• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Affidavit of Support / Tax Returns

My friends,
I would appreciate if anyone knows & I wish to be clarified properly on the Tax Returns that will accompany the Affidavit of Support. If the Tax Returns is that of 2005 and your Visa Interview comes up 2007, can one still use the tax returns of the 2005 together with the Affidavit of Support or one is expected to produce tax returns of 2006 ?

why i have not contributed for a long time

i started reading this thread for about 6 months now. and each time i always feel frustrated cos the case number of everyone is quite low compare to mine, which is 31,000. pls any hope

Do Not Despair Oliveboy

Hi, my number is equaly high and am positive that i will be called for an interview. I always read encouraging info on this forum on a daily basis and I thank all of you for a great job. God bless you all.

Sample Interview Questions

Hi Guys,

Compliments.

Here are some sample interview questions which my husband and I compiled from various sources and rehearsed for our interview. Virtually all the 13 questions he was asked were on our list.

These are simple questions which you could assume you have correct answers to but you may be surprised at your performance the first time you go through them. In our own case, one of us was mixing up dates etc. until we had gone through the list about twice.

You may notice that some of the questions on the list are very similar but that was deliberate so that no matter how the consular officer chooses to ask the question, your answer would be the same. E.gs When did you marry your wife? 32.When is your wedding anniversary?

So please rehearse well and make your mistakes at home and not in front of the consular officer! :D

SAMPLE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

1. Why do you want to go to the US?
2. How did you know your sponsor?
3. What's the relationship between you and your sponsor?
4. When did your wife graduate?
5. Which university did she graduate from?
6. Have you ever met your sponsor?
7. What took your sponsor to the US?
8. When did your sponsor leave for the US?
9. When did your sponsor marry?
10. How many children does your sponsor have?
11. How old is he and is wife?
12. How long have you known your wife?
13. How old is your wife?
14. What's your wife's birthdate?
15. Where are you from?
16. Where is your wife from?
17. What's your daughter's birthdate?
18. What's your son's birthdate?
19. What do you do?
20. What does your wife do?
21. When did you serve?
22. What's your mother's/father's name?
23. When did your father die?
24. What are your parents-in-law first names?
25. How old are your parents-in-law?
26. Where did you meet your wife?
27. When did you meet your wife?
28. How long did you court for?
29. How long have you known your wife?
30. Where did you meet your wife?
31. When did you marry your wife?
32. When is your wedding anniversary?
33. When do you intend travelling?
34. What's your wife's favorite colour, food, song etc.
35. What school did you finish from?
36. What year?
37. How many times did you sit for school certificate exam?
38. When was the last exam?
39. What university did you attend?
40. When did you finish?
41. What course?
42. What was your best course?
43. Tell me something about it?
44. What was the title of your project?
45. Talk about the project for two minutes?

All the best.

2Tee

2Tee u are great

2Tee said:
Hi Guys,

Compliments.

Here are some sample interview questions which my husband and I compiled from various sources and rehearsed for our interview. Virtually all the 13 questions he was asked were on our list.

These are simple questions which you could assume you have correct answers to but you may be surprised at your performance the first time you go through them. In our own case, one of us was mixing up dates etc. until we had gone through the list about twice.

You may notice that some of the questions on the list are very similar but that was deliberate so that no matter how the consular officer chooses to ask the question, your answer would be the same. E.gs When did you marry your wife? 32.When is your wedding anniversary?

