• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 AOS only

Hi Emalagamoo,

Thanks and congraulation.

This was the last reason my case got delayed.Memphis director asked for my EB and DV from NSC on 07/10 but they acted on 08/15.Apparently my DV file was moved to NSC as they asked for it per my new I-485 EB that was filed in June 07.

It would be better you ask your interviewing officer to ask NSC to transfer your file to his office so he/she can close that and approve DV before September 30, 2007.

In my case my local office director followed up with NSC and finally they sent my both files to them.

Hope this helps.

Jugnu

Hi,

I got a massage from immigration officer who interviewed with us. She left a massage on my phone that we requested to expedite our case but our case is still pending and there is nothing that we can do to expedite it.

Regards,

Rekata

Rekata,

I hope you got my private message....just keep trying there isn't much time left to loose!!!

Jugnu

Hi,

I had my interview yesterday. Does anyone know how fast the case status online gets updated after the interview? My case was disapproved at the interview (due to computer glitch), but later she called me that it was approved. I am anxiously waiting if this is for real.

Thanks.

I have another follow-up question. What does "approved" mean? Does it mean that the interview is ok or does it also mean that there's still visa available to be issued? Still waiting...

Thanks.

Hi Ch3,

Approved mean, your case has been approved and you will be getting an approval notice pretty soon.

Your next email will be abt card production and then next would be abt another approval notice sent that is bascially mailing of your GC.

Visa numbers to DV cases are allocated around the time local office get your file from NBC.So you are fine....

Congraulations!!!!!

Thanks Jugnu! Congrats to you too!

I'm just anxious since the problem was that their computer thought that my file is still being transferred from NBC even though USCIS got it already (at my interview).

I'm waiting for the online status to be updated soon so that I know that the problem was fixed.

My online status hasn't changed since the interview 2 days ago (on Monday). It actually hasn't changed since they accepted the fingerprint fee. It still says: "Fingerprint fee accepted; receipt notice mailed and case pending" since June 6, 2007. I've read in the forum that others' online status got updated very fast (one got updated 45 min later after the interview to "card production ordered"). I'm just worried since the officer made the mistake on my file for the interview (although she called me that it's approved 1.5 hours after the interview).

Can someone share their online status timeline after the interview? Does anyone know how this online status works? Is it working concurrently with the actual process? (I meant, whatever the officer did on the computer would automatically update the status) Or do they have to update it separately in addition to what they're actually doing? Should I make an Infopass to inquire?

I'm just paranoid since September 30th is approaching very soon. I called the USCIS 800 number but they couldn't tell me anything other than the online status.

Thanks.

Hi Ch3,

Make an infopass and have them stamp your passport.At that time they will most probably update online status,just to avoid stamping your passport.

My wife's case was approved on 01/04 but no status change until we make an infopass after one month.They said due to systme glitch but we figured our officer just forgot to close the case properly in system.

You will be fine just make first open infopass.

Jugnu

Thanks Jugnu. Can I do this at a different office other than the office for the interview? My interview was in Chicago. I am in Boston area now for work. I won't go back to Chicago until later.

Also, does the online status change matter? Are they still gonna send me the card although the status is stuck? Thanks.

Ch3,

Going to other office is technically fine but Boston office will see what you see online unless someone take a pain and call chicago to find out what exactly going on.I'm sure in general no other officer will approve the case,it has to be the officer who interviewed you and that is Chicago.You can give it a try and see if it works o.w. go to Chicago.

You must get approved before Sept.30th i.e. officer has to write on your paper file form I-485 thats what matter card can come even after Sept.30th.

Hope this helps!!!

Jugnu

Hi stres,

My interview turned out ok. I went to that building (101 W. Congress Parkway, 2nd floor), checked in, and waited for almost 2 hours before they called my name (I came too early too, 1 hour early). The interview itself was like other people have described, only based on the I-485 form. After she took the oath, she asked for passport (including old passports), SS card, EAD card and travel document (if you applied for both), driver license, and original birth certificate. Then she asked questions from I-485 and made check marks along the way. Once in awhile, she asked some questions she already asked (like what's your mother's name etc). Toward the end, she made me sign the back of the I-485 and she did too. After that, she worked on her computer for awhile and told me that it came out as disapproved due to computer glitch. She left to make some copies and talked to her supervisor about the problem. She came back and told me that she's gonna fix the mistake after the interview. She's very nice about it and we said goodbye. Later she called me that she re-run some number and it came out "approved". I thanked her a million. However, my online status hasn't changed at all. It still says pending :(.

I hope that helps.

ch3 - that is really helpful. I am getting the impression that the decision is really made on the papers beforehand and if I send in the right stuff then it will likely be ok. WHy did you choose AOS? If you are a student, what did you use to demonstrate financial support?

Thank you!

(and you will be fine, take an infopass if you are feeling anxious about your online status).

I had the Infopass at Boston office and they couldn't help me much. They checked both receipt and A-numbers. Both came up as pending. I'm going home to Chicago for another Infopass this week but for sure I won't talk to the same officer who interviewed me. Is there any other way to inquire other than Infopass? :confused:

Thanks.

Hy guys,

i haven`t got any news since my August 30th interview.My security checks are still pending and i have only 2 weeks left to be approved.My lawyer said he`s trying to get in touch with my local office to check the status on my case and he also made an infopass for Sept. 20th to the local office.Did you guys ever heard of people not getting the card due to running out of time even if they had the interview already?

Adirom,

Can you share the latest of your online status? I had my interview last monday and was approved afterwards, but my online status hasn't changed since June 6 from "fingerprint fee accepted, case pending". The weird thing is that the officer also told me that my case is still pending at the Infopass.

Thanks.

Hi,
my online status is still the same "fingerprints fee received..." . I`m going to have a talk to my lawyer on Monday to push as hard as possible for my security checks to clear.
What are you going to do?