Doing the oath without scheduled oath date possible?

Tazmania

Registered Users (C)
Following situation, my oath date Friday (4/10) and wife is still in the stuipd oath scheduling que since little over two weeks.

Do you think there is a chance that they let her do the oath without a scheduled date? Any experience here in the forum?

Thanks

No. You need the letter without which you can't do it.

Did you wife change her name? maybe that is what is delaying her Oath ceremony as it needs to be a Judicial one

Losing a letter is different then not receiving a letter. They need to keep all records ready and they won't do this on the fly.

Following situation, my oath date Friday (4/10) and wife is still in the stuipd oath scheduling que since little over two weeks.

Do you think there is a chance that they let her do the oath without a scheduled date?

No, definitely not.
In order for the oath to be administered, her naturalization certificate has to be ready and available at the oath ceremony, and her file, with the requisite approval documentation, has to be there as well.
Unless she actually has her oath scheduled for a specific date, neither her certificate nor her file will be available at the oath ceremony and she will not be allowed to take the oath.

If she's going to come to your ceremony anyway, she can come prepared as if she's taking her oath, and if she's lucky, they will have sent her letter for the same date, and you'll have to say you didn't receive it. Better still, call CIS, get escalated, and ask them about her case. If they sent a letter, they may fax it to you.

She will call them today again and ask for 2 tier officer. Ridiciulous that they don't do couples at one time. If this is not working then we will take her papers to my oath anyway. At least there there is local USCIS stuff and not that clueless hotline people.

You can always ask to be postponed so that you get to be naturalized together.

Also, INFOPASS is the better option, as calling the 1-800 number goes to a location other than where the files are located and to folks who are not allowed to make any decisions.

In your post you listed an oath date of 4/10 [which in the U.S. mean April 10th], did you actually mean 10/4 [meaning October 4th]? If so, how did things turn out?

USCIS people were useless piece of s... there.

@BigJoe5: You read it wrong, I listed the month on top and then the date within it (otherwise I run out of space in the signature).
However, Oath went well, quite boring if you ask me but now I have dual citizenship and that is all what matters. On Monday I'll apply for my passport to finish the whole process.