Docs to file with N-400?

jasonb

Registered Users (C)
All,
Along with N-400 that I will mail, I need the following:
- 2 pictures
- copy of Green Card

and that's it, right? FYI - I am not required to file with Selective Service.

All the other docs (birth cert, copy of old passports, tax return, etc) are only required during INTERVIEW, but not during filing of N-400. Please correct me if I am wrong?

cheers,
jasonb

I submitted the supporting documents with the application- I think that makes it easier for the IO to review your file beforehand (if they do that). If you have them, why not send them in? Also, it depends on whether you file based on the 5-year or 3-year rule. The latter requires more documents to support your application. Look at this checklist for the documents you need to submit.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=11616c854523d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

Jasonb: I did the same thing,, followed the N400 instructions and sent nothing bu the photo and the copy of the GC. Not sure if it makes sense to send all the papers beforehand..Does it really help? These days most of the work until the interview notice is mechanical and standard. I dont think the mail clerks care about what else was submitted other than checking the application itself. I might be wrong though....

Bring the documents to interview since the last thing you want is to send them in with application only to have the IO tell you at interview they didn't get them or they were misplaced.

I filed under the 3 year rule and sent copies of all supporting documents with the application and I will bring the originals and copies of them to the interview as well....

I will be sending in all my stuff, including a cover letter explaining my complex situation. I will also take everything with me, just in case.

N400

Hi All,
Returning after a long time, getting ready for the citizenship (hopfully the last one!) .

I have the same questions as Jasonb. From the instruction set, what jasob listed seems to be sufficient for the application.

Just curious to know, where there any RFE for additional documents during the citizenship processing for anyone. Even though that is case by case basis, it would helpful to provide upfront to avoid the call and time elasped due to the procedure.

Thanks

Thanks all. I'll send/mail the N-400 with just pictures, copy of LPR card and the check then.

From looking at other people's timeframe, it seems like within one month, the FP is taken and within 3 to 4 months or so the interview takes place.

Here is my question:
Since my Resident Since Date is June 04, 2004, technically, my eligible date is June 04, 2009 and I am filing because I am within the 90-day window.

Now, how does it play out? Is the FP only done once you cross your "eligible date" (in my case FP can only be done AFTER June 04 2009)?? Or can the FP be done prior to that magic date? I assume that interview can only happen AFTER June 04 for me, right?

By the end of April, USCIS will have received my N-400 for about a month or so, so is it possible for them to issue me the FP order? Or will they wait around until June 04 before they even move their *** on my paperwork?

thanks,
jasonb