• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 AOS only

Memphis USCIS Phone Numbers

Hi Nathanss,

Here are the memphis phone numbers

MEMPHIS, TN (Sub-Office)

Cole, David A., Officer in Charge (901) 544-4108
Memphis Sub-Office FAX No. (901) 544-4123

Again, my suggestion is to take an infopass!!!

Jugnu

Jugnu786 said:
Hi Nathanss,

Here are the memphis phone numbers

MEMPHIS, TN (Sub-Office)

Cole, David A., Officer in Charge (901) 544-4108
Memphis Sub-Office FAX No. (901) 544-4123

Again, my suggestion is to take an infopass!!!

Jugnu

Jugnu,

Thank you very much for your help. I also got interview letter from Memphis on 12/15/2006. I have apponitment for all my family on 9 Jan 2006. I hope it will go well. Again thank you for your help.

nathanss

Interview on 1/3/07.
Question: On forms sent to me it says to bring in sealed medical report however I already submitted that with the I485, what gives? Did you guys submit medical with I485 or are you taking them to interview?

Coldstar,

Very often officers don't check the file (I-485 etc.) carefully enough, so they ask for what they know is the norm. In my case they didn't ask for the medicals in the letter but at the interview. I told the officer it was already in the package. He looked and found it.
If you already sent it then just tell them at the time of interview.

...and very best of luck!

Barbara

Coldstar,

If you do it in a hurry, since your interview is coming up soon, write to your local USCIS office with a copy of the letter they sent you and a letter from you stating your medicals were included in the package. You can address your letter to the Officer in Charge, you will find his/her name online. Unfortunately the USCIS have changed their website and I can't direct you to the appropriate page. Even without a name it's OK.

Barbara

Hi Coldstar,

My interview letter is also pretty standard format with no highlights or checkmarks etc and medical requirement is there as well.One of my friend Neel is going for an infopass on 12/09 as he lives by USCIS to confirm.He is in a same boat like us.I will ask him to post the outcome of the forum so everyone can get information out of his visit.

I agree with Barbara and just planning to take my records copy of medicals for interview.

Jugnu

Hi everybody,

I am in the same situation: I was scheduled for an interview on January 4th and my inteview-invitation letter also reminded me of bringing my medicals even though I sent them along with my I485. I guess it was a standard letter the USCIS sends to everybody no matter what is in the applicant's package. I will do the same as Jugnu786 - bring just a copy of my medicals.

Good luck to everybody!

starak

Interview Standard Letter

Hi All,

My friend Neel went to USCIS Memphis today.He was told just bring origionals.She added the letter is a standard format.

Immigration officer also told him the hardest part(background check) is done and interview is just to check origionals etc.

Thanks Neel!!!!

Jugnu

hi jugnu, the only news is that they updated online status (approved) for my I-131 (but not my husband's). does anybody know, if they suppose to approve I-131 for both spouses together?
I'm already starting to worry a little bit. I may go to check it out to immigration services next week.

forms G-325A

Hi everyone,

I have couple of questions about filling out the G-325A form. We need to submit this form with I-485, right? On the top right corner of the page, it asks for "file number"; what should we put there, the case number sent to us with NL?

Thanks.

Hi Martingale,

That doesnot apply to you if this is your first green card case of any type.Most folks leave it blank like I did and some will write none in that field.

Some with pending I485 via employemt or Pending I-130 will have that A number and they can wright that over there.USCIS identify alien's with A number and that is unique to individuals.

Hope this helps!!!

Jugnu

Hi Vinipux,

Hopefully your hubby will be approved soon.I guess this can vary as they may not keep I-131 files togather like they do I-485 for DV winners.

Jugnu

Thanks Jugnu.

My visa number will be current in January 2007 and I will try to inform you guys about the process I'll go through.

Good luck to All.

Hi guys,

Today we went for interview in Memphis USCIS and everything went pretty smooth.My wife GC is approved and mine is pending due to background checks.The officer said it is on average taking 4-6 months and mine was initiated in october.

He just verified the basic information name,address,parents first names etc.He also verified std yes or no questions of I485 application.

We were asked to show

-Passports & Id's
-Birth Certificates
-Marriage Certificate
-DV fee Receipt

Our interviewer were a nice guy and it seemed if I had insisted he had given me his e-mail address for status checks.

Anyway we have kind of mix feelings and hoping my NC will clear soon.

Jugnu

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done and congratulations!!!

About your name check remember to keep an eye on the progress. Once it's in the FBI hands they (the FBI) see no reason to speed anything up.
Make regular enquiries, hopefully you have the name of the officer that interviewed you. You'll be fine, just a little longer to wait.

Barbara

Hi Barbara,

Thank you!!!

I was already working with my houseman staff in Nashville and earlier to my inquiry they informed me abt.interview date and time.I will be sending another email pretty soon to congressman staff.

Jugnu