• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Glad

I'm always happy to come the houx to read from ppl's opinion.
I'M also a winner but i'm still trying to catch up with you guys by taking my time to read from page 1 to the last page.
I always want us to count our blessings, not our problems. This can be done thru ur suggestions on how to go about our interview, what to take along to the interview and how to move the houx forward.
We also have to remember this adage: Amateurs built the Ark ......... that survived the most dangerous flood that ever happen in man's history...,but Professionals built the Titanic ..... we all know what happen to it at the end of the day.
If God brings us to it ... to be selected out of millions of ppl. He will bring us throught it.
For us to be Among this special ppl. We are special, priceless too, no matter the system KCC/US Emb Naija is using, we shall scale thru.
The worth of our lives comes not in what we do or who we know but by who we are and whose we are. No matter what has happen or what will happen, We will never lose our value.
Please guys continue to alert us incase of any news and Jehovah will continue to bless us all.
I should have mention names but i wont just continue ur good deeds.

Yours

McBen

am glad you understand the spirit.
we all believe in the power of positive thinking, and you know we are so blessed in this forum, we have pastor, we have babas, we have mamas, omos and a lot of blessed people,
may God bless all of us

You will take the expired passport to the passport office and tell them you want to renew,
They will ask you to pay a certain amount.
After payment, they will stamp the same passport, "This passport is renewed on .......... and valid till......."

As far as you still have vacant pages in the passport.

Hi Guys!!!!!!!!
I can see that all of us are really having nice time in this forum, yap! pls keep the spirit up.
Concerning the renewal of Passport, i can't just remember the site again but I know I had once come across that info on a site that YOUR PASSPORT MUST BE AT LEAST 6 MONTH VALID from the date of your interview.
So, please take note. To renew is not expensive, i just did mine last two weeks.

what do i do

Hey Guys,
Our Interview is next week, i want to say that i do not have my secondary Testimonial and my FSLC (primary) here in Lagos But i have my GCE Cert. Do i need to travel and get them or go with my GCE only. Please you guys should reply and let me know.
Mauriceeta

Hey Guys,
Our Interview is next week, i want to say that i do not have my secondary Testimonial and my FSLC (primary) here in Lagos But i have my GCE Cert. Do i need to travel and get them or go with my GCE only. Please you guys should reply and let me know.
Mauriceeta

hello
as regards ur question.the basic qualification for the lottery is WAEC OR GCE AND NECO.every other cert are compliment to these,if u feel it will be convenient for u, u can go get it but if not i dont think there will be any problem.but i will advise u go and get it bicos they (consulars) like seeing old records, that will convence them more that u are giving them reall data about urselve.but as i have said with ur GCE cert u are ok for the interview

good information

Hi Guys!!!!!!!!
I can see that all of us are really having nice time in this forum, yap! pls keep the spirit up.
Concerning the renewal of Passport, i can't just remember the site again but I know I had once come across that info on a site that YOUR PASSPORT MUST BE AT LEAST 6 MONTH VALID from the date of your interview.
So, please take note. To renew is not expensive, i just did mine last two weeks.

it is true that passport has to be valid for at least 6months.
since you renewed ur passport 2weeks ago, kindly share the price so that others could be guided

school cert

Hey Guys,
Mauriceeta

I will want to agree with adey, but if you feel you can make the trip, it is ok.

Also your highest qualification will be more important than the pry school cert.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys!!!!!!!!

Hi Sinexworldwide,

I will suggest that you get a fresh passport. I know that Nigerian passport has 10 years life validity but you can only use it for 5years and then renew it for another 5 years. The issue is that American, British and German embassies only accept a machine readable passport.

What that means is that when your passport is scanned through a machine, all your information on the passport is automatically transfered to the the scanner machines. This scanner machines has been deploedy all over the POE so they dont need to manually input your details.

The implication of renewal of any passport that has elapsed 5 years is that the expired date on the passport is carried over when your passport is scanned although renewed.

When you renew, your passport will only be stamped and they will chop your 3k but the immigration officer will not adjust electronically the expired passport date and as such the new expired date will not reflect when scanned.

I know that German embassy will return your passport and ask you to get a fresh one but i am not sure of American embassy but i knew that one woman came to the embassy with such passport and was returned on the day of our interview. I will advise that you clarify this issue with the consulate.

I also had a passport that expired in feb 2006. I never bothered to renew it because i knew the implication. Although it was cheaper to renew but i opted for a fresh one in the same name

If you want a fresh one, take this other expired one along and show the immigration officer.

Wishing you all the best.

renewal issue

this is the response i got when i mailed the embassy.
i think the issue iswith the old passport, because this ones are not machine readable.

Subject: RE: passport
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 09:43:21 +0100
From: "LgsCons" <lagoscons2@state.gov> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: "MOTUNRAYO LYDIA" <sesatuye4life@yahoo.com>
If you have renewed your passport for five more years you can use it for the interview.

Correspondence Unit

US Consulate Lagos

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 7:41 AM
To: LgsCons
Subject: passport

good morning ma/sir,

my passport has expired and i just renewed for another five years, i would like to know if i can still use it for my dv interview.is it tenable at your embassy or do i need to get a new one?

thank you

pls let trust in God

I just want all of us to be very prayerful and put our trust in God, He never Fails and there is no failure in his history, i am sure that every one of us shall get to the promised land.

need information on sponsor

Hi friends and thanks for all your contribution to this forum.
pls i need clarification on this sponsor of a thing .some people said that when they were interview they did not ask for this .so i want to know if there is any one that knows what your sponsor will do for you and what are the document that you have to send to the person .
my second questions is this that is there other question that someone need to know apart from the one the two tees have send wether you are married or single.

