• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2007 AOS only

Google

Hi Everyone,
We're Just Back From Our Infopass Today. It's Been 2 Months Since The Interview And There's Still Nothing. This Was Our 2nd Infopass Since The Interview. They Didn't Let Us See Our Case Worker, They Just Told Us That They're Still Reviewing Our Case. I've Asked Again If Our Name Checks Cleared, And The Lady Said That They Were Cleared. There Are No Problems Or Missing Things But We Should Wait For The Mail.
I Told The Lady, That I Want To See The Case Worker, I Needed To Give Her Some Documents About Our Case, But She Told Me To Leave Them With Her, And She Will Make Sure They're Added To Our Case.

Aaahhhhhh!!!!!
Just Nothing Again. I Just Don't Understand What's Keeping Them.
I'm Thinking About Connecting Someone, Like A Senator Or Congressman Like Everyone, But I Don't Know How To Do That. Do You Think I Should Seek Some Help About My Case?
Can Someone Show Me Some Example Letters To Write To The Senators Or Congressmen For Help?
Thanks So Much In Advance.
If you go to google and type in "US senator (or Congressman) for --[name of your state]" it will give you their contact address and phone including local numbers close to you.
I wish you the best; I am sure it will all work out.

My situation/time-line is identical to Jugnu786's.

I took an INFOPASS this morning to try and expedite the NC and was told that the NC, once expedited, will take 2 weeks and that they can only request it 30 days before the expiration date of the DV validity and that I should come back on the 30 August.

So I need to wait for 3.5 more months...

Hi Coldstar,

If USCIS wait that long before expedited request then it would be very tough on us and might be narrow escape at the end.

This is one one most confusing thing that I have in my mind abt.when to start a lawsuit against USCIS.If we wait too long then we may not have much time left before September 30th.Let's hope they will let us be free earlier not till the last moment.

Jugnu

It's a tough call. There may also be a ton of expidite requests on Aug 30 because of this. Not sure how many of us are in that boat...?

Hi Coldstar,

I have seen some statistics abt DV and AOS and they were not big in numbers and possibly same will be the case for DV 2007 as well.And I would guess DV winners stuck longer than 6 months will not be more than 100 or so.USCIS might send all peding cases togather to FBI for expedited processing.

You please visit the link below;

http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/gc_1172359525682.shtm#4

This will give kind of an exact statistic abt.total pending cases.Please keep in mind abt.65% or more cases are for citizenship,family,employment,lottery and any other are part of 35% of pending cases.

Jugnu

Hi Coldstar and Jugnu786
I mentioned earlier during our interview officer told me they expedite the process for DV cases automatically in August. They maintain a database for all cases and DV cases are noted as DV, after July once they find any DV case name check is pending they request to expedite. Officer also added me if I want to come I should come after July. It may vary by local office (I don’t know), where are your local offices?
We had our interview on March 16 and FP and biometrics taken on January 19. My wife received her after 10 days from interview as she was the principal applicant.

Hello everybody!
I just wanted to let you know that I finally received a notice about my card being ordered for production. Many thanks to all of you who posted their experience here and who were patiently giving suggestions and encouragement to each other! It helped me a lot to make sure I did not miss anything in my application process. Thanks again!!!
starak

Last edited by a moderator:
KCC confirmation

Do I suppose to receive some kind of confirmation letter from KCC in case AOS?
I am really confused now since my case # 2008EU00024xxx is too high and I am afraid I made wrong decision to do AOS istead of CP.

Hi figi,

They do mail confirmation letter out, however, some of us never got one but no worries on that sector as apparently that may not matter at all.Please see my timeline abt.it.

Last year 24000 was current in September and this year that might be the case.There is lot of info. available CP vs AOS and you can always choose for CP as long as you have not applied for AOS.In your case time will be very crucial and CP might be a better option given your background checks are okay then no delays while AOS might work out fine but you will be hanging till the end and USCIS has no special channel and you gotta monitor your case on daily basics.

