Does early FP’ing expedites the case?

Marcilo

Registered Users (C)

Just out of curiosity, not that it will make huge difference, two week here and there won't but does that really help? Or people do Early FP for convenience.

Comments are welcome.

Just out of curiosity, not that it will make huge difference, two week here and there won't but does that really help? Or people do Early FP for convenience.
I think the main reason is anxiety, in that stage no one can wait :)
From casual browsing some of the signatures, I cannot see any significant timeline difference between early FP and scheduled FP, the load variation from DO to DO has a much larger impact on timelines.
Case in point: I went FP 10 days AFTER the scheduled FP date (could not keep the original appointment) and got my interview date (ID) and oath well within the normal range of other Seattle DO applicants. I speculate that in my case, the USCIS was actually delaying since the landed my ID right on my 5yr GC anniversary

A few years ago when naturalizations could take a year or more it used to make a difference. I don't think it makes a difference enough now to justify going to an early FP.

In my case, Yes. I did early FP and my wife did on scheduled date. I got my IL but she is still waiting.

I haven't seen any advantages to doing FP early. I'm still waiting, in accordance with NYC wait times, and I did my FP 3 weeks early!