Documents needed for Naturalization

No update about my N-400 application since June 10th except the notice of acceptance.
Is there anything I need to do? Shall I send a message online, contact a congress person? Do we have here timeline sheet for naturalization? Thank you all for sharing experience

No update about my N-400 application since June 10th except the notice of acceptance.
Is there anything I need to do? Shall I send a message online, contact a congress person? Do we have here timeline sheet for naturalization? Thank you all for sharing experience

You can check processing times for n400 at your local office https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/
There should also be an estimated completion date on your myuscis account.
There is a big backlog in biometrics. I have seen people who submitted in April report still waiting for bio letters.
Even pre covid many FOs were taking many months or even longer than a year (mine) for the process. It’s not quick.

You can check processing times for n400 at your local office https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/
There should also be an estimated completion date on your myuscis account.
There is a big backlog in biometrics. I have seen people who submitted in April report still waiting for bio letters.
Even pre covid many FOs were taking many months or even longer than a year (mine) for the process. It’s not quick.
Our office location 6.5 to 9 months and my account online says 3 month, it was September then changed to November and last update “ currently “ Said due December 2020. But some AOS Nighbor people did the Bio within a month From the submitted date ! although AOS said 12 to 35 months.

Our office location 6.5 to 9 months and my account online says 3 month, it was September then changed to November and last update “ currently “ Said due December 2020. But some AOS Nighbor people did the Bio within a month From the submitted date ! although AOS said 12 to 35 months.

From another forum I am on it seems AOS is taking clear preference for bio dates. With 6.5-9 months processing at your local office there is no rush for bio. The processing times website can be more accurate than myuscis which often reaches the date then changes to “taking longer than expected”. Bottom line until you’ve reached the “receipt date for a case enquiry” no point in trying to follow up.

June 11th here and still nothing

Advise needed from anyone has experiance like this , if you helped your children when they became 18 years old, how to answer this is online N-400? our son's English way better than me but we appreciate your advise.
1- Is someone assisting you with completing this application?
Yes or No
2- Is a preparer assisting you with completing this application?
A preparer is anyone who completes or helps you complete all or part of your application using information and answers that you provide.
Yes or No
3- Is an interpreter assisting you with completing this application?
Yes or No
thank you

May I try to call and ask the USCIS to expedite my naturalizations process so my son doesn’t have to do the n-400 process before his 18birthday? I feel it’s hard for him as he is a high school senior.

May I try to call and ask the USCIS to expedite my naturalizations process so my son doesn’t have to do the n-400 process before his 18birthday? I feel it’s hard for him as he is a high school senior.
I tried that, didn't work, but by all means go ahead and try ... you have nothing to lose by doing so.

I tried that, didn't work, but by all means go ahead and try ... you have nothing to lose by doing so.
Susie, thank you for sharing your experience. I will try and at the same time I am preparing for his application online. Please advise, he will need his GC, birth certificate and selective service. He is a full time student and works in the weekend, is it needed to be in the application?
I’m waiting also for the sective service online on his birthday to be able to submit the information proof. I never wish for him to go in this process while he is in high school but we will seek grace.
Can you help with the questions before post #531?
Was it easy with your son or daughter? Thank you.

My daughter is still waiting for her naturalization appointment.

I honestly don’t remember everything we filled in, I did it with her but it was nearly a year ago now. We filled in whatever seemed reasonable and correct and site told us what we needed to upload.

My daughter is still waiting for her naturalization appointment.

I honestly don’t remember everything we filled in, I did it with her but it was nearly a year ago now. We filled in whatever seemed reasonable and correct and site told us what we needed to upload.
Ok. Thank you Susie
I think I will say yes for 1st question and no for the 2nd and 3rd. Praying that have a good luck with your daughter too.

After I finished the online application ( for a single/ student) I have uploaded the Green card 2 side, one page in PDF format. And the proof of selective service as the online form tells still asking for addition proof, the message warning (it might cause delay). anyone one knows what to do with that?
Also I’m wondering if the proof or the selective service needs to be signed by my son?

Thank you

Last edited:
The online forms often seem to have warnings about submitting things that not everyone needs to. If you are satisfied that you have uploaded everything required, then you can ignore that.
sorry don’t know about the signature.

The online forms often seem to have warnings about submitting things that not everyone needs to. If you are satisfied that you have uploaded everything required, then you can ignore that.
sorry don’t know about the signature.
thank you Susie,
I have uploaded the GC in the required evidence page. Selective service ( in the required place to upload). His birth certificate original and translated in one pdf in the Additional evidence You want to provide. That’s all what we can do. We are waiting one day after his birthday to be safe to submit online. Thank you

Hello Mom, Susie and everyone,
If I have a business gathering meeting with a consideration of the social distance some days before my appointment, Am I still able to do my biometrics appointment or not allowed if I did?
Of course I will apologize to join the meeting if it will effect my bio appointment. Any updates about the instructions?
I appreciate your advise. Thank you