Do I need to get visa to go Singapore with GC + Passport?

mark1999

Registered Users (C)
dear friends?
I want to go Singapore for vacation. i got my GC based on Asylum. my passport (chinese passport) is not expired. Do I need to get visa to enter? How do I do? thanks for replying.

Last edited by a moderator:
dear friends?
I want to go Singapore for vacation. i got my GC based on Asylum. my passport (chinese passport) is not expired. Do I need to get visa to enter? How do I do? thanks for replying.

I believe you do need a visa. The only way you would not need a visa is if you are using RTD.

You can use RTD(or entry permit) +GC without Visa going to Singapore.
I went there several time using RTD+GC.

I had problem one time with Singapore airlines in SFO didn't understand about RTD they made me wait for 2 hours to confirm, I almost sue them for that.
When I arrive in Singapore no problem at all, the immigration in singapore know about RTD with or without greencard.

Last year they gave visa-free entry to people on American RPs and RTDs. Not sure if they extended to the same courtesy to PRC passport holders given the illegal Chinese immigration issue in Asia. My suggestion is to use a RP or a RTD.

I'm not sure now maybe they changed read thishttp://www.mfa.gov.sg/sanfrancisco/USA%20visa%20regulations.html

go to the singapore consulate

yes delta also says that RTD holders need visa to germany..so don't use this crappy system.

I think every case is different, we are from different parts of the world, if u want to use your NP, just go to consulate of Singapore in your city, if you don't have one, check it online

Since I am bored, I called the embassy of Singapore and they confirmed no visa is required if using a DHS issued travel document.

Mark1999,

I do not understand why you are so enamored of your Chinese passport. Singapore has a very liberal visa policy to attract tourists. Most people in the world can enjoy visa free access to Singapore. However, PRC nationals are on the short list of people who DO need visas (along with other pathetic countries). See this link: http://app.ica.gov.sg/travellers/entry/visa_requirements.asp

So do yourself a favor and toss your passport.

Comcast, it may behoove you not to make slanderous comments by calling countries "pathetic." The fact is, you are here as an asylee, so it doesn't really matter which country it is that you came from. Your statement is hurtful and immature.

Comcast, it may behoove you not to make slanderous comments by calling countries "pathetic." The fact is, you are here as an asylee, so it doesn't really matter which country it is that you came from. Your statement is hurtful and immature.

We have freedom of speech in the United States. I will call a spade a spade. Sorry if it hurts your feeling but I will exercise my right to speak up. Countries that produce refugees are pathetic. So my own country of birth is pathetic and so is yours.

Comcast, its not a matter of calling a spade a spade. Different people have different circumstances, for which they sought asylum from their COP. That doesn't necessarily make a whole country pathetic. Your statement isn't about hurting my feelings, because mine hasn't been. Its just ignorant and immature. Gross generalizations make you look uneducated and thoughtless, not the pathetic countries you refer to.