Done 2FP in Jul, Aug and waiting for Approval/RFE

Any guess what that would be?

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On September 10, 2004, we responded to your request for more
information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within
30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

AP 140 12-04-2002
RD 12-20-2002 (RIR EB2)
1st FP 02-01-2003
RFE Issued on 05-07-2004 EVL
RFE Received on 05-27-2004
2nd FP 09-08-2004
LUD 09-10-2004
No change (employer, address) since day 1.

Thanks for input. :confused:

peterwang - looks like you called NSC to update your address recently. The status is normal and it's not an RFE.

Happyvoda,

Thanks for your reply.

I called them to correct my SS# which I found it was incorrect in my FP notice.
This might cause the update, but I wish no trouble or mess up at all.

peterwang60 said:
Happyvoda,

Thanks for your reply.

I called them to correct my SS# which I found it was incorrect in my FP notice.
This might cause the update, but I wish no trouble or mess up at all.

My lawer put a wrong SS# in my I485 application and I didn't catch it, since I filed 140/485 together and SS# was correct in I140. The officer who took my FP1 (on 12/2002) pointed out this mismatch between SS# in the form I filled in local office and SS# in their system. I then asked my lawer to correct this for me on January 2003. I didn't get any RFE for my case till I got approved last month.

I think you should also check the SS# on the original I485 application. Well, you've already called them to correct it. I'm not sure if you need to ask your lawer to correct it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happyvoda,

Thanks for your input. I think I should let my attorney know this.

My attorney made a mistake on my SS# in my I-140, I didn't catch it till it was approved, when they were preparing my I-485 forms, I found it out and asked them to correct it on I-485 forms, my attorney said they would do that. I thought they contacted CIS and corrected it in the system already, but till I received 2nd FP notice I found it was still a wrong one, so I called Help number, the first time the agent asked me what my problem was, I explained to her that my SS# was not correct in the finger notice, wanted her to check if my SS# was correct or not in the whole system, she said "ok, I need to check it", then she put me on hold for 5 mins, after she came back, she asked me :"Sir, what is your problem again?", I have to explain to her again, she put me on another 5 mins hold, after that she told me : "Sorry Sir, you have to contact local INS office and ask them to corrrect it, we could not do anything.", I explained to her that I told local INS office where I took my finger print, they corrected it on the local system, but could not update it on the whole system, I need to call the service number. She said: "Well, wait a second", she left and talked with somebody else, finally she told me :" Sir, you need to write a letter to local INS and asked them to correct.", I was really frustrated and explained to her that my case was filed to NSC instead of local office, she said :" Then you need to write letter to NSC". I gave it up and hanged off my phone. I don't know it's my problem or her problem.

Waited a half hour, feel still need to have a try. I called second time, this time the agent was very nice, and after I told her my story, she said :" No problem, I will write an inquire for you and let NSC officer to correct it in the system." Simple as that, I told her that she was the greatest person that I met since I called this number and god will bless her.

Sorry to put this long story for your guys.
You know what, the lessons to call help number is don't give it up, if you meet a agent who is not very knowledgeable or nice to you, just hange up and wait some time to make another call, sooner or later, you will meet somebody who is willing to help you.

DONE, Yes mine got approved today.

RFE:04/16/2004
Replied: 05/11/2004
2nd FP:08/12/2004

Approved: 09/13/2004

RD:09/20/2002
ND:11/17/2002
FP:01/07/2003

congratulations gsumk!

~31% got approved after FP2 in this track thread. Wish we could see more approvals for those who did FP2 in early July.

Rfe

Hi,
Just to update you guys, I got an email from CIS that on 13th an RFE has been sent for my case (I have 2 dependents). I don’t know the contents yet; will update you all once I get the mail.

RD: 12/05/2002
ND: 12/09/2002
FP1: 02/11/2003
FP2: 07/22/2004
RFE: 09/13/2004

I got an email from USCIS on 7th September that RFE has been sent for my case. They requested a employment Verification letter.

No change yet

RD: 10/26/02
ND: 11/05/02 - EB2, RIR, Concurrent filing.
2nd FP: 07/16 @ St.Paul,MN
NO change in LUD -- same message "...600 days..."

Sorry forgot to update this thread

Here are my details -

PD - Nov 2000 - EB2/RIR
I485 RD/ND - July 15/19 2002
1st FP - Sep 3 2002
2nd FP - May 26 2004 (went early, actual date june 22 2004)
RFE - Aug 3 2004 don't know what it was as company lawyer replied directly
AD - Sep 15 2004 - Chapter closed :)