So please rehearse well and make your mistakes at home and not in front of the consular officer! :D

SAMPLE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

1. Why do you want to go to the US?
2. How did you know your sponsor?
3. What's the relationship between you and your sponsor?
4. When did your wife graduate?
5. Which university did she graduate from?
6. Have you ever met your sponsor?
7. What took your sponsor to the US?
8. When did your sponsor leave for the US?
9. When did your sponsor marry?
10. How many children does your sponsor have?
11. How old is he and is wife?
12. How long have you known your wife?
13. How old is your wife?
14. What's your wife's birthdate?
15. Where are you from?
16. Where is your wife from?
17. What's your daughter's birthdate?
18. What's your son's birthdate?
19. What do you do?
20. What does your wife do?
21. When did you serve?
22. What's your mother's/father's name?
23. When did your father die?
24. What are your parents-in-law first names?
25. How old are your parents-in-law?
26. Where did you meet your wife?
27. When did you meet your wife?
28. How long did you court for?
29. How long have you known your wife?
30. Where did you meet your wife?
31. When did you marry your wife?
32. When is your wedding anniversary?
33. When do you intend travelling?
34. What's your wife's favorite colour, food, song etc.
35. What school did you finish from?
36. What year?
37. How many times did you sit for school certificate exam?
38. When was the last exam?
39. What university did you attend?
40. When did you finish?
41. What course?
42. What was your best course?
43. Tell me something about it?
44. What was the title of your project?
45. Talk about the project for two minutes?

All the best.

2Tee

2Tee you are great there cannot be any better list than this. I am due soon and this list seem to have considered everything. Unless the the embassy staff wants to NPF. Wishing u happy new year in advance :cool:

Omitted Question

ROSMOJ said:
2Tee you are great there cannot be any better list than this. I am due soon and this list seem to have considered everything. Unless the the embassy staff wants to NPF. Wishing u happy new year in advance :cool:

Sorry, forgot to add the last question - What was your matric no. in school?

I asked my husband this question a day before the interview but he said he couldn't remember. Question also came out at the interview and my husband again said he couldn't remember considering he left school many years ago. The official told him those who left school much earlier than him usually remembered.

Thank God he didn't use it against us though I guess it means there's no crime in saying you don't know a question or can't remember a piece of info but just make sure it's not a vital one like "what's your spouse birthday?' :D
But to be on the safe side, revise the data you filled on the first forms. The questions more or less center on those forms.

Later, after we got the pink form, my husband confessed he could have searched his documents for the matric no but he was just too lazy to do so during our rehearsal prior to the interview. Can you imagine?

Men will always be men :( !

2Tee

Thousands of Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To 2Tee and Others,
I sincerely reejoice with you guys and guyses, oh sorry! and Mas. It's is really a good news. Congrats once again.
2Tee, how did u answer a question like "Why do you want to go to USA"? Happy New Year in Advance to everyone in the Forum.

An abridge version of "DV2007 Winners from Naija"

Hi Guys,

Compliments!!!

Please find below a link to an abridge version of this thread.

All our contributions since the beginning of this thread can be viewed on 2 pages.

This might be useful to those who just joined the forum or those who will join later. It will also prevent a repeat of questions that were already answered on this forum.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/archive/index.php/t-218127.html

Please note that the link to the 2nd page of is on top of the first page.

WLD

soken02000 said:
My friends,
I would appreciate if anyone knows & I wish to be clarified properly on the Tax Returns that will accompany the Affidavit of Support. If the Tax Returns is that of 2005 and your Visa Interview comes up 2007, can one still use the tax returns of the 2005 together with the Affidavit of Support or one is expected to produce tax returns of 2006 ?

Hi soken02000,

Compliments!!!

I think it will be better for you to get the most recent tax returns which in your own case will be that of 2006. From the instructions that came with our second package, it states that the most recent tax papers must be included.

All the best

WLD

Temi said:
Hello,
well as for us we presented affidavit of support from a friend(citizen) in the US.And he gave us all the required document we needed. Apart from that i presented a notarised job offer which stated all my allowances and date of resumption.We did not bother to take along with us our bank statement .

Hi Temi,

Compliments!!!

Can you please let us into how you got a job in US?

WLD

wld said:
Hi Temi,

Compliments!!!

Can you please let us into how you got a job in US?

WLD

Congratulations! for ur success in the interview and i must have to thank ur wife for all the info she has been dropping.
Well the job i got is the lords doing! Am an IT proffessional,Its a job offer from one of our partners in the US.

Congrats!!!

