Domestic violence

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvsubbu

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Myself and My wife had arguement. She suspects me more ( as she loves me more ) and one bad night she picked an arguement. I slapped her. She slapped me twice. I hit her , she hit me thrice. Anyway, we were behaving like kids . when I hit her hard, accidentally my hand hit her nose and her nose was broken. And that morning we were back to normal. I went to office. Her bit-ch friend came in and started blah blah blah and took my wife to hospital and complained the nurse that I hit her. . Police presuries my wife to sign the affividit and she didnt sign. But they took my wife's words and issued aan arrest warrant and a temporary protection order. My wife was sent to shelter. She was trying to defend me, but you know the cops wont listen. She even said that She wanted to stay in my home, but they said that I could KILL her. funny...cops are fockers.

Early morning 2AM next day when I was sleeping, 6 cars 6 cops came in and arrested me. Registered me as US citizen and arrested . took finger prints. mug shots and sent to court house to see a judge. I was charged with 'Domestic Violence and first degree knowingly assault'

I thought my life was over and decided to go back to India along with my wife.

Anyway, I saw the judge, she read the police complaint and asked me if that was true. I said it was not true and I didnt also say she also hit me as I came to know what does it mean to them ... The judge set me 10 % of 5000USd bond and with court hearing date.... I didnt know anyone in US as I am pretty new to US. I was thinking of informing this to my work place's collgue, but I know that I should sell flowers where I sell wood....so some how I talked to fellow prisoner said that if he bails me out I will bear his bail amount also... He bailed me out first and I came out and I bailed him out and I gave my bail money back....anyway, it took 3 days for me to come out as it was week end... thank god, it was not weekdays as It would have been known to work place....

I came out and started looking for my wife. I didnt have her trace. One night she called from shelter and they were planning to transfer her intra state shetler..She was crying for me for all these days...they were not evening listening to her. I noted her address and said I have a restraining order that we can not talk now and told her not to contact me or dont even inform this to anyone. I hired an american lawyer and he talked to his wife about my issue and his wife went went to shetler and brought my wife out and myself and my wife stayed in their house. This is just known to me and the lawyer. Nobody else in this world knew this till now.

First Court hearing : My wife didnt show up. They had sent subpeona and it was returned from my residence address. but 3 cops came on the behalf of my wife. Since my wife didnt show up, the judge immediately post phoned this pretrial to next 2 weeks. The whole hearing happend in less than 2 minutes....

Meanwhile:

2nd time subpeona came, again it returned. 3rd time subpeona went to shelter and again it returned....I guess I was given CORRECT directions by the criminal lawyer...

Second Court hearing:

They called my name. They called my my wife , She didnt show up there. the DA was aggresively reading all my charges blah blah and requesting 3rd pretrial date...
My lawyer said 'Execute. This is the seconf time that she didnt show up and he kept quite'.

The judge looked at me and asked me the below questions.

1. You seem an educated person. where do you work?
I work in abbbccdd company. He said thats respectable company and dont do this again....and asked if I had any prior convictions. My lawyer said this is my first offence.

2. Judge asked how it happened. I didnt talk as My lawyer said dont talk / open my mouth as the DA can screw me with her questions. I said ( asp er lawyer ) 'I am using my right not to talk before you and I have a lawyer..blah blah somethig like that..

3. He said if I had any plans to come to see him again for another domestic violence...I said no.

4. he asked me if I am filing my city taxes or I would have to come to court again ( as that day most cases were for not paying city taxes ). I think he cracked a joke.

5. He asked me if I am a US citizen and I said I am on working Visa. He explained how serious is domestic violence as it the crime against the state and the community. he explained me what would happen to me if my wife would have shoed up in the court as I would be put in detention and will be deported.

6. He said finally ' I am canceeling TPO and letting you go for now . I am dismissing your case for want of prosecution' and said good luck to me and behave properly.and then my lawyer went and talked to him if It can be sealed/expunged. Judge told him the case can be expunged immediately..

