• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 AOS only

Hi,

My wife and I went for our interview today. We had exactly the same experience as Jugnu. My wife's GC was approved (she was the principal applicant). I have to wait till my name check is done. Hopefully it will not take much time ... The interviewer was wery nice. He checked the originals of our birth certificates, our marriage certificate, passports, and IDs.

starak

congratulations at least for wives! I see that background check for males is a big issue this year.
They finaly approved I-131 for my husband too. Online status also shows that they ordered EA card for him (I didn't apply). Does that mean that his background check is done?

Last edited by a moderator:
Filing Time

What do you think about sending in the AOS package before rank number becomes current? Any advise on this

There is a 1999 circular that stipulates that packages received before the number becomes current should not be disqualified. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks

2007AF17***

Early Submission

You Could check my Previous post regarding early submission.
It's not disqualified but they simply return the package as mine. My number was current on november but I had send my package on September 29 and it was delivered on oct 5, but they issued the rejection receipt and return the package because of early submission and asked me to resubmit when the number become current. Then I had resubmit my package on Nov-4 and it went smoothly, and approved on Jan 3 and now I'm just waiting for welcome letter and the GC.

hope this will help you to understand.

vinipux said:
congratulations at least for wives! I see that background check for males is a big issue this year.
They finaly approved I-131 for my husband too. Online status also shows that they ordered EA card for him (I didn't apply). Does that mean that his background check is done?

Hi vinipux,

Great!!!atleast things are moving.

Background checks have conflicting information available over different channels.However, this is for certain they can only be hurdle for immigration/naturalization benefit and all other benefits should be fine.

Did you have an infopass?

To Vinipux

Vinipux,

Having EAD does not mean that the background check is done. I have a friend who waited for three years for her GC (marriage based), but she was given EAD right away. And that is the irony of the whole thing. I can't find the page on the USCIS website right now and I must rush to work, but a few months ago there was a whole page on that issue, i.e. giving potentially undesirable characters permission to work while waiting to find information about them.

You'll be fine anyway...

Barbara

AOS to CP

Guys,

I have a few questions on switiching from AOS to CP and vice versa:

a, What is the procedure for effecting a switch
b, Are there implications of doing this? If yes, what are these implications
c, Do you have knowledge of anyone who has done this? How did the experience go for them.
d, When is the deadline, if any for making this switch

Thank you all for your insights.

FAL_DV2007 said:
Guys,

I have a few questions on switiching from AOS to CP and vice versa:

a, What is the procedure for effecting a switch
b, Are there implications of doing this? If yes, what are these implications
c, Do you have knowledge of anyone who has done this? How did the experience go for them.
d, When is the deadline, if any for making this switch

Thank you all for your insights.

Hi,

a. You need to call KCC. Yes it is possible to do this.

b. No particular implications except the possibility of mistakes being made along the way.

c. Yes I know someone that switched from CP to AOS with great problems because their files had been mistakenly sent to the Embassy instead of the local USCIS office. In the end it was all resolved but just before the 30 Sept deadline with great stress experienced.
However, if you keep track of every step made by KCC it'll be fine.

d. The switch has to occur before your number becomes current, so that KCC will know how to proceed.

Best of luck

Barbara

When do i expect my interview letter

Our (my husband and I) number was current in november. We sent the application and did our finger prints and biometrics on Dec 9. We haven't heard any thing yet. When do you think we will get our interview letter? Will be greateful for any respond. Thanks

Hi Spiicy,

In employment base GC USCIS normally schedule interview when background checks are done.You guys make an infopass and find out abt. it.

My case is a DV based and after interview they told me to wait until my background checks will be clear.

Jugnu

interview date for DV2007 case

Jugnu786 said:
Hi Spiicy,

In employment base GC USCIS normally schedule interview when background checks are done.You guys make an infopass and find out abt. it.

My case is a DV based and after interview they told me to wait until my background checks will be clear.

Jugnu

Hi i have two cases, one for the DV 2007 and the other is the EB shedule A. I was talking about the DV 2007 when i asked about when to expect my interview letter. I know for the employment base there won't be any interview.

Hi spiicy,

I got mine in one and a half month after my FP's.You should expect that anytime soon.Also,keep in mind each local office might work differently and they might schedule after background checks are done.In our case principal applicant's checks were done and we got interview call...you never know with USCIS.IO told me they deal DV cases on a priority basics as each office has instructions to process DV cases before the deadline.

Jugnu

HI Spiicy,

USCIS generally schedule the interview after the Background clearance received; so It's really depend on FBI background check, I got my interview notice just after 4 days from the FP/Biometric taken. So as soon as your background check will be clear you will get the interview notice from your local office.

Last edited by a moderator:
The online status and LUD really doesn't help much; The USCIS doesn't update the contents and sometime just the LUD changed but the Case status and other info still the same. They didn't change anythin on my case until this monday; it was the same LUD and the contents from the Receipt date and just they update after they order the GC for us on monday.

what happens if my visa expires after i've filed I-485?

hi,
i'm a DV-2007 lottery winner. i'm in F2 status now. my number is 2007EU0000900* and it became current in January 2007. i've sent my package to the Chicago Lockbox a few days ago, and they've received my package according to the USPS tracking.
my F2 visa is gonna be expired in February 1st 2007 and i have 60 days to leave the country.
i need to know whether i'm gonna be illegal or not while i wait got my I-485. some early green card winners told me that i won't be illegal cause i have a case pending, but i can't be sure.
i'm thinking of attending a 2-month long English Course in a university to get a new F-1 I-20 and stay legal but it costs nearly $2000 and if i won't be illegal while my case pending, i don't wanna waste my time and money.

i really appreciate all the answers and information you can give me. this forum really helped me sooo much during my AOS.
thanks so much in advance.

I wish I had an answer but i understand how you feel. I think you should try to call the customer service line, although i heard that your status is on 'pending' once you file the I-485.

EKMEKCHI said:
hi,
i'm a DV-2007 lottery winner. i'm in F2 status now. my number is 2007EU0000900* and it became current in January 2007. i've sent my package to the Chicago Lockbox a few days ago, and they've received my package according to the USPS tracking.
my F2 visa is gonna be expired in February 1st 2007 and i have 60 days to leave the country.
i need to know whether i'm gonna be illegal or not while i wait got my I-485. some early green card winners told me that i won't be illegal cause i have a case pending, but i can't be sure.
i'm thinking of attending a 2-month long English Course in a university to get a new F-1 I-20 and stay legal but it costs nearly $2000 and if i won't be illegal while my case pending, i don't wanna waste my time and money.

i really appreciate all the answers and information you can give me. this forum really helped me sooo much during my AOS.
thanks so much in advance.