Do you think the processing speed depends on your nationality?!

14ksusha said:
Well, dear, it may be different in your case, if you are 'a person of interest' with FBI or have some criminal history or never informed CIS of your marriage (which you should have). I, personally, didn't even get a speeding ticket in the 15 years that I lived here, paid my taxes, and am happily married. So when I applied for a government job, my background check took literally several minutes. An agent ran my name, SSN, and DOB against numerous databases, and it came out clean. I guess in your situation it may take longer and you need to be patient!

Well 14ksusha is right I think. For normal law-abiding tax payers, it shouldnt take long to do name checks or clearances. If you do POP up on the FBi list, well then you shouldn't be whining about it anyways and you probably know that.

And if you call the FBI people, they tell you that they process the FP clearances in the same day. Name Check is something that USCIS has made into a mystery because it shouldn't be that hard but they sound as if every case has an officer go door by door looking for information.

eddie_240 said:
I agree, I applied for my work permit in Nov 2004 and received it in Aug 2005.

In Jul 2005 I applied for my I-94 and got a letter today stating that they are doing back ground check and if I don't get my I-94 within 6 months of this letter I should call them.

The problem with the USCIS is that they don't care about immigrants or asylees. My daughter was born last year in the US the day I got the birth certificate I went to the post office to apply for her US passport and guess what I received it with in 2 weeks. So the USCIS cares more of US citizens than us.

Eddie,

If you are an asylee or a refugee, you DO NOT need a work permit because your SSN should NOT be restricted. Please click on link below:

http://www.ssa.gov/immigration/documents.htm

---

14ksusha said:
Well, dear, it may be different in your case, if you are 'a person of interest' with FBI or have some criminal history or never informed CIS of your marriage (which you should have). I, personally, didn't even get a speeding ticket in the 15 years that I lived here, paid my taxes, and am happily married. So when I applied for a government job, my background check took literally several minutes. An agent ran my name, SSN, and DOB against numerous databases, and it came out clean. I guess in your situation it may take longer and you need to be patient!

I never said that my name popped up on the FBI list. I called the FBI and they told me that my FP check was returned back to CIS immediately, the same day that I did my FP. I was making a point that there are such cases. I never informed the CIS of my marriage, because I married after I applied for GC, and divorced before I received any RFE; so luckily, I didn't have a happy marriage (never marry a lawyer, who is your professor), that's why it didn't last and I initiated divorce proceedings.

Quite frankly, I wasn't whining; as I recall, I was writing in favor of the federal agencies, and not to their objection or criticism, nor to whine; I am not getting impatient although I applied in 2000. I think my GC is around the corner, and I am not going anywhere, nor am I prevented from traveling or participating in any activities (other than voting, which I can't wait).

In terms of working for the Federal government, I worked for the Fifth Circuit Court, which is one of the US Federal Courts of Appeals (for you who don't know), so I too have passed a very stringent background check; as well as the International War Crimes Tribunal (and not as a translator by the way), amongst other things. I also worked for an Immigration Attorney at the International Rescue Committee, and am now working for the District Attorney; therefore I am very familiar with the inner workings of the federal and the jurisprudential bureaucracies of this country, hence my defense of the FBI system. Therefore I would say, to those who are whining about working for the federal government and passing a background check, get real.

Btw. I have had many speeding tickets. And to those who say they are "decent, tax paying" people, I also say, get real; tax paying is an obligation in this country, not a charity; you are in America now, and that's how things work here, so get used to it.

And there comrades, is my CV; any offers?

Last edited by a moderator:
annaraka said:
Btw. I have had many speeding tickets.
Hi guys ,
My question regarding speeding tickets.I had/have a lot , not sure how many exactly , like 1-2 each year,so min 10 ,but no more then 20 since 1997.
Most friends and people i know in the same situation , but they r not asylee.
Is this a problem in a process of getting GC?Do ins care about speeding tickets?
Thanks in advance and good luck to all old NDs holders!!!!!

annaraka said:
I never said that my name popped up on the FBI list. I called the FBI and they told me that my FP check was returned back to CIS immediately, the same day that I did my FP. I was making a point that there are such cases. I never informed the CIS of my marriage, because I married after I applied for GC, and divorced before I received any RFE; so luckily, I didn't have a happy marriage (never marry a lawyer, who is your professor), that's why it didn't last and I initiated divorce proceedings.