I didnt get into any diversion programs, I didnt even open my mouth, didnt plea guilty or entered into any deferred programs etc etc...no conviction...but...... the disposition says just one word

'DWP - Case Dismissed for want of prosecution'.

can you please tell me if I am safe and can apply my h1b extensionduring october 2007?. I have no probabtion, no anger management, no contest etc etc?

I have approved labour and I140. will this an issue at i485 level?

-streed guy

Hi,

Myself and My wife had arguement. She suspects me more ( as she loves me more ) and one bad night she picked an arguement. I slapped her. She slapped me twice. I hit her , she hit me thrice. Anyway, we were behaving like kids . when I hit her hard, accidentally my hand hit her nose and her nose was broken. And that morning we were back to normal. I went to office. Her bit-ch friend came in and started blah blah blah and took my wife to hospital and complained the nurse that I hit her. . Police presuries my wife to sign the affividit and she didnt sign. But they took my wife's words and issued aan arrest warrant and a temporary protection order. My wife was sent to shelter. She was trying to defend me, but you know the cops wont listen. She even said that She wanted to stay in my home, but they said that I could KILL her. funny...cops are fockers.

Early morning 2AM next day when I was sleeping, 6 cars 6 cops came in and arrested me. Registered me as US citizen and arrested . took finger prints. mug shots and sent to court house to see a judge. I was charged with 'Domestic Violence and first degree knowingly assault'

Anyway, I saw the judge, she read the police complaint and asked me if that was true. I said it was not true and I didnt also say she also hit me as I came to know what does it mean to them ... The judge set me 10 % of 5000USd bond and with court hearing date.... I didnt know anyone in US as I am pretty new to US. I was thinking of informing this to my work place's collgue, but I know that I should sell flowers where I sell wood....so some how I talked to fellow prisoner said that if he bails me out I will bear his bail amount also... He bailed me out first and I came out and I bailed him out and I gave my bail money back....anyway, it took 3 days for me to come out as it was week end... thank god, it was not weekdays as It would have been known to work place....

I came out and started looking for my wife. I didnt have her trace. One night she called from shelter and they were planning to transfer her intra state shetler..She was crying for me for all these days...they were not evening listening to her. I noted her address and said I have a restraining order that we can not talk now and told her not to contact me or dont even inform this to anyone. I hired an american lawyer and he talked to his wife about my issue and his wife went went to shetler and brought my wife out and myself and my wife stayed in their house. This is just known to me and the lawyer. Nobody else in this world knew this till now.

First Court hearing : My wife didnt show up. They had sent subpeona and it was returned from my residence address. but 3 cops came on the behalf of my wife. Since my wife didnt show up, the judge immediately post phoned this pretrial to next 2 weeks. The whole hearing happend in less than 2 minutes....

Meanwhile:

2nd time subpeona came, again it returned. 3rd time subpeona went to shelter and again it returned....I guess I was given CORRECT directions by the criminal lawyer...

Second Court hearing:

They called my name. They called my my wife , She didnt show up there. the DA was aggresively reading all my charges blah blah and requesting 3rd pretrial date...
My lawyer said 'Execute. This is the seconf time that she didnt show up and he kept quite'.

I work in abbbccdd company. He said thats respectable company and dont do this again....and asked if I had any prior convictions. My lawyer said this is my first offence.

2. Judge asked how it happened. I didnt talk as My lawyer said dont talk / open my mouth as the DA can screw me with her questions. I said ( asp er lawyer ) 'I am using my right not to talk before you and I have a lawyer..blah blah somethig like that..

3. He said if I had any plans to come to see him again for another domestic violence...I said no.

4. he asked me if I am filing my city taxes or I would have to come to court again ( as that day most cases were for not paying city taxes ). I think he cracked a joke.

5. He asked me if I am a US citizen and I said I am on working Visa. He explained how serious is domestic violence as it the crime against the state and the community. he explained me what would happen to me if my wife would have shoed up in the court as I would be put in detention and will be deported.

6. He said finally ' I am canceeling TPO and letting you go for now . I am dismissing your case for want of prosecution' and said good luck to me and behave properly.and then my lawyer went and talked to him if It can be sealed/expunged. Judge told him the case can be expunged immediately..

