• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 AOS only

Hi Jugnu

Hi Jugnu,

Any progress on name check on your case?
You should get it soon before it your case expires!!

I also could not get through this dreaded name check!!! Still waiting for answer from Memphis local office. I wrote a letter to First lady. I hope it may help.

nathanss

Hi adirom,

-Verify the address where lawyer send the money.

-if correct address then verify if that check/money order got cleared.

In case money send to correct address and you have proof of clearance then fax it to KCC or from the same office that you got letter that USCIS has requested visa number and then follow up with phone call to make sure if that will take care of it or got a do something else.

In other scenario if DOS has not got the the money then send a check via fedex/ups without waisting any moment.

Your lawyer might have messed up here by sending money to wrong address or by not sending at all!!!

Jugnu

Hi guys,
i`ve made a terrible mistake.Since i had a lawyer i let him take care of everything and did what he told me to.Unfortunately, he didn`t tell me to pay the $375 to DOS.I have sent in the money order this morning with express mail and it will arrive there tomorrow morning.I don`t think that there will be anybody tomorrow to pick it up.
Anyway,i called KCC today and asked them what to do.They said i should go to Newark District Office because that`s where my case will be sent as soon as my visa are released.They said to go there and talk to an immigration officer and ask them to schedule me for an interview because it will take 2 weeks to get my receipt back from DOS and i should have it to the time of the interview.They said that it has been done before and i should just go and ask them to give me in interview.
Has anybody did this before?Will they schedule me for an interview without my visas released?

Hi Jugnu,

Any progress on name check on your case?
You should get it soon before it your case expires!!

I also could not get through this dreaded name check!!! Still waiting for answer from Memphis local office. I wrote a letter to First lady. I hope it may help.

nathanss

Hi Nathanass,

No Luck but I got a phone call from Memphis CIS director that they will process my case before September 30th, 2007.It has been abt.17 days but nothing got changed lets see!!!She mentioned clearly abt expediting my NC with FBI as well.

Everyday is critical and I am hoping for the best.

Jugnu

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Jugnu,
I have a quite urgent question for you, or to be more precise, I would like to hear your opinion on the situation at hand.
It turns out I got picked for 2008 lottery as well. The number is EU12000, and I went for AOS. Ok, so now this is the issue. I am a ph.d. student in US and have valid F1 status, scheduled to graduate in May 2008. I heard that between now and my interview with USCIS (hopefully it will happen) I am better off not leaving US, it's better to just stay where I am.
I am supposed to give a talk at a conference in London at the end of September (before the fiscal year starts). How safe in your opinion is it to go? I just got back from Europe few days ago (and before I went, KCC already sent me a notice that my case has been trasfered to USCIS), and had no problems.
I am concerned because some oldtimers who got ther GC's through DV in early 90's told me that F1 is nonimmigrant type and if upon re-entry into US they find that I applied for AOS while I am travelling with nonimmigrant document, they might deny re-entry.
Thank you very much for your help.
Best Regards

Hi m_power2002,

As long as you have a valid F1 stamp in your passport you will be fine,so do travel and don't restrict yourself.

Officers at POE dont make this judgement as long as someone got a valid visa they are fine.You can always get a travel document while your AOS is pending if you consider this to be a concern or if you will not have a valid F1 stamped in your passport at the time of travel.

The only concern that I can see would be if you go to a consulate for an F1 visa while AOS is pending at that time they can refuse you a visa due to your immigrant intent.

I hope this explains and you can always apply for I-131 with I-485!!!

Jungu and M_Power: I wanted to add something to your response Jungu, if M-Power travels on his F1 after he has filed for his adjustment of status (I-485) then he is deemed to have abandoned his application, so just be careful M_Power - so long as you have not filed your 485 you can travel on your F1, but if you file your 485 in September (i.e. if your number comes up in October or November and you decide to file papers early) then you will need advance parole. But my husband won 2008 and he is currently traveling on his F1 because we cannot file until January 2008.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a bunch to both Jugnu and stressedstudent. Makes sense what you guys are saying. My number is such that chances are slim it becomes current this year, I think 12000 can be current in feb-mar 2008 the earliest. So I will not file I-485 any time soon.
Thanks again. Good luck to you guys.

Jugnu, thank you and good luck to you!

Jugnu, your great topic help us a lot! :) Let me and my family wish you all the best and quick positive result!!!
(you don't mind I ask you have already contacted US Congress and US Senate people for help?)

Hi Entermate,
congratulations on your approval.You must be feeling great now that everything has ended well.
Can i ask you what office did you go to for the interview? How was it?

Hi Jugnu,
i need your advice on something.I called KCC and they said that my visas have not been sent out yet because USCIS has not requested them.I told them that they sent me a letter saying that USCIS has requested my visas but they won`t send them out untill i pay the DV fee. Now, i fear that USCIS is waiting for KCC to send out the visas and KCC is waiting for USCIS to request them. I`m waiting for my lawyer to call me back to see what he`s going to do next.He said last week he will go this week coming up to the local office with an Infopass to check on my case.
What can i do?i have made an Infopass myself to go check it out ,so do you think i could ask them to request my visas again? Two weeks ago when i went to the local office they said my security check has not cleared yet.
What can i do?

Hi adirom,

Infopaass is the only way to reslove issues particulary given the time factor to our cases.On your next infopass break it down to two things

1- Ask them if they got the visa number from DOS and if not show them your fee receipt and request them to do so...

2-Ask them abt.backgound checks in case they are still pending then request them to expedite it.Take a print out of this press release with you

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/ExpediteNameChk022007.pdf

This make DV cases eligible for expedite processing.

Good Luck n keep us posted.

Jugnu

Hi Jugnu,
i appreciate all the info you gave me.I`m going on tuesday to local office to find out what is going on. Hopefully,i will get some good news.
I decided to send an email to KCC with my DV fee receipt attached to see if i can get them to send out the visas.
Thanks again for all the info.

How is your case doing?Any luck on the security check?

Adirom,

I am expecting an update from local office director in couple of days.Let's see if that ends my journey!!!

Keep knocking , someone got to open...

Jugnu

From the bottom of the heart THANK to ALL who make this FORUM so USEFUL :D Without YOUR HELP we couldn't make it. We got GC today!

Our best wishes for GOOD LUCK to each and every one :)!

Hi everybody,
Could you please help me. The interview Notice says "to bring disposition of all arrests". If we did not have any arrests, do we need to take something in police? Like paper confirming there was no arrest?
Thank you

Hi everybody,
Could you please help me. The interview Notice says "to bring disposition of all arrests". If we did not have any arrests, do we need to take something in police? Like paper confirming there was no arrest?
Thank you

You don't take with you something you don't have. u haven't been arrested before i assume

I was not arrested, but I remember here was a person who was asked on the interview to bring record from police.

Galka, if you life in a relatively small community/township it should be easy (3-4 days) to get a Letter of Good Conduct from township police department not precluding the existence of record in the files of another agency.
In case of a large megapolice do web search / phone inquire to see will you able to get a Letter of Good Conduct fast?

Last edited by a moderator: