• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Happy New Year

I WISH U AL HAPPY NEW YEAR, AM BACK TO LET U KNOW WAT U FEEL ABOUT UR COMING UP INTERVIEW.
I PRAY DIS YEAR U AL HAVE UR INTERVIEW AND UR VISA TOO, IF U BELIVING IN GOD.
AS U WELCOME TO NEW YEAR, U WIL ALSO WELCOME USA :cool:

jrcies said:
No embassy is authorized to notarized affidavit of support.

a consular officer at the US embassy/consulate can notarize an affidavit. It says so in the affidavit instructions:

If you are outside the United States, the affidavit must be sworn to or notice affirmed before a U.S. consular or immigration officer.

hello.how are u guys doing

How are u all doing.happy new yr to every one on these portal.am a member only that am not paticipating one.pls can some one help to answer this question.is like the name on my birth certificate and weac certificate is OLAJOBI ISMAILA ADESHINA.but dew to modernisation i now use OLAJOBI ISMAIL ADESHINA degree cert and to play the lottery.the difference in the name is A .in this kind of scenero wat do u think i kind do. an

hello

i have another thing that is not cleared to me,pls any body dat can assist pls.the available visa is 50,000.assuming am a family man and i won as principal applicant and i have my wife and 3 kids making 5.my question is,from the available 50000 visa is it that 5 visa will be deducted or only that of the principal applicant.pls am confuse kindly enlight me on these

LucyMO said:
a consular officer at the US embassy/consulate can notarize an affidavit. It says so in the affidavit instructions:

If you are outside the United States, the affidavit must be sworn to or notice affirmed before a U.S. consular or immigration officer.

Don't get me wrong,this has to be done by the person issuing the affidavit of support at the country of which the person resides...not the person receiving it, notarizing it

adey said:
i have another thing that is not cleared to me,pls any body dat can assist pls.the available visa is 50,000.assuming am a family man and i won as principal applicant and i have my wife and 3 kids making 5.my question is,from the available 50000 visa is it that 5 visa will be deducted or only that of the principal applicant.pls am confuse kindly enlight me on these

Simple arithmetic :D subtract 5 visas out of the 50,000 visa.

Happy New Year

My People am back for real, how una holiday, just came back from my village where there is no internet facilities, THIS IS THE YEAR, I HAVE SEEN IT, GOD SAID IT I BELIEVE IT AND THAT SETTLES IT. FOR THIS YEAR God is with us, this is my word of encouragement for today........

Daily Light

This one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,... I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Father, I will that they ... whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me. I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.
Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus.

Phil. 3:13,14. John 17:24. 2 Tim. 1:12. Phil. 1:6. 1 Cor. 9:24,25. Heb. 12:1,2.

I have seen it, MY FATHER LORD GOD TOLD ME THAT THIS IS OUR YEAR :) , i see the CASE numbers moving exceedingly fast, i see all of us BEING interviewed, i see all of us rejoicing in the lord, i see nobody BEING rejected, i see the light, please key into these because i see the light, i see heaven on earth because of all of us.
Welcome to our year of success, and also remember to pray for our nation, for a peaceful election. I SEE YOU AT THE TOP. LOVE YOU ALL. HAPPY NEW YEAR. :D

Supporting Evidence

MamaJ said:
Happyyyyyyyyy new year to everyone. Thank God we saw this year, it's a blessing from God.
2Tee, nooooooo u were not being efiokish, thank you so much for the post, u have helpedddddddddd us, don't know about others but meeeeeeee expecially. alot of questions i have never thought about and i thank you. would have been funny if u get to the interview hall and u are being asked a question u are not prepared for :confused: don't know what will happen?????.
yes one question i want to ask, I haven't met my sponsor before, he's my hubby's family friend. so if am being asked have u met ur sponsor before, what do i then say, "No"??? :confused:

Hi Mama J,

Happy new year. I agree with Jrcies that if asked the question you should tell them you've never met the sponsor but he's your husband's friend. You and your husband should start communicating with the friend as much as possible via e-mail while waiting for your interview to come. Remember to take along printed copies of some of those mails to the embassy as evidence in case you are asked if there's any proof of relationship. We took along things like that though we didn't need to tender them eventually. U won't be able to take in your cell phones so you can prove communication via phone!

