• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 AOS only

Hi Ekmekchi,

You can send one letter with all your case details.Please sign two of their privacy forms so no problem for them dealing each of your case.Remember to mail all receipt notices or any other latest communication with your local office with the letter.

Hope this helps!!!

yes, one letter for the family is enough. we have faxed it couple weeks ago. and when I called the office after one week (to check if they got it), a very nice girl answered the phone and told me that she already got an answer from our local immigration office, however, she was not satisfied (!!!) with it and asked them to explain the situation again. she said she will get to us asap.

Thanks So Much For Your Replies. I Didn't Know That I Needed To Send The Receipts Too. I Appreciate Your Helps Very Much. Thanks.

Hello Jugnu786,
I read some of your posts and appreciate the detail and accuracy of your suggestions and advices. I am sorry that you are still waiting for your name check to be completed, and hope that it will all work out for you very soon.
I have couple of questions for you, and would appreciate your advice very much. My sister got 2008EU00022XXX, forgot the exact number. She is a F1 student here in the US, and will graduate in May 2008. So you can say, she got selected exactly when she needed it. Alas, it is my understanding that this case number is quite large, and even if she gets an interview, it is likely to be in July or August 2008.
In your opinion, what is a better option for her: AOS or CP? In addition, she will either have her OPT papers by then or, she will be in process of obtaining them; is this a problem as far as DV procedure goes? It might be difficult to travel with OPT pending. Also, embassy folks seem to cancel any non-immigrant type of visa you might have in case you opt for CP. So in case the interview does not work out for her, she might get stuck in the old country.
Thanks a bunch!
Best Regards
Nebo

the AOS of graduating student is still not clear to me. they tell you to keep your status until you get the GC. but what to do if one needs to graduate?
first of all, you CANNOT apply for OPT while waiting, because as soon as you apply for AOS you loose your F1 status. I guess it could work if you get your OPT before applying for AOS...
you can also apply for employment authorization document (EAD). but then it's not clear with the whole "staying in status" issue, because F1 students are not allowed to work out of campus.
can anyone elaborate on this topic? can the student start working out of campus while waiting for GC?

Hi Nebo,

Thanks for the kind comments.

-I would go for CP as number might very well be current in September 2008.AOS will be too risky that late in the fiscal year, however, there was a case in DV 2006 processed in abt.14 days in September 2006.

-As long as someone has a valid I-94 they are in Status and this will not interfere with DV Process.

-When someone goes for a non immigrant visa like F1,visa officers make a hypothesis that applicant will stay in USA and visa issuance depends on the rejection of hypothesis.However, immigrant visa's are different and speciality visa like DV will have no effect what so ever with persons F1 status.Remember DV does show immigrant intent but applicant did not lie at the time of non immigrant visa,DV's are random selection etc.

Hope this helps!!!

Another quick question for Jugnu786:
Did you send your AOS Pkg around Oct. 1st because your number became current in Oct? That is, would you suggest sending this package starting Oct. 1st regardless of what the case number is?
Thanks!
Once again, hope you clear the name check soon.
Vozdra
Nebo

Hi Nebo,

My case was current in October 2006.It was extremly low 3 digit number for EU.There was one case of Borya in 2005 that went through eventhough he submitted his case earlier than his number become current,however,there are more examples of rejection/returning the case if number is not current.Please see npaudel posts in DV forum with this regard.Given very high number I would not suggest her submitting earlier as you never know USCIS might procede with the case but at the end after interview they may reject due to early submission.

In general and given the case number CP would be safest way to go.Department of State Visa Officers process Background checks on the spot and if there is no exact match then visa will be issued the same day.I have read lot of reports about background checks and determined that FBI tend to process cases earlier for DOS rather than USCIS.

Suggestion:gather more facts...how your consulate process these visas in your home country etc...did someone miss the boat in last year or before...etc

Jugnu

Hello Jugnu,
You have been most helpful. I will switch to CP threads to see what are past experiences regarding CP path.
All the best to you.
Vozdra
Nebo

please give an opinion how get interview early

GREAT THANKS to all who shares their personal experience! And good luck to every one and every body!

I am trying to find out if it is good idea to get interview early then the invitation comes?

I keep searching through the Forum in the hope that similar question was already discussed but I will be more then happy if some one could direct me :)

Entermate,

I don't think there is a way to get an interview without the invitation. And sometimes even an interview is not enough. First thing you should be worrying about is the FBI background check.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Vinipux :)

Entermate,

I don't think there is a way to get an interview without the invitation. And sometimes even an interview is not enough. First thing you should be worrying about is the FBI background check.

Good luck!
Do you know how long I should wait before requesting about FBI background check "status"?

Hi Entermate,

You had FP on 05/17 and I wont be worried until end of June for interview letter but hopefully you will get it earlier.Some USCIS offices don't schedule interview unless background checks are clear but some do it like ours even they are pending.

Jugnu

Hi,

It's time for me to submit my AOS application next week. The chance (AS000006XXX) may be slim since it's close to the September deadline but I don't have any other choice. However, I have several questions or concerns:

1. Currently, I reside in Chicago but I will move to Boston in July to start a new job. I was confused what address I should put in my application. Is it better to deal with Chicago office or (Where's the local office for Boston area?) Boston area? I can keep a Chicago address by renting a mail box or put my friend's address in Boston. If I choose the local office for Boston, will there be problems with the process since I still have to put my Chicago job information but I will have the interview later at the local office for Boston area? Vice versa, if I have an interview in Chicago but I work in Boston?

2. Do they take personal checks from a bank in USA (like Chase Bank)? It's easier to track whether they cash the checks or not than using money orders etc.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi CH3,

If I am you then I will put Chicago address for now,better get receipt notice etc at the address you are living.Later on,you can update your address online when the time comes and make an info pass to make sure abt.the case possible transfer.However,if you prefer leave your local office to be chicago...Boston local office might be more busier than chicago.My suggestion try to find which office process DV cases in a quick fashion from others experience.

I would use personal checks as lockbox facility is outsourced to Chase Bank for processing fee checks etc....and of course you will be able to see your receipt number from the back image of the check.

jugnu

DV notification

DV-2007 ,,,
after applying to KCC , DSP-122 form,,
they sent me back a letter ( i don't know what to use with it ) in Dec 21, 2006
telling me
"Thank you for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment of status ....

....... "

after that ... i have recieved no contact from them

i don't know , what 's the thing they said "notification letter"??
" USCIS" or "interview appointment "
and the "fee" when i have to submit ????

ok ,,, any body help

KCC also said ,, not to contact them , but to USCIS :(

Thanks Jugnu for your suggestions. I will keep my current address in Chicago. I have more question as I re-check all the documents/forms:

I did my medical check-up so early (dated August 2006). I read from this forum that it has to be recent. Is this true? Should I get another medical check-up? Since I will send my application next week, I was thinking to include the result from August 2006 and bring a new one at the interview. But is this even necessary? I don't wanna waste more $$.

Thanks.