In general FBI works quicker with the checks submitted by Department of State than USCIS.Please take into account also what is your current non immigrant status while opting for CP.Another suggestion try to monitor 2007 activity for your consulate and see how they will do for cases become current in September 2007..

There was one AOS case submitted in September 2006 that was adjudicated in abt.14 days...so good luck with the process!!!

Once you make up your mind then let KCC know via an e-mail or phone call.

Jugnu

Hi Rahim,

I hope they expedite it by August 2007.I was not successfull to get the exact info abt when they do it.My offices is Memphis and only response I got was same like you except no certain month given!!!

Jugnu

Not sure if anyone will know about this, but here's my question:

When you are approved and the officer is about to adjust your status on your DV case...do they use the A# that you are assigned to change your status from non-immigrant to that of a immigrant.

Or do they use the assigned DV number to do that ?
Also after the interview and once the case is approved, is the DV number still used for further processing ?

Thanks
Johnny

Hi Johnny,

To my understanding that would be the A#,DV numbers are for KCC control purposes only and when a case is with USCIS then they generate an A# on the basics of eligibility for AOS.

Usage of DV number after case being approved is unlikely....I think for what?other than reports and back office records but not from customer perspective.Although, all GC contain info.abt the bascis of eligibility such as DV and employment.

Jugnu

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if I understand the question perfectly, but here is an answer as I understand it:
When you get approved, your A# will be the A# on the notices of action that you receive during the AOS process, and that is the number that appears on the GC (it looks like the applicationprocessing number -MSC...- becomes the "card number"). After you get the GC, your DV case# is no longer relevant.
One minor detail: I had an A# based on my status (written on my EAC) before the DV-AOS application, they assigned a new A# for me.

I hope this helps.

Not sure if anyone will know about this, but here's my question:

When you are approved and the officer is about to adjust your status on your DV case...do they use the A# that you are assigned to change your status from non-immigrant to that of a immigrant.

Or do they use the assigned DV number to do that ?
Also after the interview and once the case is approved, is the DV number still used for further processing ?

Thanks
Johnny

Hi Jang_KO,

Your account is not accepting private messages,anywayz here is the response...

Fee can be paid anytime before the final interview.It would be safe to pay it before you are ready to submit your case that might be November,so can stick a copy of receipt with your AOS application.They normally ask for origional at final interview.

Once I-485 is submitted then you get a notice abt.FP so dont worry abt.that now.In general you get FP notice after 15-20 days of first notice,in my case it was followed a week after receipt notice of 485.

Jugnu

Congratulations, Starak

Hello everybody!
I just wanted to let you know that I finally received a notice about my card being ordered for production. Many thanks to all of you who posted their experience here and who were patiently giving suggestions and encouragement to each other! It helped me a lot to make sure I did not miss anything in my application process. Thanks again!!!
starak
Congratulations on the conclusion of your case.
It must have been nerve-wracking for the last 4 months; I noticed that your interview was in January.
Enjoy the new status:D

How to get a real USCIS customer representative (police certificate (P/C))?

Again deep thanks to the many people who is helping and warm congratulations to the winners :)!

I would like to know do I need to have the police certificates (P/C) from all places I’ve stayed longer then 6 month after my 16 y.a.bd? I got one P/C from current place. Previous place P/C must be send directly to office in need. Last P/C has to be ordered in my country consulate and processing times are many months :-(
I tried to call 1-800-375-5283 but have lost in their choice menus.
Please help me! I appreciate your time very much! :)

Hi Entermate,

For AOS you don't need any P/C from any country.USCIS will do all security checks by themselves.

Hope this helps!!!

Jugnu

Hi All. Hope Everyone's Doing Great. I'm Still Waiting A Result.
I'd Like To Ask You Something. When You Write Letter For Help From Senators Or Congressmen, Do You Write Separate Letter For You And Your Spouse, Or You Just Include Their Names And A# In Your Letter?
I'm Gonna Contact My State Senators Next Week. I Hope They Could Help.
Have A Nice Friday And Weekend.