• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv-2005- Aos

heyrams

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I visa number will be avialable in August, But it appear in the July's Bulltein.
Can I file now? Where should I send application?

Please Help!!!!!!

I filed when my number became available in the advanced bulletin and so far my application hasn't been rejected but I haven't been called for an interview yet.

I filed with Chicago.

DV-2005 & EAD

Can I file AOS and EAD at the same time?
How long is the EAD valid ? Where should I sent my application?

Please reply

I think you can file AOS application together with EAD at the same time, but I'm not 100% sure because I didn't apply for EAD and I never did any research on this issue.

If you go to:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-485.htm

you will see that if you use USPS you need to mail your documents to:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

but if you are planning to send the documents with DHL or UPS or any other private courier you need to use:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Attn: FBASI
427 S. LaSalle – 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60605-1098

Yes, you can file for EAD. I did it and when I got the receipt notice, I also got EAD pick up notice. The EAD is valid until you get to the interview. If interview goes well, you won't need EAD. If you are denied GC at the interview, your EAD will become invalid.

how long will EAD valid for? 6 mths, 1 year or more.
what is a pick up notice? when did you file? did you do biometrics?

Last edited by a moderator:
On the EAD it says that it's valid for 1 year, but if you are denied permanent residence, it will automatically become invalid because it was based on your permanent resident applciation.
Pickup notice is a notice to go to local USCIS office to pick up your EAD.
My biometrics were done at the same time as fingerprinting.
I filed in December, in March I had fingerprinting and got EAD, and next week I have an interview. Once I finish, I'll post the whole experience in detail.

my EAD was sent to me by mail. No pick up notices here. Heyrams, don't spend your money on EAD. By the time you get it, you will most likely interview any way.

LucyMO said:
my EAD was sent to me by mail. No pick up notices here. Heyrams, don't spend your money on EAD. By the time you get it, you will most likely interview any way.
From my experience in San Francisco, I've got EAD in March and my interview is at the end of June. Those are three months that I can work, rather then just sit and wait.

dv-2005

I FILED FOR AOS with Chicago, how long will I take to get back notice?
Can someone who is illegal still qualify for AOS? What about 245i?

heyrams said:

I filed with chicago this week too .. let me know when u get a receipt and case number .. I'll let u know if I do the same

heyrams said:

Did u get your receipt/letter from Chicago ????

dv-lottery - fingerprinting

Can my Congressman help me with getting an early date for FP? How long will it take to get an EAD,after Biometrics?
Please help!!!

You could try calling the number on the fingerprint notice several times.

When I first called the middle of May I got an appointment for the middle of April. I called again and got an appointment for the beginning of May, although I got to go to a service center further away. It's worth several tries.

heyrams said:
I received my notice today (7/2/05)
Good Luck!!!!!

Congrats .. I still have not recvd it ..can u tell me when U sent the papers and if u sent it by regular mail or express ? has your check been cashed ? also what state are u in ? Thanks !

Last edited by a moderator:
DvWinner said:
Congrats .. I still have not recvd it ..can u tell me when U sent the papers and if u sent it by regular mail or express ? has your check been cashed ? also what state are u in ? Thanks !

I sent on 6/17/05 via express mail, I sent Money orders; I am from NYC.