Does immigration use invisible ink? (Urgent)

Dschuliaen

I have a GC and am living outside of the US at the moment. I understand that the maximum duration I can stay outside of the US without loosing my GC is one year. Last week I traveled to the US in order to comply with this regulation and also to post my application for a renewed GC. However, upon returning I have realized that my passport has not been stamped. I first thought that border control staff may have used an invisible ink, but looking at the passport under black light no stamp was visible. I would like to know whether the immigration is likely to have kept records that I have been to the United Sates as computer records or the landing card. I have 10 more days until the 365-day period expires and did not plan to return to the US within this time period. What actions can I take in order to keep my GC? Will I loose my GC if I take no actions? Thanks for your help :)

I first thought that border control staff may have used an invisible ink, but looking at the passport under black light no stamp was visible.

They don't use invisible ink.

I have 10 more days until the 365-day period expires and did not plan to return to the US within this time period. What actions can I take in order to keep my GC? Will I loose my GC if I take no actions?

You have a bigger problem. You are no longer residing in the United States, and by that fact alone USCIS can consider that your GC has been abandoned. Merely setting foot in the US every 365 days is insufficient to maintain your GC. To answer your original question, I expect CBP has a record of your visit.

TheRealCanadian is correct. Also, I think its 6 months instead of 1 year. If you choose to stay outside of US more than 6 months, you need to apply for some travel document.

This doesn't mean you have lost your status, but the POE officers can use this as an excuse to stop you from entering the country.

If you choose to stay outside of US more than 6 months, you need to apply for some travel document.

that is incorrect. You need a reentry permits if you stay outside the US for more than 1 year.