Do they check the addresses and employment dates ?

Proxyon

Registered Users (C)
During the last five years I have changed many jobs in the US, and I am not quite sure of the exact days of employment even though I know them approximately. Do USCIS really check these dates in such details ?

During the last five years I have changed many jobs in the US, and I am not quite sure of the exact days of employment even though I know them approximately. Do USCIS really check these dates in such details ?

Disclose everything truthfully.

- If you do not recall exact dates of employment, ask the HR department of your ex-company/companies.
- If you do not recall exact dates of addresses, ask leasing office/landlord of ex-places you lived.

As mentioned by the previous user, request all the necessary information from your previous employers and provide every single detail to the USCIS. It is best to submit everything so as to avoid any delay in processing.

No they don't check it unless they suspect something. You don't have to request any docs from employers. This is absurd.

No they don't check it unless they suspect something. You don't have to request any docs from employers. This is absurd.

I didn't suggest to ask for documents from your employers. I suggested to ask for the exact dates which can be done verbally with no documents involved!

Please read the posts carefully before classifying them as "absurd"

Also with USCIS, disclose everything truthfully. Don't bet on that they will not check.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fully agree with goro. If you don't remember the exact dates, just list the month and year. There is absolutely no need to jump through hoops and request information from your past employers.

I fully agree with goro. If you don't remember the exact dates, just list the month and year. There is absolutely no need to jump through hoops and request information from your past employers.

Well, if you think that picking up the phone and calling an HR department is jumping through hoops. I think it is worth to have the exact dates.

Month and year is sufficient. And they won't penalize you if they find out that you're off a by a month somewhere.

Not only is it not worth it, it's completely unnecessary.

Yep, in your opinion it's not worth it and it is unnecessary. In my opinion it is worth it and it is necessary. Everybody is free to choose.

I must have been pretty lucky then. All the HR departments and personnel I dealt with were extremely helpful and friendly.

Yes I agree with you nwctzn.......
and no other department can be worse then dealing with USCIS. People wait for years to become citizen here and go thru hard times. So making a phone call and getting some dates together, could be done in less then 10mins.

Yep, in your opinion it's not worth it and it is unnecessary. In my opinion it is worth it and it is necessary. Everybody is free to choose.

This isn't about opinion. This is about completely unnecessary footwork. Again, month and year are perfectly acceptable.

This isn't about opinion. This is about completely unnecessary footwork. Again, month and year are perfectly acceptable.

Until you point us to a USCIS document/source verifying this, it is your opinion. Can you point us to a USCIS document/source stating that "approximate" month/year is fine?

Until you point us to a USCIS document/source verifying this, it is your opinion. Can you point us to a USCIS document/source stating that "approximate" month/year is fine?

Oh, enough already. Reread my posts - I have never claimed my statements to be facts. Can YOU point us to a USCIS document/source stating that "exact" date is required?

Oh, enough already. Reread my posts - I have never claimed my statements to be facts. Can YOU point us to a USCIS document/source stating that "exact" date is required?

Look at all the date entries on N-400! The N-400 is a USCIS document! All dates on that document are in MM/DD/YYYY format.

Look at all the date entries on N-400! The N-400 is a USCIS document! All dates on that document are in MM/DD/YYYY format.

You are basing your opinion on the automatic field in a fillable PDF? I am speechless...

You are basing your opinion on the automatic field in a fillable PDF? I am speechless...

A PDF/document from USCIS! Nothing to do with the automatic fill in. All dates are indicated as MM/DD/YYYY above the entries. Looks like you did not have a look at it.

So let's discuss then. Based on your statement, if it is OK to put approximate dates for employment, then it is OK to put in approximate dates for your marriage, an approximate date for your date of birth, an approximate date for the date you became LPR. There is no end to this.

If you want to have the last word, go ahead. I will not continue to spam this thread.