Also make sure you go through the AOS sent by the sponsor to have a good knowledge of his biodata. Your husband could give you basic info about his friend prior to the interview in case he's not beside you to help out while you're being interviewed. Our sponsor was known to only one of us but we had discussed extensively about him and either of us had enough information to talk confidently about him. You may also want to take along a few pictures of the sponsor. My take is 'it's better to go with more info than required".

I noticed on our interview date that several of the old women going to visit their children went unprepared. Get all evidence properly filed and kept handy beside you in a bag or brief case. You can imagine someone asking you for a picture of your child as evidence of relationship and you have to scamper back to your seat and rummage through your bag that you left behind on the chair to get such a vital evidence out. These are some of the little things I believe irritate them because even for me watching, I felt irritated. One woman like that was actually told to go and do a DNA test :eek: to prove her relationship to the daughter she was going to visit!

My husband and I have subsequently been taking pictures with members of our extended family so they can begin to build up the supporting evidence they will use when they want to come over to see us in the US.

N.B. On this basis, I advise that everyone starts taking pictures with loved ones you're going to be bringing over to the US on visits etc after you've received your green card etc. Such pictures tendered at the embassy will go a long to prove their relationship to you. Even for those yet to go for interview and have children & spouses , make sure you have family pictures you can tender at the embassy during your interview. If you don't have, start going to photo studios etc. to take some!

A friend who was relocating to the UK a couple of years back had a tough time proving that her 4 young children were hers. She had no pictures taken together with them 'cos the family seemed to have a phobia for taking pictures together. It took her over a year to get them to join her in the UK.

For all you know, your DV high number may be a blessing in disguise to give you enough time to build up some formidable evidence that will see you through to America!

All the best.

2Tee

Interview near no 2nd letter

Just got mail from KCC confirming my interview date for 1st week february but no 2nd letter still and search at post office no clue. Just sent mail to embassy what else can I do :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
go to embassy for the forms

u can go to the embassy for the forms but ensure that the interview date being sent to u by kcc re printed out cos thats only way to get in .remain bless.

adey said:
How are u all doing.happy new yr to every one on these portal.am a member only that am not paticipating one.pls can some one help to answer this question.is like the name on my birth certificate and weac certificate is OLAJOBI ISMAILA ADESHINA.but dew to modernisation i now use OLAJOBI ISMAIL ADESHINA degree cert and to play the lottery.the difference in the name is A .in this kind of scenero wat do u think i kind do. an

Hmm :( !!!See wetin modernisation don cause for you. For you to be on a safer side, I will suggest, you send an email to the KCC, as only the KCC can give your a definite and correct response on this.

adey said:

Hi Adey,

Is ISMAIL/A your first name or middle name? If it is your first name, then i dont have any solution for you but if it is your middle name, i will suggest the following:

1) that you stick to the name you used for the DV. You can go National Population Commission (NPC) to obtain attestation of birth using the names you used for DV. To do that you will need one of your parents to swear on oath (sworn declaration of age) at any high court in your location. (The format i can send to you box if you want or go to this site for a template: http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/birth-certificate.html) This will cost you about 3K.

Doing this will handle the issue on the birth cert.

2) Swear an affidavit ( using your the names on your DV) that you are the owner of the said original certificate quoting the centre, candidate no, certicate no, the date of the exam (The format i can send to you box if you want). Take this affidavit with the original waec result/notification slip to WAEC for result confirmation. This will cost you 5k.

This action will mitigate the issue on your waec result.

I had to get an attestation of birth from NPC because i never had one but my wife's had a mutilated birth certficate and an expert in NPC advised us to discard her birth cert and get an attestation of birth which is among of the prefarable documents in proving your date of birth.

I also had issue on my waec cert. My middle name is Olatunbosun. But during the exam registration if i can remember, the name was shorten for lack of space to "Tunbosun". In your own case, what is missing is just a letter, but in own case 3 letters, so you can imagine.

You dont have to fear once you have a sworn affidavit for the cert and the organisation that issued the cert confirms it against the names on your DV.

You can clarify these with a lawyer.

Best of luck

WLD

obinna43 said:
u can go to the embassy for the forms but ensure that the interview date being sent to u by kcc re printed out cos thats only way to get in .remain bless.

Obinna43,

How are you? Hope you are fine?

Please what is the latest on your case? Please let us know.

WLD

Happy New Year Folks,

2Tee & WLD, many thanks for all the info and contributions on this Thread.

