• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 AOS only

Adirom, to be on the safe side I would suggest you self make sure NC for all members

Hi Adirom,
To be on the safe side I would suggest you self make sure NC for all members of your I-485 applications are done.

If not you could make more Infopass visits (they have no limit for that) and ask for NC expedition because of sunset provision for DV program. Seek for supervisor officer if you have to.

To get information about your spouse NC spouse have to be in person during Infopass visit. I guess kids are not required to show up but it will not harm.

In general you can order Infopass for the most convenient to you USCIS field office, so you can use ZIP code of your work area too.

All the best!

Hi,
thanks all for the support.I don`t know if my NC is cleared.Last week wasn`t.Anyway,i`m going with my lawyer to the interview so i`m hoping he will push for expedite check if NC isn`t done yet.

Hi guys,
i`m not doing an infopass because it`s too late.i will have my interview in 4 days.I`m just hoping that my NC will be clear.In the event it`s not clear and i pass the interview,then i will have my lawyer push for an expedite check and,if Jugnu is correct, i should be cleared in a few days.I`m more scared of the interview than the name check itself because i`m doing AOS based on asylum and i hope it won`t cause my any problems.My lawyer says there is a 50-50% chance to get it because the law in this case is interpretable.So,this is my main concern.
I just hope on good news that day.
I`ll keep you posted.

Jugnu,

Congratulations for the approval. I have read thru some of the posts in your thread and it appears that you’ve had quite a journey…I may be heading down that path myself.

I received a DV notification letter in May/2007 with an EU number just below 3500 and I also have a relatively recent (May 2007) employment I-485, which is presently pending my name check. (My spouse was cleared mid May).

We had made a decision to file a second I485 for AOS back in May. Since then we’ve found out that the EB case is still pending my name check. Our attorney did not hesitate much before recommending the second I485 in May and is still advising the AOS route.

Now that your ordeal is over would you do AOS if you have known what would the experience be? Do you think the CP may have been faster?

Thanks

Symbol -

CP vs AOS after all that experience my choice would have been to do AOS just given my circumstances.I would rather get stuck and keep working then stuck elsewhere with no Job.

In your case if you AP through EB I-485 then you can also do CP.Going this route, you know that it will go for administrative processing and may take a long time,however,you can come back while using AP.

According to my experience DOS or consular officers at consulate generate status query earlier than USCIS ask for expedited backround check.

I know it is confusing and if you have an AP then why not just do another AOS and travel whenever you have to....

Jugnu

Last edited by a moderator:
Jugnu,

It makes sense.

I did not need to travel right away and did not apply for AP and EAD with the EB case. Now I might as well apply with the DV case. Do you think it matters which case is the AP processed under?

Did your spouse receive the green card while you waited for the name check?

Thanks

Symbol -

My wife was primary applicant ans she got approved 01/04/2007 and GC followed later on.

AP on EB based would be more beneficial as DV cases have eligibility until fiscal year i.e. September 30, 2008.AP is normally for one year and can be applied again if necessary assuming EB case is pending.

AP on EB will cover you if you do CP for DV and you get into administrative processing.

jugnu

Hi,

My interview is coming soon. I have a question about immigration status. My H1-B is still in the process of being transferred. What should I show to prove my current status? I still have the old H1-B (or I-94) that is still valid until next year and the receipt for new one.

Thanks.

Take both of these with you and you will be fine.It is also good to have some recent paystubs,that really demonstrate that person is really working for the authorized employer.

Jugnu

F1 Clarification

I currently reside in us and is a student . My first visa expires in August 2008, however I just started a 4 year college. Would I have to travel to my home country to have this visa renewed:confused:

I currently reside in us and is a student . My first visa expires in August 2008, however I just started a 4 year college. Would I have to travel to my home country to have this visa renewed:confused:

Yes, F-1 visas are renewed abroad. U don't have to renew it if you have a valid I-20 and not planning on leaving the united states on vacation but u'll need a valid visa to re-enter the states if you do leave.

Hi,

in the interview letter i received it says that i have to bring in my tax returns for the past 3 years. I have only the last 2 years. Could that be a huge problem?Can they put my case on stand by untill i get that year`s returns,too?

Hi guys,

i had my interview today.the officer was nice, very formal. He asked for birth certificates, for Driver licences, bills,pictures to prove that i live toghether with my wife.He asked us the questions from I-485.Then, he looked over the files(i was surprised to see that he had my asylum file from California) and after that he started typing on the computer.He said my NC is still pending but he will put an expedite check on it.My spouse`s NC was already cleared but, since i`m the applicant, we have to wait for my NC to clear.
That`s it.Interview took about 20 min till he checked everything and then he took our I-94`s and wrote something in our passports.
Now,i have to wait for my name security checks to clear.My lawyer will get back to the interviewing officer in about 1 week if no news untill then.

Hi guys,

I got GC in mail today.A long journey got to its end!!!I'm very excited and wishing all of you best of luck.

Jugnu

adirom -

Good news, it will be matter of days for you.In expedite procedure they fax your info.directly to the section who is authorize to handle such request at FBI and once officer will get fax back he/she will approve your cases.In these cases they don't have wait for this info to be updated in USCIS electronic system known as CLAIM 3.

Good luck!!!

Jugnu

Hi,

I went for infopass today. The officer was nice but she told us that our security check is still pending. I asked her if she can request to expedite our case, but she told us that at this time the USCIS requested to expedite all cases like our case and it is not necessary to send a separate request. My first interview was on 8/15.

Hi Jugnu,
i hope it will end soon.The officer said it can take a couple of weeks.I hope it won`t take that long.He said that it shouldn`t be a problem to get cleared by Sept 30th.So,if worse come to worse,i have to 30 more days.

Just finished my interview~

First of all~ Congratulations Jugnu786!

My wife and I just finished our interview this morning, and it was almost perfect~ The immigration officer is very nice, and he even told us that our visa (or GC) number is ready at the end of the interview.

However, then I got a phone call from him in the afternoon, and he told me that my company also filed a case for me which is currently sat in the Nebraska office. That pending case should be withdrown and forward to him so he can approve and finalize my case. He told me that I don't have to worry about it at all since it just the matter of time, and I still will get my GC eventually.

I informed my HR and the company attorney immediately, and they prepared the official notice and plan to send it out to Nebraska to withdraw my EB case. So far it seems it's going well. However, I am just wondering how fast can the Nebraska office forward my case to the immigration officer?? Anyone has similar experience? :confused: