Driver License Renewal

shadow26

Registered Users (C)
Hey, Ive got a question, I just came back to the States after 9 months been outside. My Driver License Expired more than 6 months ago and I went to DMV office to renew it but run into a problem DMV Computer Database indicate that I am asylee and my DL nonrenewable unless I will provide necessary documents such as asylum papers or green card. I have my Green Card but I left it outside US with my RTD. Is anyway to proof my status as PR?

How in the hell were you able to come back without GC ?????????? You must have had some kind of papers to cross the border. I suggest you produce whatever papers you used to enter the U.S.

Crossed the border at Atlanta Int Airport with no problem.I don't have any papers states my immigration status at all right now((((
How in the hell were you able to come back without GC ?????????? You must have had some kind of papers to cross the border. I suggest you produce whatever papers you used to enter the U.S.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you even get on a plane to the US without an RTD and GC? And, why can't you have someone send you your RTD and GC?

Are we talking about entering US or How to renew xpired DL?:)

I am sorry if I seemed to leave the original subject. I just think that you should show to DMV people the same papers you used when entering the U.S. and tell them to give you a new license. Did you use a NP to enter? Visa? I have never heard of anybody being let into the country only with a customs declaration. Not even United States citizens (those need a passport)

P.S. Can someone mail you the documents from wherever you left them? If you use DHL, Fedex, or UPS, it will be relatively cheap and fast (I get documents within a week from halfway across the globe).

How did you even get on a plane to the US without an RTD and GC? And, why can't you have someone send you your RTD and GC?
Yeah, Nobody were care about passengers Immigration Status, I guess because almost every passenger are US Citizen.
No chance to send me my GC because next week I am coming back, and get my GC, but I need it now to proof my Immigration Status in the States

Yeah, Nobody were care about passengers Immigration Status, I guess because almost every passenger are US Citizen.
No chance to send me my GC because next week I am coming back, and get my GC, but I need it now to proof my Immigration Status in the States

I am completely confused now. Sorry, but this sounds like bunch of nonsense to me.

I am sorry if I seemed to leave the original subject. I just think that you should show to DMV people the same papers you used when entering the U.S. and tell them to give you a new license. Did you use a NP to enter? Visa? I have never heard of anybody being let into the country only with a customs declaration. Not even United States citizens (those need a passport)

P.S. Can someone mail you the documents from wherever you left them? If you use DHL, Fedex, or UPS, it will be relatively cheap and fast (I get documents within a week from halfway across the globe).

Sorry, My bad, I thought I said at first place. Plane was commercial but with military personal only. I am Military, and sometimes bypassing INS control, but not Customs)))

am reading u guys what da heck is going on here i agree With YAHA1 u saying u r in Milltary or what ?? very confused Shadoww why u not explaiin u r status in USA then may be we can help
what thts seem like nonescnce .... man thats so funy and very :mad:

Not sure how to help you. Copies maybe?
that's the problem(( Nothing!(((( DMV They don't give a f...k, if you military you should be Citizen or PR, they need proof.
I guess I am good enough to fight for this country and not good enough to drive in this country

is U r Location: Afghanistan
or what ??
Are u In US Miltery ??
if u r then u should not have any Problms just tell them u r in Milltery show them Milltary Ids or any paper work
What Is U r Status in U.S.A??

am reading u guys what da heck is going on here i agree With YAHA1 u saying u r in Milltary or what ?? very confused Shadoww why u not explaiin u r status in USA then may be we can help
what thts seem like nonescnce .... man thats so funy and very :mad:

No those guys they working by the book by instruction, We need Two Copies of ID We need Birth Certificate if you born in US or INS papers if you were born outside. I brought them everything except GC.

is U r Location: Afghanistan
or what ??
Are u In US Miltery ??
if u r then u should not have any Problms just tell them u r in Milltery show them Milltary Ids or any paper work
What Is U r Status in U.S.A??

No, right now Im in the States( Vacation)
Yes Iam Military
Military ID, i already tried, in 3 different DMVs(((
My status in US is PR

DMV IS Private Agency i got one Time Problms too what i fight them and i prove them and i show USICS web site Printout alot stuff
then they give me Drive Lincence some time those Moorn dont know anything some time they even dont know how to read I 94 And What Da Mean Of Granted Asylum stuff like that
keep trying
or Go another DMV lor anything

one time One DMV Lady Told Me Try Another DMV and I Try And it Work.
And Same Happen One Time With My SSN my Point Some Time some DMV Employes dont know anything u need to Prove Them
ok
GOOD LUCK
any way
if u Asylum Granted Why U dont have I 94 saying Asylum Granted They Take that //

Got it! Supervisor at DMV she is my hero. 20 minutes couple calls and she gave me new DL. Next week Im gonna start working with my Naturalization Packet. I guess i was too lazy for it till today.