2Tee said:
Hi Mama J,

Happy new year. I agree with Jrcies that if asked the question you should tell them you've never met the sponsor but he's your husband's friend. You and your husband should start communicating with the friend as much as possible via e-mail while waiting for your interview to come. Remember to take along printed copies of some of those mails to the embassy as evidence in case you are asked if there's any proof of relationship. We took along things like that though we didn't need to tender them eventually. U won't be able to take in your cell phones so you can prove communication via phone!

Also make sure you go through the AOS sent by the sponsor to have a good knowledge of his biodata. Your husband could give you basic info about his friend prior to the interview in case he's not beside you to help out while you're being interviewed. Our sponsor was known to only one of us but we had discussed extensively about him and either of us had enough information to talk confidently about him. You may also want to take along a few pictures of the sponsor. My take is 'it's better to go with more info than required".

I noticed on our interview date that several of the old women going to visit their children went unprepared. Get all evidence properly filed and kept handy beside you in a bag or brief case. You can imagine someone asking you for a picture of your child as evidence of relationship and you have to scamper back to your seat and rummage through your bag that you left behind on the chair to get such a vital evidence out. These are some of the little things I believe irritate them because even for me watching, I felt irritated. One woman like that was actually told to go and do a DNA test :eek: to prove her relationship to the daughter she was going to visit!

My husband and I have subsequently been taking pictures with members of our extended family so they can begin to build up the supporting evidence they will use when they want to come over to see us in the US.

N.B. On this basis, I advise that everyone starts taking pictures with loved ones you're going to be bringing over to the US on visits etc after you've received your green card etc. Such pictures tendered at the embassy will go a long to prove their relationship to you. Even for those yet to go for interview and have children & spouses , make sure you have family pictures you can tender at the embassy during your interview. If you don't have, start going to photo studios etc. to take some!

A friend who was relocating to the UK a couple of years back had a tough time proving that her 4 young children were hers. She had no pictures taken together with them 'cos the family seemed to have a phobia for taking pictures together. It took her over a year to get them to join her in the UK.

For all you know, your DV high number may be a blessing in disguise to give you enough time to build up some formidable evidence that will see you through to America!

All the best.

2Tee

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]wowwwwwwwww 2Tee, u are amazing!!!!! thank you so much for your info, this will surely help me. Many and plenty kisses from me :D
I'll have to ask my hubby to ask my sponsor if we can start exchanging emails. My hubby is in america and they are very close, I just hope he will have the time to send mails coz he's a pharmacist and he's always busy at work. welllllll sending 2 or 3 emails won't hurt ;) You've really being a blessing to me and I quite agree with you, my DV high number maybe a blessing in disguise. thank u so much and thank u Jrcies too.
I love this forum :D [/FONT]

Document

Hi 2Tee,

After the Interview, do they keep the photocopies of the document you submit or they give everything back to you?

Secondly for kids, do they also run the blood test for children or just for the adults?

Finally how much do u think my sponsor shd have in his account to be considered okay for sponsorship?

Thank you

Fasting & Prayers

Guys,

The scriptures says in Prov. 21:1 that "The King's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever he wishes". Can we declare the 3rd Friday of everymonth a day to fast and pray on the rank number. Our prayer point will be that the Lord will hasten it for Nigeria in particular and Africa such that we all get early interview opportunities.

I think we should go beyond sitting and watching, we should change things on our knees. This is a matter we should bring to God everyday in our prayers and cap it up with the fast on every third friday of the month. For those that go to the Holy Ghost Night at the Redemption camp and other programs at other churches, it is a prayer point we should put at God's alter

I believe that with God nothing is impossible. 2007 will be a year of praise and wonders for all of us in Jesus name. Amen! God bless.

2007AF17***
Awaiting rank number to become current

FAL_DV2007 said:
Guys,

The scriptures says in Prov. 21:1 that "The King's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever he wishes". Can we declare the 3rd Friday of everymonth a day to fast and pray on the rank number. Our prayer point will be that the Lord will hasten it for Nigeria in particular and Africa such that we all get early interview opportunities.

I think we should go beyond sitting and watching, we should change things on our knees. This is a matter we should bring to God everyday in our prayers and cap it up with the fast on every third friday of the month. For those that go to the Holy Ghost Night at the Redemption camp and other programs at other churches, it is a prayer point we should put at God's alter

I believe that with God nothing is impossible. 2007 will be a year of praise and wonders for all of us in Jesus name. Amen! God bless.

2007AF17***
Awaiting rank number to become current

Good idea...3rd Friday is ok for me...