I didnt get into any diversion programs, I didnt even open my mouth, didnt plea guilty or entered into any deferred programs etc etc...no conviction...but...... the disposition says just one word

can you please tell me if I am safe and can apply my h1b extensionduring october 2007?. I have no probabtion, no anger management, no contest etc etc?

-streed guy

Do you think a person (male or female) who can not control his/her anger deserves a permanent residence in one of the best nations nowadays? If you are in charge to select people to work or live in your property, could you choose someone like that person? Any one do mistakes, then ask others for help. Why he did not help himself first. I think you did a big mistake and deserve any consequences and do not blame one but you.

Do you think a person (male or female) who can not control his/her anger deserves a permanent residence in one of the best nations nowadays? If you are in charge to select people to work or live in your property, could you choose someone like that person? Any one do mistakes, then ask others for help. Why he did not help himself first. I think you did a big mistake and deserve any consequences and do not blame one but you.

mmed, righteousness is just spurting out of you with every word you say. I've never hit a woman in my life and I hope I never would. But I don't know what I'm capable of doing. Do you? By the way, US has a murder rate just a little below that in third world coutries (and higher than that in India!). So your first question is pure rhetorics in the context of this statistics. Do you get a kick out of prevailing justice, mmed? Step out of the character of a demagogue for a minute and think of lives and families being ruined in the name of justice in this one of the best nations and beyond.

Case dismissed - that's it. You don't need any attorney at all.
Of course on 485 from say "yes" on arrest - why not? It's not
a big deal after all. They like arresting people. It's fun for some.
Don't worry, one should try really hard to be deported.

Kartoshkin, by your name I probably guessed the country you're from. Your
comment is a very good one. It was enjoyable to read.

My own family was completely ruined exactly in the same way in the US.
That's why I'm writing from Britain now.

Guys, just go stone-faced through this crap called "domestic violence".
This is their internal political issue (similar to abortions and so on, not
understandable to any foreigner) which somehow hits hard on
immigrant workers who are burdened with loads and loads of other problems.
This also rips of hard earned savings in form of bond on bail and so on.

My experienced advice also: never hire attorneys in these cases. It's yet another rip-off.

Guys, just go stone-faced through this crap called "domestic violence". This is their internal political issue (similar to abortions and so on, not
understandable to any foreigner) which somehow hits hard on immigrant workers who are burdened with loads and loads of other problems.

The only problem such immigrants are burdened with is the delusion that violence against family members is in any way acceptable. If you want to beat your wife, stay in your own country.

Thank you TheRealCanadian

Thank you for making the point...Domestic Violence is just not acceptable no matter the Country of Origins or where you live. PERIOD.

Non-Retrogressed Country All Forms sent to Nebraska and transfered to Texas within a couple of days.
PERM EB2 Filed 10/05/06 AD: 11/15/06
I-140 RD: 02/20/07;PP; AD:02/28/07
I-131 RD: 03/16/07 LUD: 03/19/07; 03/29/07; 03/31/07; AD: 04/05/07
I-485 RD: 03/16/07 LUD: 04/06/07
FP ND: 03/26/07 Done: 04/06/07

mmed, righteousness is just spurting out of you with every word you say. I've never hit a woman in my life and I hope I never would. But I don't know what I'm capable of doing. Do you? By the way, US has a murder rate just a little below that in third world coutries (and higher than that in India!). So your first question is pure rhetorics in the context of this statistics. Do you get a kick out of prevailing justice, mmed? Step out of the character of a demagogue for a minute and think of lives and families being ruined in the name of justice in this one of the best nations and beyond.

I am sorry for that I think me, that lady who talked with his wife, his wife, the immigration and every one else is wrong and he is the only one right. I do not know that the US has the highest murder rate; OK it is logic then to beat our wife’s and ....... Or you may say no problem the US has more than 300 million nose, what is the problem if one nose broken.
Is it logic because of stresses to till him no problem, the case will be dismissed, the system is wrong …….etc. He did not even ask anything about her, what he should do to fix the problem he did; he just worried about GC petition. Do you accept that to your daughter or mom or sister and till them be silent to keep the GC in good shape.