Quite frankly, I wasn't whining; as I recall, I was writing in favor of the federal agencies, and not to their objection or criticism, nor to whine; I am not getting impatient although I applied in 2000. I think my GC is around the corner, and I am not going anywhere, nor am I prevented from traveling or participating in any activities (other than voting, which I can't wait).

In terms of working for the Federal government, I worked for the Fifth Circuit Court, which is one of the US Federal Courts of Appeals (for you who don't know), so I too have passed a very stringent background check; as well as the International War Crimes Tribunal (and not as a translator by the way), amongst other things. I also worked for an Immigration Attorney at the International Rescue Committee, and am now working for the District Attorney; therefore I am very familiar with the inner workings of the federal and the jurisprudential bureaucracies of this country, hence my defense of the FBI system. Therefore I would say, to those who are whining about working for the federal government and passing a background check, get real.

Btw. I have had many speeding tickets. And to those who say they are "decent, tax paying" people, I also say, get real; tax paying is an obligation in this country, not a charity; you are in America now, and that's how things work here, so get used to it.

And there comrades, is my CV; any offers?

Chill girl! you got emotional..... :)

ClevelandOH said:
Hi guys ,
My question regarding speeding tickets.I had/have a lot , not sure how many exactly , like 1-2 each year,so min 10 ,but no more then 20 since 1997.
Most friends and people i know in the same situation , but they r not asylee.
Is this a problem in a process of getting GC?Do ins care about speeding tickets?
Thanks in advance and good luck to all old NDs holders!!!!!

Hey Cleveland,

I am in the same boat. I don't think it will matter at all, as far as your GC is concerned. There are classifications amongst the law which are divided into classes according to the degree of seriousness and the type of punishment. Some moving violations, such as speeding, fall into the class C misdemeanor, and are punishable by a fine of $0 to $500.

However, during your citizenship interview, an IO may ask you if you have had any traffic violations, and may reqest that you bring him a copy of the adjudication for those. It will not prevent you from getting your citizenship, solely based on the class C misdemeanor, unless there were other cricumstances involved; such as a warrant or an arrest for non payment of fine, or for not appearing in court, which would have turned into a higher misdemeanor offense, such as class B or A.

Is there anyone from Bosnia nad Herzegovina and yugoslavia

Is there anyone who has been living in America for few years, but he or she was born in Zugoslavia or Bosnia and Heryegovina?
If there anyone, please, would you explain me how can I applied for GC and is this process to be charged ? Or is there anything to be free?
I was born in Bosnia and Hercegovina. How many people are allowed by American Government to participate in getting visas for imigrants from Bosnia and Hercegovina?
Thank you in advance!!! :confused: :confused: :) :)

sanjoni said:
Is there anyone who has been living in America for few years, but he or she was born in Zugoslavia or Bosnia and Heryegovina?
If there anyone, please, would you explain me how can I applied for GC and is this process to be charged ? Or is there anything to be free?
I was born in Bosnia and Hercegovina. How many people are allowed by American Government to participate in getting visas for imigrants from Bosnia and Hercegovina?
Thank you in advance!!! :confused: :confused: :) :)

Reci mi malo vise o tvom slucaju. Posalji mi privatnu poruku ako hoces, i objasni mi tvoj slucaj i status.

kjonim32 said:
Originally Posted by annaraka
Reci mi malo vise o tvom slucaju. Posalji mi privatnu poruku ako hoces, i objasni mi tvoj slucaj i status.

I can read this. Cool.

ME TOO!

#$%^#@$%%$^%&^&$#@#%$^&*)^#%$@

Did you guys understand the most beneficial information that I provided above.. :)
English plz.... :p

Lazer, My Man - Learn Russian :) А Б В Г Д Е Ж З И Й К Л М Н О П Р С Т У Ф Х Ц Ч Ш Щ

kjonim32 said:
Kak dela solovei ti gde?
ClevelandOH said:
Solovei,solovei ptashechka, kanareechka veselo poet
:D :eek: :D
NEW YORK

ДЕЛАЕМ РУССКУЮ ПАРТИЮ?
RUSSIAN PARTY, ANYBODY?

LOL

annaraka said:
I don't understand Russian.....

I do :p but let speak english due to respect to others,.. or go to ulitka.com and speak Russian.

AG 06/01
ND 09/02
BIO 09/05
RFI 10/19/05 REC. BY CIS
LUD 10/21/05

Immagine how this forum is gonna look like if everyone here can be able to use his/her native language.