Documents needed for Naturalization

Hi everyone,

I have two questions regarding the items to send along with N-400:

1) On the Selective Service site it is mentioned that immigrant men 31 or older are no longer required to provide a status information letter.
Should I mention this in the cover letter and send nothing or send this document:

https://www.sss.gov/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=0Ky-rgZai_Y=&portalid=0

2) I noticed that G-1145 is for an electronic notification when USCIS accepts an immigration petition. Is there a form equivalent to G-1145 for naturalization?

Thank you in advance.

Hi everyone,

I have two questions regarding the items to send along with N-400:

1) On the Selective Service site it is mentioned that immigrant men 31 or older are no longer required to provide a status information letter.
Should I mention this in the cover letter and send nothing or send this document:

https://www.sss.gov/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=0Ky-rgZai_Y=&portalid=0

2) I noticed that G-1145 is for an electronic notification when USCIS accepts an immigration petition. Is there a form equivalent to G-1145 for naturalization?

Thank you in advance.
I have same question.
Have you figured it out?

Hi Guys,From your experience is the Passport size is required to submit with the N-400? In the instruction says not if you residence in the USA.
2- children Address information, just Write “ Child is Residence with Me , or the whole address like mine ? Is the children GC and birth certificate should be send with the parent’s applications? your advise is appreciated
Thank you

Last edited:
Hi Guys,From your experience is the Passport size is required to submit with the N-400? In the instruction says not if you residence in the USA.
2- children Address information, just Write “ Child is Residence with Me , or the whole address like mine ? Is the children GC and birth certificate should be send with the parent’s applications? your advise is appreciated
Thank you
If the instructions say it is not required... what do you think?

whole address.

i really suggest you file online, it tells you exactly what documents you need to submit. Remember this is your application not your child’s.

If the instructions say it is not required... what do you think?

whole address.

i really suggest you file online, it tells you exactly what documents you need to submit. Remember this is your application not your child’s.
I couldn’t write my job online, it gives me limited choices. Also online asked for job before the date of my GC. Which I was in student visa. residence since GC issued consider for 5 years but online asked around 3 month before. That’s why I do it in paper.

Thank you

No photos required. I would not send any documents that are not requested/required. However, you can carry them to the interview in case the adjudicator asks. Type the full address, doesn't hurt.

I couldn’t write my job online, it gives me limited choices. Also online asked for job before the date of my GC. Which I was in student visa. residence since GC issued consider for 5 years but online asked around 3 month before. That’s why I do it in paper.

You can type "student" for your employment or just say none. I am not sure what you mean by limited choices. If I re-call it merely asks you your employment or school for the last 5 years. You just type them in along with the approximate start/end dates

If you have ever been arrested or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason, and no charges were filed, send:
□ An original official statement by the arresting agency or applicant court confirming that no charges were filed.

How can a person arrested with no charges filed get an official certified copy of an arrest record with written statement from the agency confirming no charges were filed from an incident 40 or 50 years ago?
I think some law enforcement agencies keep records for as short of period as 10 years when there are no charges filed especially in pre-computer days.
Some let you order records online, but I don't think they are certified official copies and likely would not include the written statement USCIS requires.

There is a post with more details about the arrest in another thread, but no replies.
threads/n-400-application-and-very-old-arrest-records.343066/#post-2526480

Last edited:
question. If an applicant for N-400 has gotten married abroad last year, (wife lives abroad) besides submitting the translated marriage certificate, does he have to submit the spouse birth certificate as well? Thank you in advance for your answer!

Last edited:
Hi there,
I sent my N-400 form June 10th, NOA received June 15th. Nothing else happened our ASC will be opened July 27th.
I signed up To USCIS online account, I can see the NOA and some documents from the copies we sent with N-400 but not the N-400 form ( is it normal to not see the field n-400 not scanned with the other documents online?)
Also when I check the case online it was telling that case was received but since last week it tells this message,
Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
User-Defined Error. is that normal?

Thanks for any comment or any one in the same track who filled in June and like to share experience, any one received the Biometric letter?

Last edited:
Hi there,
I sent my N-400 form June 10th, NOA received June 15th. Nothing else happened our ASC will be opened July 27th.
I signed up To USCIS online account, I can see the NOA and some documents from the copies we sent with N-400 but not the N-400 form ( is it normal to not see the field n-400 not scanned with the other documents online?)
Also when I check the case online it was telling that case was received but since last week it tells this message,
Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
User-Defined Error. is that normal?

Thanks for any comment or any one in the same track who filled in June and like to share experience, any one received the Biometric letter?

I don’t know about the error message but I’ve seen people talking about errors on myuscis so maybe it’s that.
If you file online then under documents tab, at the top there is a link called “my case snapshot” which is the copy of the n400 form. I don't know if this is also there if you send a paper copy but maybe check that?

I don’t know about the error message but I’ve seen people talking about errors on myuscis so maybe it’s that.
If you file online then under documents tab, at the top there is a link called “my case snapshot” which is the copy of the n400 form. I don't know if this is also there if you send a paper copy but maybe check that?
Thank you Susie for your reply, I filed paper form by mail. when I go online I can see photos of the documents like my GC and other certificates only but no snapshot of n-400 form. I can see NOA case was received.
Any ideas from your experience about when we might have the Biometric NOA?

Thank you Susie for your reply, I filed paper form by mail. when I go online I can see photos of the documents like my GC and other certificates only but no snapshot of n-400 form. I can see NOA case was received.
Any ideas from your experience about when we might have the Biometric NOA?
My bio was pre-Covid so I guess not relevant

Just to update the online tools, It’s fixed now and I can check my status online. It seems something was in the USCIS website.