Hi,

Meanwhile:

Second Court hearing:

-streed guy

My two cents
Dude you need not explained all your personal stuff on public forum. You could just say “domestic violence”
Here is one case which got approved after domestic violence
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=88605

This is not my situation but just read this somewhere which makes sense to me

“each person faces unique situation in life and tries to handle it, other ppl without facing that situation can not make any comment”

Now let’s keep this thread clean instead of discussing domestic violence

Hi MMad

Hi 'M,Mad',

I dont need your lavada advices. and dont behave like a an a55 hole. Are you the daughter of the bitch?. Let me ask you a question...are you married?. if so, didnt you ever have any arguement with your spouse. if not, yours is not a family life. it could be a just tasteless life or fucked up life. I started thinking that you left your husband and living on so called 'U' visa. or is your life completely fucked up?.

And now, who the fuck you are trying to say if I am eligible to stay in "America, the most wonderland". Dont dont ever speak to me withyour fucking lavada advices. I am pretty new to US. And when I asked my friend, he gave me his login name to post here.

When you have nothing to say , lockup all your holes and stay away.

I am one of the most highly respectable employees in the worlds largest The consumer company , based in US and I make upper 180Ks as a fulltime financial analyst and company is sponsoring me. I dont care if I want to stay here or GC. I entered this forum to share my experience and see if I get any advices... Did I say I am here for GC?. Did I say I am desperate for I485 or anything?. If I am desperate, I could throw some 500 to 800K and get some investor visa. I am capable for that kind of money by birth. I just came here when my wife wanted to see US .

I think you have a problem or you are a bitch/loser...or could be both of them.

Myself and wife are all by ourselves in this wonderland ( as you say, america is the best country) and sometimes things go wrong, like accidents do happen. and we keep cooprating and lead the life. when my wife has no problem ( or lawyer or judge or cops ), what the itchy you are having in your hole and trying to throw some dumb words..

Dont ever try to preach me. And before preaching, fully read my email, the case is DIMISSED, no prosecution, no questions....

what the heck You are telling 300million noses etc ect, what the fuck you are talking...and who the fuck you are judging me if myself/my wife are eliginle for perment residency...

Stay away from me....I am cool. My wife is cool. we are cool. Dont say anyword personal to me...thats it.. My life is very cool. Sometimes, husband or wife will have arguements or sometimes both go beyond. That does NOT mean that you jump in and preach here..

I still dont understand who the fuck you are trying to judge me if I am eligible for GC....

Remeber, when you have nothing to say and try to preach here, you will get a piece of shit from everyone......or if you have something to talk, talk on the point. dont talk all the garbage.....

Remember, your spouse is the ONLY come who lives with you during the entire life and should understand each other and lead life...
you are a big time sucker....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guru

Hi ladude,

Thanks Guru. Yes. the case is just dismissed without any prosecution or anything..Yes. I have gone through the thread and is more helpful...All I need to do is, just disclose everything on all the forms wherever its asked..

Thak you for your 2 cents man :p..

have a nice day,
tvsubbu

well, thats the problem

NIW2attempt /Real canadian,

My wife and myself are the best people and we know how much is meant to each other...

The real problem comes when your spouse is not cooperating or a dumb. My wife is the best lady. She is superb and adorable.

What I see in US is pure political games... One of my friends went to park, did some fishing and tired and accidentaly slept in the park. But when the park ranger saw him , arrested him and charged with some fucking obsctale construction or something. We were laughing... US is not a great country...and if you have kids, I hear drugs is the main issue....Its a totally fuckedup country I am guessing.

NIW2attempt ,
I am sorry to hear that your family got ruined by this shitty system and I hope everyone is doing great from your end. I hope things might have worked out for you.

- My 2 US dollars...

Last edited by a moderator:
When you have nothing to say , lockup all your holes and stay away. ... I think you have a problem or you are a bitch/loser...or could be both of them.

Your tone and poor language says a great deal about you and gives a very interesting context to this situation - I feel sorry for your wife. I hope that your foul mouth and predisposition to violence does not prompt someone to "accidentally" break a few pieces of your anatomy.

Status
Not open for further replies.