• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2007 winners From Nigeria

Praise the Lord, somebody; we picked up our VISA today in the afternoon. I thank God for everything. He alone is worthy of our praise. He is a faithful God.

I also thank all members of the house who have contributed in one way or the other to the success of this journey. Adebayo, Modest, Jessica, Mamaj and all other lovely members, i won't forget you. I appreciate you all.

Thanks.:)

Yeahhhhhh!!!!!!! congrats Lizzy, welcome to the club.:D

Thanks be to God once again

My people, if no be yesterday wey i collect this visa, i dey still dey think say all na yoke o, but now i fit use the whole mouth yawn say NA REAL.
Thanks be to God Almighty from thus far, He has been so faithful, He never broke His convenant for a second, Baba God! na you biko.
Now , way forward, i need someone to tell us the modalty at Port of entry o, how's the protocol there?
thanks to everybody once again.

My people, if no be yesterday wey i collect this visa, i dey still dey think say all na yoke o, but now i fit use the whole mouth yawn say NA REAL.
Thanks be to God Almighty from thus far, He has been so faithful, He never broke His convenant for a second, Baba God! na you biko.
Now , way forward, i need someone to tell us the modalty at Port of entry o, how's the protocol there?

Congratulations. The Lord is good for ever.

Congrats o, at last.

Modest and the rest that have gone in there will be in better postion to tell us how it is like at the port of entry.

Praise the Lord, somebody; we picked up our VISA today in the afternoon. I thank God for everything. He alone is worthy of our praise. He is a faithful God.

I also thank all members of the house who have contributed in one way or the other to the success of this journey. Adebayo, Modest, Jessica, Mamaj and all other lovely members, i won't forget you. I appreciate you all.

congratulation: he said he will perfect all that concerns us and he has done it,PRAISE THE LORD
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

I AM INDEED HAPPY, THAT YOU MADE, IT. OUR GOD IS FAITHFUL.HIS THOUGHT TOWARDS US ARE GOOD AND NOT OF EVIL TO GIVE HOPE AND AN EXPECTED END:)
we need to hear, the whole jist pls fill us in, thanks

jCRIES
our help is in the name of the lord, who made the heaven and earth, he has commanded that you pursue, overtake and recover as David did and im sure and convinced in my spirit that you will get there. congratulations in advance

Congrats all who has finally collected their Visa:pastor Adebayo,sinexworldwide,Lizzy,enemimo etc.Our God is truly faithful.He will surely perfect that which concerns u.

congratz

congratz, ah the Lord is good.

no be yoke

na real my brother, welcome on board and congrats.

make sure u dont open the envelope as directed.
when u are travelling, pls take them as hane luggage, so that there will be not excuses, also take all ur original certificates as hand luggage.
when u arrive, queu up on the side of visitors, except they say u should do other wise, there is a form I-95 form that they as people to to fill in the plane, u dont need to fill it, but u have to fill the custom form
when it gets to ur turn hand over all ur passport and package to the immigartion officer, he will go through them, and direct u to the next step, which is another office, there u will sign and tumb-print, there u can inform them, if u wish to change the address where u want ur GC to be posted to, and it will be efffected there and then. ask them as much questions as u can.
find out if u have to go and apply for ur SSN or they will process it for u.

pls before u leave Nigeria make arrangement for ur tanscript u may post them to WES ur self or let somebody post them to WES when u arrive the states,
pls make sure u get into the public library in ur area, and use the internent, it is free.
also if u need to buy a laptop, pls buy the one with wireless, so that u can browse from ur room without paying, depending on where u live, u can also take ur laptop to the public library and browse once ur system has wireless, u can use that endless time per day, it is free, but if u use the library computer u will be timed, and u may have to wait for a long period.
once u arrive, get intouch with motor vehicle and get a state id if u want, it is non-driving, u can get a permit ( u will pay) and obtain the driving brochure free of charge, read, do ur test pass, they will tell u the next step.
Getting good job initially may not be easy, but u will get along.

