Do you feel upset if citizens do not standup during anthem singing?

WBH

Registered Users (C)
Do you feel upset if citizens do not standup during anthem singing at sport events? You can kick their butts but you better wait until you become a citizens otherwise you face deportation for a crime of battery and assault.

I guess if they are not doing it out of dissent, I'd be ok. But there are certain things to be respected of all countries such as their national pride, anthem and flag even if one does not agree with their laws or ways of life. I think it would be wrong to insult any of it (whether its your country or another). Freedom of expression shouldn't mean freedom to degrade or insult. Just my 2 cents....:)

Last edited by a moderator:
There are many reasons why people don't stand. For some the oath is just part of a long process they are glad is over, for others its a proud moment and new beginning. In the end, everyone has their reasons and everyone needs to respect everyone elses choices.

Do you feel upset if citizens do not standup during anthem singing at sport events? You can kick their butts but you better wait until you become a citizens otherwise you face deportation for a crime of battery and assault.

And after being citizen, you will not face deportation for sure however will face charges for a crime of battery and assault plus you will possibly convicted and prisoned for that crime.

And after being citizen, you will not face deportation for sure however will face charges for a crime of battery and assault plus you will possibly convicted and prisoned for that crime.

It is easy to get a deferred judment deal and get away from it. Deferred judment deal is bad for immigration purpose but for criminal purpose
it is just a aquital

I am a diplomatic brat. My parents taught me to respect flags and anthems of all nations at a very early age. So personally I always rise whenever any anthem is sung/played. If others don't, I do not get upset, I just feel sorry for them.

Do you feel upset if citizens do not standup during anthem singing at sport events?

IMO, as long as they are being otherwise respectful, I don't care. You never know a person's full situation (standing, certain movements may cause pain, they might be disabled, etc...).

People have the rights for privacy and this is a free country

What else do you want to kick butts for. Looks like you have a mean streak that you need to take care of.

I think freedom of expression is part of the beauty of the country you'd soon be a citizen of. Let us all strive to preserve that beauty.....

It is easy to get a deferred judment deal and get away from it. Deferred judment deal is bad for immigration purpose but for criminal purpose
it is just a aquital

If you think it is OK to beat up people who do something that annoys you and if you think it is OK to break the law as long as you "can get away from it", you are not ready to be a U.S. citizen.