I will simply say,America is known to be the land of opportunity and since I want the best for myself and my family, I want to avail myself/family all the opportunities in life.
That is why I am ....

Remember folks, let keep faith alive as faith precedes the MIRACLE.

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jrices,

I tap into your faith ohh and trust God that our numbers will definately be current before the 30th of September. Amen. Like you said Nigeria is the only country that plp with high case numbers have the opportunity to be interviewed.:D Na wah has anyone seen or heard from Pastor Adebayo???? quite a while now

To MOJI,

you said on the day of your interview, that only 6 dv's were interviewed meaning in one full day only 6 plp were interviewed. I was amazed by that figure coz going by the number of plp in nigeria [9thousand + plp that won] that figure is too small for just one day's interview?????? Abi what do u think????????

To sinexworldwide,

I think you should write kcc and make the corrections regarding the madien name stuff to be on the safe side. I also made some mistakes that i observed on saturday when going thru my forms again and i wrote Kcc to make the corrections for me.

wat do u mean by

My Bro,
I still dey "Kampe" waiting for my number to be current.

You know what folks? looking through the past bulletins in the past years...I observed that atleast once in every year there is always a jump for Nigeria and so far that jump has not come yet.

Secondly, I think if you are with a high case number the only country you stand a better chance on been interviewed is Nigeria...by this, I say another congrat to those of us with high case numbers:D .

I think those of us with high case number will be opportune to have our numbers current when that jump comes...if you see the cut off for AF is 20,000 plus which means we are on the right track...:p I mean those of us with high case numbers.

And I forsee that great jump coming up in the next 2 months...

Finally, If I'm been asked why I want to travel/move to the U.S?

I will simply say,America is known to be the land of opportunity and since I want the best for myself and my family, I want to avail myself/family all the opportunities in life.
That is why I am ....

Remember folks, let keep faith alive as faith precedes the MIRACLE.

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL
how are u doing,i like ue spirit,u insteal confidence in me.
To ur submission,how do u meam Nigeria has better chance to be call for interview,no matter ur high case number.pls explain better to convinse people with high number, that there is hope.

jump

how are u doing,i like ue spirit,u insteal confidence in me.e
To ur submission,how do u meam Nigeria has better chance to be call for interview,no matter ur high case number.pls explain better to convinse people with high number, that there is hope.

if u take a little time to go thru the archive bulletin, you will realise that at a certain month which is not specific in every year all nigerians' case number will become current and once ur number is current u stand a chance t bo interviewd

please,can some one tell me why i have not received notification letter yet when even though my number fall bellow 10,370.walter.

hi there people.thanx for all ur contributions.
i noticed that in the 2004 bulletin there was no jump for 9ja cos by sept.the last number made current was 18,600.i pray it will not be the same this year.
i also forsee a jump for Nigeria for the month of June.
thanx all.

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness

The 1774 U.S. Declaration of Independence states inter alia that "..all men ..are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights. Among these are the rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness"
This has become summarised as "The American Dream".
Sounds to me like a very good reason to come to America

Hello Hedi,
Well i am new to this place i just got here when i was surfing the internet about likely question they ask on the interview date.
Though i get wetin dey disturb me too o,but let me help answer your question. If you are among the 2007 dv winner then you are still lucky but you need to be fast!b'cos it seems we had almost thesame story....i was at Niger state where i was serving {NYSC}when the letter got to my house, they thought it was one of those seminar and symposia forms. To cut the story short it was sent on April 12 2006 and i got it on June 10 2006...i filled all the forms and sent it back on 13th of June 2006 when i did not hear from the KCC till January 15 2007 i decided to mail them but unfortunately,they told me that they did not recieve my filled form...Men,when i was reading that mail i didn'know when little "pee" exit through my private pipe! It's not funny my brother.
So,they now give me a link on the internet that i should go and re-print the forms and re-send it...i did that on 17th Janury through FEDEX,eh eh,pls don't send it through all this post office them be armed robbers!..they are
all bullshit....So i thank God they got the fill forms on 19th January
2007. and i think if you are fast they will treat your case before sept 2007.
By now i think you must have gained little from my story,so pls try hard to do it as fast as you can.
Play Safe Brother.

Just be Fast!

Hello Hedi,
Well i am new to this place i just got here when i was surfing the internet about likely question they ask on the interview date.
Though i get wetin dey disturb me too o,but let me help answer your question. If you are among the 2007 dv winner then you are still lucky but you need to be fast!b'cos it seems we had almost thesame story....i was at Niger state where i was serving {NYSC}when the letter got to my house, they thought it was one of those seminar and symposia forms. To cut the story short it was sent on April 12 2006 and i got it on June 10 2006...i filled all the forms and sent it back on 13th of June 2006 when i did not hear from the KCC till January 15 2007 i decided to mail them but unfortunately,they told me that they did not recieve my filled form...Men,when i was reading that mail i didn'know when little "pee" exit through my private pipe! It's not funny my brother.
So,they now give me a link on the internet that i should go and re-print the forms and re-send it...i did that on 17th Janury through FEDEX,eh eh,pls don't send it through all this post office them be armed robbers!..they are
all bullshit....So i thank God they got the fill forms on 19th January
2007. and i think if you are fast they will treat your case before sept 2007.
By now i think you must have gained little from my story,so pls try hard to do it as fast as you can.
Play Safe Brother.

Hello everyone here, I have just contacted the KCC about my notification letter and they told me that it has been sent since February 22 and till now i have not recieved it. what do I do?the KCC even told me my interview date which is below 20th of April and today is already 20th of March i think time is not my friend...pls can somebody help me with this Little HEADACHE?
What is the content of the notification letter?how will i know where,how and when to do the medical test? Somebody pls me me here.

Hi Egorume,
If you are from Nigeria, your number will be current in April, so the best thing for you to do now is to write KCC and tell them you found out your number would be current in april and that you haven't received your package yet. Make sure u write ur full name, full case number and date of birth before telling them about ur problem that's if you are from Nigeria. So u better write now and be sure ur notification letter has been sent out?