This is for everyone pls

jCRIES
our help is in the name of the lord, who made the heaven and earth, he has commanded that you pursue, overtake and recover as David did and im sure and convinced in my spirit that you will get there. congratulations in advance

Thank you so much for you thoughtful wishes...It means alot to me:D

hello

Thank you so much for you thoughtful wishes...It means alot to me:D

i hope ur medical result will be ready before ur interview, how are u coping, at least now u have an aswer for people that are asking if u are still around

i hope ur medical result will be ready before ur interview, how are u coping, at least now u have an aswer for people that are asking if u are still around
"medicals get ready in time before interview"? I know for a fact that it takes about 2-3 days here to get the medical results back.
I guess it takes longer, maybe wks in nigeria

Quite dissapointing that my medicals would not be ready before my interview.
Anyway,I am to complete my medicals a week after my interview as it takes 3 weeks for the result to be ready in Nigeria.

Coping??? it's not been easy...but would try and hang in there:p .

Thank you all for your concern.

3 weeks for the results? Holy shit. Here in Frankfurt, Germany you'll get the result immediately minutes after the medical.

Quite dissapointing that my medicals would not be ready before my interview.
Anyway,I am to complete my medicals a week after my interview as it takes 3 weeks for the result to be ready in Nigeria.

Coping??? it's not been easy...but would try and hang in there:p .

Thank you all for your concern.
I don't think you can be issued a visa without the medicals. And 3 weeks from today is oct 1st and i doubt if you'll be able to get the visa after sep 30th

I don't think you can be issued a visa without the medicals. And 3 weeks from today is oct 1st and i doubt if you'll be able to get the visa after sep 30th

She will, after Sept 30th means no one will go for interview after that date among DV2007 guys.
But if you have had ur interview b4 sept 30th and successful, your visa is for sure.

na real my brother, welcome on board and congrats.

make sure u dont open the envelope as directed.
when u are travelling, pls take them as hane luggage, so that there will be not excuses, also take all ur original certificates as hand luggage.
when u arrive, queu up on the side of visitors, except they say u should do other wise, there is a form I-95 form that they as people to to fill in the plane, u dont need to fill it, but u have to fill the custom form
when it gets to ur turn hand over all ur passport and package to the immigartion officer, he will go through them, and direct u to the next step, which is another office, there u will sign and tumb-print, there u can inform them, if u wish to change the address where u want ur GC to be posted to, and it will be efffected there and then. ask them as much questions as u can.
find out if u have to go and apply for ur SSN or they will process it for u.

pls before u leave Nigeria make arrangement for ur tanscript u may post them to WES ur self or let somebody post them to WES when u arrive the states,
pls make sure u get into the public library in ur area, and use the internent, it is free.
also if u need to buy a laptop, pls buy the one with wireless, so that u can browse from ur room without paying, depending on where u live, u can also take ur laptop to the public library and browse once ur system has wireless, u can use that endless time per day, it is free, but if u use the library computer u will be timed, and u may have to wait for a long period.
once u arrive, get intouch with motor vehicle and get a state id if u want, it is non-driving, u can get a permit ( u will pay) and obtain the driving brochure free of charge, read, do ur test pass, they will tell u the next step.
Getting good job initially may not be easy, but u will get along.

This is for everyone pls

Thanks so much my brother for this info, you have really done enough justice to this. As per job, I know there won't be problem, I also intend coming with my Laptop, and I can combine my Online Trading Business with any job I will get. I also have a Scholarship to resume January, so, I know all is well.
Please, can u help me quickly clarify this issue or any one in the house. My Sponsor promised of buying my ticket, now he suggests that I go for Transit VISA with British Embassy since he can only gets only British Airline which will go direct to Texas, but will pass through Europe, now some1 advice me, do i really need this? And does anyone has idea of fare of direct flight to New York City, Please this is urgent. Can I also fold my X-Ray Jacket to 2 in order to enter my hand bad?
Jries, no shaking, you are getting your visa. say Amen.

As a US GC holder, u do not need a British transit visa as long as you have a valid ticket and ur final destination is the United states.

And for the X-ray, what in the world do you need a Chest x-ray for but if you must take it, you would probably have to check it in with ur bags. And besides, no Doctor in the states will even take a look at ur x-ray from Africa. They'll do their own x-ray if they have to.

Direct flight to NY, its hard to say. Airfare prices fluctuates q 12-24 hrs and also flight days afters price of airfare too.