• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 AOS only

Interviewed

I want to thank everyone in this forum. I had my interview yesterday and it went well. It lasted less than 10 Minutes. Questions were taken from the forms essentially and status in the US noted. I had copies of every useful documents required sent to them with the mail to Chicago Drop Box.

So I was told they will order the VISA packets and should be here in about a month. I believe it will come earlier than that.

Thanks once again and I wish everyone Godspeed.

Hi maraba,

did you get the letter inviting to the interview in the end? because you told us that you found out about your interview during the infopass.

Congrats!

Yes. I did eventually More than a week later after the INFOPASS visit. They even sent one to my lawyer working on my Employment based GC (I think they just found her name on file and sent one to her without my request). I went there without my Lawyer.

vinipux said:
Hi maraba,

did you get the letter inviting to the interview in the end? because you told us that you found out about your interview during the infopass.

Congrats!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,
I just wanted to say that I did my FP one more time. Just in case:) I called all those info numbers before going, but I wasn't satisfied with the response that I got. Somehow unsure. So I decided to go and ask them during my FP appointment. Unfortunately guys at the biometrics service don't know anything. They just rolled their eyes and suggested to do FP again ("will not hurt"). AND in the biometrics room I saw another couple that had their FP done one month ago and now received the same kind of notice as me. So we all did our FP one more time (no picture though).

maraba said:
Yes. I did eventually More than a week later after the INFOPASS visit. They even sent one to my lawyer working on my Employment based GC (I think they just found her name on file and sent one to her without my request). I went there without my Lawyer.

From what i have read, it seems you had two I-485s pending at the same time. One for employment base and the other for the lottery, am i right? During the interview did the officer ask you about the employment base case? or the fact that you had two cases pending. Which african country are you from and did you get your passport stamped or were you told that you have been approved? Anyway i am asking all these because my husband and i are also from africa and we are in the same soup. I will really appreciate your reply. Thank you.

Hi guys,

We got our interview letter today on 12/09/06 for 01/04/07.We are just excited and hoping NC got cleared as well.

Jugnu

Affidavit of Support

Hi everyone,
I am a DV-2007 winner, my case number will become current in January 2007.
Does anybody know whether an affidavit of support (form I-864) is needed provided that I am already in US with a full-time job and plan to apply for AOS here. Thank you and good luck!

DV_2007 said:
Hi everyone,
I am a DV-2007 winner, my case number will become current in January 2007.
Does anybody know whether an affidavit of support (form I-864) is needed provided that I am already in US with a full-time job and plan to apply for AOS here. Thank you and good luck!

Hi,

if you are doing AOS
if you already have a job and will be able to prove it at your interview then
the Affidavit of support is optional.

NOTE: Should you decide to take an Affidavit with you, you should know that dor DV applications Form I-134 is needed and NOT I-864.

Good luck

Barbara

Congratulations Jugnu! I also want let you guys know that my USCIS Status changed yesterday. The Welcome Package was mailed Dec 13 and new LPR was registered. So I am waiting for the welcome to America packet and the GC in the mail

Thanks once again everyone for all your help you made the ride easier.

Jugnu786 said:
Hi guys,

We got our interview letter today on 12/09/06 for 01/04/07.We are just excited and hoping NC got cleared as well.

Jugnu

Jugnu786 said:
Hi guys,

Jugnu

Jugnu,

Congratulations!

do you have a phone number for memphis office? Please give me if you have.

Thanks

nathanss

Hi maraba,

Thank you....enjoy your new status!!!!Great gift for new year!!!

Hi Nathanss,

No I dont have a phone number and neither do they response to these inquiries over the phone very well.Anyway,I will try to look a phone for you.My suggestion take an infopass from nashville you can even do a one day trip and might get some useful info from them.

Jugnu

my number will be available on March I believe, but we will probably need to Travel to our country next month in order to get stamping for H2B visa that my husband just got approved for.
I wonder if H2B and H-4 visa are eligible to AOS.
also I'm pregnant and by march I will be close to my due date (may) so I wonder if I will have problem to do the physician examination. is there any x-ray involved?

Hi sdvor,yes H1b and H2b are eligible for AOS.

Only X-Ray involed can be avoided just by doing a skin test.However, if you lack some vaccination then they wont give it to you due to pregnancy.This is just my opnion please consult your area immigration physian for more info.

Here is one of the link to find ur civil surgeon

http://www.immigration-lawyer-us.com/index.html

Your case will go to chicago lockbox office address(that is a front office for Missouri Service Center).Plz visit for your local office

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...23d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&reqAlphaSort=N

Good Luck with the process!!!