• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 AOS only

You are very welcome, Galka :)
Yes, I had such letter from small township because I made it by mistake - I found later AOS process does not require such kind of documents. There weren't any requests about arrest on my Interview invitation.
During Interview officer just asked me have you ever been arrested? I told NO. That's all.
Entermate, thank you very much. Did you have this letter on the interview?

Hi all,

We got interview letters yesterday and very nervous about it.
My interview time is at 8:20am and my wife is at 8:50am. I think both of us need to show up on each other's case, right?
What kind of interview questions USCIS will ask?
How can we know if our NC is done or not? Will we get any notice regarding this?

Thank you for reading my questions....

:confused:

Please see this http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=259366

Emalagamoo, everething will be fine :)
You coud read <<Describe your interview experience.>> tread and try to find researcher29<<successful DV2006 AOS in Columbus, OH (finally!)>> and Catseyes<<DV winners, please read this first ! General Info>>

:)
About NC you can make InfoPass and ask the officer - you get no notice regarding NC.

Hi all,

We got interview letters yesterday and very nervous about it.
My interview time is at 8:20am and my wife is at 8:50am. I think both of us need to show up on each other's case, right?
What kind of interview questions USCIS will ask?
How can we know if our NC is done or not? Will we get any notice regarding this?

Thank you for reading my questions....

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Emalagamoo

My interview time is at 8:20am and my wife is at 8:50am. I think both of us need to show up on each other's case, right? What kind of interview questions USCIS will ask?

They usually send interview letters to each applicant with different time, 30 minutes apart from principal applicant. But they will call you together.
You will be asked to take an oath they you telling them truth. After that they will ask few questions to the principal applicant and then to dependent. Usually asks when did you first time enter to the USA at what type of visa? What do you do? Education? They may ask to show your original documents or may not? It depends on the person who is taking interview.

If you get approval instantly then your name check must be cleared. If not they will tell you –your case is pending because name check delay or something else. ONLY you will be able to know about NC during the interview.

My wife was the principal applicant so she got the approval instantly but I got approval once my name check was cleared (4 months after her). Principal applicant has to get approval first even dependent NC is clear.

I hope you will get approval instantly. When did you complete FP? And when is your interview?

Hi Emalagamoo,

Rahim has alreday explained.That interview is pretty simple in nature just like when you meet a stranger then you exchange some basic info abt. eachother.Nothing to nervous abt.just take all documents copies and origionals.Sometime they might ask you a copy of something if that is missing for some reason.

I'm expecting your NC would be clear as this is too late in the process already.According to my extensive research and cummnication with local office director expedited check matters of two to three business days or less given the time issue etc...

You will be fine and stay relax.

Jugnu

Emalagamoo

My interview time is at 8:20am and my wife is at 8:50am. I think both of us need to show up on each other's case, right? What kind of interview questions USCIS will ask?

They usually send interview letters to each applicant with different time, 30 minutes apart from principal applicant. But they will call you together.
You will be asked to take an oath they you telling them truth. After that they will ask few questions to the principal applicant and then to dependent. Usually asks when did you first time enter to the USA at what type of visa? What do you do? Education? They may ask to show your original documents or may not? It depends on the person who is taking interview.

If you get approval instantly then your name check must be cleared. If not they will tell you –your case is pending because name check delay or something else. ONLY you will be able to know about NC during the interview.

My wife was the principal applicant so she got the approval instantly but I got approval once my name check was cleared (4 months after her). Principal applicant has to get approval first even dependent NC is clear.

I hope you will get approval instantly. When did you complete FP? And when is your interview?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi m1rahim,

Thank you for the information. You let me feel better now.
We finished our FP on 8/7/2007 and the interview is 9/6/2007.
The deadline is approaching. Hopefully, everything goes ok.

Hi Guys,

Today I got that magic e-mail about production of my cards that I have been waiting for quite sometime and this uphill journey is abt.to end.

According to my infopass on 08/15 my NC was clear with NO RECORD on 08/08/07.Director Memphis CIS also sent me e-mail abt. my file transfer initiated from Nebraska Service Center to CIS Memphis.NSC requested my DV file when I filed EB 485 in June 07.