Questions

Hi friends and thanks for all your contribution to this forum.
pls i need clarification on this sponsor of a thing .some people said that when they were interview they did not ask for this .so i want to know if there is any one that knows what your sponsor will do for you and what are the document that you have to send to the person .
my second questions is this that is there other question that someone need to know apart from the one the two tees have send wether you are married or single.

Regarding the sponsor issue, so many things have been said about that in the thread, I will advice that you take a little time, read the thread from pages 30 to 50 you will have some information that you require, but if not, you should still hold to your question, but i sincerely feel that you will get all the information.
Interview is a game of faith, we have advice people to come back and share with us what their experince looked like, and they have been doing that, but you will agree with me that, if you do not go lake for your interview and you are about to have answers to those forty five questions, any other thing that you will be asked will centre around them and will just be work-over.
Be bold and trust in God, also beleive in the power of positive thinking.

good information

this is the response i got when i mailed the embassy.
i think the issue iswith the old passport, because this ones are not machine readable.

Subject: RE: passport
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 09:43:21 +0100
From: "LgsCons" <lagoscons2@state.gov> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: "MOTUNRAYO LYDIA" <sesatuye4life@yahoo.com>
If you have renewed your passport for five more years you can use it for the interview.

Correspondence Unit

US Consulate Lagos

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 7:41 AM
To: LgsCons
Subject: passport

good morning ma/sir,

my passport has expired and i just renewed for another five years, i would like to know if i can still use it for my dv interview.is it tenable at your embassy or do i need to get a new one?

thank you

This is a good information and will reduce the rate of heart attack.
So you can renew your passport now, which is cheaper.
Abi you get plenty money to dash out?

God be with us all, the word of the Lord came to me this morning saying; He will make our days to be like the days of Heaven now and even after we get to America, if you believe it shout Hallelujah!.

Lets us continue to pray for ourselves everyday especially for some us that will be going for the interview this month, remember prayer saved Jabez. God bless us all.

Prayer

God be with us all, the word of the Lord came to me this morning saying; He will make our days to be like the days of Heaven now and even after we get to America, if you believe it shout Hallelujah!.

Lets us continue to pray for ourselves everyday especially for some us that will be going for the interview this month, remember prayer saved Jabez. God bless us all.

Hallelujah, Amen

it is true that passport has to be valid for at least 6months.
since you renewed ur passport 2weeks ago, kindly share the price so that others could be guided

I paid a sum of N2,750 or theabout into their designated UBA account here in Ibadan, but of course trust Niger people now, they collected extra N2,000 off receipt and record, any way just prepare roughly 5K.
I hope this helps.

Hi Sinexworldwide,

I will suggest that you get a fresh passport. I know that Nigerian passport has 10 years life validity but you can only use it for 5years and then renew it for another 5 years. The issue is that American, British and German embassies only accept a machine readable passport.

What that means is that when your passport is scanned through a machine, all your information on the passport is automatically transfered to the the scanner machines. This scanner machines has been deploedy all over the POE so they dont need to manually input your details.

The implication of renewal of any passport that has elapsed 5 years is that the expired date on the passport is carried over when your passport is scanned although renewed.

When you renew, your passport will only be stamped and they will chop your 3k but the immigration officer will not adjust electronically the expired passport date and as such the new expired date will not reflect when scanned.

I know that German embassy will return your passport and ask you to get a fresh one but i am not sure of American embassy but i knew that one woman came to the embassy with such passport and was returned on the day of our interview. I will advise that you clarify this issue with the consulate.

I also had a passport that expired in feb 2006. I never bothered to renew it because i knew the implication. Although it was cheaper to renew but i opted for a fresh one in the same name

If you want a fresh one, take this other expired one along and show the immigration officer.

Wishing you all the best.

Thanks alot man,
but, the Consular Office had already have my record with them, i have applied for study permit before at the embassy that i was denied, going for another passport now might not really help and secondly, I can't really remember, but, is my passport number not in the forms sent then? i can't remember.
I belief that God is working behind the scene concerning everythings.

attachement

Hello everyone,
God bless us all.

Pastor, how you dey, I beg u help me see my in-law MamaJ, e be like say the 1million Naira don pursue the woman, I beg help me tell her not to knock the door any more, she should just come in with a jeep of any model and size.

Did you see the attachment, you never said anything,

Have a blessed working week ahead

Pastor, how you dey, I beg u help me see my in-law MamaJ, e be like say the 1million Naira don pursue the woman, I beg help me tell her not to knock the door any more, she should just come in with a jeep of any model and size.

Did you see the attachment, you never said anything,

Have a blessed working week ahead

MamaJ is very much around, she has been so busy trying to raise N1M:) , now that you have reduced the knock knock item to JUST Jeep, i think she will be less busy. Time is fast running out so we have to fix their wedding date ooo, everybody in the house, pls we are planing the wedding ceremony btw MODEST daughter and MAMAJ son, i am the chief planner, we need your support i will post my Account number so you can pay in there, minimum of N1M cash :D no returned cheque pls.

MODEST Are you talking of the Traffic Light attachment?

Dear Guys

I am happy to let you all know that i went to the interview with my wife yesterday and it was successful and we have been given a slip to come and pick up our visas in one month time.
The interview was very smooth and i felt that we were even discussing and not interview. Pls i want you all to know that the interview is base on individual cases, do not sterotipe yourself of question that was asked someone else and think that the same will be your case. Just make sure that your result are ok and be very bold and confident also feel free with the consular and smile along with her and awswer the question correctly and the most commit the day to God and i tell you with all these, be sure to get the VIsa.
I love you all and thank every one for their contributions.

Best regards,
mauriceeta