Do you think the processing speed depends on your nationality?!

It certainly does! What do you think, if the applicant is say, Hassan Rahman and from Turkmenistan, versus Joakim Balievich from Belarus who is going to be approved first? Who is likely to have more detailed background check?

samird said:
It certainly does! What do you think, if the applicant is say, Hassan Rahman and from Turkmenistan, versus Joakim Balievich from Belarus who is going to be approved first? Who is likely to have more detailed background check?

Agree with Samird 100%. Just the fact that most of the western countries treat several nationalites differently. LIke for instance if you are from North Korea and you want to get a Visa to Europe, It takes 2 months to get that...

If you are from ANY muslim country and want to go to India, It takes 6 months to get a visa..maybe more..

Nationality matters a lot. GC Is a privilege so they want to make sure. ITs just the "computer picked you randomly" when I go to the airport...Eveyrtime its like "oh computer picked you randomly"..its more like "You are from this country so thats why and nothing is random so shutup and take off your clothes"

Can we say all RDs 2000 left behind belong to applicants from muslim countries?This might be the main reason why these cases are still pending all right?

and also I think USICS can track your daily life, remember when you file your I485 you put your SSN on it!! from SSN they can see how much tax did you pay during the past years, if you have a mortgage, financing a new car or even your current job, they can easily see. if you are taking government money, like food stamp, your application will definatly delay! I think it depends on a lot of factors! timing is just one of them!

A friend of mine with RD Feb 2002 is welfare situation since 2003 and got GC from Texas while higher tax payers with RD 2000 still waiting for...

Double_V said:
and also I think USICS can track your daily life, remember when you file your I485 you put your SSN on it!! from SSN they can see how much tax did you pay during the past years, if you have a mortgage, financing a new car or even your current job, they can easily see. if you are taking government money, like food stamp, your application will definatly delay! I think it depends on a lot of factors! timing is just one of them!

I think maybe 1 or 2% of asylees are on food stamps. First of all its tough to get welfare...and most immigrants are hard workers. USCIS cares more for who is a bad guy for the U.S Citizen rather than the IRS...

There is something wrong here, Friend of mine is from muslim country (same country as I came from) and he came after i came and he applied after I did, During the time his case was pending he never traveled but I did, he got his 7 months ago and his friend with later ND got it too, I don't know where the heck is mine. I traveled four times so far, to a muslim country and as far as my situation goes I have to do it more, so probably I am not going to get any GC.
They are just checking my case everyday make sure I dont do anything wrong.
Who knows what is going on?

The luck is the main factor. I have many friends from countries not favored by the US, but got their GC before others. It happened in many cases. The truth is that they do not like to fill the US anymore with immigrants from overrepresented countries. That is the reason for the retrogression for some countires NOT specific background. If you are from a country under watch, then your security check or name check should be already in their computers!
Other thoughts?

Double_V said:

Nonsense! IRS and INS are two different entities and are not intertwined and\or have access to each other's databases. USCIS cannot and is not interested in tracking your food stamps. All they need is your tax returns.

14ksusha said:
Nonsense! IRS and INS are two different entities and are not intertwined and\or have access to each other's databases. USCIS cannot and is not interested in tracking your food stamps. All they need is your tax returns.

They are not even supposed to look at your tax returns when you are an asylee because it is not relevant.

I think nationality matters to the extent that the post 9/11 background checks take much longer for applicants from certain "sensitive countries."

Well I think this issue is debatable since many people that I know of on this forum personally have gotten approved and they were from "sensitive" Muslim countries and their age was also in Red Flag zone i.e. 22 to 45 years old.

Lazerthegreat said:
Well I think this issue is debatable since many people that I know of on this forum personally have gotten approved and they were from "sensitive" Muslim countries and their age was also in Red Flag zone i.e. 22 to 45 years old.

I did not say that these people are not being approved. I was just saying that their background checks are taking considerably longer than for other people.

I agree, I applied for my work permit in Nov 2004 and received it in Aug 2005.

In Jul 2005 I applied for my I-94 and got a letter today stating that they are doing back ground check and if I don't get my I-94 within 6 months of this letter I should call them.

The problem with the USCIS is that they don't care about immigrants or asylees. My daughter was born last year in the US the day I got the birth certificate I went to the post office to apply for her US passport and guess what I received it with in 2 weeks. So the USCIS cares more of US citizens than us.

eddie_240 said:
I agree, I applied for my work permit in Nov 2004 and received it in Aug 2005.

In Jul 2005 I applied for my I-94 and got a letter today stating that they are doing back ground check and if I don't get my I-94 within 6 months of this letter I should call them.

The problem with the USCIS is that they don't care about immigrants or asylees. My daughter was born last year in the US the day I got the birth certificate I went to the post office to apply for her US passport and guess what I received it with in 2 weeks. So the USCIS cares more of US citizens than us.

I do not want to sound like an apologist for the USCIS. However they have a job to perform. Specifically for aliens getting permission to live in the United States is a privilege, not a right. The USCIS has an obligation to verify our backgrounds before extending us a precious benefit, especially in the post 9/11 world.

thankful said:
I do not want to sound like an apologist for the USCIS. However they have a job to perform. Specifically for aliens getting permission to live in the United States is a privilege, not a right. The USCIS has an obligation to verify our backgrounds before extending us a precious benefit, especially in the post 9/11 world.

Oh, please!!! It takes minutes to run a person's name against terrorists' and FBI wanted lists. It's not like an FBI agent is going to track down your previous places of work and living and question people who knew you. There is no reason checking backround should take 6 months!

14ksusha said:
Oh, please!!! It takes minutes to run a person's name against terrorists' and FBI wanted lists. It's not like an FBI agent is going to track down your previous places of work and living and question people who knew you. There is no reason checking backround should take 6 months!

You are wrong again. It doesn't take minutes to check fingerprints, there are many forms of checks, like name check, which can take months. I got asked for my divorce decree, although the CIS was never informed of my marriage, which means they do extensive checks of civil registry as well. Furthermore, for some people it takes longer than others, especially if their names pop up in the FBI files for whatever reason, like "persons of interest", or if they had had any criminal history. Plus the FBI is a bureacracy just as any other, and there are priorities in each. So don't jump to conclusions for which you are not informed of the evidence.

annaraka said:
You are wrong again. It doesn't take minutes to check fingerprints, there are many forms of checks, like name check, which can take months. I got asked for my divorce decree, although the CIS was never informed of my marriage, which means they do extensive checks of civil registry as well. Furthermore, for some people it takes longer than others, especially if their names pop up in the FBI files for whatever reason, like "persons of interest", or if they had had any criminal history. Plus the FBI is a bureacracy just as any other, and there are priorities in each. So don't jump to conclusions for which you are not informed of the evidence.

Well said.

annaraka said:

Well, dear, it may be different in your case, if you are 'a person of interest' with FBI or have some criminal history or never informed CIS of your marriage (which you should have). I, personally, didn't even get a speeding ticket in the 15 years that I lived here, paid my taxes, and am happily married. So when I applied for a government job, my background check took literally several minutes. An agent ran my name, SSN, and DOB against numerous databases, and it came out clean. I guess in your situation it may take longer and you need to be patient!