I am very excited!!!and thankful to all of you who supported me and shared great information.

I will post my detail experience for those to follow!!!

Jugnu

Hi Guys,

Today I got that magic e-mail about production of my cards that I have been waiting for quite sometime and this uphill journey is abt.to end.

According to my infopass on 08/15 my NC was clear with NO RECORD on 08/08/07.Director Memphis CIS also sent me e-mail abt. my file transfer initiated from Nebraska Service Center to CIS Memphis.NSC requested my DV file when I filed EB 485 in June 07.

I am very excited!!!and thankful to all of you who supported me and shared great information.

I will post my detail experience for those to follw!!!

Jugnu

Congratulations!! I received my clearance last week too and we are currently in the UK waiting for our passports to arrive with the immigrant visas. It looks as if "they" suddenly sprung into action in August as several people received their clearance in August.

Congratulations Jugnu!

Congratulations Jugnu! We are extremely happy for you, this agony is finally over. All the best!

Jerry

Hello,
I was a silent reader of this forum. Congratulations Jugnu. I am really happy for you. I need your input about my case.
My wife won DV 2007. Our case # was AS 6XXX. We filed our I-485 in June; we went for finger print on 7/5/07. We had our interview on 8/15/07. The officer told us that everything is OK except that our security check is pending. When I asked about which part, she said that she is not allowed to tell us about it but I already learnt from this forum to call FBI and I knew that our FP was cleared, so I think our NC is pending.
I did not have option to apply for CP as I am on H1, but I am from Middle East with one entry visa and if I leave the US, I should apply for visa again.
I am a little disappointed now because we are from Middle East and I do not think our NC will be completed by the end of next month.
I got an infopass for next week and I wrote letter to our congressman and senator. I do not know if anything else I can do for it.

Hi Rekata,

Please take all your paperwork and the printout of pressrelease dated 02/20/07.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/ExpediteNameChk022007.pdf

My experience they are very well aware of the fact that DV cases are subject to Sunset Provision.You should ask them when they will send request to expedite Name Check with FBI as about less than 30 business days left.Expedited request once initiated it's matter of days...

Try getting Director's name so you can e-mail him/her explaining your situation.In my case it worked just great.In case officer at the window is nice ask them for a phone number too.

What is your local office so I can look online for possible director name?

I know the feeling but keep it up it will be done may be little bit later.

Jugnu

JUGNU,congratulations on the great news.i`m happy it all ended well for you.
I have received,finally,my interview letters,and i`m scheduled for 8/30.I hope everything will be ok.
i will post a message after the interview to let you guys know how it went.
wish me luck!!!

my best to all

All the best to you too!

All the best to you too!
I have received,finally,my interview letters,and i`m scheduled for 8/30.I hope everything will be ok.
i will post a message after the interview to let you guys know how it went.
wish me luck!!!

my best to all

Adirom, please make sure you have your NC done

Adirom, please make sure you have your NC done - if not you have to "claim" USCIS expedite NC.
Here is Jungu post related to NC.
Hi Rekata,

Please take all your paperwork and the printout of pressrelease dated 02/20/07.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/ExpediteNameChk022007.pdf

My experience they are very well aware of the fact that DV cases are subject to Sunset Provision.You should ask them when they will send request to expedite Name Check with FBI as about less than 30 business days left.Expedited request once initiated it's matter of days...

Try getting Director's name so you can e-mail him/her explaining your situation.In my case it worked just great.In case officer at the window is nice ask them for a phone number too.

What is your local office so I can look online for possible director name?

In file ExpediteNameChk022007.pdf line #2 states for DV:
2. Age-out cases not covered under the Child Status Protection Act, and
applications affected by sunset provisions such as diversity visas,

Make sure :) officer can find this line :) and understood that you have DV case application

Hi Jugnu,

Thank you very much for your recommendation. I am applying from New York City, should I ask about the director of that section or USCIS? Thank you again for your help.

Hi,
thanks all for the support.I don`t know if my NC is cleared.Last week wasn`t.Anyway,i`m going with my lawyer to the interview so i`m hoping he will push for expedite check if NC isn`t done yet.