Congratulations to you 2Tee and WLD and thankkkkkkkkkkkk you 2Tee for all the info you shared with us, it's soooooo useful. I had to print them out so that i can also pratice with it.
WE in this forum we are sooooooooo blessed :D
[/COLOR
]

Thanks for the encouragement

MamaJ said:
Congratulations to you 2Tee and WLD and thankkkkkkkkkkkk you 2Tee for all the info you shared with us, it's soooooo useful. I had to print them out so that i can also pratice with it.
WE in this forum we are sooooooooo blessed :D
[/COLOR
]

Thanks MamaJ for the encouragement.

I actually began to think I was getting too boring and 'efiko-ish' with all the details I was posting and thought I should take a back seat. I'm happy some of you have found them useful.

My objective and prayer is that all of us on this forum get the pink letter which is why my postings are usually long and perhaps too detailed :rolleyes: 'cos you never can tell what one little info posted could do to help someone achieve a lifelong dream of going to the US as a permanent resident.

I wish everyone all of God's best in the coming year.

2Tee

Hi all, especially Jrcies, Pastor Adebayo, 2Tee and a special congratulations to people like WLD and family. I am a single DV winner, and I am having a bit of a problem securing an Affidavit of Support. But because I am in Education, I already have a Job offer. Besides my sponsor is promising to send a notarized letter stating that I will be given six months accomodation. Will these documents make up for the absence of an AOS. I also plan to complement these documents with my Nigerian Bank Statement. In other words, DON I NEED AN AOS BEING A SINGLE APPLICANT. Please advise!

Migo said:
Hi all, especially Jrcies, Pastor Adebayo, 2Tee and a special congratulations to people like WLD and family. I am a single DV winner, and I am having a bit of a problem securing an Affidavit of Support. But because I am in Education, I already have a Job offer. Besides my sponsor is promising to send a notarized letter stating that I will be given six months accomodation. Will these documents make up for the absence of an AOS. I also plan to complement these documents with my Nigerian Bank Statement. In other words, DON I NEED AN AOS BEING A SINGLE APPLICANT. Please advise!

Hi Migo,

You dont need AOS as a single applicant. The is stated in the instructions sent to us along with the second package. I dont think your bank details will be considered also. Your Job offer will give you a push.

Wishing you the best.

WLD

Happyyyyyyyyy new year to everyone. Thank God we saw this year, it's a blessing from God.
2Tee, nooooooo u were not being efiokish, thank you so much for the post, u have helpedddddddddd us, don't know about others but meeeeeeee expecially. alot of questions i have never thought about and i thank you. would have been funny if u get to the interview hall and u are being asked a question u are not prepared for :confused: don't know what will happen?????.
yes one question i want to ask, I haven't met my sponsor before, he's my hubby's family friend. so if am being asked have u met ur sponsor before, what do i then say, "No"??? :confused:

MamaJ said:
Happyyyyyyyyy new year to everyone. Thank God we saw this year, it's a blessing from God.
2Tee, nooooooo u were not being efiokish, thank you so much for the post, u have helpedddddddddd us, don't know about others but meeeeeeee expecially. alot of questions i have never thought about and i thank you. would have been funny if u get to the interview hall and u are being asked a question u are not prepared for :confused: don't know what will happen?????.
yes one question i want to ask, I haven't met my sponsor before, he's my hubby's family friend. so if am being asked have u met ur sponsor before, what do i then say, "No"??? :confused:

MamaJ,
I think it would be wise of you to say the truth as it were as
you will not be denied the visa because of not meeting with your sponsor.

Happy New Yr To Evry1

To everybody in the Forum, i throw my HAppy New Year greetings to una o, it is my prayer that God will make this year our year ooooo, the year we have been waiting for. Once happy new year.

Affidavit of Support

Can anyone explain what its means to have an affidavit of support notarized at the embassy?

Swift1010

2007AF22****

swift1010 said:
Can anyone explain what its means to have an affidavit of support notarized at the embassy?

Swift1010

2007AF22****

No embassy is authorized to notarized affidavit of support.